PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cough syrup?

Der Alte Krieger
12-27-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm going to the Dr. this morning for my meds and have a racking cough in the bargan. What kind of cough syrup should I ask for to get thwe most bang for my buck?

I remember Tussin being real good, is that what to ask for? Juist Tussin?

ausativa
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
hydrocodone cough linctus. there is generic brands so tussenex might raise the junky flag. just explain how you have had an unproductive cough and that over the counter cough suppresents arnt working. g'luck -sativa

Simpleman
12-27-2011, 09:21 AM
HYCODAN

More Feen
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
My Farmacist says Robotussin AC contains codeine and can be sold without a prescription (in states like Michigami), but no Farmacyst will sell it w/o an Rx.

I've seen dilaudid cough syrup, but that would be too tantalizing a treat NOT to try and extract (somehow--syrups are tough muthers to extract from).

Hope you get some good shite,

M F

flowergirl
12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Tussionex is the fruity yummy yellow hydrocodone cough syrup that rocks. Just explain that you can't even get codeine cough medicine down - its foul as hell, or say it has never worked. You don't want stupid Tessalon caps, I had so hoped they were something good!

jill
12-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree, Tussionex is going to be about the best you can hope for, but directly asking for that is going to raise a red flag.

Just make sure in your symptoms, you have a runny nose (as opposed to stuffed up/congested) and sneezing...that should lead him to that along with whatever else you have tried that hasn't worked.

Let us know how it turns out!

candyman20
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
nah yo your sixty years old tussionex is an old school drug so ask for tussionex they aint gonna thing your a drug seeker but if they say no ull probly get some promethazine with codeine

and since i have asthma and get syrup multiple times a year i ask for whatever the fuck i want and they still say no to tussionex cuz its the 10mg per teaspoon but i get they hydromet5mg and the 7.5 shit i forget what they call and prometh wit codeine. so bein ur age and al its perfectly ok to ask for fuckin tussionex

Count Zero
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I have never, and plan to never, ask for a drug, especially a pain killing drug, by it's brand name. I find that if you describe the symptoms and let the doctor suggest the treatments, it generally works better that way. I usually get what I came for, they are comfortable that they were in control (ego intact) and that I'm not a med seeking junkie. Once in awhile they'll ask what's worked well in the past, that's the cue to mention it. Otherwise I try to let them make the suggestions.

SHELLEY
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
its so fucking gay how every time you're a customer
you find out what you want and then ask for that
except at a goddamn doctors office
god forbid you're an informed consumer who knows what you want/need
you gotta beat around the bush like an asshole hoping that this medically trained prickwad comes to the same conclusion as you
fucking doctors

lately, i treat doctors like i treat restaurants/stores/any other business
i find out what product i want
then i do some research and find out what doctor will write me for that product
then go in and ask by name
and if they don't write me what i want, i won't pay

TheTalkingAsshole
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
HYCODAN

I second that suggestion

danny
12-27-2011, 12:31 PM
you gotta beat around the bush like an asshole hoping that this medically trained prickwad comes to the same conclusion as you
fucking doctors

dont you think that you have a pretty charmed life in that respect shelley though? living in miami and whatnot surrounded by script doctors, from what i can make out thats not representative of your average stateside junkie, correct me if im wrong...

Matt
12-27-2011, 12:33 PM
nah yo your sixty years old tussionex is an old school drug so ask for tussionex they aint gonna thing your a drug seeker but if they say no ull probly get some promethazine with codeine
so bein ur age and al its perfectly ok to ask for fuckin tussionex

You never know, so it's good to watch out these days. My 80-year-old grandma asked for Percocet, and the doctor tripped out. Asked her where she got them before and shit like that haha. But he gave 'em to her anyway. I guess that is the difference between young and old. You might raise suspicion, but you'll get your dope from the doc anyway if you're older.

I don't know how my girlfriends mom pulled it off, she pry didn't even try, but one time a couple years back she had a bottle of liquid hydrocodone. Not too exciting, but still pretty cool. I probably could have gulped most of that bottle down trying to get high.

