PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Speckles

Matt
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Has anyone ever removed the speckles from a Vic and snorted them?

A friend and I had some green and blue-specked pills some years ago before I knew heroin addiction, so we performed an experiment and removed most of the little balls from the white powder and snorted them up. Seemed to get me high as I didn't have a tolerance back then. Now I didn't know what the fuck those specks were but sure as I was that it was the hydro I tried it anyway and it seemed to work, unless I experienced some sort of placebo effect. It all seemed to make sense as far as the speckle-white stuff ratio went (5 or 7.5 to 500.)

Boy
12-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Searched on the web and it seems to be a brand identifier.

Matt
12-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I did some miniscule searching as well before I posted this and didn't come up with much. I thought there were generics and a name brand with speckles but I'm probably wrong as I'm in the middle of doing a sub shot and don't feel like looking it up some more haha!

skeezerjohns22
12-17-2011, 01:25 AM
UCB and Qualitest brands both have speckles

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/75500LT.jpg

http://www.healthline.com/images/gold/DrugItem_1745.jpg

Matt
12-17-2011, 01:28 AM
I forget there's Vicodin and LorTab, so that's already two brand names thus making me inaccurate. But I'm thinking in terms kind of like how Purdue had the patent for extended-release oxycodone, making the name brand and other's generic' (Mallinkrodt, ABG, etc.

elek2ronik
12-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Those are crazy looking. I have a shit ton of the qualitest (3592 imprint 5/500's) but they're solid white.

Richard_Cranium
12-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Has anyone ever removed the speckles from a Vic and snorted them?

A friend and I had some green and blue-specked pills some years ago before I knew heroin addiction, so we performed an experiment and removed most of the little balls from the white powder and snorted them up. Seemed to get me high as I didn't have a tolerance back then. Now I didn't know what the fuck those specks were but sure as I was that it was the hydro I tried it anyway and it seemed to work, unless I experienced some sort of placebo effect. It all seemed to make sense as far as the speckle-white stuff ratio went (5 or 7.5 to 500.)

From what I understand the specks, other than being a brand identifier (I think its cool), are just specks of sugar...

I cant recall my source right now, but I remember it was pretty solid. I looked deeply into this a loooong time ago, cause I am partial to the speckled 7.5's.

peace

Bartholomew
12-17-2011, 09:57 PM
I thought the specks were the good stuff? I CWE'd a bunch with the orange specks and the resulting liquid was definitely a shade of orange.

Matt
12-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info, I think we ended up snorting the powder as well so I'm sure that's why I felt something. The specks are neat, though. Especially the greens!

To Each His Gnome
12-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I have no Idea if there's any truth to this, but I've always heard that the speckled Hydros were a "quick release" formulation. Someone gave me a big ol' handful of the red speckled 5/500 hydros the other day, and I had the same exact results, with the CWE juice having that orange color.

P.S. It is still FAR beyond my understanding why in the flying fuck anyone would ever snort Hydros. I suppose if you honestly like your nasal cavities clogged up with fillers and APAP, then go for it; but really- WTF? To me, that's on par with trying to bang Hydros- SAVE YOUR VEINS AND NASAL CAVITIES FOR REAL DRUGS PEOPLE!

Richard_Cranium
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I have no Idea if there's any truth to this, but I've always heard that the speckled Hydros were a "quick release" formulation. Someone gave me a big ol' handful of the red speckled 5/500 hydros the other day, and I had the same exact results, with the CWE juice having that orange color.

Definitely not a "quick release" formulation.
You can choose them as opposed to any other type for your respective mg script.
If it were quick release I think it would be classified differently (name/formulation-wise) so you couldnt say "I'd like the speckled ones instead of the white watsons, etc."

And I've had lots of those along with about all the other types, they dont kick in any quicker.

And the CWE water color change, in respect to the specks, I would venture to say that supports the "sugar specks" theory. When you drop a few sugary particles of kool-aid in water, the whole mass of water tints in color.

Peace

Matt
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
I have no Idea if there's any truth to this, but I've always heard that the speckled Hydros were a "quick release" formulation.

