PDA

View Full Version : New Opana Formulation (Official thread)

TH3 C0NMAN
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Since the new formulation of Opana ER is supposed to come out today (Really Really hope that it doesn't but it probably will) Let's make this the official thread to talk about how to possibly pass the new time release formula. And if anyone can post pictures if you get any of them..

Dr. McKay
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I am getting my script for the ER tabs today straight from Endo's PAP, so if they are coming out today I will probaly be the first person to get them. I sure hope not !
I will let you guys know when they show up what I get.

Dr. McKay
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
The aticle says they just got the patent today and that they will be doing the changeover during 2012 .
So I doubt they will come out until sometime in 2012, but you never know since they now have the green light.

Endo Announces FDA Approval of a New Formulation of Opana® ER Designed To Be Crush-Resistant CHADDS FORD, Pa., Dec. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Endo Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ENDP) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new formulation of Opana® ER designed to be crush-resistant.
"FDA's approval of this new formulation of Opana ER is an important milestone for both the Long Acting Opioid category as well as Endo's branded pharmaceutical portfolio," said Dr. Ivan Gergel, M.D., executive vice president, R&D and chief scientific officer, Endo Pharmaceuticals. "Patient safety is our top concern and addressing appropriate use of opioids is a responsibility that we take very seriously. We firmly believe this new formulation of Opana ER, coupled with our long-term commitment to awareness and education around appropriate use of opioids will benefit patients, physicians and payers."
Endo is committed to executing a seamless transition in 2012 from the original formulation to the new formulation, which utilizes the proprietary INTAC™ technology owned by Grunenthal, a partner in the development of the product. The new formulation will continue to be called Opana ER with the same dosage strengths, color and packaging and similar tablet size and shape. Also, the FDA approval signifies that there is no significant difference in the rate and extent of absorption of the therapeutic ingredient between this new formulation and the original formulation of Opana ER.
Endo also announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will issue patent number 8,075,872 on Dec. 13, 2011. The patent covers the new formulation of Opana® ER and is expected to provide protection until November 2023. This new patent will be listed in the FDA's Orange Book with respect to the new formulation of Opana ER.
Because Opana ER contains oxymorphone, a CII controlled substance, it remains a Schedule II opioid with all the attendant risks, specifically that the drug has a high potential for abuse. Use, misuse, or abuse of the drug may lead to physical dependence or addiction (addiction is sometimes referred to as "psychological dependence"). In addition, alteration of the tablet in any manner poses significant risks of overdose and death. It has not been established that this new formulation of Opana ER is less subject to misuse, abuse, diversion, overdose, or addiction. The Full Prescribing Information contains warnings about the potential for abuse, diversion, overdose and addiction, including a boxed warning (see below).
WARNING: POTENTIAL FOR ABUSE, IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PATIENT SELECTION AND LIMITATIONS OF USE.
See full Prescribing Information for complete boxed warning.

Opana® ER contains oxymorphone which is an opioid agonist and a Schedule II controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to other opioid analgesics.
Oxymorphone can be abused in a manner similar to other opioid agonists, legal or illicit. This should be considered when prescribing or dispensing Opana® ER in situations where the physician or pharmacist is concerned about an increased risk of misuse, abuse, or diversion.
Opana® ER is NOT intended for use as an as needed analgesic.
Opana® ER tablets are to be swallowed whole and are not to be broken, chewed, dissolved, or crushed as this leads to rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of oxymorphone.
Patients must not consume alcoholic beverages, prescription or non-prescription medications containing alcohol. Co-ingestion of alcohol with Opana® ER may result in a potentially fatal overdose of oxymorphone.

thedudeabides
12-14-2011, 04:59 AM
I just read what I believe is said patent documentation and it ain't pretty:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=2&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&p=1&p=1&S1=oxymorphone&OS=oxymorphone&RS=oxymorphone

They are talking about using polymers, these can be defeated by grinding because as is commonly known, anything that is hard can usally be scratched easily...

But the part that sux:

6. The dosage form according to claim 1, which additionally comprises at least one of the following components a)-f): (a) at least one substance which irritates the nasal passages and/or pharynx, (b) at least one viscosity-increasing agent, which, with the assistance of a necessary minimum quantity of an aqueous liquid, forms a gel with the extract obtained from the dosage form, (c) at least one antagonist for the active ingredient or active ingredients with abuse potential, (d) at least one emetic, (e) at least one dye as an aversive agent, and (f) at least one bitter substance.

7. The dosage form according to claim 6, wherein the component (a) irritant substance causes burning, itching, an urge to sneeze, increased formation of secretions or a combination of at least two of these stimuli.

8. The dosage form according to claim 6, wherein the component (a) irritant substance is based on one or more constituents of at least one hot substance drug.

9. The dosage form according to claim 8, wherein the hot substance drug is at least one drug selected from the group consisting of Allii sativi bulbus (garlic), Asari rhizoma cum herba (Asarum root and leaves), Calami rhizoma (calamus root), Capsici fructus (capsicum), Capsici fructus acer (cayenne pepper), Curcumae longae rhizoma (turmeric root), Curcumae xanthorrhizae rhizoma (Javanese turmeric root), Galangae rhizoma (galangal root), Myristicae semen (nutmeg), Piperis nigri fructus (pepper), Sinapis albae semen (white mustard seed), Sinapis nigri semen (black mustard seed), Zedoariae rhizoma (zedoary root) and Zingiberis rhizoma (ginger root).

So there putting shit in there to irritate your nose and or veins, an antagonist in case you do crush it, and an emetic to make you sick....

I am sure we will have a tough guineapig around here but it sure won't be me.....

Dr. McKay
12-14-2011, 06:05 AM
I just read what I believe is said patent documentation and it ain't pretty:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=2&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&p=1&p=1&S1=oxymorphone&OS=oxymorphone&RS=oxymorphone

They are talking about using polymers, these can be defeated by grinding because as is commonly known, anything that is hard can usally be scratched easily...

But the part that sux:

6. The dosage form according to claim 1, which additionally comprises at least one of the following components a)-f): (a) at least one substance which irritates the nasal passages and/or pharynx, (b) at least one viscosity-increasing agent, which, with the assistance of a necessary minimum quantity of an aqueous liquid, forms a gel with the extract obtained from the dosage form, (c) at least one antagonist for the active ingredient or active ingredients with abuse potential, (d) at least one emetic, (e) at least one dye as an aversive agent, and (f) at least one bitter substance.

7. The dosage form according to claim 6, wherein the component (a) irritant substance causes burning, itching, an urge to sneeze, increased formation of secretions or a combination of at least two of these stimuli.

8. The dosage form according to claim 6, wherein the component (a) irritant substance is based on one or more constituents of at least one hot substance drug.

9. The dosage form according to claim 8, wherein the hot substance drug is at least one drug selected from the group consisting of Allii sativi bulbus (garlic), Asari rhizoma cum herba (Asarum root and leaves), Calami rhizoma (calamus root), Capsici fructus (capsicum), Capsici fructus acer (cayenne pepper), Curcumae longae rhizoma (turmeric root), Curcumae xanthorrhizae rhizoma (Javanese turmeric root), Galangae rhizoma (galangal root), Myristicae semen (nutmeg), Piperis nigri fructus (pepper), Sinapis albae semen (white mustard seed), Sinapis nigri semen (black mustard seed), Zedoariae rhizoma (zedoary root) and Zingiberis rhizoma (ginger root).

So there putting shit in there to irritate your nose and or veins, an antagonist in case you do crush it, and an emetic to make you sick....

I am sure we will have a tough guineapig around here but it sure won't be me.....
The hot substance was cayene pepper which I read somewhere that caused this data that you have to get rejected by the FDA in January. That is why they had to make some changes to the drug and resubmit the application in June,. So this info is outdated since the drug in this form was rejected.

But I am sure parts of it are still correct.

I also went to the website from the company that makes this new type of pill for Endo and they say it is basicly a new pill that any drug company can just add their active ingredient to and have a new tamper resistant pill.

thedudeabides
12-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Dr k. The date on the patent was December 13 and there are multiple options for irritants that can be added. Just fucking evil

Dr. McKay
12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Dr k. The date on the patent was December 13 and there are multiple options for irritants that can be added. Just fucking evil
true. but everywhere i read including articles just posted in the past 2 days quotes Endo saying the change over to thee new formulation will occur during 2012.
Dec is still in 2011, so I imagine they will need a little time to get things totally set up , organized , and meds distributed.
So I seriously doubt they will show up this month.
I personally have a script for Opana that I will be getting tommorow, so I will post about how they came.

seven10kids
12-14-2011, 09:35 AM
let us know what the deal is asap Dr K.

Hoping that they stay the same obviously, but why would they say in June or July or whatever that the change was going to be the 13th? Does that mean that they rescheduled the date for it to change at some point? Odd to hear conflicting reports.

jill
12-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, McKay, I would be REALLY surprised if your Rx you receive soon is the new formula. I don't think it will be until early-mid 2012 that it comes out, from my professional reading sources (journals, etc.).

Dr. McKay
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, McKay, I would be REALLY surprised if your Rx you receive soon is the new formula. I don't think it will be until early-mid 2012 that it comes out, from my professional reading sources (journals, etc.).

