PDA

View Full Version : Using Stimulants to counteract the Coldness of Withdrawal?

teefizzle
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
One of my least favorite symptoms of opiate withdrawal is being so damn cold all the time.

I have to work in a pretty chilly environment, and I can't stand the constant goose bumps and coldness.

I feel like my body can't regulate it's temperature without opiates, and I was wondering if this is because of lack of blood flow to the skin or something?

I know whenever I take amphetamine for example, I always get flushed and feel warm.

Anyone have luck using amphetamines/cathinones to counteract the chills? possibly with some diphen and loperamide for the shits and runny nose/eyes?

thanks!

borohydride
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
^I've heard of people using cocaine to help morphine withdrawal... I'm not so sure myself, but many old-timers swear it works for them.

Wimpkins
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Stimulants of all kinds have helped me with my WD's, chills included... unfortunately it only lasts as long as the "buzz"...

Maybe load up on them? ...not sure.

teefizzle
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
the feeling of being on-edge that I get from doing stims doesn't seem like it'd be very pleasant at all during w/d's, which is my main deterrent to trying this.

anyone have any tips on getting rid of the chills and goose bumps? I honestly can handle the depression so much easier than being cold 24/7.

**wimpkins, I was thinking about possibly synthing a good amount of methcathinone, but have no experience using it. I know I prefer the cathinones to standard amphetamines, and I believe m-cat is the longest lasting of it's class.

anyone have experience with this drug?

methadoniac1972
10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
oh a lil...i used mdpv,,,a close 2nd..to get off of the opis...its been 4 weeeks of anything period..it took about 2 weeks to wean off of the opis...unfortunately, the bdea fed ban on "mdpv,mephedrone,methylone,cathinones and phenylethalines is maybe a day or 3 from the deadline..of full effect 50 state banned.the analogues and salts are covered in full detail in the bill as well......coke idk not tried any since mid 90's ...i stay far away from it....loperamide is the best bet (tho i have zero personal use) ,,,,amphet is a tool id use if ever there was a need. imho.

JonnyM
10-06-2011, 02:47 PM
^I've heard of people using cocaine to help morphine withdrawal... I'm not so sure myself, but many old-timers swear it works for them.
It does work... for about 15 minutes then you are in a much deeper hell then before you started.

Never again.

teefizzle
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
cocaine's short duration of effects probably makes it the worst candidate for what I'm wanting.

Plus I've never found good quality cocaine anywhere, so some pure RC's would be preferable I'd think.

duck
10-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Honestly man any stimulant is going to leave you colder than you started at some point, its just whether or not the duration of the high/warmthis worth it to ya. I fucking hated the cold bones associated with Wds. I remember IMing than0 asking him how long it would take to go away. His I don't remember his exact answer but I it had something to do with whiskey.

SuperJunky
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I think it would just make you colder, amphetamines always make me cold. Like right now.

Chipper
10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Speed is a bad idea. You will be even colder once it metabolizes the rest of your last dose.

SHELLEY
10-06-2011, 05:18 PM
stims help with a lot of the symptoms of opiate withdrawal
just not the stomach issues

CountryRoadJunkie
10-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Stims make me even colder when im in WD's or in general. Stims do help with waking you up and getting you out of bed and functioning some, but the Meth shits with WD's shits is the fucking worst.... Never again.......

JuStOnEmOrE?
10-07-2011, 02:10 AM
crashing during w/ds doesnt sound fun.... Somewhere it's discussed... I'm poke around for the hread and edit this if I can find it again

Matt
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
One of my least favorite symptoms of opiate withdrawal is being so damn cold all the time.

I have to work in a pretty chilly environment, and I can't stand the constant goose bumps and coldness.

I feel like my body can't regulate it's temperature without opiates, and I was wondering if this is because of lack of blood flow to the skin or something?

I know whenever I take amphetamine for example, I always get flushed and feel warm.

Anyone have luck using amphetamines/cathinones to counteract the chills? possibly with some diphen and loperamide for the shits and runny nose/eyes?

thanks!

