PDA

View Full Version : Got Busted forging scripts ... what's gonna happen now?

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 08:38 AM
so, SWIM finally got busted forging scripts ... its kind of a fucked up story .. his mom works in a dermatologists office, and one day he was in the office meeting his mom when he saw the docs script pad on the table .. he didnt take the whole thing just ripped off a couple sheets .. he already had the Docs DEA# from a legit script he was given ... so he had a friend write out a prescription for 90 KPin with 4 refills and took it to a mom and pop pharmacy whose known not to call in most scripts, and to his surprise it worked, and he paid cash, no insurance ... he couldnt believe it worked ... so after this he got more ballsy and wrote 3 more scripts, one for dilaudid, one for halcion with 4 refills , and one for morphine IR ... the mistake here is these were filled at chain pharmacies and went through insurance ... somehow they went through and no bels or whistles went off .. couldnt believe it .. even the refills worked ...

fast forward to this month. there were 2 scripts left, so he had his friend write out one for percocet 10/325 #90, took it to a different mom and pop, but couldnt afford the price so put it under his insurance ... worked! but, now things take a turn for the worse. the last script was written out for ativan 2mg #90 with 4 refills, and was originally supposed to be taken to a different mom and pop pharmacy, but just as they arrived, the pharmacy was closing! not wanting to go home empty handed and slightly high, they made the biggest mistake and went into WALGREENS. well the pharmacist called the doctor to verify, and even though it was after hours, rather than let it go and just say he couldnt verify, he called the doctors emergency cell phone number, who promptly told him the script was not real. the only reason the cops were not called is becuse the pharmacist gave the dr the name on the script, and it was her employees sons name.... well the dr called his mom and his mom was furious, as was the doctor, and it sucks because he was being so stupid as to not even realize he was putting his mom at risk ... the walgreens incident just happened yesterday, today his mom made him go into the office and apologize to the doctor and make sure it was clear that the mom was NOT involved in this in anyway ... now my question is, they are only aware of this script, which wasnt filled, but they were still upset (obviously) ... after speaking with my friend, the doctor didnt make it clear if they were going to press charges, but they said hes no longer welcome as a patient ... bottom line, is there any way for a doctor to request a list of medicines filled under their DEA number? in other words, can they find out about already filled medicines that were filled without problem? the kid was smart in writing out the scripts as in they were written correctly and passed fine, the big mistake was STUPID fuckin walgreens ... so now he is worried that they are going to find out about the other medicines especially with the insurance paper trail ... this is in the state of PA ... any insights/thoughts/experiences with this? he is really scared

ausativa
10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
was it worth it?

Princess Kitty
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I'd say absolutely they can find out about the other scripts. You are fuckin lucky if they don't press charges. Better start praying now. Your friend is lucky his mom isn't fired over this shit

doctor diesel
10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Man oh man was that a dumb thing to do. I feel sorry for you, but only SO far...

Doc

Candy Heart
10-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Bad fucking idea dude. You put yourself in a situation to do some federal time, you put your mom at risk of losing her job and then some. You should probably rethink your drug intake. Take some time away so that you realize what it is you actually did.

Ps.. it might not be over for you... The doc finds out you filled some sched 2 narcotics, you might be in for a rough row to hoe

Thanat0s
10-05-2011, 09:06 AM
of course they will find out about ALL of the other rxs if they havent already.

the dilly and morphoine might get ya the most fucked, cII and all...
not a small thing to forge a cII.
NEVER forge a Cii,
i used to help friends(im an excellent forger) with scripts but NEVER with a cII.

depends on the doc and your mom i guess.
they KNOW, dont think they dont or wont.
just a matter of charges or not.

oh, and your MOM's job...

was it worth it?
no?

learn anything?
you really owe your mom hardcore now man...

reddragon3668
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't get too upset at Walgreens. Of course, I hate the motherfuckers, and that's with legit scripts. You've been living on borrowed time since the first script you wrote. All the doctor would have to do is do a pharmacy check on you. All those controlled substances with the doctor's name on it. He really has no choice but to file charges (or the pharmacist for that matter.. otherwise, they could get in trouble). I don't think he's going to put his DEA license in jeopardy for you or your mom. Not trying to be mean, but I don't think you've dodged any bullets yet because I don't think they've even begun to shoot. Let's hope I'm wrong, for your sake and your mom's. She's going to look guilty as hell no matter what she does.

And, for the record, you used your legit name AND insurance?? Wow...

When I was a kid, my mother was a home hospice nurse. I took a handful of percs from a patient she was caring for one day. I never thought of the repercussions to her. I still feel bad about that and she passed away 10 years ago. We all fuck up.

Brony
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
This is typical of 99.9% of people who forge scripts, they eventually get sloppy, and get caught.

The doctor can absolutely find out about the other scripts is he or she wants to. Your friend is lucky the pharmacist didn't ignore the doctor's request to not call the police right then and there, the pharmacist had every right to do so.

Your friend is in deep, deep shit, no nice way of putting it. This isn't something that you just get a "warning" for...

Pwhite
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, they can trace the other scripts, and yes you are in for a possible world of hurt! Like said above start praying Now!!

The Ryan
10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I can't understand how no one is arrested yet. I guess the cops are making their case first.

Like reddragon said, I seriously doubt you dodged any bullets, and they will find out about all the scripts, sorry.

chopstix
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Might not be a bad idea to start looking for a treatment program. You fucked up and I'd bet that they *all* come around, they're being lenient so far cos they don't know about the others..

And using your insurance? WTF were you thinking??

Seems EVERYONE who forges scripts gets caught, that's a racket I'd never fucking touch..

JuStOnEmOrE?
10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Jesus. Christ.

I'm not gonna rip on "him"... because by now "he" should realize EXACTLY how stupid this is.

But from looking around a little bit, it appears that every single forged prescription counts as a Class D Felony at least.

Then you have how many "he" was writing for "himself", that very well may give them enough to prosecute for trafficking. Because you gotta think... It's not just the original, its the refills as well.

This is exactly why Junkies/CPP have bad names. Idiots like your "friend" fuck up the rules for everyone. And "he" dragged his own Mother into this shit with him, because God knows there is no way to prove that she wasn't involved. I'd definitely start re-thinking who your "friends" are.

Was it worth it for fists full of benzos, a few morphine, and a handful of Percs?

Sorry, I have no sympathy.

pain-patient
10-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Forged scrips on INSURANCE! You crazy man;). You need to think of this not as potentially (and hopefully) dodging a bullet, but more as a strong suggestion to find another way to get your meds. And the reason -- because cash was short? -- is pathetic and amateurish. That should never be a consideration. Don't try to take the ride if you can afford the ticket. Now that we know about this, would you be so kind as to let us know how it turns out?

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
And the sinking feeling in the stomach begins...

Count Zero
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Well, everybody dumped on the OP pretty good, and justifiably so, but how about some constructive advice on making the best of a bad situation. Looking at treatment programs is excellent advice, he/they should probably talk to a lawyer (they generally give a free consultation at the beginning IME) to be as prepared as possible if/when the shit hits the fan. Also, if the OP and/or friend has a habit, they should prolly look at a pretty quick taper to avoid the possibility of kicking CT in jail. Anything else?

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
as far as i know, no cops are involved yet because the doctor doesnt know any prescriptions were ACTUALLY filled yet ... she thinks the ativan was the only forged script and i got caught cause i cant write scripts ... she doesnt know about the successful scripts that were filled .. and i tried to not use insurance but when they filled it when i went to pay they told me i couldnt pay cash with insurance on file ( never should of went to retail pharms and should of stuck with mom and pops) ... it was such a STUPID idea to take a forged script to the walgreens on KENSINGTON and ALLEGHENY ... what was he thinking?!?!!? it was out of disapppointment and not to go home empty handed, and out of cockyness ... after the first CII went through successfully it was like a high all its own .. plus doing H on top of it ... it was mainly selling these pills to support H .. the only ones kept were the dillies and morphine, and the halcion just cause it was something so rare ... now that the doctor knows god knows what would happen .. if only greediness didnt come into play this could of all went under the radar and he should of stopped while he was ahead ... this all just happened today so i dont know if/when the doctor is going to pursue this case or see if anything else was filled ... i feel SO bad for the mom, seeing her in tears breaks my heart all the punishment in the world isnt as bad as seeing her hurt ... if that one stupid ativan script was never tried to get filled this could of just went away .... like you all said, everyone gets caught and we should of jsut stopped ... just pray for me, everyone makes mistakes ... ;(

doctor diesel
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
the dilly and morphoine might get ya the most fucked, cII and all...
not a small thing to forge a cII.
NEVER forge a Cii,
i used to help friends(im an excellent forger) with scripts but NEVER with a cII.

Christ, if dillies and morph are in CII, then what the hell is in CI??
I no understand cos I come from England where we have drug Classes A, B, and C.

Doc

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
here even cocaine and meth is in schedule II .. anything with an accepted medical use but has high abuse potential is CII, but anything with NO accetpable use (such as weed, pcp, heroin) is CI

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd stop writing this shit down on the forum if I were you, 'SWIM' needs a lawyer and a priest ASAP.

As others have said, it only takes a single phonecall to sink this whole ship...

Smaxie
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
everyone that suggested rehab is right on here, You need to start by telling the doc, your mom and any LE that gets involved that you have a serious drug problem and you were out of your head on drugs when you did this. Tell them you need help and beg for rehab. Hopefully this is your first offense? If so, you may get away with just the rehab stint. If they decide to throw the book at you, it will still look better and be better for you if you go to Hab. Good luck, man. That was a hard lesson learned. And yes, greed is what brings down most criminal activity.

jill
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Well, I am not going to rub in what everyone else has said. But yes, they will find out about the forged Rxs that were filled, not just because they were through your insurance, but because the doctor will have to fill out reports and and the DEA, etc. will handle it. This drs license is in major jeopardy and you can bet she will do what is necessary to protect it.

Also, the Board of Medical Examiners in SWIM's state will be involved to...so I wouldn't think you are fine on everything just so soon.

She (the doctor) is assuming if there was one failed attempt there were more (possibly successful ones), and under your insurance?!! Wtf.

Anyway, good luck and as chopstix first suggested, I would start looking into treatment programs, asap.

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 10:31 AM
my only hope is that the dr and my mom are friends maybe since the dr thinks it was a one time thing that didnt go through she wont press it any further? all i know is he is really scared and he works full time to pay rent so rehab would be very hard

jill
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
As we said, "really scared" doesn't do any good here. And it's possible SWIM will be able to eventually put "rent" on a payment plan!

I'm sorry, but you still seem like you are blaming Walgreens. Walgreens did their job and they did NOT have to cooperate with the doctor's instruction.

And yes, SWIM is RIGHT to be very scared! If he was anything else, I would be even more concerned, but your responses her don't indicate much regret, or willingness to DO anything to help get yourself out of this position with the least ramifications.

AndiPandi
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I would be worried that the DEA would wonder wth a dermatoligist is doing writing scripts for benzos. Wouldn't that put them on alert?

Anyway, I don't think you have many options. Treatment and lawyer up, now. When the cops come knocking, don't tell them shit. Remember, when the cops come knocking don't tell them shit. One more time, when the cops come knocking, don't tell them shit.

jill
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
^ Thanks for mentioning that Andi, I was just inferring that my post (cuz, hey, I knew what I was talking about)....but yes that is the reason for everyone to make a big deal out of this, especially the dr who worked for her Rx'g privileges and didn't get in business to Rx CSII's!

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
i dont know how it seems like all the blame is going to walgreens i mean im upset about it but of course its not their fault , and how much more regretful one can be than all the stuff that was said already, but in case it didnt come across before, yes there is remorse and yes and the whole point of making this thread is what i can do to help myself with the least ramifications? your response just seemed cold and out of place ...

edit: the prescription pad didnt say "dermatology" on it so no one knew it was a derm office until the last and only time they called ... the scripts just got filled under the radar, i guess no bells or whistles went off from the first scripts

The Ryan
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
When the cops come knocking, don't tell them shit. Remember, when the cops come knocking don't tell them shit. One more time, when the cops come knocking, don't tell them shit.

Most important advice in the thread, for real, don't say a word, not one!