P.S. It is still FAR beyond my understanding why in the flying fuck anyone would ever snort Hydros. I suppose if you honestly like your nasal cavities clogged up with fillers and APAP, then go for it; but really- WTF? To me, that's on par with trying to bang Hydros- SAVE YOUR VEINS AND NASAL CAVITIES FOR REAL DRUGS PEOPLE!

So if you're correct about the specks, then it makes something that's already ready released even quicker? Interesting.

I was snorting Percs and Tabs before I ever heard the word bioavailability, so what did I know/care, having engaged in unnecessary drug use was a stupid move in itself. Today it's not worth the time and clogged nose to snort those. "Forgive them, for the know not what they do"

To Each His Gnome
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah, as I said, it was just something I've heard. I also have never noticed any difference in the come-on time between the speckled ones and the others. Either way- they're all just Hydros anyways; and they're better just being eaten or CWE'd IMO/IME.

Richard_Cranium
12-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Either way- they're all just Hydros anyways; and they're better just being eaten or CWE'd IMO/IME.

Amen. Best to just eat them....and unless your gonna take a huge dose(IMO- 10+ pills in a single use) a CWE isnt even worth bothering with.

Matt
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
A CWE seems like it's hardly worth bothering with, period. (That's just the addiction speaking.)

Larkin
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I knew a kid and his aunt who used to sniff percs. Entire pill in one shot, then blow out a HUGE cloud of dust. Im sure thats GREAT for the lungs.

oh and... The aunt had her septum and part of her pallet removed for some reason. The nephew (my buddy) had gotten some kind of TERRIBLE flesh eating infection in his nasal cavity that had him in the hospital for like a week on drip antibiotics and dilaudid. After he got out he was on crazy antibiotics and almost 200mg of morphine a day, which he sold to me for DIRT cheap ($1/pill they varied from 30-80mg but always $1)

But they both claimed their complications had nothing to do with snorting GRAMS of apap on a daily basis... right

Oh and also....

how the hell did you seperate the specks?

To Each His Gnome
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
A CWE seems like it's hardly worth bothering with, period. (That's just the addiction speaking.)

IMO, you are correct, Sir. Unless you have a very large amount of pills or a liver condition which dictates removal of APAP, just eat the damn things...

Bartholomew
12-18-2011, 01:09 AM

Your liver hates you

Not saying you need to CWE every dose, but once u hit the 3-4k mark as far as APAP is concerned, it's time to start extracting.

Matt
12-18-2011, 01:09 AM
I got 'em out by patiently scraping out each ball from where they were bound to.

It's nice to find someone who doesn't realize they can exploit the sale with higher mg values in pills. I found some early-senior woman at Goodwill selling O.C.40's and she was nice enough to sell me a good handful for $10 a pill.

Bart - I'm pretty sure my liver hates me more for the extreme strain I put on it when I used to marinade it in booze haha! I never used APAP-having pills very often, the occasional APAP shouldn't have did any harm.

Tylercwxzy
01-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Unless the occasional use is 4-5 grams at once, but I agree the CWE is a waste of time if you take less than 60-100mg of hydro a day. My ex's grandmother use to get these, I also wondered about the specks. But I do believe the pills taste sweeter than regular tabs if my memory recalls right. I've abused the shit out of my liver taking up to 5 grams a day but maybe a week-2 weeks was the max of my binges and I'm still here. I'm sure my liver has some damage though, apap is some toxic shit especially if you drink caffeine like me, it inhibits the liver from clearing the toxic chemicals apap turns into.

TheTalkingAsshole
01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Acetaminophen is fucking disgusting.
End of story.

I'll CWE even 15-20mgs
especially if its 5/500 or 7.5/750
Maybe not for 2 norco 10s, but definitely for amy more.

methadoniac1972
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
ive now got the lyrics from a old song in my head ' flying with the great speckled bird" or some shit i think the flying burrito brothers did it but not sure...thanks....lortab is just old old school vikes back from the 60;s i think , way before my time even...started my opio career w/10/500's the blue football shaped ones thought i was in heaven........havent rerally been that happy since .... its beeen 14 years ...and the dragon has ceased to roar ...it was warm under his wings tho...for a while anyway..