Myself and my girlfriend went out to San Diego to stay with an elderly family friend who needed assistance and the first week sucked ass because of course my dope supply went way too quick (I got ripped off for half of a quarter oz before I left NM by a "friend" who scored for me at the last minute) and the three subs I had didn't totally work because I was stuck with the fucked up body temperature thing, mostly chills.
We luckily made a contact the second day we were there but it took him a week to finally come through. I don't know how he got the wrong idea or whatever happened but the first thing he came up with was a stash of crystal meth.
I hate stimulants these days but not having anything else I said fuck it and did some. It seemed to take away my chills, or at least I no longer noticed enough for it to bother me anymore but I was up for the next two days still feeling raunchy.
Luckily he finally came through with the right drugs when I was jonesing hard, plus I was once again in withdrawal after snorting some percs and tabs that were laying around. Anyway, we gave is guy two bills which got us about five grams and all was well the rest of our stay there!

iriewon
10-13-2011, 09:33 PM
i find dying a slow painfull death more attractive than doing any sort of stim. in wd's as they both are about equal in my eyes....ugh just the thought of it makes me cringe.

Matt
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
The thought of doing stimulants in any condition makes me cringe. I entertain the idea of speedballs now and then but forget that, I'm too Pro-Opioid to flirt with the enemy.

SHELLEY
10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
i find that using almost any drug can help distract you from opiate w/d symptoms
if only by giving you another pleasurable feeling to focus on
except hallucinogens- i've never actually tried those in w/d (bc every time i trip it sucks)

iriewon
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
i got spun once at a festival while in wd it wasnt 2 my knowledge that i was doing so though...needless to say i'm still hesitant to eat reeses peanut butter cups i see lying around lol

Dr. McKay
10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
If you take Clonidine it will regulate your body temperature. trust me it works great, and is much better than taking coke to feel better.

Not sure on the dose though. I would start with 1 and watch your blood pressure to make sure it does not get too low. Try to keep it above 110 /65 at the lowest, and no higher than 140/90 at the highest.

**Here is what I found online as far as dosage**
Total daily dosage for the treatment of opiate withdrawal range between 0.5 and 1.4 mg, depending on the stage as well as the severity of withdrawal symptoms

Read more: Clonidine - children, effects, therapy, withdrawal, drug, person, people, used (http://www.minddisorders.com/Br-Del/Clonidine.html#ixzz1aiy2vjgi) http://www.minddisorders.com/Br-Del/Clonidine.html#ixzz1aiy2vjgi

goodgirlgonebad
10-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I agree with the other posters.. it seems to make mine worse. I was thinking the same thing you were, because logically it seems like it should help, but it doesn't. The last time I took several Adderall IR's in hopes of combating the w/d chills, yawning & fatigue, it did nothing but make me more cold & tired, and made it harder for me to fall asleep that night. Worst symptom of w/d, ever. Ugh.

PerpetualKick
10-22-2011, 04:36 PM
i find dying a slow painfull death more attractive than doing any sort of stim. in wd's as they both are about equal in my eyes....ugh just the thought of it makes me cringe.

Agreed. I have anxiety issues so stims would just make me feel so much worse! I've chipped at them before and didn't really try any of em twice since I would just go into full blown panic mode.

hovadagod
10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Try Neurontin.

Der Alte Krieger
10-22-2011, 10:47 PM
It does work... for about 15 minutes then you are in a much deeper hell then before you started.

Never again.

I never even got the 15 minits.

duck
10-22-2011, 10:59 PM
then your coke sucks. there's just no two ways about it: good cocaine has incredible fucking euphoria. Especially IV. If you are not getting high from coke it's because the coke sucks, I promise.

kTron2g
10-23-2011, 01:40 AM
the feeling of being on-edge that I get from doing stims doesn't seem like it'd be very pleasant at all during w/d's, which is my main deterrent to trying this.

I feel ya on that. I REFUSE to do any kind of stim/upper/hallucinogen without opiates to either mix with it, or to chill me the fuck out when I'm starting to "come down" off the other drugs.

imonsomeacid
12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
I always use stims while waiting for refill. A good dose of methylphen will make you feel a little warmer, and at least make your brain stimulated and read which makes time go much faster imo. I still get no physical energy, but the mental boost is def worth it.