SHELLEY
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
dont you think that you have a pretty charmed life in that respect shelley though? living in miami and whatnot surrounded by script doctors, from what i can make out thats not representative of your average stateside junkie, correct me if im wrong...

i keep hearing shit like this
why do you think i fucking live here?
believe me, it's not for the palm trees (although it was nice going swimming on christmas)

flowergirl
12-27-2011, 12:51 PM
I've never one time had an issue when asking for hydrocodone cough syrup. The codeine garbage never fails to make me vomit. Just thinking of it makes my mouth get that gaggy watery thing happening, fuck.

I don't worry about asking because I don't come across as a drug seeker. I come across as a gal with a lingering unproductive annoying cough that gets so bad it makes my abdominal muscles scream with every hacking fit. This was super fun at the end of trying to heal from broken ribs! A dry awful cough that doesn't allow me to sleep for entirely too long? Only a paranoid doctor would suggest something OTC. The shit just doesn't work well.

We always have Tussionex in the house and it's the only thing that really works for me. That and silver sulfadiazene (for burns) are the only 2 prescriptions I always always have tucked away in a medicine cabinet. Kinda like normal people would have Robitussin and some kind of aloe. ;-)

You shouldn't have much of a problem, D. It's not like you're asking for fentanyl.

Matt
12-27-2011, 01:41 PM
I've never one time had an issue when asking for hydrocodone cough syrup. The codeine garbage never fails to make me vomit. Just thinking of it makes my mouth get that gaggy watery thing happening, fuck.

Hot saliva. I hate that feeling.
I don't remember having a hard time getting codeine cough syrup down, although it did taste a little strange but good in a way. I liked the pink color too. I drank the majority of a bottle shot by shot on a withdrawal early in my heroin career and it didn't put a dent.

danny
12-27-2011, 02:45 PM
i keep hearing shit like this
why do you think i fucking live here?
believe me, it's not for the palm trees (although it was nice going swimming on christmas)

say no more. point taken.

PaininAlabama
12-27-2011, 05:34 PM
I have COPD, chronic bronchitis, what the docs call junky lungs (kinda funny when you think) and I always say I want the pineapple flavored, that it works the best. And I almost always get it, cause my lungs are really junky. But every doc out there knows what the yellow pineapple flavored cough med is. (I never call it liquid gold in the office, that would prolly put the kibosh on Tussionex for me, but thats what I call it everywhere else)

Indy
12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Tussionex is the fruity yummy yellow hydrocodone cough syrup that rocks. Just explain that you can't even get codeine cough medicine down - its foul as hell, or say it has never worked. You don't want stupid Tessalon caps, I had so hoped they were something good!

I've got the same story. I heard my dr say he was gonna give me -what sounded like- "tussalon pearls" and my mind was like "tussalon - tussionex? maybe a connection?" then I get home and find out they're a local anesthetic that doesn't work very well and can stop your heart. bad day.

ImChipperToday
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM
fucking doctors

I knew if anyone shared this opinion with me, it was you. Shit is a fucking joke. Consumers can be informed in every market except the health market? The fuck is that? Shouldn't that be considered the most important market to be informed in?

Matt
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Not when it comes to narcotics, apparently. Shit, it's not like everyone is just looking for easy access to a high. And even with those of us that are who outwardly make it appear to be otherwise, they shouldn't treat it as though we are anyway haha!

eukodalic
12-27-2011, 08:36 PM
We always have Tussionex in the house and it's the only thing that really works for me. That and silver sulfadiazene (for burns) are the only 2 prescriptions I always always have tucked away in a medicine cabinet. Kinda like normal people would have Robitussin and some kind of aloe. ;-)

You shouldn't have much of a problem, D. It's not like you're asking for fentanyl.

Those are two good scripts to keep around the house, Flowergirl!
Tussionex is the best syrup out there, possibly with the exception of the
rare and storied Dilaudid syrup; of which I've only seen pics on the the Net.
Tussionex may even be better, due to the better bioavail of h-codone vs. the poor
absorption of oral dilaudid many here know about...

Only negative, if any, to Tussionex is its "no-insurance price." If you don't have
insurance the stuff can be a wallet or purse emptying proposition; I once had to
pay about $250 for a 240 ml bottle of Tuss! But, being that the script was hard
to get for me back then, I went home with the orangey-golden liquid and was glad to
have it-- if your tolerance to opioids is on the low side, Tussionex will rock your world
as well as treat a bad, hacking, dry cough like Flowergirl mentions.