Mid 2012 sounds good to me.
I am just worried that they will not work as well as they do now.
I know when they changed they OC to the OPs a lot of people were complaining that they did not work as well as the OCs.
I am prety sure it is the same company that helped Purdue make the OP is also helping Endo make the new Opana ERs.
They say that they are supposed to work exactly the same as the original formula, but when they start changing everything that holds the pill together I just dont see how they could work exactly the same way as far as the time of the pills onset and then the half life etc.
The FDA says they perform the same way though.
Do you know if they ran clinical trials on the new Opana ERs ?
I would love to see the results from them if they did.
Also do you believe te stories that they are going to be adding things like garlic or niacin to the pills to prevent misuse ?
I think that may cause some prolems with some peple being alergic to those substances.

My thought on the whole matter is that Endos patent was about to ecpire and this is their way to extend the patent another 12 years.
From what I have read though it seems to only make the new formula patened for an extended time. I dont think they got an extention on the original patent though.
so that will still mean that the generic Opana ERs will still be coming out very soon.

What are your thoughts/input on these issues, Jill ?

Pharma
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Am i safe for now with my IR's?... If so how long?

Brand name

opana'd
12-14-2011, 01:16 PM
My rx that I filled and picked up today is the current formula. The pharmacy I used is high volume near a major medical school and multiple hospital campuses. I asked the pharmacist who indicated the change would be some time in 2012 but nothing specific yet.

seven10kids
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
great news

J.Dot
12-14-2011, 02:34 PM
At least there's a few more months of fun ahead then.

jill
12-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Whenever it is, it will be a 'last minute' type thing as with the OC/OP's.

J.Dot
12-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Yeah Jill, and I have a feeling it's going to result in a lot of pissed off people who try to go and grab, when they're unaware of the change, and end up spending however much money on a pill they can't even snort, let alone IV. Kind of the same way hella people got bent out of shape when the OP's came out.

I don't know why, but I'm definitely intrigued by what's going to happen. I mean, what else is left for us? Lol.

Edit for memory loss!: I'm still very interested in seeing what happens when Dr.McKay's order comes in. I had completely forgotten about it, until scrolling back through the thread so I could get to the top.

Dr. McKay
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I am getting it tommorow(Friday ) It was just filled on thursday which was a few days after the PUFDA date. So being that it comes straight from ENDO I will probally be the first to get them unless someone else on the same program I am on gets their orders before I do.
My bet is I will get the original formula. I will post tommorow for sure and tell you what I get.

taytoechip
12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
looking at the line of opana on my desk right now brings a tear to my eye..
sighhh

Dr. McKay
12-15-2011, 11:10 PM
looking at the line of opana on my desk right now brings a tear to my eye..
sighhh
I might have to try snorting these Er's just to see why everyone says it is so much better this way...
I have friends thsat do it, but I have been good and stick to taking it orally.
I dont want to get a huge tolly and then have to switch back to orally taking them.

seven10kids
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
why do you care if they change if you take them orally?

people crush and sniff because oxymorphone is a lot more bioavailable when tooted. I have seen friends that always eat them sniff, and its like they are going to OD or something. One was about ready to call an am-ba-lamps. He takes 6 40mg a day orally!! but 1/3-1/4 almost felt like it ODed him he said!!

SUBoxZERO
12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
just backing up what all the other said. Still the same old Opana............................for now anyways.

Dr. McKay
12-16-2011, 12:13 PM
let us know what the deal is asap Dr K.

Hoping that they stay the same obviously, but why would they say in June or July or whatever that the change was going to be the 13th? Does that mean that they rescheduled the date for it to change at some point? Odd to hear conflicting reports.

Alright here is the news on my script.
I just got it today (Friday December,16 2011) since I get it direct from Endo I should probaly get them as soon as they do actually start putting the new ones out.

Well I have good news to report.... I got the original formula ER 40s and the 10mg IRs are of course the same as usual.3

So that's the scoop.
Hopefully next month will be the same again.
I am definatly going to try my best to do as little of the 40s as possible and just take the IRs only If I can take the pain, this way I will have a nice supply of the 40s once the new TRF tabs come out.

Pharma
12-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Any word on them changing the godly IR formula?

Dr. McKay
12-16-2011, 07:25 PM
No they have no plans as of now as far as O know. there has been absolutly no talk about changing the IR tabs .
Probally becuase they are only 5 and 10 mg.
The Ers go up to 40 mg , so that is why they redsiagned them , plus they mostly did it to extend a patent on Opana Er, but only with the new formula.
The old formula patent runs out next year.
That is why the generics will be out very soon for the Er tabs, and they will be the "OLD FORMULA" I am sure a lot of people are happy to hear that.
The generic companies can not copy the new formula until 2023!

oxymorphojuanadone
12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
they will never reformulate IR medicines because they are supposed to be instant release, whereas ER medications can be re-worked to be crush resistant as long as they still release over an extended period of time. that's why they reformulate ER medicines, and not IR, it has nothing to do with it only going up to 10 mgs.

glad to hear we still have a little window of fun ahead of us, i had all my friends sketched out that the other day was the end of the original opana ERs. one of them called me the day i originally thought it was supposed to happen (the 13th) and was like, "dude, do you know if they replaced the old opanas with the new ones yet?!"

Dr. McKay
12-19-2011, 05:17 AM
they will never reformulate IR medicines because they are supposed to be instant release, whereas ER medications can be re-worked to be crush resistant as long as they still release over an extended period of time. that's why they reformulate ER medicines, and not IR, it has nothing to do with it only going up to 10 mgs.

glad to hear we still have a little window of fun ahead of us, i had all my friends sketched out that the other day was the end of the original opana ERs. one of them called me the day i originally thought it was supposed to happen (the 13th) and was like, "dude, do you know if they replaced the old opanas with the new ones yet?!"

There is a brand name roxi type of drug that was just approved that will gel up and also I am pretty sure has an irritant in it. I read it on some drug news website that reported how it just got appoval by the FDA. So yes they can reformulate IR pills now too.
That sucks. I hope they dont move to changing all the IR pills next!

Oxymorph
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I had a friend get a 40 today, and his connect told him that it was the new formula. It looked the same ( yellow octagon with "40" ), had the same powdery consistency, and had no difference in effect (snorted) compared to the old.

However he said that it "seemed" like it was a little harder to chop through with a razor. These people are pretty uneducated so I don't know what to believe. Does anyone know if the reformulation is required to look different, or have a different imprint to distinguish it from the old?

AndiPandi
12-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I had a friend get a 40 today, and his connect told him that it was the new formula. It looked the same ( yellow octagon with "40" ), had the same powdery consistency, and had no difference in effect (snorted) compared to the old.

However he said that it "seemed" like it was a little harder to chop through with a razor. These people are pretty uneducated so I don't know what to believe. Does anyone know if the reformulation is required to look different, or have a different imprint to distinguish it from the old?

Nope, they should be about the same color, shape, size and strength. The imprint I'm not sure. To be honest, I'm not convinced it's the new one. It seems a little earlier to what's been rumored. But stranger things have happened.

iriewon
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
id put my $ on it being the old/current ones. i havent heard of or seen any of the new ones yet nor have my scripts been of any new ones...same ol same ol...thank the freakin opiate gods! not looking forward to that change at all!

jill
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
It's the old one. The new ones are still not out.

pokergooch
01-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard about the pill manufacturing problems that they are having? I just read on Endo's web site that there will be a shortage of Opana ER due to the issues that they are having in their usa plant. Can you imagine accidentally getting opana ER's when you are buying excedrin? yea, that will get rid of the head aches...

I wonder if they will use this time to change the formula or will it buy us more time?

Sikbik
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
just picked up my script of opana er 40mg, thank goodness its still the good ol' crushables. Hopefully next month, ill still get the same. If they do change it, what would be a good med to switch to? Im already on fentanyl 50mc/h patches along with the opana er 40mg. I was kinda thinking MsContin, just because ive been doing opana for sooo long, and im worried about getting that lung disease from those plastic shards(forget the name) that make up 2% of an opana pill. If it gets changed soon, i really want a pain pill i can swallow with good results, opana is kinda useless to swallow.

seven10kids
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I think only thing you are going to want to switch to would be either opana IR if you insurance covers it or oxycodone 30s. You just have to have your doctor realize the cross tolerance and give you a good amount. Some people have trouble getting their doctor to switch them from 240 opana 40s to 600+ oxy 30s I would imagine. . .

Sikbik
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
yeah, i suppose that is true, does ur opana script say 8 opana 40's twice a day? or does it say take as needed? but damn, thats a lot for 1 single doc to prescribe. I suppose i don't have to worry about that lung disease from the 2% plastic in the opana ER pills i guess considering there are people who take 16 pills a day?! im only on 2 a day. The switch to uncrushables is gonna wreck, unless u have a lot of those stashed away.

edit: oh misread ur post, thought it was you that was getting 240 40's a month, was just curious on how that works from 1 doc

Dr. McKay
01-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Today I recieved monthly Opana order straight from Endo, and I recieved both my 20's and 40's . Both were old formula tablets.

So still no "TRF" tabs in sight.

I am definatly not looking forward to getting them after hearing from so many people here that the oxys are not as strong since they changed theirs to the new "OP " formula.

I read that Endo had to prove to the FDA that the new formula had the same BA as the original formula, so maybe they will be just fine except they wont be able to be crushed so " easily" .