Matter a fact its what I did today. 6 more hours.

But in my experience, depending on how hard your kicking, LSD was a life saver. Probably because it fucks you up so hard that you don't care that your w/ding

Spiritualized
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Stimulants of all kinds have helped me with my WD's, chills included... unfortunately it only lasts as long as the "buzz"...

Maybe load up on them? ...not sure.

Ugh. My dealer, who is also a crackhead, had been really struggling since my bf and I had kicked, so we decided to be nice and buy a few grams of coke from him. Bad idea!

BobTheFiend
03-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I know it works for small kicks. I don't have enough experience using stims during severe withdrawal to recommend it in that case.

I over did it the past couple weeks with morphine. I used Adderall and Concerta for symptom relief and for increased functionality at work.

I was hesitant to try it during withdrawal because I don't enjoy amps/uppers all that much. The vascular constriction tends to make me feel cold with lighter doses. I do feel flushed/warm with moderate-high doses (relative to what I usually do; 20-30mg of adderall is moderate for me during the 1st day, tolerance jumps quickly after that).

I lucked into being scripted Concerta (36mg) with one visit to my GP Doc awhile ago. I prefer it over IR adderall for withdrawal relief because of the long duration when taken properly. I played around with the various extractions I read online to yield IR Ritalin. Only one actually yielded anything I cared to stick in my arm. It was nice to start off a run with a shot, but after that it was too much prep work for diminished returns so I've taken subsequent doses orally. (my veins needed a break after the morph anyways).

I don't usually take uppers, even with having the script (tolerance develops too quickly and renders it near useless for it's intended purpose in my case), so I started fresh during this latest kick. At this rate I'm going to have quite a pile of them if I keep refilling my scripts.

(Weird how damn near every sentence is "I" this and "I" that. I sound conceited, haha).

struggler
03-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Never again.

^^^ THIS... Stims are only a very temp fix.. Like 10 mins or so temp... Then for me, it's a MUCH MUCH worse hell than before. The only thing I've found that helps with opiate WD's are either more opiates or benzos. NEVER STIMS.

Strugg

dizzle
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
To anyone thinking of doing this:

You're going to SERIOUSLY regret it, in roughly 5 minutes, maybe 10. You will fucking vomit and you know those feelings of anxiety and general NON-wellbeing? Yeah, those will INTENSIFY which= FUCKING HELL ON EARTH.

Terrible idea. I'd liken it to shooting a suboxone while having a full agonist habit, without waiting the proper 36-48 hours.

thatoneguy
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
If I am tweaking I find it takes away the first minor wd syndroms but couldnt imagine doin speed in fullblown wd.

Speakin of speed that pipes callin my name!

Benz
05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
If you take Clonidine it will regulate your body temperature. trust me it works great, and is much better than taking coke to feel better.

Not sure on the dose though. I would start with 1 and watch your blood pressure to make sure it does not get too low. Try to keep it above 110 /65 at the lowest, and no higher than 140/90 at the highest.

**Here is what I found online as far as dosage**
Total daily dosage for the treatment of opiate withdrawal range between 0.5 and 1.4 mg, depending on the stage as well as the severity of withdrawal symptoms

Read more: Clonidine - children, effects, therapy, withdrawal, drug, person, people, used (http://www.minddisorders.com/Br-Del/Clonidine.html#ixzz1aiy2vjgi) http://www.minddisorders.com/Br-Del/Clonidine.html#ixzz1aiy2vjgi

Almost all of the symptoms of withdrawl are caused by your brain producing too much noradrenaline (norepinephrine). Taking any stimulants in w/ds can only compound your problems.

As a comfort med, any positive effects you may gain from uppers will cause you to have much worse symptoms when you come down. Clonidine is a time served comfort med, eliminating a good chunk of the physical withdrawals.

Just be careful with how much you take & be aware your blood pressure will be lower.

NEVER mix stimulants with beta blockers though.

Benz