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
yes, definitely best advice in the thread .. i honestly never even had a habit as of a year or so ago, so to anyone reading, it really is true, its scary how fast my habit became a daily thing .. when i joined this forum was around the first time i ever tried H, and now im at about a bundle a day of decent Kill Bill stuff ... it just got out of control so fast ...

AndiPandi
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
You don't think the DEA knows what doctor practices what medicine? I would think that would be #1 on their list. I'm not much for paranoia, but I wouldn't put it past them to check for things like this and what scripts are being written.

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
yes but do you think the dea checks on every single rx that goes through every single pharmacy?

jill
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
i dont know how it seems like all the blame is going to walgreens i mean im upset about it but of course its not their fault <snip>

edit: the prescription pad didnt say "dermatology" on it so no one knew it was a derm office until the last and only time they called ... the scripts just got filled under the radar, i guess no bells or whistles went off from the first scripts

Perhaps it is your negative wording the first time you mention WALGREENS and going there??

Most important advice in the thread, for real, don't say a word, not one!

Word x1000!

You don't think the DEA knows what doctor practices what medicine? I would think that would be #1 on their list. I'm not much for paranoia, but I wouldn't put it past them to check for things like this and what scripts are being written.

Yes, they do, but it is more the State Board of Pharmacy and State Board of Medical Examiners that is up on this and enforces at the state level...first.

No, if the Rx pad didn't have "Dermatology" in the practice name, like it really should, then it would be easier to pass it off....to lazt pharms. However, when I was school, the number one thing to look for on the script (in terms of forgery) is whether is is done in triplicate and with safety mechanisms in place, such as watermarks, photo copied Rxs saying "VOID" all over them, etc.

This was likely (from what you describe) a single copy generic type script, and that alone, written for CS11'a should have been a red flag to anyone filling it, even for CSIII's.

borohydride
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Dilaudid is CII - not good to forge them. That will be the killer + Possession, fraud, theft...

The Ryan
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
yes, definitely best advice in the thread .. i honestly never even had a habit as of a year or so ago, so to anyone reading, it really is true, its scary how fast my habit became a daily thing .. when i joined this forum was around the first time i ever tried H, and now im at about a bundle a day of decent Kill Bill stuff ... it just got out of control so fast ...

Well man we all got your back here, not one of us has never done something stupid to fuel our addiction, we are all the same.

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
im hoping it wont come to that .. dilaudid, morphine, and percocet 10/325 are all CII ... the kpin and halcion dont help .. im just praying god has mercy .. lookin back it just seems so surreal i never in a million years thought i would ever be handling a needle .. EVER

edit: thanks ryan ... when hindsight is 20/20 it seems so obvious that what youre doing is stupid ... if anyone is from philly then you know how stupid it is so fill a fake, even a real script, in the wallgreens under the EL near K&A ... so stupid

Dilauday
10-05-2011, 11:19 AM
^

key emphasis 'WHEN'

your world is about to get a whole lot more interesting

Snoops
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
I just want to say.
When you are engaging in such risky behavior.
And you aren't quite the career criminal, that you may think yourself to be.
Take it easy. Or... Go balls the fuck out.
Forging scripts, is forging scripts.
And in MHO, you may as well have been going for the gusto.
Major CII's (Dilaudid, Morphine, Opana, Roxicodone, Fent)... Fuck it.

You're gonna get caught in that game. Eventually.

I personally knew a fella. He was forging CII's and CIII's and CIIII's, and he went down just as hard over the Xanax, as he did for the Actiq Pops.

Depending on your jacket (criminal history) consequences MAY vary.
If you don't mind... Does SWIM even have a jacket to speak of? Any prior narcotics convictions? Theft?

With some more info, I could perhaps give you an "idea" of the way sentencing guidlines could help/hurt SWIMs chances of remaining free, that is IF the justice system were to become involved.

I always hate to hear about "addicts" in general taking the hard fall. You know, jail and or prison doesn't exactly "help" or "cure" addiction.
It in fact, exasperates the condition. And gives the addict, even more horrible thoughts and memories to TRY and chase away.

Sorry ya gots caught. Sincerely I am. Just pray that the long arm of the law doesn't creep up your ass soon.
But, given the circumstances of the case.
I'm willing to bet that they aren't gonna bring the hammer down on ya too hard.
At worst...... The dreaded "Guilt Trip".

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
thank god i have no record ... it seems like some people on here revere in other peoples problems or get some sick joy out of it ... which is sick .. i appreciate your post snoops it was good to read

snoop i agree with what you said, if youre gonna do it, do it for the good stuff ... i was hoping this thread would gather GOOD positive energy for SWIM but instead its almost the opposite

fauxflavored
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
i kind of just skimmed through the thread, but isn't that a federal case?
count your lucky stars if so

you have my best wishes, spike.

The Ryan
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
thank god i have no record ... it seems like some people on here revere in other peoples problems or get some sick joy out of it ... which is sick .. i appreciate your post snoops it was good to read

snoop i agree with what you said, if youre gonna do it, do it for the good stuff ... i was hoping this thread would gather GOOD positive energy for SWIM but instead its almost the opposite

No negative feelings here, I may have sounded a bit blunt, but my words are true, the cops, they don't fuck with fraud, in any form, and this is about the worst form right now. Media propaganda about pills, people going crazy 'bout drugs, really, prescrption fraud is a huge deal these days.

You made a dumbass mistake, but you're lucky, you have no record, I'm sure if you get caught you won't get more than probation. People came down on you hard because with prescription fraud, it's not if you get caught, it's WHEN. We don't want you posting a year from now you have your second prescription fraud charge and your going to prison for 5 years.

You can make this right now, to your mom, the law, yourself, you may not be able to in the future. Good luck my friend.

candyman20
10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
well i know a girl that did 14month for forging a xanax script so your probly gonna have to do some time

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
yeah well i know a girl who blacked out and fucked 2 guys after taking .5mg xanax, doesnt mean itll happen to everybody ;)

like what was said above, all i can do is hope for the best and try to do what i can ... maybe end up like chelsea clinton or jeb bush's daughter (shudder)

AndiPandi
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes, they do, but it is more the State Board of Pharmacy and State Board of Medical Examiners that is up on this and enforces at the state level...first.

No, if the Rx pad didn't have "Dermatology" in the practice name, like it really should, then it would be easier to pass it off....to lazt pharms. However, when I was school, the number one thing to look for on the script (in terms of forgery) is whether is is done in triplicate and with safety mechanisms in place, such as watermarks, photo copied Rxs saying "VOID" all over them, etc.

This was likely (from what you describe) a single copy generic type script, and that alone, written for CS11'a should have been a red flag to anyone filling it, even for CSIII's.

WOuld the state's boards do a regular check on doctors and what they are prescribing? Does this differ from state to state?

This is more of a general question that could pertain to this. I'm truly curious how it all goes down. I know my own doctor has done some changes in their prescription writing and practices, but it was more or a federal push for them to start doing it.

chopstix
10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
yes but do you think the dea checks on every single rx that goes through every single pharmacy?

THE DOCTOR will check every script that goes through his DEA # and he's likely obligated to report any discrepancies.

You whine about people harping on you for making a REALLY stupid mistake, what did you expect with this post? Applause and rep??

Use your noggin and take the advice that's been given to you. If I was in your shoes, I'd be doing EVERYTHING I could possibly think of to avoid a felony, and your best chance at that is being pro-active - don't just wait around and just see what happens. Since you have some sort of relationship with the Doc, it *might* not be a bad idea to just go ahead and cop to the other scripts, cos they *will* find out.

You seem young, seriously, get an atty and get on your knees - they take this kind of shit really seriously, if you play your cards right, you could get off with probation and a stint in rehab. Escaping the felony is gonna depend on the judge and your attorney.

Bitching about people harping on you isn't gonna help anything, you're getting flack for a damned good reason.. Walgreens?? JFC...

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
but if the doc was checking every script that went through wouldnt they have noticed 6 months ago? and no i didnt expect applause i expected answers to my questions and concerns, im not denying the stupidity, especially with the last part .. im 25 so i dont kno if you consider that "young" but me coming here and asking people who may have dealt with this before is being proactive so i at least know where to start

bkiddo
10-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah. Hey, I know it seems harsh. But the fact is, everyone fucks up. Everyone who has an addiction puts themselves first and doesn't have the ability to think about the consequences to those around us.

That being said, i will guaran-fucking-tee you that this will not go under the radar. DA's, cops, doctors, pharmacies...they are SERIOUS about this shit. How do I know? Well, I was up for 28 D-felonies a few years ago because of doing the exact same thing. Except the pad I stole was my brothers (Veterinarian).

What happened? Well the long and short of it is basically, went to rehab and while there, my dad found a lawyer for me, and while the State Narcotics Investigators wanted to investigate and pin me with trafficking charges, they couldn't, and I only had the charges for possession of forged instrument and possession of felony drug weight.

Anyway, the day I got out of rehab, was arrested and book and the ROR'd. Basically, the lawyer worked with the DA's office while I was in rehab to reduce my charges, so I ended up pleading to 2 counts of misd. possession, but in doing so, I had to go through the City's Drug Court program. (Drug Court is basically a very intense probation and many things have to be completed in order to "graduate.")

I had no prior criminal history whatsoever beforehand. And after completing Drug Court, my guilty pleas were withdrawn, and charges dropped from my record.

So there is 1 experience for you. Certainly wouldn't expect the same results, as you are in a different state altogether, and every case is different.

Its fucked what I did to my brother and dad, and I was in a bad way for a long time over it. Thankfully, they did whatever they had to in order to avoid problems for themselves, and I gladly took all blame and culpability.

I know you're remorseful and sorry and scared. Be proactive starting right now. Clean up. Get legal representation. And keep your nose clean so as to not further complicate matters. Good luck.

jill
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
<snip>.. im 25 so i dont kno if you consider that "young" but me coming here and asking people who may have dealt with this before is being proactive so i at least know where to start

Perhaps take the advice then regarding admitting a problem, treatment, getting an attorney, etc.

Best of luck to you. You are one of the reasons malpractice insurance is so high. Sorry, you don't seem to like to hear the truth, but it is, and you affect more than just that "one" WALGREENS.

Snoops
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Chops makes a good point OP... Sometimes, I wish I had some harsh reality dropped on me.
Then, I could possibly have avoided much trouble, and years of towing the line. And cleaning up the mess I had made of my life.

Start attending NA meetings, TODAY... And for the remaining days leading up to your "possible" arrest. And make sure you get the signatures and/or stamps from the person in charge of signing off court cards.
Perhaps enroll in some kind of out or inpatient rehab faciluty (if financially feasable) BE PROACTIVE...
If and when the day comes. Judges will take all of these things into consideration, when it comes to sentencing.
And the DA will take all of these things into consideration, when it comes time for them to make their recommendation of time served, probationary period to follow, and conditions of your probo. i.e. Community service, UA's and possibly community service.

With no record to speak of. And a paid attorney. The outcome of all of this "could" and I emphasise "could", turn out as favorable as one could possibly hope for... (whino county time, with a probationary period to follow) after that, play your cards right. And petition the courts for an expungment, or at least a drop of the felony, to a misdemeanor.

Best of luck... Trust me. I know how much it sucks to wait out the unknown. Especially when it comes to our "justice" system... Keep your chin up and chest out. Don't let the worry and anxiety rule your life. Enjoy your days. Cuz "if" convicted and sent to jail/prison. You're gonna look back on them last days and wished you would have done more than chew on your fingernails, hold up in your bedroom.

Just no more fuckin' about with Johnny Law.... Do wholesome shit.

I hope it all turns out well. Best wishes.

Princess Kitty
10-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Your post comes off as it's Walgreens fault that you or swim CHOSE to forge scripts for schedule II Meds.
I say man the fuck up and take responsibility. I hate people that blames others for their actions. You could have said no but instead you chose yes. Now because of your choice you are going to suffer consequences. We don't get off on people's poor choices. This is a harm reduction site. What did you expect? Us to think your so cool?

Best thing to do is talk to a lawyer NOW. When it's a federal offense there's not much wiggling out of it. They are going to fuck you in ways that you've never thought.

Dr. McKay
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
How about a nice extended vacation to Canada ?

JuStOnEmOrE?
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
OK... lets go from the top.

