PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre shaking episode

Enigma
12-09-2011, 11:38 PM
This evening, after doing enough dope to catch small buzz, I experienced 20 minutes of shaking. When I say shaking, I mean like I felt like I was freezing. My jaw was clattering, my arms and legs were shaking, even my back. I have never experienced anything like this after dosing. Usually, the opposite happens. I started shaking after I went outside for a cigarette, came in and talked on the phone briefly. It came on really hard and it was scary. When it ended, I felt relatively normal, as I still do now.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, why do you think it happened? I appreciate your input.

Matt
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Something similar happened to me once. After shooting enough to at least get well, I became freezing inside and instead of getting well it felt like I just went into withdrawal. This was one of the worst episodes I've gone through. I had to wait like 15 hours until my money went into my account so I could go score a proper amount to feel human again, but sometime in between my impatience got the best of me and I took some Suboxone, so of course that set up a wall to block the dope and I had to do a lot which was a big waste. Fuck I'm glad I'm at the tail end (I hope with all my heart and soul) of the hardship known as heroin addiction.

Chipper
12-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Dirty hit / Cotton fever or some variant of ... my best guess is that you poisoned yourself somehow and your "snappy" immune system jumped on it.

If you consider yourself to be of robust health then I could be right but the short duration and lack of headache is uncommon though.

I'm keen to hear what the Health Professionals think about this.

Izm One
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
I've experienced it before with BTH... I say that not because of a correlation necessarily, but that's just what I was using most frequently the last few years. Like Chipper said, I figured it was an immune response to something unwanted in ye ol body. I seemed to get it more often during harder runs when hygiene and sterile prep techniques went to the wayside, in retrospect. Just make sure you're being thorough during prep work.

Disconnect
12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
you beat me to the punch again, Chipper.
you're quick on the draw!

OpanaMan
12-10-2011, 01:21 AM
^^ yep, its happened to me with old opana cottons, and multiple time actualy. one time I woke up and did a shot at like 5AM of a wash and got it, then went and got my 8AM pill from my dad (at like 6AM), and couldent even hold the cup of water (he thinks I pop'em but watter is used to shoot lol) without spilling it everywhere. Iduno what exactly causes it tho =/

Disconnect
12-10-2011, 01:42 AM
cotton fever is caused when the large particles and/or bacteria get into your blood stream
and your body is like "wtf is this shit? kill it with fire!"
so your immune system goes totally fuckshit on it.
that causes a high fever to develop along with aches and hot/cold spells.

in short, our bodies are fucking stupid.

Matt
12-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Ha, this thought reminds of the movie Osmosis Jones and the stupid-assed mayor.

GOLD N DIEMONDS
12-10-2011, 02:01 AM
classic COTTON FEVER
i had it
scary shit if you know not wtf is going on an asprin sucked under the tonque does help some
yes is a bacterial autoimmunitty response reaction.

dry old cottons immediately under heat under 10 minutes
best suxk on youre cottons
don't reuse or save for that riny day
and abcess is right behind the cottin fever

doctor diesel
12-10-2011, 05:50 AM
DON'T SHOOT! IT'S DANGEROUS!

Just smoke.

Peace.

Enigma
12-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I was wondering if it was cotton fever, too. But when I got over it so quickly I didn't think so. I always thought cotton fever last about 24 hours. However, the sudden onset matched. I guess I'll consider myself lucky. I didn't know what I was going to do if it didn't pass. I was in no shape to go anywhere. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to seize! Thankfully, I still feel good today. Thanks again guys!

--- auto merge ---

Something similar happened to me once. After shooting enough to at least get well, I became freezing inside and instead of getting well it felt like I just went into withdrawal. This was one of the worst episodes I've gone through. I had to wait like 15 hours until my money went into my account so I could go score a proper amount to feel human again, but sometime in between my impatience got the best of me and I took some Suboxone, so of course that set up a wall to block the dope and I had to do a lot which was a big waste. Fuck I'm glad I'm at the tail end (I hope with all my heart and soul) of the hardship known as heroin addiction.

That was definitely the worst episode I've ever had. After I stopped shaking, I cleaned my cooking gear up with rubbing alcohol and did another hit... using very tight, clean cotton. (Like I thought I did before.) I felt much better after that, although today my body is sore from all the shaking. That was eye opening, I'll tell ya. The only thing I can think of is that I was to hasty in doing my initial shot because I was in severe rattle! Obviously, something went very wrong.