Sikbik
01-25-2012, 05:25 AM
I read that Endo had to prove to the FDA that the new formula had the same BA as the original formula, so maybe they will be just fine except they wont be able to be crushed so " easily" .
well, didnt the oxy new form fail on the BA test, but still get approval? from what i read, oral strength is nowhere near what it used to be before the whole oxy reformulation.

borohydride
01-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I posted the patent. It's a matrix which will gel in water but cleanly dissolve in alcohols. Don't use 91% IPA as that 9% water still causes some gelling. pure IPA is on the web. Crush pills, reflux in IPA and cool (place in freezer & get as cold as possible). Filter out solids & evaporate off alcohol - now you have something useful.

seven10kids
01-25-2012, 12:44 PM
yeah, i suppose that is true, does ur opana script say 8 opana 40's twice a day? or does it say take as needed? but damn, thats a lot for 1 single doc to prescribe. I suppose i don't have to worry about that lung disease from the 2% plastic in the opana ER pills i guess considering there are people who take 16 pills a day?! im only on 2 a day. The switch to uncrushables is gonna wreck, unless u have a lot of those stashed away.

edit: oh misread ur post, thought it was you that was getting 240 40's a month, was just curious on how that works from 1 doc

Yeah, I dont get that. I wish!! Wouldnt doubt if some people did get that amount.

J.Dot
01-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Hopefully something keeps fucking up, and they have to continuously keep pushing the release dates back.

& Boro's back, what's good man?

duck
01-26-2012, 07:34 AM
I bet ya anything that the new Opana formulation will be similar to the new OP formula. I wonder what the fuck my old dealers are gonna do now, when they changed the OC formulation they got their scripts changed to Opana so they could still sell them. They are going to be proper fucked.

mainline
01-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I bet ya anything that the new Opana formulation will be similar to the new OP formula. I wonder what the fuck my old dealers are gonna do now, when they changed the OC formulation they got their scripts changed to Opana so they could still sell them. They are going to be proper fucked.

back to duragesic or mdone for everyone! or a microwave.

oxymorphojuanadone
01-26-2012, 01:39 PM
yeah, when opana does the change over, my plan is to just use my subs to stay well until i can find a good fent hook-up. because i hate roxis and all over opiates will not be anything compared to the amount of oxymorphone i've been using for the past year and a half since the OC switch; and the IR opanas are just complete garbage (at least to me).

seven10kids
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
im not that stubborn. I would guess go to all roxis like I said wouldnt be THAT bad, would it?

I dont like anything that makes me too sleepy, as I already naturally am like that. Some stuff just puts me out too quick and its not like its really strong or anything, just sleepy. Everyone is different I guess.

maycausedrowsiness
01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
filled my 40s today and they still the original formula. I think we still have a few more months to enjoy

Dr. McKay
01-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I am very concerned that this soon to be shortage of Opana is going to effect the change over somehow. It is either going to put it off or it is going to speed it up.
I think it may have a lot to do with if the new Opana Er is going to be made at the same factory that the curent Opanas are made at.
From what I have read there is only one plant that makes Opana, and it is now been closed by the FDA. so the only Opana Er and regular Opana that has been made and stocked is the only Opana that will be availible until the plant reopens, and who knows when that may be.
I read that they have moved production of a few of their pain meds to another facility , but not Opana.

So what the hell is going to happen if they do start to get a shortage ?

I know that at first Endo said there will be no supply problems, now they are saying there will especially with certain (unnamed ) strengths.

I know that Endo has sent letters to doctors telling them not to start anyone new on Opana until they fix this problem, but they are going to eventually run out of Opana if they dont get a factory making them soon.
I am also wondering if they have a bunch of these new formula Opana Ers already made and are just waiting to roll them out when the time is right.

Endo has said that they are going to pull the old Opana Er off the shelf when the new "TRF" tabs come out, but if they are having a severe shortage at the time , they may just use that as an excuse to just roll them out and maybe keep existing stock on the shelf thereby saving them millions and million of dollars.

This could end up either delaying the "TRF" tabs coming out, or it may force them to unveil them a lot sooner !

I guess time will tell.

crackerman
02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Still the same original formulation/tablects as of today. Very nice...
Has anyone tried the generic 7.5 or 15mg tablets from Actavis? Curious to receive any feedback about these, as my doc has offered to substitute next month.

justdavid
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I think only thing you are going to want to switch to would be either opana IR if you insurance covers it or oxycodone 30s. You just have to have your doctor realize the cross tolerance and give you a good amount. Some people have trouble getting their doctor to switch them from 240 opana 40s to 600+ oxy 30s I would imagine. . .

I can't confirm this as nothing more then heresay but i have a buddy who says the max prescribed roxi 30s are 7aday. He's in md. But the 600roxi would be insane. Month long nod.

upstate_007
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I have never read anything saying that there is a legal maximum for any drug prescription. Suggested maximum doses maybe. But no legal mandate.

Frenchy0707
02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't know if this will help anyone, but..........I just got off the phone with my pharmacist, really cool young girl, who said that they have not experienced any shortages with Opana. She did say that if I am worried about the shortage to go to my doc early and drop off the rx for Opana and they will defer the rx in thier system and put the drugs aside for when I fill. So, I fill tomorrow meaning I have about a month to get back to my pain doc, but I am going to go next week just to make sure the shortage/new pills don't affect me next month.
Damn, I don't like peeps messin' with my drugs:(

seven10kids
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I can't confirm this as nothing more then heresay but i have a buddy who says the max prescribed roxi 30s are 7aday. He's in md. But the 600roxi would be insane. Month long nod.

Some states are stricter, some are more relaxed. I think some of the smaller states back east limit all CIIs to like 120 or 90 a month or something. Obviously people in FL are getting more than 7 roxis a day. figure 10 a day is 300 tablets.

Dr. McKay
02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I go to a pain clinic in Florida and from what I hear from other people is the max they will write for roxi is 180 a month, but they are also getting an Er med to go ith it, like Opana or oxycontin.

Dr. McKay
02-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Well another month went by, and got my meds today.
Still got the original recipie Er tabs , both the 40s and the 20s.
I wonder how long this is going to last ?
I am not sure if I told you guys this or not, but I get my meds straight from Endo through the PAP program, so I will probally be the first to get the new formula :(

Milkdud39
02-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I saw a new uncrushable opana 40 today. My friend got one. So they are now out there. I wouldn't imagine it would be to much longer before you start to get them. Sorry guys. At least you know to stock up now. That way you can turn around in a month and sell them for double. Just like the oxys ya know.

Sorry the run is just about over and it sucks. I was hoping to get another couple months without them. At least until my taxes get in so I could stock up. But thats still 6 weeks away. No I do not use electronic filing. I probably should but I like to get all my money in a check. Just easier for me.

I actually just called my friend that had them and he said the person got half the old ones and half the new ones. I will try and get a picture up as soon as he sends me one.

The new delivery system is referred to as TIMERx®-N instead of TIMERx

taytoechip
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
nooo milkdud nooooooo

new markings like the op or what?

Sikbik
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
omg, thats terrible terrible news, i got my refill today, and literally got the very very last of the opana 40s my pharm had(thank goodness). I heard its terrible out there atm, soooo many people are calling around pharm to pharm because everywhere is out of stock. I was lucky and just went to my normal pharm. I got the good ol' crushables, but on monday, my pharm is getting the terribad.
I feel bad for the guy that came in a few mins after me, that got turned down because they were out of opana after i got mine

i guess im gonna double up on wearing my fent patches(i have like 6 months worth saved up), so i hardly have to take any opana, just so i can stretch these out for as long as i can.

jill
02-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I am not sure how this relates to the pill your friend got, but the TIMERx®-N delivery system has been around since 2007 in Opana ER. It's the gelling mechanism.

edit: I am not quite sure this is the "new" formula. The original plan for Endo was to pull all of the old formulas and replace with the new ones, at an unknown time this year.

We still have stock of many ER strengths and have received no notice (as of close Friday) to pull and replace our product. I'm confused by all this at this point.

Dr. McKay
02-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I call bullshit !

My script was filled thursday straight from Endo and I got the original ones.
I am pretty sure people on the Opana PAP will get the new ones first.

hella
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I want to stockpile opanas before the switch. But my bros connects phone is off :/

And as far as max dose on roxies an old acquaintance of mine was prescribed 17 30s per day toward the end of relationship he was getting more then that too. And there was one other guy who went to that same Dr that was getting more but idk exactly how much

Dr. McKay
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I want to stockpile opanas before the switch. But my bros connects phone is off :/

And as far as max dose on roxies an old acquaintance of mine was prescribed 17 30s per day toward the end of relationship he was getting more then that too. And there was one other guy who went to that same Dr that was getting more but idk exactly how much

I hope you have a lot of cash, becuase Opanas are not cheap !

--- auto merge ---

Hey talking asshole ...check your email!

Oxymorph
02-11-2012, 12:23 AM
I hope you have a lot of cash, becuase Opanas are not cheap ![COLOR=blue]

Cheaper than roxis, in terms of bang per buck. Getting an Opana 40 is like getting 120mg oxy for just 50 bucks. Only, to boot, it lasts twice as long and feels twice as good.

jill
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I call bullshit !

For now, this is the case.

I called friends around the US and none of them have received any notification or notices to pull product (and replace with TRFs) as of today.

Dr. McKay
02-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I just found this on the Opana website. It has new info regarding the new Er tablets . They have an "E" on one side and then the strength on the other.
The website also had a listing of the substances used to make the tabs, but for some reason I cant find it when reading through it! Maybe when I am less tired I will be able to find it again !

The 40 mg dosage form is a light yellow to pale yellow, round, film-coated, biconvex extended-release tablet debossed with an “E” on one side and a “40” on the other side.

Dr. McKay
02-12-2012, 03:38 AM
So I guess they will no longer look like stop signs anymore, just a round tablet with an E on 1 side and a 40 on the other.