For C-II, a copy of every prescription that is filled needs to be sent into the DEA, as far as I know. I know Drs here love using the computer written ones because it tracks it automatically. Maybe not C-III, but definitely for C-II

im hoping it wont come to that .. dilaudid, morphine, and percocet 10/325 are all CII ... the kpin and halcion dont help .. im just praying god has mercy .. lookin back it just seems so surreal i never in a million years thought i would ever be handling a needle .. EVER

edit: thanks ryan ... when hindsight is 20/20 it seems so obvious that what youre doing is stupid ... if anyone is from philly then you know how stupid it is so fill a fake, even a real script, in the wallgreens under the EL near K&A ... so stupid

Of course you never thought you'd be on the needle. Nobody starts doing drugs dreaming of hitting themselves. The dreaming of a needle comes AFTER you've started using it.

Why do you keep mentioning what Walgreens it was?? This could have happened at any of them. Stop blaming them.

You got caught! Not everyone is gonna be nice about it. The DEA and State Police arent gonna be nice about this. Neither is Bubba in the next cell over who is gonna love watching you shower.

You fucked up. If you can't do the time, dont to the crime.

Thats why I dont necessarily feel bad for you. Along with fucking shit up for yourself, you fucked the Dr, Your Mom, and this case will enter the demographic when it comes time for the DEA to lash out at CPP and their doctors for possibly enjoying their medication.

I have a little sympathy that you're gonna do time. You sound like a young kid, and prison is not a playground.

I'm sorry if I sound cold, cruel or vicious. But thats how I am, so it tends to come out that way.

yeah well i know a girl who blacked out and fucked 2 guys after taking .5mg xanax, doesnt mean itll happen to everybody ;)

Hilarious. You ask for advice, and this is the reply you give to someone who was offering up what happened to someone they know??

the advice in this thread is simple...

1. When the police come a-knockin' DONT SAY ANYTHING!!! Ask for a lawyer, if you do not already have one on retainer. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ELSE.

The Cops will not help you if you're honest. They are allowed to lie to you.

2. Get a lawyer. NOW. Get on on retainer if possible, and do so quickly. This is non-negotiable. You DO NOT want a Public Pretender for this. Get a real lawyer, do a couple free consultations. Find one that you are comfortable with and tell them the entire story so that they are prepared when the time comes. If you are having problems locating one, call your State Bar Association and they will give you a referral.

3. STOP DOING DRUGS NOW. Full stop, Cold Turkey. Go to meetings, get into rehab. Obviously you can't handle this game. Dont worry. Its not for everybody.

Bottom line....

You're already lucky as hell that you're not kicked out of your Mother's living space. (I'm sorry if you don't live with her, it just sounds that way from your posts.) You're lucky she hasn't beat the living shit out of you for putting her job in jeopardy, and her legally in jeopardy as well.

Because you gotta face it, there is no proof she wasnt assisting you in this beside your and her word. And once the other prescriptions are discovered, your word will be shot to shit worse than it currently is.

So buck up, Lash LeRue... You could be homeless, disowned, or even sitting in jail had the pharmacist called the police.

Sorry if this sounds harsh... but I really dont know what you are looking for here.

Your post comes off as it's Walgreens fault that you or swim CHOSE to forge scripts for schedule II Meds.
I say man the fuck up and take responsibility. I hate people that blames others for their actions. You could have said no but instead you chose yes. Now because of your choice you are going to suffer consequences. We don't get off on people's poor choices. This is a harm reduction site. What did you expect? Us to think your so cool?

Best thing to do is talk to a lawyer NOW. When it's a federal offense there's not much wiggling out of it. They are going to fuck you in ways that you've never thought.

CAN I GET AN AMEN UP IN HERE???????

SpiKed
10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
i appreciate all the advice, but you guys are awfully harsh for people that are 99% likely high themselves as they type this .. and i dont live at home with my mom ive been paying rent on my own since i was 17 and im 25 now, and theres ways to give advice without sounding condescending, especially on a website dedicated to opiate use, i doubt any of you are perfect so please dont try to sound that way ...when did i blame someone else for my problems.. i said it so many times I FUCKED UP it was STUPID .. i dont mean to sound unappreciative but have you guys actually read some of what you wrote .. its like wtf talk about holier than though

fearofnormalcy
10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
i appreciate all the advice, but you guys are awfully harsh for people that are 99% likely high themselves as they type this .. and i dont live at home with my mom ive been paying rent on my own since i was 17 and im 25 now, and theres ways to give advice without sounding condescending, especially on a website dedicated to opiate use, i doubt any of you are perfect so please dont try to sound that way ...when did i blame someone else for my problems.. i said it so many times I FUCKED UP it was STUPID .. i dont mean to sound unappreciative but have you guys actually read some of what you wrote .. its like wtf talk about holier than though

We may be high while posting (I'm actually clean now), but we didn't forge scripts.

BTW, my wife is a doctor and attempted to call herself in opiates two years ago. The pharmacy called to verify, and spoke with the head of the practice. Even as a doctor, it's illegal to call yourself in a script. Luckily, they didn't press charges. She has had her medical license suspended, and has to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it back ($10,000 fine, community service, random drug tests, etc.). It's what brought us to NA and got us into recovery.

Even though the only one that was even a schedule were the opiates, they went back and examined all of her other scripts, and tacked on 43 other meds they couldn't verify, like calling in refills on her birth control. I don't know about PA, but in FL, it doesn't matter what schedule a forged script is...you could have forged 800mg ibuprofen and gotten in the same amount of trouble, it's just less likely that they would have caught it seeing how it's not a scheduled drug. Script forgery is script forgery, plain and simple.

Without a record, you're likely to make it through this without a massive prison sentence, but as has been suggested, use this as a positive, not a negative. Get into rehab, or at least start going to NA meetings voluntarily. Make sure you get something signed by the chairperson (a meeting list will suffice), because the judge sure isn't going to take your word for it. Get a lawyer (Legal Aid if you can't afford one).

Count your blessings that you get to wake up every morning...some of us make fatal mistakes.

upstate_007
10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
it seems like some people on here revere in other peoples problems or get some sick joy out of it ...

Fuck yeah we do. Most of us have fucked up real bad multiple times before. In a sick way, it tickles me to read other peoples tales. I do feel for you though. I truly do. I know how scary it is, especially the first time you get involved with the law.

That made me laugh. Seriously. Well played.

but if the doc was checking every script that went through wouldnt they have noticed 6 months ago?

No. We mean that the doc WILL DO a check on recent scripts now that he knows you had your hand in the cookie jar.

And about the harshness.... The one thing we all agree on here is that busting scripts is dumb. It's about the only thing we all agree on. You know what you did was dumb, and that is good. Some others do not have the sense or self awareness to realize what they did was dumb.

More Feen
10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Wow. I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but you got big brass ones, that's for sure.

I think that once its been determined that an attempt has been made to use a certain Doctor's Rx/DEA# illicitly, they will backtrack to see if its been used recently: the doctor will now have a REASON to double check his/her records--even if otherwise, they wouldn't.

Good advice above: I was weak, under the influence, not thinking straight, but I realize I was wrong and am trying to make ammends.

Best of luck to you,

M F

TheTalkingAsshole
10-05-2011, 01:31 PM
hey, this kid fucked up. but you know what, he did what a good majority of us would have done
if we were in his situation. yes it was not executed properly, but shit happens.

theres really no need to make this guy feel like shit. he obviously realizes that he fucked up big time
but now he's just trying to get some advice as to what steps to take next.

Count Zero
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM

His tone ain't sympathetic but he did an excellent job of summarizing the advice you've been given in this thread at the bottom of the post. The only advice I'll add to that list is print it out, tape it to the wall and start putting it into action. Good luck & be strong and proactive.

chopstix
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I haven't read anything in this thread that seems overly harsh - you expected twinkies and blow jobs??

Take the advice *you asked for,* and run with it..

nick
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah,you've really fucked up-how badly remains to be seen.Find a lawyer,check out treatment and most importantly LEARN from it,huh.
Good luck,man.

Forging scripts is addictive and never ends well.

Dolofinell
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM

First I would'nt say 99% here are high, Im on maintenance as are many and we also have a ton of CP'rs as well, that's not being high. IDK just got out of work, dont feel like typing much, but having no history will help, but being 25 and not 18 might hurt a bit. I've been to prison once, 22mths, jail for some 6 month stretches, but the last bars I saw were 9 yrs ago at age 21.

If you have a really good job (income) which I doubt because you were selling the pills to support your dope habit, you could get a good lawyer, maybe get shit dropped to high misdemeanors, expungment, etc. If when they come a knockin' you ask for a public defender and use s/he your fucked, at least if you were in the county I'm in. I'm pretty well read on how the circuit court judges here sentence, and if it is a state case I bet you'd get a yr in the county jail here w/ no record, min.

Like someone said above CZ I think, you better start kickin/tapering now, doing it on a cement floor/bench with a blanket, locked in a cell is no fun, and there comin', thats's for damn sure, there comin'.

Oh and Opiophile is dedicated more toward Harm Reduction while using opiates, not "dedicated to using opiates" thanks. Good Luck man, try and get some bail money or someone to pay it set up VERY soon.

LorTabitha
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Get off the internet and get on the phone. Find an attorney and then head to rehab immediately. Do not talk to police until advised to do so by your attorney. That is all you need to know/do.

I have known people who were put on probation for the same charges and people who've done some time. We don't know what's going to happen in your case. An attorney might. Call one NOW.

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
You still here? I'd stop posting and get going with the advice you've already been given, 'cos the clock's tickin'.

Thanat0s
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM

LOL!

u mad?

seriously, no one was even 'harsh...'
you been in this game HOW long?

point we making is:
1.you fucked up.
2.it could get real bad.
3.tips to 'fix' your situ as much as is possible.
4.you fucked up your mom's life likely.
5.THINK ABOUT IT.

no shit most of us are high, where the fuck you think youre posting?
you want advice from 'straight' folk?

listen to the advice, shut the fuck up, and get fucking BUSY.

you have a LOT to do if you wanna stay out of a long jail term and not totally ruin the rest of your moms life.

you do know why/how this happened right?
it aint our fault. YOU did some really dumb shit with a script pad.
now the doc and your mom and you are likely pretty fucked.

man the fuck up.
YOU SHIT THE BED.
CLEAN IT UP, NOW.

weve all done worse for the most part
so you asked the right people.
fucking LISTEN to us.

NOW.

edit:
even though 'mommy' is involved,
you do know you might wind up doing a good stretch in jail/prison, right?
your mom will prob lose her job and have a real big fucking black mark in her employment history for the rest of her life...

and you say WE are harsh?
we didnt fuck our moms over...

well, not in THIS case,
at least.

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh, and stop cataloguing all this stuff for the court to read (which has happened before). I don't think the SWIM defense'll stand up much, since you dropped it a few posts back and we basically know that you're the only one involved here. It won't take the DEA long to figure it out either.

Hope you're already outta here dealing with this shit.

Either that or Spiked is already in the pokey.

dizzle
10-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Why do you keep mentioning what Walgreens it was?? This could have happened at any of them. Stop blaming them.

You got caught! Not everyone is gonna be nice about it. The DEA and State Police arent gonna be nice about this. Neither is Bubba in the next cell over who is gonna love watching you shower.

You fucked up. If you can't do the time, dont to the crime.

I have a little sympathy that you're gonna do time. You sound like a young kid, and prison is not a playground.

I'm sorry if I sound cold, cruel or vicious. But thats how I am, so it tends to come out that way.

Man he already said he feels like shit. He already said he knows it was his fault and no one else's.

Do you have to be an assbag all the time?? It's seriously unnecessary, I bet if he had a vagina and internet flirted with you , you wouldn't be acting like such a prick to him. Hell, you'd probably come to his defense.....

JUNKYJAY
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I aint gonna say whats's already been said but. I know someone who was in the same boat as you ( mommys friends wih the doc) and this person was photocopying the scripts. get oxycotin 40mg #120 and would make 10 copys and get them all filled paying cash!. This went well for 6 months till they went in to see the doctor and the doctor had copys of ALL yes ALL the forgued scripts so to answer your question Yes he will find out and NO your mom won;t keep her job over the doctors licence sorry. The world of hurt has just begun Please start to get help your only chance is first offence and say your so strung out you didnt know what you where doing. Oh and the persons mom got fired DR licence suspended and the person did 3 years and this is in Canada where you can kill someone get 25yrs and be out in 5 LOL

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I think he/she is long gone. For what reason I cannot say.