Dr. McKay
12-10-2011, 11:48 AM
This evening, after doing enough dope to catch small buzz, I experienced 20 minutes of shaking. When I say shaking, I mean like I felt like I was freezing. My jaw was clattering, my arms and legs were shaking, even my back. I have never experienced anything like this after dosing. Usually, the opposite happens. I started shaking after I went outside for a cigarette, came in and talked on the phone briefly. It came on really hard and it was scary. When it ended, I felt relatively normal, as I still do now.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, why do you think it happened? I appreciate your input.

Definatly cotton fever !
I got it a few times from using tap water to soak my opanas instaed of the usual bacterioststic water heated up on the microwave !

Of course this is a fictional statement!
I would never take my opanas anyway but orally!

Enigma
12-10-2011, 12:03 PM
What ever happened to me wasn't from old cottons. The dope wasn't nearly as good as the last few times. After heated, there were some large undissolved dark brown particles floating at the top. Definitely no big time rush. Got me well, though, and buzzed just enough. Bummer, I was expecting the same good stuff I had before.

One thing I forgot to add is that towards the end of the shakes, I became so thirsty I downed at least three large glasses of ice water in nothing flat. Can you imagine ice cubes flying? After all the water I walked around for a bit and things started toning down.

MMC
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I was wondering if it was cotton fever, too. But when I got over it so quickly I didn't think so. I always thought cotton fever last about 24 hours. However, the sudden onset matched. I guess I'll consider myself lucky. I didn't know what I was going to do if it didn't pass. I was in no shape to go anywhere. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to seize! Thankfully, I still feel good today. Thanks again guys!

most of the times i've experienced it i've gotten over it pretty quickly as well. i'll get the shakes for about 20 minutes and a fever that will last for a couple hours if i don't take an aspirin or tylenol to bring it down. there was one time that i seriously thought i would have to go to the ER because the shakes were almost like convulsions and my breathing was more like hyperventilating that lasted the better part of an hour. most of the time i can fall asleep once the shaking stops but this one time i couldn't sleep as i could feel my heart just racing for another good hour or two. that one was a scary experience i never want to repeat, so even though i know cottons should be avoided i am much more careful about drying & storing them now.

More Feen
12-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Dirty hit / Cotton fever or some variant of ... my best guess is that you poisoned yourself somehow and your "snappy" immune system jumped on it.

If you consider yourself to be of robust health then I could be right but the short duration and lack of headache is uncommon though.

I'm keen to hear what the Health Professionals think about this.

Agree with Chippster--the time course fits with cottony flever.

Cotton Fever has nothing to do with Cotton or cellulose, this misnomer comes from when people made a shot from their used cotton filters. In addition to getting some left over drug from the cotton, the moist cottons let lots of bacteria grow, so those enter the shot as well, en masse.

M F

ChibiChiva
12-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Thankfully I havent had cotten fever in a few years. Each time I get it though it seems to last forever, I always end up somehow passing out before the migraine hits and then waking up in the morning with my head still pounding all day long. Usually I can tell if its going to happen because my boyfriend is effected around 20 minutes after dosing and it usually kicks in after 2 hours for me. Knowing that youre going to feel like absolute shit and theres nothing that can be done about it is fucking hell. Its like playing the waiting game for complete agony, YUCK!

abner
12-22-2011, 12:47 AM
DON'T SHOOT! IT'S DANGEROUS!

Just smoke.

Peace.
My old cottons don't run on foil, : (

Thanat0s
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
DO NOT USE COTTONS THAT TAKE LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES TO FULLY DRY.

put them above a lamp or ANYWHERE DRY AND HOT for at least 2 HOURS.
then keep in UNSEALED PLASTIC BAG until use.

clean yer spoon and keep clean water and a sterile FINAL filter, esp for PILLS.

seriously.

chemboy7
12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I always just ate my cottons... no temptation later and no chance of cotton fever.

Miss M
12-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Don't overlook that it can be cut with god-knows-what, by anyone,
anywhere along the distribution chain....and it can be anything from
instant coffee to quinine to plaster powder. And trust me on this, people
who know (or care, for that matter) what is safe beyond the usual
sugars and whatnot, are few and far between.

I've had similar happen maybe twice over the years, and both times
it was from unfamiliar sources.