At least now I know what they will look like the dreaded day I get them.

oxymorphojuanadone
02-12-2012, 08:53 AM
i will openly sob the day my girl says she has the new version... literally sob.

jill
02-12-2012, 12:58 PM
So I guess they will no longer look like stop signs anymore, just a round tablet with an E on 1 side and a 40 on the other.

At least now I know what they will look like the dreaded day I get them.

When you get your new Rx from Endo, it should have a letter of some type included explaining the change.

For those that get them filled at a pharmacy, the pharmacist should have pamphlets or information sheets to give you about the change in medication, mainly just that it looks different.

The Whistler
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Picked up my refill of Opana at the local pharmacy that caters to chronic pain patients on Monday. (Read: 50%+ of their patients are CPers and they are never out of stock.) Two facts people might be interested in:

1 - They were sent a letter to check all their stock to make sure the labeled medication was in (and the only thing) in the bottles.

2 - They are now out of Opana without any information on when they will be able to get more.

From what she (the druggist) said it seems like the shortage is related more to the factory errors than switching to a new formulation. Going to be an interesting few months...

oxymorphojuanadone
02-17-2012, 05:55 PM
it's interesting how certain parts of the country are experiencing the shortage, while others aren't at all. all the pharmacies in my little town in new york aren't having any problems with an opana shortage, as they're still readily available at all pharmacies here that carry them; my girl just picked up her script of 40s and 20s yesterday and they were the original formula AND there was no problem filling them. she asked the pharmacist if there's a shortage problem and he told her they had just gotten a shipment not so long ago and that all mgs were in stock (this is at a walgreens). and i heard a similar thing from another one of my sources who picked up their script at target and the pharmacist there told them they had also just gotten a shipment and that they were having no problem filling any of the mgs at this time.

upstate_007
02-17-2012, 07:00 PM
It has a lot to do with distribution centers. Not so much the size of the pharmacy. If one distribution center did not order more at the right time before he shortage started they are probably shit out of luck. And that shitty luck rolls downhill to the patients that cant find Opana in the area served by that center.

djstr0be
02-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Interesting read..Sadly, there saying the original formula should be completely depleated by the end of March :'(..But it does say that there finally being made again so hopefully we have enough time to stock up on the original before the day we've all feared comes.

Endo first said it was experiencing supply constraints for Opana ER in January, after its manufacturing partner Novartis closed down a production line at its facility in Lincoln, Nebraska, that had been affected by GMP compliance issues.

Specifically, Endo said that there were "rare instances of errors in the packaging of the tablets, potentially resulting in product mix-ups," affecting Opana ER, earlier formulation Opana and various other painkiller products.

Since then, manufacturing activities at the Lincoln plant have been resumed, allowing Endo to meet the remaining allocation for manufacturing the active ingredient awarded by the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).

Opana ER is a major growth product for Endo, with sales in the fourth quarter of 2011 advancing 46% thanks in part to the approval in December of a new crush-resistant formulation designed to make the product less liable for abuse. Overall, Endo reported pharmaceutical sales of $2.7 billion in 2011.

The new formulation also provides additional patent protection on the franchise until November 2023, which is important for Endo as the first generic competitors to the original Opana ER formulation started to appear last year.

Endo's chief financial officer Julie McHugh said that this new formulation would also help it ease some of the supply constraints, as the company is accelerating production of the crush-resistant version in partnership with Grunenthal and the latter's contract manufacturing organisation PMRS Inc.

Manufacturing of the new formulation is expected to be at commercial scale early in the second quarter of this year, said McHugh, adding that by the end of March, the company expects to have depleted all of the old formulation of Opana ER in the marketplace and only be shipping the new crush-resistant formulation.
http://www.inpharm.com/news/171541/endo-says-opana-er-supply-disruption-will-be-temporary

opandamonium
03-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Supplies for the most part just ran out this past weekend in NC. From what I heard there are smaller pharmacies that have minimal amounts. After calling around to a couple different cities, I talked to one guy in Raleigh that was able to get his script filled at the last pharmacy that had em. He was charging people something like 150 for a 40. I think this is the beginning of the end of the good ol' not crush proof formula. :'(

ShooLoo
03-03-2012, 06:13 AM
From what I gathered yesterday when talking to a couple of pharmacists while refilling a relative's script, it seems that most places are completely out of the old formulation (at least for the 40s, I assume the same is true for the other strengths) and that whenever they receive more product, they expect it to be the new formulation. The exact quote from one of the pharmacists that I talked to was, "They are reformulating that medication...we have been ordering it every week but haven't gotten any and we have no idea when we will receive it again." The script that I was picking up was expected to be ready later in the afternoon after their shipment was received from the warehouse, but once the shipment came, there was no Opana in it. I was able to find some left over at another branch near by that allowed me to refill the script, but the pharmacist who searched the system for me seemed to indicate that that was the only location with any supply in the area. If you combine that info with the press releases from Endo that others have posted and that seem to indicate that by the end of March, the mew formulation will be fully deployed, I'd say that it is unlikely that any pharmacies that are currently out will of stock will receive any of the old formulation.

I guess the possibility exists that there was already a manufacturing schedule for the old formulation that needs to be finished, due to the fact that the chemical makeup of the new and old formulation involve the use of different materials, but given all the info that has been posted lately, that seems unlikely.

TH3 C0NMAN
03-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Supplies for the most part just ran out this past weekend in NC. From what I heard there are smaller pharmacies that have minimal amounts. After calling around to a couple different cities, I talked to one guy in Raleigh that was able to get his script filled at the last pharmacy that had em. He was charging people something like 150 for a 40. I think this is the beginning of the end of the good ol' not crush proof formula. :'(

Im alson in NC luckily my friend was able to get 3 20s last night and from what i understamd thats basically the last of em around 45 a pop not tooo bad consideing therea none left n they usually run 35

duck
03-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Im surprised they are changing the appearance of the pill so much....at least it'll make it easier to distinguish when buying the pills in low light. Plus one on sobbing when they change over.....it'll be like with the OPs, and how big those are now and so much uglier than the OG.

Dr. McKay
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM
My bet is that the stronger pills ( like the 40s ) will be the last ones to get changed to the TRF formula.

Endo has already stated that the 10s will be changed first.

It even says on the FDA website that the 10s already have been reformulated and also have a new NDC number.

The 10s were the only strength that indicated that they will be the new TRf formula when they start to ship the pills out again.

I am just very happy thee the plain old pink 10s will be left alone and not changed.

crackerman
03-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Mid-west update -

Here are the numbers for ENDO customer service (800-462-3636 & 877-498-3869). They can help you locate a pharmacy that has a stock of the various strengths of Opana in your area using your zipcode.

Got a refill today, and all of my area big name chain pharmacies were completely out of stock on all strengths of the Opana brand name tablets. My pharmacist indicated that they have been out since approximately mid-February and had all strengths on back-order, but he had no idea when they would receive their next shipment. He did have some 15mg ER Actavis brand, so I had the choice of accepting them or waiting until they receive their back-ordered shipment. He couldn't give a date as to when they were expecting the next shipment, so I went with the generics.

Sucks to be me, as I am prescribed 20mg three times per day for a total of 60mg/day. Instead of rearranging the dosing schedule as 15mg four times per day to total the 60mg/day, I got shafted when my doc rewrote my prescription as 15mg three times daily for a total of 45mg per day. I am happy to not have the TRF formula to deal with. The Actavis are easily dealt with using the old hoseclamp technique, but the taste is similar to what I imagine a mildewed carpet to taste like. I'm hoping for better luck next month.

blinky89
03-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Mid-west update -

Here are the numbers for ENDO customer service (800-462-3636 & 877-498-3869). They can help you locate a pharmacy that has a stock of the various strengths of Opana in your area using your zipcode.

Got a refill today, and all of my area big name chain pharmacies were completely out of stock on all strengths of the Opana brand name tablets. My pharmacist indicated that they have been out since approximately mid-February and had all strengths on back-order, but he had no idea when they would receive their next shipment. He did have some 15mg ER Actavis brand, so I had the choice of accepting them or waiting until they receive their back-ordered shipment. He couldn't give a date as to when they were expecting the next shipment, so I went with the generics.

Sucks to be me, as I am prescribed 20mg three times per day for a total of 60mg/day. Instead of rearranging the dosing schedule as 15mg four times per day to total the 60mg/day, I got shafted when my doc rewrote my prescription as 15mg three times daily for a total of 45mg per day. I am happy to not have the TRF formula to deal with. The Actavis are easily dealt with using the old hoseclamp technique, but the taste is similar to what I imagine a mildewed carpet to taste like. I'm hoping for better luck next month.

in north alabama, i know someone that filled last thursday the ER 40's no prob....which really suprised me after reading everything on here. and they are also the original formula.....from what i hear, those things are probably worth their weight it gold right now

taytoechip
03-05-2012, 09:49 AM
in louisville ky and around here ive been told up to 120 for a 40.
soo glad i was able to come off of them when i did but still, would love to have one :p could never pay that though

austinslacker
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Got my script for 60 20s and 60 40s alls still old formulation

Dr. McKay
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
From what Endo told me on the phone is they are going to change to the TRf formula on the lower dose pills first, then move up and do the 40s last.
Which is a good thing of course..
But I also did read that
Endo plans on being out of all stock of the original formula by the end of this month and will be completely changed over to all TRF on the ER pills by April.

NY Hippie
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Even when the uncrushables have replaced all the originals, won't we still be able to have them sit (whole) in a bit of water and wait 12-24 hours for the drug to be extracted?