Hope we weren't too pessimistic:

http://icooltv.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/suicide.jpg

Still, does no good to sugarcoat things.

sfgiant
10-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Ah man that's crazy...some of the stupid, dumb-ass shit that we do never ceases to surprise/amaze me...I wonder where the OP is now and what he/she is doing to try to make the best out of this, or if it's already too late

ZodiacKiller
10-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Well, I for one, wanna know the outcome/fallout/whatever of the story. It's like reading a good book only to find the last half of the last chapter torn out.

Although in this case, I can guess what's gonna happen. I suspect he'll be meeting some folks from the same organization that I did, and they're gonna try to coerce him into doing bad things to people he knows. Hopefully he'll do what everyone suggests and shut his mouth and take his lumps.

ZK

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Well, I for one, wanna know the outcome/fallout/whatever of the story. It's like reading a good book only to find the last half of the last chapter torn out.

Although in this case, I can guess what's gonna happen. I suspect he'll be meeting some folks from the same organization that I did, and they're gonna try to coerce him into doing bad things to people he knows. Hopefully he'll do what everyone suggests and shut his mouth and take his lumps.

ZK

He/she (is it a he for sure?) will either come back with a 'got on probie phew' story, or not at all.

Not at all is bad. As is a DA emailing Opie's mods/owners to subpoena pages from this thread for later use in court (is that possible? Would they even bother asking?).

I'm half-serious 'bout that last one.

Dolofinell
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
+1 on the last half of the last chapter missing ZK, curious myself, he hasnt logged back in since 2:50ish this afternoon. When I seen that I got that instant flashback of being booked at county before riding out to quarantine(90 days of isolating you before bussing you to your joint, NOT of choice, to do your bit). I swear I can smell the county poke right now, wearing that thick heavy polyester, constant drone of steel clanging steel at 2A.M., CO's yapping about shit elsewhere( the bar, their girl, etc.) inch thick mattresses and 2000 calories a day of slop.
Anyway sorry for that rant, hope everything works out for you bud, check back in...and sshhhhh!

Dr. Doper
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Harsh, this isn't harsh, federal prison is harsh. You are going to either end up doing a stint in federal prison or a intensive probation program and i don't believe Philly has the latter. Go to Rehab, Don't talk to the cops ( that doesn't matter too much, all the info they need is there, don't bury yourself more though), Get a lawyer who knows people. I'm sorry to beat this dead horse but i can't believe you went to a chain and used insurance. Good luck you will definitely need it.

nick
10-05-2011, 09:15 PM
He/she (is it a he for sure?) will either come back with a 'got on probie phew' story, or not at all.

Not at all is bad. As is a DA emailing Opie's mods/owners to subpoena pages from this thread for later use in court (is that possible? Would they even bother asking?).

I'm half-serious 'bout that last one.

I doubt they'd bother in this case-hell,they've got everything they need already.

Candy Heart
10-05-2011, 09:17 PM

ZK
I keep checking back in on this thread to see if he has posted, and to my disappointment nothing....

I hope we didn't scare the poor guy off

Indy
10-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I don't think it's out of the question that the doctor might not bother to look into it. After all, he doesn't really have any reason to believe that wasn't the only forgery. OR he might even choose not to look into it out of respect for his employee. I wouldn't count on it, might wanna talk to a lawyer, but it's within the realm of possibility that you could get away with this.

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I hope we didn't scare the poor guy off

If he left of his own free will he's a lucky man.

I don't think it's out of the question that the doctor might not bother to look into it. After all, he doesn't really have any reason to believe that wasn't the only forgery. OR he might even choose not to look into it out of respect for his employee. I wouldn't count on it, might wanna talk to a lawyer, but it's within the realm of possibility that you could get away with this.

The doc could lose his license at best, or go to jail at worst over this. I wouldn't say there's a chance in hell this'll be overlooked.

'Dodged the bullet' would be both an understatement and a miracle.

ZodiacKiller
10-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Indy, my thoughts on this are that docs are so intimidated by DEA gestapo tactics and prosecutions that ANY perceived risk to their licenses would have them reporting the slightest whiff of wrongdoing. And the whole "snitch" thing aside, if you had 8-10 years of college, years of residency, established your own practice, and given todays focus on prescription drug policy by said DEA, do you think you'd risk it all to protect one junky kid who swiped your Rx pad? Just sayin'....

ZK

SHELLEY
10-05-2011, 09:32 PM
admitting your guilt on a public forum couldn't have helped your case
unless you really think that "swim" garbage will protect you in court...?

sucks to be you, my friend
lawyer up and stfu

josh667
10-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I think he/she is long gone. For what reason I cannot say.

Hope we weren't too pessimistic:

http://icooltv.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/suicide.jpg

Still, does no good to sugarcoat things.
Is that pic really needed man? Kind of fucked up to suggest that, even if what the OP did was stupid/wrong/fucked up

Did you forget that a well respected member here was lost in a similar way JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO??

I'm not for being overly sensitive towards people's feelings too awful much, but suggesting that the OP hang himself is not in the spirit of HARM REDUCTION

Get off your high fucking horse, cowboy, no one thinks your tough or cool with your insensitive remarks.

Maddi May
10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
^^ Ditto!

herm1t
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
WOW OP you are literally the most retarded script forger ever, did you really think ANY of these would work? Putting it through YOUR own insurance? Putting YOUR real name on the pads and using YOUR ID? Using a script pad stolen off a person that knows YOUR face? Going to a chain pharmacy (probably looking like a dope fiend)? you would have got caught eventually, walgreens just sped that up.

Dont say shit to cops, or to anyone except a lawyer, start going to NA meetings, get them signed and hope for the best. Boy, you dumb and selfish.

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Is that pic really needed man? Kind of fucked up to suggest that, even if what the OP did was stupid/wrong/fucked up

Did you forget that a well respected member here was lost in a similar way JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO??

I'm not for being overly sensitive towards people's feelings too awful much, but suggesting that the OP hang himself is not in the spirit of HARM REDUCTION

Get off your high fucking horse, cowboy, no one thinks your tough or cool with your insensitive remarks.

Um, I was just kidding. That pic's fake/staged (and you're reposting it).

Read the prior remark:

"Hope we weren't too pessimistic:"

Had no idea someone committed suicide from here recently. You think I seriously want someone to do that to themselves? OP isn't here btw.

Wanna chew me out some more, take it to the PBOYIC. I'm not in the mood...

Mods'll take it down if there's a problem. Last sentence wasn't called for, I don't see any high horse anywhere, a simple warning would have sufficed. My remarks are moderate compared to others (I was in fact suggesting we might have been too harsh). Don't find your response to be any cooler than I am.

Wasn't a good way to put it, I admit, and I apologise, but that response wasn't called for either.

SHELLEY
10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
i appreciate all the advice, but you guys are awfully harsh for people that are 99% likely high themselves as they type this \

if anyone in this thread is talking shit about you getting high, this statement might have a leg to stand on
the 99% (doubtful number) of us who are extremely high while typing this aren't possibly facing fed time for script forging
success and failure in this game, contrary to what is taught in "recovery",
is usually not about what substance enters or doesn't enter your body
it's about everything else in your life
getting caught forging scripts is a failure, full stop
we all fuck up, sure, but this one is big and you gotta lawyer up and stfu
nothing else matters, especially not anyone talking (deserved) shit to you on the forum
"holier than thou" my white ass, simply smarter than thou

addicts love to use excuses for not listening to folks
if the person giving advice is a teetotaler, then it's "you don't understand what i'm going through"
if the person giving advice is a junkie too, then it's "you're such a hypocrite what gives you the right to tell me..."
fuckin' defensive-ass rationalization and blame passing is all it is
truth hurts, no?

now get the fuck off the internet and lawyer the fuck up already

josh667
10-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Um, I was just kidding. That pic's fake/staged.

Read the prior remark:

"Hope we weren't too pessimistic:"

Had no idea someone committed suicide from here recently. You think I seriously want someone to do that to themselves? OP isn't here btw.

Wanna chew me out more, take it to the PBOYIC. I'm not in the mood...

Mods'll take it down if there's a problem. Last sentence wasn't called for, I don't see any high horse anywhere, a simple warning would have sufficed. My remarks are moderate compared to others.
I'm not going to waste anymore time with you, have no fear.....

But I will say this: Maybe if you actually READ past threads instead of posting every 5 minutes, you would know that someone very dear to alot of people did commit suicide a while back.

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm not going to waste anymore time with you, have no fear.....

But I will say this: Maybe if you actually READ past threads instead of posting every 5 minutes, you would know that someone very dear to alot of people did commit suicide a while back.

Refresh the page, you'll see the whole response (if you want to).

You posted in 7 minutes. I've posted every 40 mins or so on this page on average. I know of members lost recently, but not in a way similar to hanging. Again, I apologise if that was too close to the mark, it was an unwise image to post in retrospect. Suicide isn't funny, and neither was that.

Back on topic, or we get booted. Discuss this with me privately if there's any further issue. We're beginning to cause a scene.

downtown
10-05-2011, 10:17 PM
not to come off as too much of a dick,,but...
the walgreens on fuckin' kensington and allegheny!?!?! c'mon you were doomed from the start

jill
10-05-2011, 10:22 PM
the walgreens on fuckin' kensington and allegheny!?!?! c'mon you were doomed from the start

Sorry, that's just bad information, accurate or not. It's an entitlement of any pharmacy and pharmacist to check into Rxs appropriately and a requirement for a license. It was just someone doing their job, and they did NOT have to follow the drs advice about calling police.

Candy Heart
10-05-2011, 10:52 PM
WOW OP you are literally the most retarded script forger ever, did you really think ANY of these would work? Putting it through YOUR own insurance? Putting YOUR real name on the pads and using YOUR ID? Using a script pad stolen off a person that knows YOUR face? Going to a chain pharmacy (probably looking like a dope fiend)? you would have got caught eventually, walgreens just sped that up.

Dont say shit to cops, or to anyone except a lawyer, start going to NA meetings, get them signed and hope for the best. Boy, you dumb and selfish.

Good thing you came back and summarized what everyone else already said. I didn't think he figured it out yet.
*sarcasm*

Fat Pie
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Good thing you came back and summarized what everyone else already said. I didn't think he figured it out yet.
*sarcasm*

I think he's gone, and we all know it.

And I meant what I said, I hope he hasn't hurt himself. I sure know that I'd be feeling pretty fuckin' depressed if I read all that in one go.

downtown
10-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry, that's just bad information, accurate or not. It's an entitlement of any pharmacy and pharmacist to check into Rxs appropriately and a requirement for a license. It was just someone doing their job, and they did NOT have to follow the drs advice about calling police.

Could you explain how my comment was bad information?

Kensington and Allegheny is an infamous intersection in the Badlands, which you may or may not know is the 'hot spot' for basically any drug in Philly. Being that its basically on the corner of one of the busiest intersections in one of [if not the worst] areas of the city, im sure the pharmacist have seen many forged scripts and deal with this bullshit on a daily basis. I understand they were just doing their jobs, and they did NOT have to follow the doctors advise. I was simply stating, in a joking matter nonetheless, that going to that specific pharmacy was a very very very dumb move. Even dumber then forging scripts. I know everyones luck runs out eventually and if you forge scripts 99% chance youre going to get busted, but he shouldve just stuck to his regular routine and waited for another day. More or less, my comment was made in a joking matter. Im sure Philly heads will back me up about him choosing that specific pharmacy. Notice how his luck didnt run out until he stupidly choose to use a chain pharmacy on one of the busiest intersections in the worst area of Philly. Just sayin'.

edit:i do get what you are saying though. the pharmacist were just doing their job. i just dont see how this was bad info. going to that pharmacy was definitely NOT A GOOD MOVE. his luck was gonna run out eventually. going there just sped it up a little bit :)

borohydride
10-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Can his defence lawyer use the 'your honour - this guy is a f**kwit! He owned up to what he did, is undergoing treatment for his addiction & feels terrible guilt over destroying his moms career'.

This helps in the UK....

ZodiacKiller
10-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Can his defence lawyer use the 'your honour - this guy is a f**kwit! He owned up to what he did, is undergoing treatment for his addiction & feels terrible guilt over destroying his moms career'.