AndiPandi
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Am I the only one wondering what came of it? C'mon DAK do tell. ;)

Der Alte Krieger
01-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Am I the only one wondering what came of it? C'mon DAK do tell. ;)

OK, I didn't mean to leave y'all hanging but I just did get to the Dr. today and just got home. I had to piss test this time which I passed with flying colors, thanks to the ol baloon of clean piss stiffed up the ass with an aquarium hose strapped to my handsome, if a little crooked, member, or in this case the right kind of dirty, Xanax and Hydro formula, obtained by feeding a friend Xanax and Hydro and using the results.

The Dr. always just asks me, kinda impatiently, "well, what do you want" when I ask him for something and when he asked this about the cough syrup I drew a total blank. I was racking my brain for all the suggestions y'all offered till he finaly said "you just want something with a lot of codine in it, right" to which I said "yeah". so I wound up getting me a bottle of "Purple Drank" Codiene with Promethazine.

I see a 180 on the label which I asume meand 180 mgs of Codiene . How much Promethazine is there going to be in all that? If I drink the whole bottle and eat some 10/325s am I gonna be too noddy to go out and job hunt and deal with people at the courthouse?

Count Zero
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Well you have a bit of a pod tolly, right? I don't think that'll nod you out too hard but I'd start with half a bottle mainly to see if that much works. I suspect there's more than 180 mgs of codeine in there, that would be an awfully small bottle-6 T3 IIRC, it should be easy enough to look up at any rate.
I once got a bottle of codeine syrup that saved my ass, I was on vaca with my rents in Cape Fear NC and didn't bring enough BT or done to cover for a decent NoCal tar habit (actually I didn't bring enough done and I smoked all the tar at a wedding I was for a few days before, way too much of which I shared-very stupid in retrospect but there were people at the wedding who knew I'd be holding and never got to see tar).
Anyway I basically held it together but there were a couple of nights with no done where I had to leave the house so my fam wouldn't (correctly) think I was losing my mind and just go the beach and lie there and shake and suffer and convulse until morning when they'd get up and I'd come in and go to bed and shake and convulse for a few more hours. So I got sick from that, sweaty, hacking cough, looked like shit-surprise-and I called up a random doctor in CF, took the ferry to the mainland, didn't fake a thing except being in wds and came out of there with an Rx for a nice fat bottle of whatever, it was either Tussionex or codeine.
On the way back to the island I chugged about 1/3 of it and felt this wave of peace and warmth and lack of pain wash over me, I wasn't nodding or seriously buzzed but it was a great moment, that was 20+ years ago and I still feel the relief when I think about it. I saved the rest and doled it out over the few days left and made it back to CA in one piece to be a junkie for 5 more years.
Sorry to hijack DAK & I hope you get the same feeling I did, or something close.

Indy
01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
180 is probably mL....the promethazine/codeine syrup has like 6.5 (or something like that) mg of promethazine and 10 mg of codeine in a tsp. so 180/5 is 36 teaspoons, times 10 is 360 mg of codeine. sounds about right. and yeah the promethazine will definitely mess you up. not even nodding, since at that dose it actually keeps me up, but really spacey and hard to think.

mika
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
fucking doctors

I agree. It's laissez-faire capitalism and it's what made this country great.

JUNKYJAY
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
They Hand that shit out like Candy over hear. I drove my SO sis to the Walk in clinic. This place is strict like I am talking your in Tears won't script Tynol #3 12 count. You can buy Tynol #1 with codiene over the counter FFS. You got a runny Nose and a Cough BAM! Huge brown bottle of the good stuff. Hydro Sizup and she is in Early 20's so you being 60 Id ask for Tussinex and some Opana and oxy to crush up and mix into it in case its not strong enough LOL Hope it works out for ya EH??

blinky89
01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
damn man should have went for hycodan.....thats by far the best hydro cough syrup IMO. it hits harder and is stronger than tussionex. im pretty sure its bc the tussionex has a time-release suspension formula or some shit.

but yea....hycodan ftw!

Der Alte Krieger
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I get 120 10/325 Norcos with my scripts, I wanted to get sonething a little different. I'm enjoying the shit out of my sippin syrup this evning.