Glad you're OK.

Continuity
12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Happened to me too, once, and it was NOT from cottons, because I snorted.

The description fits very well. Shakes, teeth chattering.

The only possible cause I can think of is that I took slightly more than I was used to at that time. I was in a car with some old time users, going to another city to make a buy for the first time, and they kept offering me lines. The temptation got the better of me ;)
When we got there, to a ghetto in a run down poor town, and got out of the car, the shakes started. We stood there waiting with the local junkies and I just could not stop shaking and chattering my teeth. It was kind of embarassing, looked as if I was afraid or something.
And I DID consider a psychological explanation, being scared of the new situation, sensing this was all a bad idea and so on, but now that I read this thread and remember the feeling - no, this was definitely physical.
The dope was light brown powder, coming from Afghanistan.

I also had cotton fever at other times, and it is something different. High fever that lasts for a few hours, after a dirty shot.
This here wasn't really about fever, just the shakes.
My guess would be it's some cut they put in. Might cause a reaction like this in some people. In my case, I took more than usual, so too much of that stuff got into my system, more than the body could handle.
But who knows...

GOLD N DIEMONDS
12-23-2011, 10:02 AM
AH CONTUINITY ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YOU HAD COTTON FEVER,
if you read this and other post it caused by bacterial response
you SNORT UP BACTERIA INTO BLOOD SYSTEM AND WILL HAVE SAME END RESULTS,
NO YOU DON'T HAVE TO SNORT COTTONS TO GET COTTON FEVER.

i JUST GOT IT FROM AN AMBEIN IV (ok i was bored)
LASTED 1 HOUR UNCONTROLLED SHAKES, SHIVERS, FEEL COLD AND SICKLY AND THEN IT
DONE

RARELY IS IT EVER THE CUT W/ THESE SYMPTOMS

Continuity
12-24-2011, 04:01 AM
ok ;), thanks for enlightening me

I didn't realize the bacterial contamination could be so bad it would have this effect even after snorting.

not so surprising, given that the dope travels half the world and goes through dont-want-to-know-how-many dirty hands;]

but still, this never happened to me before or after, even after much higher doses or i.v., so it seems kind of strange and special, would love to know what exactly causes these things

but then, this is nothing, my best friend DIED after shooting 0.1 of dope :((( I had like 2.5 grams of that very same dope within 24 hours and nothing happened to me. weird and sad shit happens

GOLD N DIEMONDS
12-24-2011, 05:10 AM
ya COTTON, OR I IN JEST D CALL IT COTTIN ASK ID IDIOT SLANG
HERE LOK AT IT THUS WA6Y
' A SUPOER STRONG BACTERIA CAUES IT

WHEN YOIU SNIF YOUR DOC, WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT GO.?
IN YOUR BLOODS SYSTEM
AND YOUR BLOOD HAAS IT NOW
YOUR DOC OR PREP SYSTEM OF DOC HAS IT
AND BACTER IS IN WATER.SPON./ RIGS E
M IT REALLY WEIRD ARE DURATION AND BACTRIA AMOUNT AFECT INTENSITY
RAERRELY IU EVER HERD IT LASTIMNG 24 HOURD
IT MAY OR NOT HAVE FEVER
BUT
THE ULTIMATE CLASIC SYTOJM IS ETREME CHILSS AN UNCONTRABKE, ASAS INB NO FUCKING CONTOLO
MUSCLE SHES SOME VIOLENT

CLEANM RIGGS ,NEVBR IV OLD DOTTON
G'LUCK
AND HAPPY HOLLY STUFF

Continuity
12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
you drunk or something ? ;)
this is getting a little hard to read, and I am proud of my opiophile-English ;-D

otherwise, well, of course I agree

In fact, I find this practice of shooting old cottons that I keep reading about here, extremely creepy ;)...never thought of saving cottons, even when very desperate, those soaked, wet things look fucking dangerous...;-D....given how little would come out of them...

but then, did other stupid things. like one day, when I lifted my laptop and found a puddle of liquid Ketamine from 2 days ago under it ;)

guess what happened
(well, swept into a big spoon veery carefully ;), boiled, filtered once, boiled again, filtered again....declared ready for i.v.....)
just as crazy as cottons, I think, probably we all have our phobias (like wet cottons) and our areas where we can decide to not care ;)