This helps in the UK....

Not so much here, I'm afraid. At least with federal felony offenses. Despite the fact that the law was changed so that now federal judges are no longer required to sentence according the Sentencing Commission guidlines, the fact is that the majority of them still do. I read somewhere recently in the realm of 80%..

So dependent on what he's charged with, if he has priors, etc..., he'll likely be sentenced to a guideline sentence based on his offense level (for instance, mine ended up being an offense level of 23, calling for a guideline sentence of 46-57 months -- there is a chart --and that's what the judge gave me: 46 months). Of course, if, as I posted before, he decides to do the unspeakable and do bad things to his friends on behalf of the gov't, well, that changes the equation considerably...

ZK

Junkette
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I myself, am super curious as to what will happen. It seems completely impossible that the doctor won't go back and look into what rxs have been filled under their number.

How does the doctor go about doing that? Do they get a list some how of all the rxs written under their license number? Even if the doctor didn't go back and look, does anyone believe the doctor will not press charges because it is an employees son? Is it illegal for a doctor to NOT report an incident like this?

It would seem to me that the doctor now has a responsibility, and as per law, must report that their rx pad was compromised.

I think the reason the op is so hopeful nothing else will come of this is because his mother still has her job...but certainly that could change very quickly once the doctor discover many other rxs were written and filled.

I don't see how the doctor could just opt to not call the police??

downtown
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
^^ depends on his record and the judge/prosecutor that hears his case. with a record for any drug related offences, id doubt thats gonna do any good really. best thing he could do is find a lawyer with connections, enter a rehab and hope they throw him a plea deal to cop out to...

Indy
10-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I dunno, I just don't see it as being IMPOSSIBLE that the doctor will just be too busy to go back and look, or choose not to. It'd be easy for the doctor to claim ignorance, anyway, as it'd be the pharmacy's fault for not verifying. I don't think the doctor would be liable unless he was made aware for certain what was going on.

Fat Pie
10-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I dunno, I just don't see it as being IMPOSSIBLE that the doctor will just be too busy to go back and look, or choose not to. It'd be easy for the doctor to claim ignorance, anyway, as it'd be the pharmacy's fault for not verifying. I don't think the doctor would be liable unless he was made aware for certain what was going on.

The DEA are real hardasses about this kinda thing; it's either Spike's ass or the doctor's ass, he's got no choice, ignorant or not, he allowed his rx's to be stolen in his office, he's either stupid or culpable in their eyes.

borohydride
10-06-2011, 01:42 AM

If the Doc had scripts go missing, it's theft or his involvement, surely?

Looks like we will see the guy posting in 4-5 years (presuming no priors) then?

thatoneguy
10-06-2011, 02:25 AM
The only way nothing more could come out of this is if the doc is doing shady things too and having the cops dig deeper is gonna her popped

Fat Pie
10-06-2011, 02:51 AM
The only way nothing more could come out of this is if the doc is doing shady things too and having the cops dig deeper is gonna her popped

Then they have even more of a chance of catching on to this scam; what if the doc's already under investigastion?

borohydride
10-06-2011, 06:22 AM
At the very least, get some top addiction specialist to help - can also appear in defence 'addiction alters peoples judgement..... guy now clean, guilty..... needs a lot more help - prison won't give the help he needs.....'

Type of a thing.

clinton
10-06-2011, 06:44 AM
do what chopstix and lortabitha said
quit acting like the doc wont double check ,the prior scripts will be discovered

quit the opiates asap, kicking at home is a helluva alot better than in prison

go into rehab, show your making steps to get better and that youre trying to make it work

dont post any more info on here

get it together man, this isnt going away

sorry man
its hard:frown:

jill
10-06-2011, 07:09 AM

Not that simple, the DEA will mandate what happens, whether the dr wants to cooperate or not.

thatoneguy
10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
quit acting like the doc wont double check ,the prior scripts will be discovered

go into rehab, show your making steps to get better and that youre trying to make it work

sorry man

Personally I think kicking decent jail is the way to go cause I know I'm not getting dope so it takes most the mental shit away for me, but yeah dude is screwed.

reddragon3668
10-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Just a thought:

We have people trolling this site with ill intent. You posting this with the name of the streets where the Walgreens is at could very easily prompt someone to call said Walgreens and tell them that you are spouting off about it on such and such forum. Armed with your user name, I am sure it wouldn't be too hard for LE to get your IP and from there, prove that you wrote such and such and in that case, I don't think SWIM is going to save your ass. Don't dismiss it. I had facebook statuses and blog post thrown at me recently in a worker's compensation case.

So, best advice given here, is STFU. Seriously. No cops, stop talking about the shit, get yourself an attorney and do everything you can to avoid prosecution. I would NOT cop to anything until I had too. I am still trying to get over the fact that you used your real name and insurance. Do they require Driver's License checks to pick up certain scripts in your state? There's a million things you should not have done, such as not writing the first script. But, all that is moot at this point.

If charged, do every thing you can to avoid the worse penalties. Other than that, there's nothing more you can do.

Sydewayz
10-06-2011, 09:04 AM
My Dr wrote me a 3 month supply of xanax 5 a day which equals to 450 and I even told them it was for 3 months when I dropped it off.. They thought I changed the 1 to a 4 called my Dr and the police luckily someone at the office told them it was 450 150x3=450, that was the last time I used Wal-Mart.

Princess Kitty
10-06-2011, 09:08 AM

ZK

He doesn't come off as the type to take responsibility. I do hope he let's people know the outcome. I doubt he will since we were all picking on him

Sydewayz
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
This is typical of 99.9% of people who forge scripts, they eventually get sloppy, and get caught.

The doctor can absolutely find out about the other scripts is he or she wants to. Your friend is lucky the pharmacist didn't ignore the doctor's request to not call the police right then and there, the pharmacist had every right to do so.

Your friend is in deep, deep shit, no nice way of putting it. This isn't something that you just get a "warning" for...

Same thing with bank robbers they might get away the first time and think they will not ever get caught.. My step brother is living proof of that, got away with 2 and caught the 3rd time

SpiKed
10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
i dont know where you guys get the idea that i am irresponsible in other facets of life; ive been working full time since i was a junior in high school and all through college , i pay all my own bills and rent, i dont look like a junkie, as a matter of fact people are shocked when they find out i even do anything, ive spoken to a lawyer and i will be meeting with him and filling him in so he is on retainer .. my mom worked today and said that the doctor didnt mention anything, but of course that doesnt mean anything so im still going to have a lawyer on retainer ... i wish it was so easy to just QUIT everything right now i really do, if i could do that itd be done already .. im definitely going to look into outpatient rehab or meetings i can attend after work ... im praying to god that theres some slip up in the time space continuum and the doctor just lets this go ... thanks for all the advice i will keep you guys posted as much as i can .. and i have no plans on snitcing on anyone ... all i can do is pray .. wish me luck ... god forbid if shit does hit the fan, i am LEGITIMATELY prescribed 2mg xanax 3x a day and 20mg adderall 3x a day and in the booklet it says it can cause abnormal drug seeking behavior, my defense is just that, looking back i dont even know what i was doing, its all a haze .. i pray it doesnt go that far, but im preparing for the worst ...

borohydride
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
i dont know where you guys get the idea that i am irresponsible in other facets of life....

errr....

SpiKed
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
im talking about the people who assume i still live at home or dont work and stuff like that

LorTabitha
10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
ive spoken to a lawyer and i will be meeting with him and filling him in so he is on retainer ... im definitely going to look into outpatient rehab or meetings i can attend after work ...

GOOD and GOOD. Start going to NA meetings immediately. Today. In Philly there's a meeting every day somewhere close by. GO EVERY DAY. Make sure you have it notated that you attended the meetings. Try to get clean now, in case you do end up in jail. That is NOT a good place to kick.

You are doing some of the right things. Keep going in that direction. I hope it works out for you, I really do. :-)

borohydride
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
If worst comes to the worst then get someone to post your new address & I will send this:

http://www.thedailydust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/file-cake.jpg

Dr. Doper
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Personally I think kicking decent jail is the way to go cause I know I'm not getting dope so it takes most the mental shit away for me, but yeah dude is screwed.

I agree, kicking in jail is easier than anywhere else for me. I know I am stuck and can't cop anything, it really makes the mental aspect much easier. Everyone is making kicking in prison look worse than it is.

Also I am aware kicking is hard, but there is a solid chance you are going to federal prison, if that doesn't make you wanna quit for a few weeks until you get a handle on whats happening, you are just stupid. I know what addicts do i am one. However I received charges for burglary x2, Theft By Unlawful Taking x2, Criminal Trespassing x2, and Receiving Stolen Property x4, so I did have a similar situation. Go to INPATIENT REHAB, do outpatient after, you have to do everything to help yourself. Quit drugs now, if you cant, you really need inpatient. Get a good lawyer. Go to AA meetings daily and document your presence. I am currently on State Intensive Probation for 6 years, I have to do Treatment court for 3 years which is more intense. However I got off easy, I was facing a 6-12 year sentence or more, but it was my first offense and I did everything I possibly can. Don't half ass it if you want to stay out of jail.

Count Zero
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
i dont know where you guys get the idea that i am irresponsible in other facets of life; ive been working full time since i was a junior in high school and all through college , i pay all my own bills and rent, i dont look like a junkie, as a matter of fact people are shocked when they find out i even do anything, ive spoken to a lawyer and i will be meeting with him and filling him in so he is on retainer .. my mom worked today and said that the doctor didnt mention anything, but of course that doesnt mean anything so im still going to have a lawyer on retainer ... i wish it was so easy to just QUIT everything right now i really do, if i could do that itd be done already .. im definitely going to look into outpatient rehab or meetings i can attend after work ... im praying to god that theres some slip up in the time space continuum and the doctor just lets this go ... thanks for all the advice i will keep you guys posted as much as i can .. and i have no plans on snitcing on anyone ... all i can do is pray .. wish me luck ... god forbid if shit does hit the fan, i am LEGITIMATELY prescribed 2mg xanax 3x a day and 20mg adderall 3x a day and in the booklet it says it can cause abnormal drug seeking behavior, my defense is just that, looking back i dont even know what i was doing, its all a haze .. i pray it doesnt go that far, but im preparing for the worst ...

Well done so far. It would be great if you could somehow slide on this but you're doing the right thing to be proactive in case it bites you in the ass. The passage of time is a good thing...

blinky89
10-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Well done so far. It would be great if you could somehow slide on this but you're doing the right thing to be proactive in case it bites you in the ass. The passage of time is a good thing...

it a lot of cases, time passing IS a good thing. you know, time passes, tempers cool, memories fade....but this is a situation where there a trail that even Barney Fyfe could follow that wont go away.....

OP- best of wishes to you buddy. when i was high school i got into some trouble over a stupid (but brilliant) prank on the wrong person...the kids mom worked with and was fucking the DA so...yea.....

but as others have said, DO NOT TALK TO COPS WITHOUT A LAWYER!!!! they showed up at my door and being the scared and freaked out kid that i was, i spilled my guts to them and that ended up being the only evidence they had against me....even though they SAID that there was all this other evidence and i was screwed and the only way to help myself out was to tell them everything. so yea, again, DONT TALK TO FUCKIN PIGS.

Locke
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
im praying to god that theres some slip up in the time space continuum and the doctor just lets this go ... thanks for all the advice i will keep you guys posted as much as i can .. and i have no plans on snitcing on anyone ... all i can do is pray .. wish me luck ... god forbid if shit does hit the fan, i am LEGITIMATELY prescribed 2mg xanax 3x a day and 20mg adderall 3x a day and in the booklet it says it can cause abnormal drug seeking behavior, my defense is just that, looking back i dont even know what i was doing, its all a haze .. i pray it doesnt go that far, but im preparing for the worst ...

Nice to see a change in your tone. I don't mean anything offensive by this, but I think some of the flack you got was due to you sounding like you didn't/don't deserve this and shouldn't have to face the consequences. I wish you the best of luck in all sincerity. Whatever happens, you'll sure have an interesting story to tell even if it came from doing something completely moronic.