BlueDevil863 is fine
03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
From what I've read the TRF can use the ISO/alc extraction for IV just the same, which i why Im glad to be on10mg IR and 30mg roxis

Dr. McKay
03-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Even when the uncrushables have replaced all the originals, won't we still be able to have them sit (whole) in a bit of water and wait 12-24 hours for the drug to be extracted?

I heard from someone that got the ER 10 that are TRF that they just seem to soak up any water you drop them into....But he may not have been using eneough water ?????

I will find out soon eneough.

I just cant imagine that none of the drug would seep out into the water after siting for hours..

NY Hippie
03-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I heard from someone that got the ER 10 that are TRF that they just seem to soak up any water you drop them into....But he may not have been using eneough water ?????

I will find out soon eneough.

I just cant imagine that none of the drug would seep out into the water after siting for hours..

Well that sucks, if you have to use a lot of water then for me that would equal multiple shots (as I only have access to 1cc rigs) which would mean very weak rushes. With the current ERs I only use enough water to just cover the pill and that seems to still extract all/most of the OxyM.

digby
03-15-2012, 11:52 PM
What I hate about all this is that the new formulated ERs will now screw up the IRs, much of what has already happened with Oxy. The IRs will be in such demand that there will be shortages, insurance companies will limit the number of pills they will pay for, doctors will back off on the number of IRs that they prescribe and finally Endo will change the IR formula to something totally noxious and ineffective. But then no one wants to stand in the way of progress, particularly if it is an out of control freight train bearing down on an uninformed public that doesn't even know a train is coming.

Dr. McKay
03-16-2012, 01:02 AM
What I hate about all this is that the new formulated ERs will now screw up the IRs, much of what has already happened with Oxy. The IRs will be in such demand that there will be shortages, insurance companies will limit the number of pills they will pay for, doctors will back off on the number of IRs that they prescribe and finally Endo will change the IR formula to something totally noxious and ineffective. But then no one wants to stand in the way of progress, particularly if it is an out of control freight train bearing down on an uninformed public that doesn't even know a train is coming.

Well lets just pray that never happens..

I really dont see them getting as popular as oxy. For some reasons a lot of docs are in the dark about Opana or they just dont perscribe it.
Sales of Opana are no way as high as oxy ever has been.

Plus a lot of docs will perscribe the ER pills but not the IR pills.

Kapable
03-16-2012, 11:23 PM
I have a couple comments and questions:
1. For those of you talking about the spiking the new TRF Opana's in realtion to how you were able to spike the new OP's, are you aware of some of the NEW additives the new TRF's are supposed to have? I thought the TRF's were supposed to have things like capsaicin and other irritantsto prevent spike/snort/crush chew? I also thought they were supposed to have naloxone if crushed but the irritant parts were supposed to be released irregardless of crushing (in the stomach) when disolved. The irritants were reportedly only supposed to cause issue if in the veins or respiratory tract. Am I misimformed? Jill?

2. In relation to the IR formulation both generic and Opana brand name, is anyone finding less shortage of these like I am and if so, what strength?

3. What will you plan on taking if the TRF's are not usable except orally(with the sucky 10% oral bioavailability) and why? As far as ER meds I can not find anything except the new OP's (oxycontin) because it has a high oral bioavailbility and it seems like once you go to OxyM, nothing else works... am I the only one that found Opana ruined all other meds for me? If I try anything else at a equiv. dose I go into WD's and esp that shitty dark depression...LOL-I guess that could be a 4th question!

Dr. McKay
03-17-2012, 03:50 AM
All I can answer is #2 and yes there is a very bad shortage of the IR 10s also in the Tampa area, but I did find one pharmacy that did have 150 tabs (how much I get scripted) , but they wanted $740 cash only !!! It was some mom and pop pharm next to a hospital in Tampa, Florida.

I cant even find the generics anywhere, plus every place I ask if they can order generics tell me no the supplier is out of them...
WTF ???

How can there be no damn generics either ?

digby
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
It could be that the Nebraska plant that got shut down makes ALL the oxymorphone, both brand AND generic, including those little white IR pills. Makes sense, since they make all the other Opana IR, both generic and brand for Endo. You never really know who makes stuff these days. I know that Qualitest makes both the morphine and dexamphetamine for Endo. I know that Purdue contracts Phonenix to sell its branded mscontin generics with Purdue on the pill bottle as the manufacturer, but the actual pills are made by Watson. Big pharma is like a "Good Ol' Boys Club".

Dr. McKay
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
It could be that the Nebraska plant that got shut down makes ALL the oxymorphone, both brand AND generic, including those little white IR pills. Makes sense, since they make all the other Opana IR, both generic and brand for Endo. You never really know who makes stuff these days. I know that Qualitest makes both the morphine and dexamphetamine for Endo. I know that Purdue contracts Phonenix to sell its branded mscontin generics with Purdue on the pill bottle as the manufacturer, but the actual pills are made by Watson. Big pharma is like a "Good Ol' Boys Club".
I was told that the only company making the generics is of course Endo which is not producing them right now, and the other is Roxanne Labs. There was one other but they were dicontinued according to a pharmacist I talked to yesterday that was looking up the manufacturers of the generic oxymorphone.
But of course she said both companies have 0 in stock at the warehouse !

digby
03-18-2012, 01:26 AM
I checked the labels on the bottles for Endo and Roxane generic oxymorphone, as well as all listed connections and it appears that Roxane is making its own oxymorphone IR. Endo lists Novartis as the manufacturer but Roxane doesn't.

So what I don't understand is why Roxane generics aren't around anywhere. You would think they would jump to get their product available for this short window of opportunity.

Dr. McKay
03-18-2012, 02:06 AM
I checked the labels on the bottles for Endo and Roxane generic oxymorphone, as well as all listed connections and it appears that Roxane is making its own oxymorphone IR. Endo lists Novartis as the manufacturer but Roxane doesn't.

So what I don't understand is why Roxane generics aren't around anywhere. You would think they would jump to get their product available for this short window of opportunity.
I have been calling every pharmacy in town trying to get them and they all say they cant get them for some reason ! But I read that in some parts of the country you can get them easily !

Kapable
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry just getting back Dr.M, but I have been pretty sick even with med switches w/o Opana and Oxy M. To answer your question abt generics- Yes Opana brand Ir's and generic Oxy M (at least one of the two generics) are BOTH made in the Nebraska plant. One generic is on back order with no known date of beginning to fill again. The other generic has released a "late March" date on filling backorders(one very old back order being for me! crossing my fingers) Also I have been told the TRFs and any ER Opana will show at Walgreen's chains first as they have a contract for first fill due to the quantity of biz they do. So if one uses insurance and has some of the large insurances that WG's doesn't except your'e screwed! (Express Scripts being one Walgreen's dropped in Jan!) Hope this answers some questions...

digby
03-21-2012, 12:07 AM
I just filled my script yesterday for the old ER 40s - it was shipped from Endo and the pharmacy wasn't Walgreens. The ERs are shipping out now in all strengths with only the 10 mg ER being the new reformulated version. IRs are still nowhere in sight from either Endo or Roxane.

Dr. McKay
03-21-2012, 07:44 AM
I finally are going to get my opana script end of next week. I am praying they still will have the 40s in the old formula !
Also I wonder when in the heck they are going to get the Opana 10mg IR tabs back in stock ???

Princess Kitty
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Fuck I get my rx tomorrow. I can't imagine waiting another fucking week.

Dr. McKay
03-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Fuck I get my rx tomorrow. I can't imagine waiting another fucking week.
So I take it you got screwed by your doc too ?

How much Opana were you on and what did your doc perscribe you to get by ?

I was on 120 mg ER and 50 mg IR and only got 200 mg morphine +6 dilaudid 8mg per day.
The only thing that helped me was the dilaudid, the morphine did absolutely nothing for me.

Princess Kitty
03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
So I take it you got screwed by your doc too ?

How much Opana were you on and what did your doc perscribe you to get by ?

I was on 120 mg ER and 50 mg IR and only got 200 mg morphine +6 dilaudid 8mg per day.
The only thing that helped me was the dilaudid, the morphine did absolutely nothing for me.

Nope not on opana. Been on oxy and it's not nearly as effective. I have had a HUGE increase in my pain so I did the dumb thing. Take as much as I needed to get outta pain. I'm gonna ask for an increase tomorrow and pray I get it.

Dr. McKay
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Nope not on opana. Been on oxy and it's not nearly as effective. I have had a HUGE increase in my pain so I did the dumb thing. Take as much as I needed to get outta pain. I'm gonna ask for an increase tomorrow and pray I get it.

Oh, I thought since you were on the Opana thread that you were taking Opana. So do you get oxycontin or roxies ?
I am really worried that when I do end up getting the reformulated Opana that they may not work that well. So I may ask to get on oxycontin for my ER med.
The oral bioavialiblty of Opana is only 10% and I heard with oxy it is way higher.
I have heard stories that people that have gotten the new TRF Opanas say that you cant do a thing with them. There is no way to scape em, or smash em. They are supposed to be indestructable !
I made up my mind that when I get back on Opana that I am going to take em by mouth regardless of the formula that I get . I need my body to be ready for the new pills. I dont feel like getting sick from lack of medicine !

beseder
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Here in southern NV, every Walgreens I've called says they're still backordered on every strength of the ERs...last month I had to drive ~140 miles round trip to get my 40mg scrip filled because it was the only WGs that had enough of them, and there was someone else there doing the same thing. My usual WG hasn't had any trouble keeping the 10mg Roxane IRs in stock for me the last couple of months, but they haven't been able to get me the brand name since January.