SHELLEY
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
god forbid if shit does hit the fan, i am LEGITIMATELY prescribed 2mg xanax 3x a day and 20mg adderall 3x a day and in the booklet it says it can cause abnormal drug seeking behavior, my defense is just that, looking back i dont even know what i was doing, its all a haze

seriously, your meds made you write fake scripts? that's what you're gonna tell the judge?
i think you'd be better off with "the devil made me do it"

ZodiacKiller
10-06-2011, 04:31 PM
i think you'd be better off with "the devil made me do it"

Why does he always have to take the blame for everyone's fuckups?

ZK

gameface
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Spike'd,
You are in for a world of hurt. It sounds like you are taking some steps to make it hurt a little less. You have been given very solid advice by other members here. Please read and understand the following Please:

1) ALL of the phony scripts you wrote will come to light.

There is no way the doc/ dea/ local LEO are just gonna stop with what they have, and not do ANY digging. Therefore you will need to be prepared for this, and make sure you are 100% honest with your attorney. Tell him/ her EVERYTHING you have done related to this situation.

2) You mom could very well lose her job.

In order to avoid this she will need to completely give you up to the DR/ Authorities. Dont blame her, or even be upset with her in anyway. She didnt fuck up, you did. And your fuck up has far reaching consequences to innocent people. Think about it like this: If moms loses her job, who is gonna help you with lawyer fees

3) You have retained an attorney, Good Job.

Did you make sure to hire a lawyer with a good rep and lots of experience in this kind of case? Did you make sure he/ she has experience dealing with the Feds? Please dont tell us that you just went with the cheapest one, or the first lawyer that could get you in for a consult. Again, dont say anything to the cops, or the Doctor w/o your lawyer present. We cannot stress this enough

4) Regarding Rehab/ Meetings.

I dont know what your health insurance situation is like, but get yourself into a In-Patient program ASAP. Getting on MMT or Bupe might be a good idea too. It will at least make you quitting illicit opiates that much easier. In the meantime whilst waiting for a treatment program, attend and document as many meeting as possible.

Now as for what happens WHEN you get charged:

If it stays a state case, you might get off with drug court which is at least two years of intense supervision. This means possible daily UA's. Basically who are assigned a color, and every morning you'll have to call up and see if your color is getting piss-tested that day. They can and will test you back to back/ everyday of the week in the beginning. They will be testing for everything, as it gets sent off to a lab. They have even developed a test for alcohol that can go back a few days. This is where Bupe or methadone comes into play. I have never met an opi addict that was able to complete drug court, that was not on some form of maintenance. Hell Ive only known 3 people that have ever completed drug court w/o doing a substantial amount of their OG sentence period. If you pee dirty, they will "sanction" you. The first time its 1-5 days in jail, after that its more time, this is up to the drug court judge. After a few fuck-ups (again up to the judge) they can and will revoke your drug court agreement and then you have to do the rest of your time in jail/ prison. If they dont accept you for drug court, or your state doesnt have that prepare for at least some jail time. Id hazard a guess of anywhere from 30 days to a few years.

Now, if you get charged with Federal crime its a whole different ballgame. There is no drug court. Your way out of doing hard time with the feds is to give them a bigger fish to fry. Im sure you know how we all feel about being a snitch, so tread lightly. If you stand up like a man and refuse to narc someone off, you may still be able to co-operate. This consists of telling them how EVERYTHING went down, for a reduced sentence/ plea agreement. Your lawyer can advise you there, and again dont say or agree to shit w/o an attorney present. Best case scenario, you might get off with a year or two, but remember this is Fed time, so you do the whole bid. No 1/2 or 3/4 time like with the state. If they dont wanna deal or you take it to trail and lose, prepare to do a good solid chunk of time. Im thinking up to 10 years if you go to trial and lose. You are really gonna want to strike a deal. The feds do not like going to trial and will crack you off proper if you are found guilty.

I know much of what I posted has been said by other members, so take our collective advice and get a handle on this situation. Feeling sorry for yourself aint gonna keep the alphabet boys at bay. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Hookahed
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
How does the doctor go about doing that? Do they get a list some how of all the rxs written under their license number?

Here in the US all States are required by the DEA to have Prescription Monitoring Programs. Any MD, Pharmacist and even local LE, DEA can log onto this system and see the prescription records. They can be pulled up by prescribing doctor, patient, pharmacy, drug prescribed...whatever.

And like Jill said the doctor will be required to fill out forms etc if they hope to keep their license to prescribe scheduled substances.

hovadagod
10-06-2011, 06:54 PM

No but the DEA number is marked by the kind of practice. the 2 letters i believe indicate what the doctor does.

Good luck. Sorry you got caught before you got smart.

Michael.
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I guess it depends where you live. I've been charged a few times for forging prescriptions, back when I was 16 and 17. First time I claimed I'd just found it all filled out and handed it in. They never checked to see that I'd done it 5+ other times without being caught. I got given a suspended sentence on the grounds that I was good and never did anything naughty again.

So obviously, being a dumb teenager, I did it again a few months later and got caught straight away. This time they knew I didn't find it and noticed there was a bit more to this innocent and curious act I was putting on. Got given 75 hours community service for it, along with possession of a switchblade when I was arrested. But that's really a slap on the wrist.

gameface
10-06-2011, 07:03 PM
^^ Wow. Must be nice not living in the US. Someone here would never get away from serious time, especially the second time. Where ru from btw?

Fat Pie
10-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I can't help but think that if we'd been able to engage with the OP when he first joined, then this whole mess might have been avoidable.

jill
10-06-2011, 07:11 PM
No but the DEA number is marked by the kind of practice. the 2 letters i believe indicate what the doctor does.

Good luck. Sorry you got caught before you got smart.

A little OT, but the first letter is an A (ended in about 1988), and then switched to B's, now the B's are gone and they are going to F's. The second letter is always the prescriber's first initial of their last name and then the 7 numbers that all have a mathematical relationship.

All DEA numbers have 2 alpha characters followed by the 7 numbers.

Junkette
10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I guess the real question behind my questions is this...

How long will it be before the OP knows how fucked he is? I'm taking that this all came to light on 10/5.....10/4.....how long will it be before the cops get involved or the dea...a few more days? A week?

hovadagod
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
A little OT, but the first letter is an A (ended in about 1988), and then switched to B's, now the B's are gone and they are going to F's. The second letter is always the prescriber's first initial of their last name and then the 7 numbers that all have a mathematical relationship.

All DEA numbers have 2 alpha characters followed by the 7 numbers.

My bad.

Hopefully OP gets off without being arrested. That would be good luck for him
Hop

Sinderella
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
he works full time to pay rent so rehab would be very hard

Before I finish reading I just wanted to reply to this... I apologize if someone else has already said it but I hadnt read it yet.... But I mean wouldnt it be harder to pay your rent from jail??

ZodiacKiller
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Now, if you get charged with Federal crime its a whole different ballgame. There is no drug court. Your way out of doing hard time with the feds is to give them a bigger fish to fry. Im sure you know how we all feel about being a snitch, so tread lightly. If you stand up like a man and refuse to narc someone off, you may still be able to co-operate. This consists of telling them how EVERYTHING went down, for a reduced sentence/ plea agreement. Your lawyer can advise you there, and again dont say or agree to shit w/o an attorney present. Best case scenario, you might get off with a year or two, but remember this is Fed time, so you do the whole bid. No 1/2 or 3/4 time like with the state. If they dont wanna deal or you take it to trail and lose, prepare to do a good solid chunk of time. Im thinking up to 10 years if you go to trial and lose. You are really gonna want to strike a deal. The feds do not like going to trial and will crack you off proper if you are found guilty.

Look, man, I appreciate what you're trying to do for the OP --- letting him know the seriousness of what he's done and the fallout of it, etc. But you're posting some incorrect info here. And please don't forget that I fucking lived this shit, and everything to follow is 100% correct.

First, you are correct that there is no drug court, however, the BOP (Bureau of Prisons) offers a drug program, called RDAP (Residential Drug Abuse Program). It takes nine months to complete (while you are incarcerated), and upon successful completion, the inmate will receive up to one year off his sentence (depending on the institution, but that is the general time-cut). It's a bullshit, worthless program, but for a fuckin' year off, who wouldn't jump through the requisite hoops? The only caveat is the inmate's prior record: anyone with a gun charge or a crime of violence is ineligible to receive the time off.

Second, in federal prison, you do not do the whole time---I dunno from where you pulled this little factoid, but it is wrong. The current amount of good time reduction is 15% (which can, of course, be taken away if you get in trouble while locked up). That means that a federal inmate does 85% of his sentence. Additionally, each federal inmate is given halfway house time, which is given as the last portion of his sentence. If you complete RDAP, you automatically receive six months half-way house. And believe me, halfway house ain't much like real prison. You know I was posting here, and hanging out at the lake, with family, etc, while I was completing my halfway house...

Third, yes, you are correct that if you take it to trial, the federal judge is gonna throw the book at you. The fed prosecutors do not want to take shit like this to trial. They will offer a plea deal. Generally, this is in exchange for not taking it to trial, first, and second, doing a little something called (and this is the official wording) "acceptance of responsibility". This is where you stand up in open court and basically "come clean" about what you've done. The judge will ask you questions and you must answer them. This earns you a one-point downward departure (reduction) from your offense level. Also, if you have no prior criminal record, you will earn what is called the safety valve (also official wording---stupid, yes I know), which is a two-point downward departure. I'm not going to go into offense levels and their corresponding sentencing guidelines (it's all online, look it up), but every crime has a particular offense level; it's a point system. Keep in mind that each point can mean a year or more off, so it's no trivial matter to seek point reductions in your offense level.

Finally, about turning CI or snitching for the fucking DEA. Yeah, this will be shoved in your face. They will push you hard to do it, threaten you with all kinds of horrible time, and it will reduce your level of cooperation in the eyes of the judge when it comes to sentencing. However, if they have no actual knowledge that you really do know anything, they will be basically digging at you, and any good lawyer should be able to discredit that. Mine did, and he was just a federal defender (I looked at about 10 private lawyers, and every single one wanted 10 grand just to start). But snitching can and will get you off the hook---unfortunate, but true. I could have avoided doing one single day in fed prison---but that meant I would have had to give up a lot of my friends. And at that time, I knew a lot of people doing a lot of shit. But I need to be able to look myself in the mirror for the rest of my life, and I just couldn't subject any friends to what I was going through. Couldn't; wouldn't. But fed inmates bandy around a little phrase that goes "Give up three--you go free". Fucked up, ain't it......

ZK

buc
10-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Your opening post on this thread is a full confession to multiple felonies..........."swim" is in deep shit.
Seriously........get an attorney, don't discuss this situation with no one but that attorney.

You might think this is crazy but.........you might want to get rid of your computer!!!
You're in big time trouble man.
Cover your ass.

Sinderella
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Ok finally finished reading everything... First off I think you have been given GREAT advice by everyone else... I just wanted to add that I too feel like they other rx's WILL come to light.. Because even if walgreens headed the doctors request not to call the police wouldnt they be compelled to call or maybe even have to call the dea to inform them of a attempted forged script on a doctors dea number?? I am not sure but it makes sense to me. And if that happens then it may take a couple days or so for the dea to pull all the records from the different pharms with ur name and such on it to send to the doctor for verification...

As far as your mom I feel bad for her.. especially if she is a nurse because this very well could cost her more than her job it could cost her her license.. Which would suck.. I hope for her sake that she is able to convince them of her innocence in this..

Great on the lawyer... I got in trouble myself back in 2001 and charged with attempting to obtain by forgery or fraud where I had changed a number on a script.. I didnt change it to a big number just from 5 to 15 but still got caught.. Luckily like you I had never been in trouble before and was able to get whats called pre trial diversion where I went to court and the judge approved my diversion.. I did 2 years of supervised probabtion and after that was up i went in front of the judge again and since I did everything I was supposed to my charges were dismissed and now dont show up anywhere..Ofcourse I will be the first to admit it HELPED that my grandfather had been chief of police in this small town in the past,was best friends with the sheriff and even though at the time was in his 70's still worked part time for the sheriffs department..So maybe my stuff would have turned out different had it not been for him...