My doc switched me to 100mcg duragesics, which are doing an average job of keeping my baseline pain in check. I'm definitely taking more of my BT meds than I normally would on my normal dose of 4 x 40mg ERs, but I'm grateful as hell that I got what I got...could've been worse (it can always be worse, though). I'm too scared of abusing the fent to do anything but wear the patches, so unlike my ER scrip, I don't have to worry about running out early :D

Dr. McKay
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
I have been hearing stories on other websites about the new Opanas and from what I hear they are like 100x worse than the new OP oxys !
They will not file down at all. they are basicly like a piece of hard wax that will not break up at all.
no way to use a pedi egg either. People say they have taken hammers to them and all they do is smoosh down into a pancake !
I am not looking forward to getting my script next week.
I may have to get on methadone or something similar since having to take these fuckers by mouth is going to suck.

Also the 10mg IR are on back order and are not being manufactured yet by Endo. It may be a couple of months before they come back.

Endo has really screwed us Opana users. Its like we are getting punished for needing that little extra pain releif on certain days.
Now they must be taken as directed until some genius figures out what to do with them !

I know I cant wait until Sept 1 when Watson comes out with their version of Opana Er !

I hope that endo looses there ass on these new Opana Ers ! First the whole shortage thing, and now finding out what they did to the ER's is just plain old mean !

There are going to be lots of sick people out there once they finally get their new Ers. The time has finally come the new TRF Ers are now being shipped and distributed as you read this. In 2 weeks they should be in every pharmacy !
I was told this on the phone today by Endo !

TH3 C0NMAN
03-24-2012, 07:33 AM
I had some irs the other day that i got from my boy

Dr. McKay
03-24-2012, 08:18 AM
I( wish I had a boy that could get me those pink 10mg IR's.
They are nowhere to be found these days at any pharmacy, even the generics. Plus if you can find the generic they are charging the same price as the brand name ones now.

Ridiculous.

seven10kids
03-24-2012, 01:38 PM
so the TRF is out or going to be out in a week? why would they start up production again and just make the old ones for a week or so and switch it? Everyone I have seen say they got them online has no pictures or proof. Not saying it didnt happen, just odd.

seven10kids
03-24-2012, 01:51 PM
did a little research, at least you can see what the new tabs will look like. round with an 'E' on them and the dosage on other side.

www.opana.com

oxymorphojuanadone
03-24-2012, 07:58 PM
the new 20s look blue in that picture, but they say they're a light green, so i wonder what color they actually are. and those just LOOK like they're going to suck.. i can't believe the end is pretty much here for any worthwhile opiate pills; OG oxys are gone annnd so are OG panas. what a sad, sad time in the world.

RoadHead
03-24-2012, 09:33 PM
the new 20s look blue in that picture, but they say they're a light green, so i wonder what color they actually are. and those just LOOK like they're going to suck.. i can't believe the end is pretty much here for any worthwhile opiate pills; OG oxys are gone annnd so are OG panas. what a sad, sad time in the world.

The color of the new TRF 20mg opana is kind of a washed out lime green color and are round now, not the stop sign. They are harder than a rock and I broke 2 brand new pill cutters trying to cut one in half. The OP's are like an eggshell compared to these new MF'rs. Put it in your mouth and it is like a piece of nasty plastic and it has a tendency to cause cramps in your lower stomach/bowels.

I put half an OP 80 and half of the new 20mg opana just to see how long it took to dissolve in my mouth. The OP was already gone before the opana even started to get soft enough to gel up. What a total letdown on what used to be a pretty decent pill. I can see a lot of people are going to be complaining to their doctors about how shitty the new pills are. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Time for some enterprising individuals to find the best way to defeat the TRF in this shit.

SUBoxZERO
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Damn these new opanas suck balls. Tried the OP80 method of breaking em down to an abusable state and no dice. I Cut my finger trying to pediegg it. Tried chewin it and did nothing but stick to my teeth. All in all a bad experience. Got the 30 mg TRF opanas for 5$ each and would have rather paid 10$ for 30mg roxis. Fuck you endo for changing opanas.

Dr. McKay
03-26-2012, 12:04 AM
And I cant wait to get the new 40s very soon...

Yeah Right !!!!

AndiPandi
03-26-2012, 03:13 AM
And I cant wait to get the new 40s very soon...

Yeah Right !!!!

My thoughts exactly. Im hoping to not see these just one last time.

The stomach/bowel issue has me a little worried, too. If I'm forced to take them by mouth then they better not fuck up my tummy.

digby
03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
"Turn out the lights......the party's over...."

After speaking with Endo, they are now shipping only the reformulated versions of all mg sizes of ER Opana. Opana IRs are no where in sight and no information from Endo on when they will once again be available.

Dr. McKay
03-26-2012, 11:14 AM
"Turn out the lights......the party's over...."

After speaking with Endo, they are now shipping only the reformulated versions of all mg sizes of ER Opana. Opana IRs are no where in sight and no information from Endo on when they will once again be available.

Its almost like Endo wants to punish us for abusing their medicine !

Whats with the no Opana IR tabs and no idea when they will be availible again ?

That sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me.

Kaplan
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
a)-f): (a) at least one substance which irritates the nasal passages and/or pharynx,
Now that's nasty. Design the pill to - not just be less efficient/inefficient or impossible to absorb in a certain way - but designed straight to hurt and damage people? Fully knowing that many anyway will try and possibly will keep using it that way anyway... man that's just plain disgusting and frankly I wonder how it can be legal. Well it's surely is immoral, dangerous and potentially criminal, plain and simple.

AndiPandi
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Who's got two thumbs up and a bottle full of the old formula opanas? This chick does! I'm pretty sure this will be my last fill with these babies. I usually fill between two pharmacies, one being walgreen's and their wonderful 24/7 service, but I avoided them like the plague today. So, my fellow junkies, there is hope for some of you. And if the Opana deities are looking down you too shall find such sweet bounty. Now let's get high and have fun!

The Whistler
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
What does everyone think about the efficacy of the new TRF, when taken as directed, vs the old ones?

nfshotrod
03-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I have'nt noticed a difference as far as pain relief goes. But I am having problems urinating and also have bad tinnitus. So the side effects seem to be worse with the new ones.

crackerman
04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I went to my PM appt this morning, and asked to be put back on the name brand vs the generic that was dispensed last month. Doc indicated that several other patients had been put on the generics during this month due to the shortages, and none were very happy with the effectiveness of the generics. He indicated that he was switching several folks to an equivalent dosage of morphine, and offered to do so for me. I had been receiving 15mg/day less due to the lack of a 20mg generic, and figured I would ask to go back to the name brand for a month to get the total daily dosage back to 60mg prior to asking to be switched back to MS-Contin or Oramorph next month. No problems with that request, got my script for 20mg TID, and went to get it filled. Pharmacy indicated that they had just enough to fill my script. I was completely ready to be disappointed with a refill of the new TRF formula, but to my overwhelming surprise and delight... I was blessed with a batch of old school green stopsigns in the bottle!! Its been a truly great morning!

Dr. McKay
04-04-2012, 10:18 AM
So today I finally got my Opana 40s. And to my behold I got 90 of the original 40mg Er tabs !!!!
I could not believe it since they did not come from a local pharmacy. I get mine mail order , so I thought for sure the would only have new ones by now, but luckily I was wrong.

now the big question is ....Should I just taker em by mouth as persribed or have a nice blissful month of Opana heaven from sniffing/IV ??
I am leaning to oral since next month I will be hurting big time if I end up not taking these as perscribed. I think I will try the high fat meal and then take the pill with a full stomach. The absorbtion rate is supposed to be a lot higher that way.

Princess Kitty
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
So today I finally got my Opana 40s. And to my behold I got 90 of the original 40mg Er tabs !!!!
I could not believe it since they did not come from a local pharmacy. I get mine mail order , so I thought for sure the would only have new ones by now, but luckily I was wrong.

now the big question is ....Should I just taker em by mouth as persribed or have a nice blissful month of Opana heaven from sniffing/IV ??
I am leaning to oral since next month I will be hurting big time if I end up not taking these as perscribed. I think I will try the high fat meal and then take the pill with a full stomach. The absorbtion rate is supposed to be a lot higher that way.

Take them by mouth. Because you know next month your probably not going to be that lucky. I would enjoy myself for a few days and then buckle down.

dizzle
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
So today I finally got my Opana 40s. And to my behold I got 90 of the original 40mg Er tabs !!!

I am leaning to oral since next month I will be hurting big time if I end up not taking these as perscribed.

Are you out of your mind??!?!??! SLAM THAT SHIT HOME- BOY!!! And as that beautiful glow takes hold and your eyes get pinned out, try to capture that moment, cuz it'll soon be coming to an end.......

seven10kids
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Id sniff them all. I woulnt have to ask. lol. This is your last chance. If anything (hoping you have somewhat of a moderation switch), party now and work your way down and the last week take LESS than Rxed by mouth. That will get you ready for the switch.

Its the 4th and Im still busting old 40s at least. Today is an ok day in history. work after a nod.

--- auto merge ---

oh, and no way a new 40 is going to equal an old 40 by mouth. That would be wishful thinking. All these gel pills and shit deff lower bio availability when taken as prescribed. Again, hurting people in pain and creating a bigger health epidemic for the people that are going to "abuse" the drug anyways and these new pills just create a less pure product.