I wish you luck.. I know that your probably worried sick waiting to see what gonna happen next..But instead of just sitting there you really need to take everyones advice and be more proactive than just getting an atty.. Get into rehab now in patient..You will qualify under the family medical leave act to be gone up to 3months and still keep your job..which if you go to jail or get charged with a felony you probably will NOT get to keep it and with a felony finding another will be difficult...

as far as everyone here being hard on you I didnt see anything they would NOT say to anyone else had they come in with the same story..even if it were me or some of the old timers.. It is what it is and they know whats up and what can be the consequences of it and are hoping if something happens and nothing comes of all this that you realize truly and totally realize the depth of what you did and what problems it may cause you or could cause you... I am like the others I wish someone had come down on my ass like that back then...maybe I would have changed things alot sooner..

bkiddo
10-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Not that this is a big deal or anything, but I'm not sure that this, if 'this' does indeed come to light, would even be a federal case. Perhaps it varies by state, but in my state all cases such as this, including mine that I posted about a few pages back, are investigated by the State Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement. They investigate, and the case is handled by the county prosecutor, and if needed, the DA calls the Narc Bureau Investigators as witnesses, along with anyone else....ie the security tapes from the various pharmacies one may have used (to prove, amongst other things, possession), the doctor who's pad was stolen, pharmacist who filled the script, and anyone else they need to prove their case.

Anyway, I just thought I would offer this, as someone who has relatively recently gone through this. Not saying that they wouldn't, but I think in cases such as this the Feds would get involved if they wanted to make a case on the doctor, over whom they have direct authority. Perhaps some states don't have their own Bureaus of Narcotic Enforcement as mine does, and if that is the case, the DEA steps in to investigate. But I think most states do, operating under the State Dept of Health.

So I think, Spiked, that if and when you have to answer for this, legally, you'll be dealing with your own State and County prisons and jails. Again, not saying this is the absolute truth, just that it is my experience, both personally and professionally.

Someone also mentioned drug court in the last few posts...and said they didn't know anyone who had completed (anyone whose DOC was opiate-related) the Drug Court program without being on some sort of Maintenance.....as a side note, the Drug Court I had to participate in, one must be weened of Sub or Methadone before being admitted into the Court on Day 1. Now, drug courts all have their own rules, obviously, but just thought I would add that as an interesting tidbit of info.

Spiked - good luck again. I hope for a resolution satisfactory for everybody involved in this little fuck-bomb you created....I'm living proof that all parties can find and come to satisfactory resolutions where everyone ends up satisfied and better in the end.

iriewon
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
ZK was pretty much spot on...not much else to add from what others have said other than with the feds shit is blank and white there is no grey area. either you did it or you didnt. you will get/serve this amount of time for said crime and thats that. yes there is a small grey area (snitching) which i highly suggest against as it is nothing you want attached to your name incase you continue to choose to persue this lifestyle and will find yourself in prison down the road. if these other rx's dont pop up which i dont see how they wont but i guess stranger things have happened consider yourself very fucking lucky. good luck op you're gonna fucking need it imo hey atleast you got a few things going for you....no record...yeah thats all i can think of. get in a rehab prog. asap (always looks good) or taper the fuck down!! you may just luck out who knows.

Thanat0s
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I can't help but think that if we'd been able to engage with the OP when he first joined, then this whole mess might have been avoidable.
why do you say things like this^^?

really, "old timer,"
why?

iriewon
10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
^^ im curious to...stupid ppl are going to do stupid shit reguardless. (no offense but this was pretty fucking stupid imo)

goodgirlgonebad
10-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Here in the US all States are required by the DEA to have Prescription Monitoring Programs. Any MD, Pharmacist and even local LE, DEA can log onto this system and see the prescription records. They can be pulled up by prescribing doctor, patient, pharmacy, drug prescribed...whatever.

And like Jill said the doctor will be required to fill out forms etc if they hope to keep their license to prescribe scheduled substances.

There are currently 48 states that have a prescription drug monitoring program.. Of those 48 states, 35 are currently operational. (Though they are in the works of course), so every state will soon. Though I don't know that the states are required to do it, but they obviously chose to implement it. Bastards.

But unfortunately for you Spiked, PA does have one:

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Prescription Monitoring Program

The Office of Attorney General is authorized by law under Title 28 PA Consolidated Statute, Chapter 25, Subchapter A, Section 25.131 to collect data regarding the dispensation of Schedule II controlled substances by pharmacies in Pennsylvania.

This function is administered by the Bureau of Narcotics Investigation (BNI), which has both criminal investigative authority and regulatory compliance authority with regard to controlled substances under Pennsylvania's drug act, commonly referred to as "Act 64".
The Office of Attorney General contracts with a private vendor for the collection of this data from pharmacies in the state. That vendor utilizes the industry standard format for data collection as developed by the American Society for Automation in Pharmacy (ASAP), with several reporting options.

Please note: Pennsylvania law requires only the reporting of Schedule II controlled substances. In addition, there is currently no legal provision for access to PMP data by non-law enforcement personnel. http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/drugs.aspx?id=5946

@Spiked, I wish you the best of luck dude. I can't even imagine what's going through your head right now & how scared you must be. I just wanted to say that I think you are handling this wonderfully, I would have flipped my shit by now. I had a very similar scare a few years ago, and it still scares the shit out of me on a daily basis (can't wait for the statute of limitations to kick in). I don't want to go into details here because my paranoid ass is terrified still.. but i'll say it involved a friend of mine who is a nurse. She was investigated by the licensing board, and it was all thanks to some cocksucker (we still dont know who it was) who decided to call in an "anonymous tip".. This was about 3 years ago and she never heard anything else about it. To this day every time one of us gets a knock on the door we just about have a heart attack. Thank GOD our state (GA) didn't have a monitoring program then, or I am 100% positive we would have been arrested, and she would have lost her license for sure.

Sorry for the long post.. hang in there, keep us updated!

Fat Pie
10-06-2011, 08:55 PM
why do you say things like this^^?

really, "old timer,"
why?

Well, because of this:

i honestly never even had a habit as of a year or so ago, so to anyone reading, it really is true, its scary how fast my habit became a daily thing .. when i joined this forum was around the first time i ever tried H, and now im at about a bundle a day of decent Kill Bill stuff ... it just got out of control so fast ...

lookin back it just seems so surreal i never in a million years thought i would ever be handling a needle .. EVER

John T Hooker
10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I wish you luck. God knows I've done some stupid things in my life for various kinds of dope. Lawyer up, get clean and play the waiting game. At least you know you're going to jail so you have time to prepare your case and get right mentally. Jail isn't so bad if you're in the right mindset. Definitely sucks for the first few weeks but try to keep yourself as busy as possible, like work out. DON'T just sit and watch TV.

I got a warrant on me right now so I feel your pain. The waiting is the worst part.

Cherry's Jubilee
10-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Damn. I even thought this shit was kind of harsh and I'm harsh with the best of you. ;)

@OP: It's clear you know you fucked up and now you're focusing on damage control, which is all you can do at this point. Take the good advice and run with it and ignore the rest. You don't have to defend yourself to US, just the judge, baby.

Poor kid. Good luck.

tui
10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
The laws in the US seem so tough. Tough on the wrong things. If I were you I'd be skipping the country.

Good luck buddy.

Tony
10-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Finally, about turning CI or snitching for the fucking DEA. Yeah, this will be shoved in your face. They will push you hard to do it, threaten you with all kinds of horrible time, and it will reduce your level of cooperation in the eyes of the judge when it comes to sentencing. However, if they have no actual knowledge that you really do know anything, they will be basically digging at you, and any good lawyer should be able to discredit that. Mine did, and he was just a federal defender (I looked at about 10 private lawyers, and every single one wanted 10 grand just to start). But snitching can and will get you off the hook---unfortunate, but true. I could have avoided doing one single day in fed prison---but that meant I would have had to give up a lot of my friends. And at that time, I knew a lot of people doing a lot of shit. But I need to be able to look myself in the mirror for the rest of my life, and I just couldn't subject any friends to what I was going through. Couldn't; wouldn't. But fed inmates bandy around a little phrase that goes "Give up three--you go free". Fucked up, ain't it......

ZK

ZK,

This is why I for one have so very much RESPECT for you....... You are a stand up guy. This is rare today! Kudos and great advice to the OP. It should be made available for all to see when they come to this site! Honor, class and courage!

To the OP,

I would like to add just a little bit to all the great advice you have already been given.

You are at a major cross road in your life.... The choices you make going forward will affect your future in many ways. Your relationship with your Mother and your ability to
get a job to name a few. First and foremost your freedom or lack of it.

I think many of us took some things that you said as you having a less than Sterling attitude about this deal. Your seeming disregard about your Mom's job and possible legal trouble stood out to me. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.I have a Daughter your age that is facing a major Felony due to some false testimony against her.So I know
the fear and pressure that you must be feeling...

I hope and pray that you have no prior adult criminal record as this will be a huge factor in
your situation. Pull out all the stops and beg borrow or whatever the $ to get the best Attorney you can. Pronto. I would tell the Atty everything and then I would ask him what
is the very best way for you to deal with the situation with your Mom. What I mean is that if I could save her job by going to the Dr. and coming clean I would do so even if it meant me possibly getting a harsher bit. I do not think that this would happen. I would bet the Atty could spin this along with your going to rehab, AA, getting off the drugs as
a good story to cut a deal with the DA. Plus in my mind, it is the next right thing to do.
Twenty years down the line you can look back and have some pride where there might have been some shame. Hard to put a price on that!

Good luck and please do not become hard hearted from this. Use it to learn from, You will
make it through this. I did something real dumb many years ago and I made it.... You will make it to. I understand that you don't want to kick, but better do it before you go to court. It can be a nasty place to kick if you go to jail. People can take advantage of any weakness...
Just saying....

Good luck and Via Con Dios!

JuStOnEmOrE?
10-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Just a thought:

We have people trolling this site with ill intent. You posting this with the name of the streets where the Walgreens is at could very easily prompt someone to call said Walgreens and tell them that you are spouting off about it on such and such forum. Armed with your user name, I am sure it wouldn't be too hard for LE to get your IP and from there, prove that you wrote such and such and in that case, I don't think SWIM is going to save your ass. Don't dismiss it. I had facebook statuses and blog post thrown at me recently in a worker's compensation case.

When I was on WC I was VERY CAREFUL with what I was saying... So this bears repeating. Prosecutors, Private Dicks and the like will check you FB and check out as much as then can online about you.

And in this case, I really believe it's way past the use of SWIM. He's already admitted to it. And if it does kinda save his ass... then why didnt he report his "friends" doing such things. And at that it could be twisted into that he was present at the times these crimes were taking place.

Guilty by association very much?

Ok... start breaking up your paragraphs man. And start using REAL punctuation. It seriously took me 5 minutes to track this post, and completely read it.

So you work, have your own place, and dont look like a junkie... In the words of Chris Rock... "What? Do you want a cookie you dumb, m****rf**ker???

Those are things you are supposed to do!!

Living with your mother isn't irresponsible. And some of us believe you to be irresponsible in other areas because you were filling forged prescriptions to sell them to carry on a Heroin habit, dude. One area of your life is tended to follow along other areas.

And no Judge in the world, or anyone who knows ANYTHING about addiction will buy that "defense". I really cant see where Benzos and Adderall would cause you to drug seek Opiates.

Get on the rehab thing ASAP.

When is your appointment with the lawyer?

It really is just that easy to quit. Your life may very well swing on putting down the needle. It really is just that easy. Yeah, you'll be sick. Yeah you'll want to die. But it is just that easy.

In recovery, which you will soon become acquainted with they say.. You let nothing stop you to get high, why are you letting things stop you from getting sober. Always use the same amount of energy daily that you spent trying to get high. It's not a hard concept. And believe me, you can go to any NA/AA meetng while you are dope sick out of your mind, no body will mind, and EVERYBODY understands.

There are several threads in this forum about tapering with Lope, and other OTC comfort meds. In rehab you wont have access to Benzos unless you truely need them, and that is to be determined by the Attending Dr on staff at the rehab. I would quit now while you still have access to Benzos/comfort meds.

Snitchs wind up in ditches. You do NOT want that on your jacket if you do go to prison. I have a friend here who got put away by a snitch. The snitch and my buddy ended up in the same joint. The snitch was in the hospital wing for 2 weeks when people got done with him for snitching.