What happened to the days when a pill contained the active ingredient and maybe a little corn starch or pill binder of sorts? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OpanaKing
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
^That's why I love roxy 30's. I would snort them all to. Your never going to have that kind again. It's like if you had 90 OG 80's, well oral BA is better with them, but you get what i'm saying.

lordtrey
04-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't take them at all. Save and trade for tons of goodies in a few months... Well I'd I has self control anyway.

blinky89
04-04-2012, 07:54 PM
i never did a single one of the originals orally.....strictly sniffed every single one of them i ever got my hands on. this is the first month my guy has got stuck with these new fuckers so of course all ive did is eat them. ive found that if you chew them for a minute of so and keep letting the spit and goo from the pill collect in ur mouth, it will eventually break down to pretty much something with the consistency of a really nasty, first loogie of the day that u snort up while you have a sinus infection....after getting it down to that and swallowing it, i must admit, even tho its nowhere near as strong as the old ones were, i still get a rather pleasant glow after doing 3 of them.

it only took one sniffed to put me into opiate bliss of the originals, but at least im getting SOMETHING out of these things. and since the formula changed, the price has been dropped by about 55% and they keep me well for a long ass time, so they are actually pretty efficient. dont expect to get completely fucked up like you did with the originals, but if you'll chew them up patiently until u get it down to that gooey shit and then swallow, a decent buzz will be achieved.

to give you a comparison, i would say this method of taking the new ones orally is about 1/3 the strength of sniffing the originals. so for example, 120mg chewed and swallowed should give you close to the same effect as 40mg of the originals sniffed.

but as with anything else, your results may vary....this is just simply what ive found out myself

bscott52789
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
so the new formulas are OFFICIALLY out?

oxymorphojuanadone
04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
apparently they've already reformulated... the reformulated opana ERs; they no longer are round and convex, but rather round and concave.

ORIGINAL REFORMULATION APPEARANCE:

http://i40.tinypic.com/9qh5yf.png

NEW RE-REFORMULATION APPERANCE:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1evojm.png

no idea what the point of doing this was, as some pharmacies already had the original reformulation in... so now what? they'll get those ones recalled to and these new, new ones will be sent to them? maybe they'll be more easily abusable, they don't look as "hardcore plastic that will fuck with you" like the original reformulation does.

thoughts?

beardly01
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
apparently they've already reformulated... the reformulated opana ERs; they no longer are round and convex, but rather round and concave.

ORIGINAL REFORMULATION APPEARANCE:

http://i40.tinypic.com/9qh5yf.png

NEW RE-REFORMULATION APPERANCE:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1evojm.png

no idea what the point of doing this was, as some pharmacies already had the original reformulation in... so now what? they'll get those ones recalled to and these new, new ones will be sent to them? maybe they'll be more easily abusable, they don't look as "hardcore plastic that will fuck with you" like the original reformulation does.

thoughts?

Okay, I've had the opportunity to have both the reformulation and the new reformulation(the convex and concave) and god damned, endo isn't fucking around, you can't crush these suckers, I even tried a 20ton press, it just flattened them out like putting a penny on railroad tracks, so what I do is suck on them for a few minutes, after they're "weakend", I chew a bit but not hard as to break my teeth or hurt my jaw, I suck on them and lick them, and I seem to get pretty good results. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in, and while its not as strong as snorting it or whatever. It does give a bit of a buzz and at the bare minimum, it will kill withdrawals. Luckily for me I get my MS contins the other day, and they are still easy to shoot, plug, whatever, maybe even smoke, I just don't, I plug them or, once in a huge while, i'll shot me ms contins.

Idy
04-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I had the opportunity to experiment with the new concave 40er and they shaved down perfectly with a pedegg/cheese grater and we had heard from a few other users that cooking them the Op80 worked so we decided to go for it....what the hell, right? So, we put them in the oven for a bit and finished cooking them in the microwave. Then we cooled and put in freezer until all the brown turned hard...cut up and tooted away. It wasn't as fast onset on the old ones. but it didn't take long before the glow overcame me and my mouth dried up and I couldn't stop talking. =) I thought that feeling was gone forever.

beardly01
04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Has anyone had the chance to mix with booze? we all know that increases B.A, and since we're all fucking furious about this new formulation, maybe even if it didn't increase BA enough, but it'd chill us out.

I'm interested in trying the pedegg method. That's for fucking sure. How long to you microwave them for? do I put them in any sort of protective container or will putting them on a paper towel suffice?

Idy
04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't use a paper towel...it might catch fire. Use a microwavable safe plate (it should say on the bottom of plate) and as far as time to microwave--it all depends. Just keep an eye on it---when it turns colors, you should be good.

beardly01
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Hey Idy, what color, just a tan brownish color? I got the pedegg here and am furiously shaving this fucker down, getting very excited.

--- auto merge ---

whatever, i tested the cooked and uncooked product, both provide the warmth, the cooked product though really sticks in your nose. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Princess Kitty
04-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Has anyone had the chance to mix with booze? we all know that increases B.A, and since we're all fucking furious about this new formulation, maybe even if it didn't increase BA enough, but it'd chill us out.

I'm interested in trying the pedegg method. That's for fucking sure. How long to you microwave them for? do I put them in any sort of protective container or will putting them on a paper towel suffice?

Please don't encourage people to drink while they are on opana. That is EXTREMELY reckless and dangerous. We've lost too many good people to stupid shit like this.

Shave that beotch down and sniff ir

Idy
04-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Hey Idy, what color, just a tan brownish color? I got the pedegg here and am furiously shaving this fucker down, getting very excited.

--- auto merge ---

whatever, i tested the cooked and uncooked product, both provide the warmth, the cooked product though really sticks in your nose. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I had read on another site that it worked just the same when NOT cooked....However, they weren't my pills and he said he already tried that and it didn't work, so he wanted to cook them. So, we did.
And, I agree that the cooked product leaves some brown oozy sticky shit running out your nose.

So, we don't even need to cook them?

Just file and toot away?

Dr. McKay
04-21-2012, 04:54 PM
I think they said sniff the IR type Opana. But too bad they have not made any since Feburary and they have no idea when they will start making them again.

I think it is a planned move..First take them all away. then bring back the Er /TRF type only..Then a lot of Opana users will stop using the drug, then maybe 6 months or so doen the road we may finally see them making the pink 10mg IR pills.

I have called Endo and asked what is taking so long on the IR pills, and no body could answer the question.

I think its just a bunch of bullshit becuase they know that most people will just try to get their docs to write for mostly the opana IR 10mg tabs by saying the new pills dont work as well.
This way (by not having the IR option) there is no choice but to take the TRF pills orally and no more sniffing or injecting Opana for quite a while .

In my opinion what is going to happen is there are going to be quite a few people that end up hurting themselves trying to either shoot or sniff these new pills that are like a piece of hard goo.

Idy
04-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Dr.McKay, have you gotten the new ones yet?

Beardly01 relayed that he snorted the uncooked grindings and it worked the same as cooking them up, which I had read somewhere (bluelight or topix) that this has worked for others as well. However, my guy said that didn't work (but he's not the exactly trust worthy).

I just don't want to go through the trouble of cooking them and the brown ooze if you get the same results from not cooking them...

Please let us know what results you have...I am dying to hear of your experience. =)

theSWPK
04-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I was able to get my hands on some of endo's pink IR's yesterday. I believe the shortage is over?

Frenchy0707
04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I refilled last weekend and got the OLD formula Opana 40's! So, have faith people, they are still out there....but I am sure they are running out quickly:(

Idy
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
What was the price on those? Crazy I'm sure...I came across a few, but they were $25ea.

Dr. McKay
04-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Shit! I just paid $100 a piece for old 40s today !

I am due to get drug tested and ran out of Opana , so I had to buy a few so they will be in my system.
Spending $300 on 3 pills is insane especially since I had 90 of them about 2 weeks ago !
I definatly lost control this month !

iriewon
04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
(o.O) $100 a pill?!?!?!?

soooo happy i started stock piling the fuck outa my 40s n 10irs months upon months ago
ima get a new house cuz of that move hahahaa that shit crazy tho 100 a pill damn
i got my script last week too no problem same ol same ol er40s n ir10s
have a strange feeling that thats gonna be the last time that happens tho

taytoechip
04-22-2012, 11:53 AM
In Louisville KY and Cincinnati people are selling old 40s for 125-140 :(

mainline
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Question.

I know a person who gets 20s and sells them to me for $9-$10. Well, today I purchased her last few. She has an Rx for the new month, but the Dr. Messed up and wrote Opana ER 60mg on it, so she has to take it back to be fixed.

Now, I told her she should tell him her co-pay is too pricey, and that she saw online that there is a generic version of the 15mg Opana ER. So She is gonna bring it up when she goes to pick up the fixed RX. How are the generics? Are they comparable to the originals? Sadly only up to 15mg, but I'd rather be getting 15's like the originals than "concave" 40's.

Opana ER is the only thing that goes up the nose with me, so I'd like to keep it that way especially since she sells them to me for so cheap. The 15's i'll get from her for $6-$8. How are the generic made Opana ER 7.5s and 15s? Experiences?

crackerman
04-23-2012, 06:07 AM
The Actavis generic 15's that I received last month were terribly hard on my sinuses. They smelled/tasted like what I imagine a old mildewed carpet to taste like, and dryed up my sinus cavity to the point of bleeding. I tried to find a list of inactive ingredients, but had no luck. I suspect that they contain a fair amount of some sort of base/salt or other caustic substance that disrupted the PH inside my sinuses to the point of severe drying/cracking and bleeding inside. Approximately one month after stopping the generics, I am still pulling hard crusty shit from my nasal cavity. I will not try to get them again. By the end of the month, I couldn't take it anymore and requested to go back to the original formulation. Fortunately, I was able to find the "old" formula this month, but doubt that the luck is going to last next month.

In terms of effectiveness, they appear to be just as good as the Endo version in a lesser strength. Taken orally, I suspect there would be no significant difference between the two brands.

Dr. McKay
04-23-2012, 08:13 AM
(o.O) $100 a pill?!?!?!?

soooo happy i started stock piling the fuck outa my 40s n 10irs months upon months ago
ima get a new house cuz of that move hahahaa that shit crazy tho 100 a pill damn
i got my script last week too no problem same ol same ol er40s n ir10s
have a strange feeling that thats gonna be the last time that happens tho

I feel like I pulled my pants down and got bent over getting those $100 Opanas. But I had no choice to get them since I have like a 99.9999 % chance of getting drug tested on thursday , I ran out of my Opana 40s from last script and have to have em in my urine screen so the doc wont start asking a million questions!

At my pain clinic I go to, they say they test 2x a year, but I see some people get tested all the time, but me I have went like 7 or 8 times now and only got tested at intake ? I am overdue bigtime..

I think the reason why I have not gotten tested yet is I keep showing up on a different day than my original appointment. And that may be keeping me from getting tested. Plus I'm like at the office when the door opens .. I think I beat the nurses there that do the drug test !!!!

TheTalkingAsshole
04-23-2012, 08:35 AM
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=42926

"Oxymorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets are a semi-synthetic opioid analgesic supplied in 7.5 mg and 15 mg tablet strengths for oral administration. The tablet strength describes the amount of oxymorphone hydrochloride per tablet. The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, and microcrystalline cellulose. In addition, the 7.5 mg tablets contain titanium dioxide and black iron oxide. The 15 mg tablets contain titanium dioxide and yellow iron oxide."

the only thing that i could think is tearing up your nasal passages would be the silicon dioxide, which is what is in those tiny little
packets they put in shoes or really anything to keep it from absorbing moisture.
magnesium stearate is in nearly every single pill ive encountered, so it can't be that.

actually, i think its a result of the dyes they use, the titanium dioxide, black iron oxide and yellow iron oxide,
not really stuff you want to introduce to the mucosa, but im not gonna be picky if i come across them
here is what they look like:

FIFTEEN(15) MILLIGRAMS
http://images.ddccdn.com/images/pills/custom/pill17686-1/oxymorphone-hydrochloride-extended-release.jpg

SEVEN POINT FIVE(7.5) MILLIGRAMS
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD6H7EJ6wk9XDG8AFLBl2EgSz7PvTJo MYiV_UEnO-ubGo8JSZg

seven10kids
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
how many different brand of generics are there now? I have seen ones that were white, but not like these. They melted like butter in water i hear, broke down easy to sniff too but i didnt have the chance to try.

I see a lot of people going to generic as their first means of transition. Shit, i would go from a 40mg ER to a trade to 15mg and loose more than half of the amount of meds just to get the non TRF kind. these are just junk. And I can believe because Oxymorphone has such a low B/A...

--- auto merge ---

someone need to make an oxymorphone nasal spray. Im sure this wouldnt infringe on the Endo patent. Only thing is the FDA would prob shoot it down, especially if the liquid could be easily drawn up into a rig.

Oh well, get to see the rest of my homies get strung out on H. (seriously its bad as i was saying before, these kids were NOT dependent or hardly using any oxys, now their life is a mess and have nothing to their name. Boom, just like that, over a month max, peeps went from 1/4 of a 30mg ROXI to 4-10 balloons a day and went from sniffing to using IV very poorly. They all have bruises on their arms and it seem like every other week someone is going to ER for abscess, they dont know how to properly get off.)

AndiPandi
04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Does anyone take the TRFs as prescribed?

Try not to laugh too hard folks. Stranger things have happened than one of the degenerate junkies taking drugs like they should.

But really, I wanna know if they are just as effective or did they follow the same path as the OPs and effectiveness. If they are just as good, I might be swayed to stay on them and swallow then as directed. If only until generics are made. ;)

mainline
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Does anyone take the TRFs as prescribed?

Try not to laugh too hard folks. Stranger things have happened than one of the degenerate junkies taking drugs like they should.

But really, I wanna know if they are just as effective or did they follow the same path as the OPs and effectiveness. If they are just as good, I might be swayed to stay on them and swallow then as directed. If only until generics are made. ;)

From what Ive heard, theyre still oraly as effective( and they didn't notice any major lack of potency), and like someone on here said, my friend said they gave stomach cramps and pains. So apparently, if you're used to it orally, hopefully the reports ring true andtheyre still as effective. Just think, 40mg Oral Opana with 10% BA= 4mg Oxymorphone. Thats less than shooting up ONE FIVE milligramme Opana IR. Cray. Snortings BA is between 30-45 IIRC.

AndiPandi
04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
From what Ive heard, theyre still oraly as effective( and they didn't notice any major lack of potency), and like someone on here said, my friend said they gave stomach cramps and pains. So apparently, if you're used to it orally, hopefully the reports ring true andtheyre still as effective. Just think, 40mg Oral Opana with 10% BA= 4mg Oxymorphone. Thats less than shooting up ONE FIVE milligramme Opana IR. Cray. Snortings BA is between 30-45 IIRC.

Sadly, I'm not used to them orally. But I do remember when I was first scripted them and taking them orally was very effective when it came to pain relief. I guess I'm just looking for a break. And if I can maintain on them orally and my ir med for a couple months the payoff seems worth it. The stomach cramps doesn't sound great. I deal with stomach issues/pain. So, there's that.

mainline
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Just got some old school TRF 40s ( LOL, the round E 40 tabs)

I broke out my pedegg(which is quite dull) and while they werent a fine powder, it wasn't difficult to scrape them up. They were definately easier than an OP. I snorted half as is, and ate the rest. The main issue was that since it wasnt powder-y, it was hardish to make STAY up the nose, but was fine after. I only did a bit so I can comment too muc on effect, but its not as bad as i thought. paid 6 a piece for 40s.

Dr. McKay
04-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Today I called Endo and was told that they will be shipping the pink 10mg IR tabs starting May !. They said they are actually in production already, but they will not be shipping them out until next week.

This person told me they are 100% sure that this information is acurate.

So I am looking very forward to getting the IR tabs again. My doc put me on dilaudid in place of the Opana IR and they are nowhere as good as the Opana!

austinslacker
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
seventenkids, I read an article about 6 months ago discussing the company looking into making their drug insufflatable. I lost the article name but will look for it. So, nasal ROA may not be far.

seven10kids
04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Today I called Endo and was told that they will be shipping the pink 10mg IR tabs starting May !. They said they are actually in production already, but they will not be shipping them out until next week.

This person told me they are 100% sure that this information is acurate.

So I am looking very forward to getting the IR tabs again. My doc put me on dilaudid in place of the Opana IR and they are nowhere as good as the Opana!

shoot it up.

Dr. McKay
04-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Shooting Dilaudids are like crack !
After a few hours you start jonesing for more !

theSWPK
04-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Shooting Dilaudids are like crack !
After a few hours you start jonesing for more !

You just described my Saturday

borohydride
04-29-2012, 05:05 AM
If someone puts up a list of ingredients for the reformulated SR/ER (slow release) then I expect I can find a simple answer.

I remember a while back someone mentioned some kind of SR that used an amide polymer. It turns out that the polymer is utterly insoluble in alcohols so crush, boil in IPA (100%, not 91% because the 9% H2O will be an issue) and filtering out solids. Dry - voila. Drug minus polymer.

Yes, it is a bit more work and best suited to doing 10 at once, but I would have thought 800mg of oxyM would be quite a tasty asset.

We don't get OxyM in the UK & getting OxyC is like pulling teeth. I've had HydroM SR and it wasn't so good for pain. I didn't mess with them, I NEEDED them.

There are a couple of other decent chemists on this board (and real-space US of A) so maybe they would give it a try.

I know someone (forget name) came up with a vastly simpler method of extracting freebase methadone from juice so it can be smoked... so my ideas do work (sometimes). Whoever that person who made the 'ghetto' version is a stone genius.

--- auto merge ---

PS I mean the drug is in the IPA, so you have to boil off IPA or crash it out - adding DCM will crash it very well.

Dr. McKay
04-29-2012, 08:08 AM
If someone puts up a list of ingredients for the reformulated SR/ER (slow release) then I expect I can find a simple answer.

I remember a while back someone mentioned some kind of SR that used an amide polymer. It turns out that the polymer is utterly insoluble in alcohols so crush, boil in IPA (100%, not 91% because the 9% H2O will be an issue) and filtering out solids. Dry - voila. Drug minus polymer.

Yes, it is a bit more work and best suited to doing 10 at once, but I would have thought 800mg of oxyM would be quite a tasty asset.

We don't get OxyM in the UK & getting OxyC is like pulling teeth. I've had HydroM SR and it wasn't so good for pain. I didn't mess with them, I NEEDED them.

There are a couple of other decent chemists on this board (and real-space US of A) so maybe they would give it a try.

I know someone (forget name) came up with a vastly simpler method of extracting freebase methadone from juice so it can be smoked... so my ideas do work (sometimes). Whoever that person who made the 'ghetto' version is a stone genius.

--- auto merge ---

PS I mean the drug is in the IPA, so you have to boil off IPA or crash it out - adding DCM will crash it very well.

Where can you find the ingredient list ?

I get a script for Opana every month .