Can we PLEASE stop talking about the fucking Walgreens??? The Pharmacist was doing her/his job. Perhaps a little over zealously, But doing their job none the less. Maybe they called because they pulled up his prescription record, and notices the INSANE amount of Benzos this one Doctor had been prescribing him.. Not to mention at least 3 different types of Opiates. (Morphine, Dilaudid, and Perc 10s).

This pharmacist was doing exactly as she was supposed to do. So chill the fuck out about talking about Walgreens. It's not their fault. This is simply not a case of the Big Bad Pharmacist fucking the poor, abused, neglected CPP. It it was I could completely understand the bashing.

borohydride
10-07-2011, 04:18 AM
If worst come to worst, don't make this mistake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2416623087_71c5fb330b.jpg

It's a file with a cake in it.... not as useful as 'tother way around.

skeezerjohns22
10-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Maybe you know someone like say, Vic Macky...Give him up and get full immunity. lol...

fauxflavored
10-07-2011, 05:31 AM
^^ Wow. Must be nice not living in the US. Someone here would never get away from serious time, especially the second time. Where ru from btw?

i believe michael is a kiwi, gameface

Larry
10-07-2011, 06:18 AM

like what was said above, all i can do is hope for the best and try to do what i can ... maybe end up like chelsea clinton or jeb bush's daughter (shudder)

Im still reading your thread but felt necesssary to comment, no one on here is getting any twisted joy out of your situation or passing judgement. What this guy did is done and over with already. If I were you I would start seeking treatment, go to the emergency room and tell them your addicted to painkillers and benzos, and ask if they know of any treatment centers or what you should do regarding getting off the drugs of course dont mention any of your legal problems.

The reason I say goto the ER or see a doctor, get on methadone... If something happens which I pray for you doesnt but unfortunately I feel its gonna happen. You need to have things lined up. Get the hell off the drugs, that way if your hauled into jail you dont have to deal with wd in jail, you need to see a lawyer asap.

If something happens your only chance of not getting into huge trouble is if they take pitty on you. You think its coincidence/luck/ or whatever Bush`s daughter or whoever the relative was got a slap on the wrist? You sound young, you need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best end of story and do it now.

clinton
10-07-2011, 06:22 AM
call william kuntsler or ron kuby

reddragon3668
10-07-2011, 07:37 AM
If worst come to worst, don't make this mistake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/2416623087_71c5fb330b.jpg

It's a file with a cake in it.... not as useful as 'tother way around.

You are killing me, Boro! Dat thare is some funny shit!

When I was on WC I was VERY CAREFUL with what I was saying... So this bears repeating. Prosecutors, Private Dicks and the like will check you FB and check out as much as then can online about you.

Most of what they used was stuff I wrote before I got hurt. They were trying to say that I should have never returned to work and that the only reason why I did was because I was unhappy at home. They did this in an attempt to establish my current situation as just an ongoing condition and that my recent injury has nothing to do with. Needless to say, I was very surprised that they did that.. anything you put online is fair game in legal matters: civil or criminal. I learned my lesson, that's for sure. Thankfully, I was able to squeeze about 20k out of them, which is nothing compared to the pain and suffering I've endured. If I had to get hurt again, I wish it would not have been my back. Once you hurt it, their liability is very limited.

Princess Kitty
10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
ZK,

This is why I for one have so very much RESPECT for you....... You are a stand up guy. This is rare today! Kudos and great advice to the OP. It should be made available for all to see when they come to this site! Honor, class and courage!

To the OP,

I would like to add just a little bit to all the great advice you have already been given.

You are at a major cross road in your life.... The choices you make going forward will affect your future in many ways. Your relationship with your Mother and your ability to
get a job to name a few. First and foremost your freedom or lack of it.

I think many of us took some things that you said as you having a less than Sterling attitude about this deal. Your seeming disregard about your Mom's job and possible legal trouble stood out to me. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.I have a Daughter your age that is facing a major Felony due to some false testimony against her.So I know
the fear and pressure that you must be feeling...

I hope and pray that you have no prior adult criminal record as this will be a huge factor in
your situation. Pull out all the stops and beg borrow or whatever the $ to get the best Attorney you can. Pronto. I would tell the Atty everything and then I would ask him what
is the very best way for you to deal with the situation with your Mom. What I mean is that if I could save her job by going to the Dr. and coming clean I would do so even if it meant me possibly getting a harsher bit. I do not think that this would happen. I would bet the Atty could spin this along with your going to rehab, AA, getting off the drugs as
a good story to cut a deal with the DA. Plus in my mind, it is the next right thing to do.
Twenty years down the line you can look back and have some pride where there might have been some shame. Hard to put a price on that!

Good luck and please do not become hard hearted from this. Use it to learn from, You will
make it through this. I did something real dumb many years ago and I made it.... You will make it to. I understand that you don't want to kick, but better do it before you go to court. It can be a nasty place to kick if you go to jail. People can take advantage of any weakness...
Just saying....

Good luck and Via Con Dios!

Ditto! Mr Killer you are a man of integrity

candyman20
10-07-2011, 09:30 AM
i get what everyones sayin about how this COULD be federal but i highly doubt that the feds down here really give a fuck about someone forging a script, and this dude technically has no charges so makin this thread probly wasnt the best idea but for all we know aint shit gonna happen the doctor really could just let it slide but if they dont i highly highly doubt he will ever see the inside of a federal penitentiary at worst hell see what its like in house of corrections on state road

always_opiated
10-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Best advice in the entire thread.

Withdrawing in jail would SUCK!!!

Good luck to you and your friend

sorry man

hovadagod
10-07-2011, 07:48 PM
If worst comes to the worst then get someone to post your new address & I will send this:

Is this a suicide joke?

ARe your suicide jokes really supposed to be funny? u should probably stick to chemistry.

Dr. Doper
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Is this a suicide joke?

ARe your suicide jokes really supposed to be funny? u should probably stick to chemistry.

I think hes insinuating his new address will be jail. How would that be a suicide joke?

Fat Pie
10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Is this a suicide joke?

It's a file hidden in a cake; you know, for sawing through the bars.

hovadagod
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I wasn't sure. Recently he said something similar and posted that other pic. My bad.

J.Dot
10-07-2011, 09:54 PM
No word from the dude... I wonder if he's locked yet?

chopstix
10-08-2011, 12:19 AM
His lawyer probably told him to STFU..

borohydride
10-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I wasn't sure. Recently he said something similar and posted that other pic. My bad.

Yes - a file with a cake in it; a joke about stupidity...

upstate_007
10-08-2011, 06:25 AM
The people who said that they would rather kick in jail because it is easier........... Wow. I could not disagree more. It's easier because you know you can't get anything??? Fuck that. Kicking in jail is hell. I've done it more than enough times and each time it was hell. Cold, dirty, metal toilets, cruel guards, cruel prisoners, etc. Some of the worst times of my life. Being locked in Central Booking/The Tombs in NYC while dopesick is awful. Rats running around. Lice. Roaches. Stale bologna sandwiches. Fuck that.

Kicking in jail sucks.

Fat Pie
10-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Being locked in Central Booking/The Tombs in NYC while dopesick is awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiZoIiTJHw&feature=related

1:20.

doctor diesel
10-08-2011, 10:58 AM
His lawyer probably told him to STFU..

His opio-lawyers here have certainly told him to, so there shouldn't be any surprise that he has in fact STFU.

Doc

Dr. Doper
10-08-2011, 11:48 AM
The people who said that they would rather kick in jail because it is easier........... Wow. I could not disagree more. It's easier because you know you can't get anything??? Fuck that. Kicking in jail is hell. I've done it more than enough times and each time it was hell. Cold, dirty, metal toilets, cruel guards, cruel prisoners, etc. Some of the worst times of my life. Being locked in Central Booking/The Tombs in NYC while dopesick is awful. Rats running around. Lice. Roaches. Stale bologna sandwiches. Fuck that.

Kicking in jail sucks.

My county gives us clonidine, but i think its easier kicking in jail, I am so much more relaxed in jail, I have no anxiety because you have nothing to worry about, your stuck there.

Dolofinell
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
The people who said that they would rather kick in jail because it is easier..........

Kicking in jail sucks.

Exactly upstate, whoever would rather kick in jail is fuckin crazy, I've kicked from 130mg of methadone while on MMT, 3 times. Like you said cold concrete floors, metal toilets, asshole guards and hollering all night long. Especially getting popped on a trumped up high bond charge and you dont know when your getting out. Comfort meds, maybe some ibu., a little immodium and well I did get hydroxyzine for 3 days.

Fuck that, living hell, I'll take a soft bed, couch, MORE comfort meds, no assholes to deal w/ listen too, and not facing a charge any day.

OpiatedChronically
10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
My county gives us clonidine, but i think its easier kicking in jail, I am so much more relaxed in jail, I have no anxiety because you have nothing to worry about, your stuck there.

No disrespect, but you and all the others who've said the same thing ARE FUCKING NUTS!! lol, I don't understand this point of view. Nothing to worry about? How about not knowing when you're going to get out, or not knowing when the W/D will end? How about knowing that you won't be getting any decent food, the cold fucking room, thin ass blankets, sorry excuse for a pillow and in some cases no pilow, that hard ass metal bed, NOTHING but your drug-addled thoughts to drive you crazy with boredom and insanity.

I've never kicked in jail, but I would MUCH rather kick anywhere else than in jail. I've been in jail during the first 48 hours of W/D but I'm a CPP so the pain was already to the point of becoming unbearable I was just starting to feel horrible when my bond went through, and I knew I wasn't going to be there much longer, but still....no way I would prefer rattling in the cage, simply no way...

I just don't understand, I get it that you know you can't get anything to relieve the W/D, but I still don't see how that makes it any easier, you're still going through agony, especially if you're a CPP. Crazy talk!!! ;)

OXYKANTSTOP
10-08-2011, 02:05 PM
fuk man i hope alls well with you...i could not admagine kicking in the fucking clanker......fuck that !!

Der Alte Krieger
10-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Another vote against kicking in jail. I do understand what the poster meant that its easier to kick in jail, though. It removes all temptation to use knowing that there just ain't no possibility of scoreing whatsoever.
But so far as the actual kicking I have never gone through a more hellish ordeal. I'm real cold natured to start with and I have never been in a jail in recent years where they didn't keep it cold enough to hang meat in. In WDs it is just unbearable. If I had a high dose habit today my philosophy would have to be "they will never take me alive".

One, sort of, funny thing that happened to me once was I got busted in Balch Springs, Texas on my way home from the program, two take homes in my pocket. Due to some BS I was unable to make bond for the whole weekend.

When I went in Friday morning I had just dosed so of course I was well that day. The next morning they called me out and a guard gave me my TH dose, a small bottle with the pills disolved in it , saying, "I shook it up for you". I dosed and never did feel anything like I was used to
The next morning same thing. That morning I was REALLY sick The same guard gave me my dose again saying "I shook it up for you". Never did get well that time and I can only conclude that the sorry son of a bitch was taking my dose and hideing the fact by shaking it up, as there was usualy a lot of disolved powder on the bottom. By monday when I got out I was in full blown WDs.
Aint that some shit?

thatoneguy
10-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I dont know it's just easier for me I kicked in multnomah (portland) county jail first kick off a gram of bomb portland tar it was horrible dont get me wrong but there was plenty of comfort meds and if your sick enough they give you suboxone so not too bad

Welderman
10-08-2011, 03:36 PM

If anything he should be praising the pharmacist there for not calling the cops immediately. That would have started a shitstorm on the spot.

The Ryan
10-08-2011, 03:51 PM
No word from the dude... I wonder if he's locked yet?

wouldn't surprise me if he got arrested, I'm sure he will be bailed out soon enough though..

Damn sure aint gonna get no summons.

Miss M
10-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Maybe just one more thing to consider (unless I missed it in the previous 167 responses)....

What about the insurance company you made the unfortunate choice of running at least some of these scripts through?

They don't look too kindly on fraud. A friend recently went through all kinds of hell behind "padding" a homeowner's insurance claim.

Here's to hoping they don't decide to come a calling.....probably not worth their effort for what amounts to a few hundred bucks worth of pills.

kataklyzm
10-08-2011, 04:03 PM
i'll be the one to give OP a glimmer of hope. if the doc MUST file charges, the doc may go to court and ask for leniency. also, since cops werent called right away there is a *small* chance that you may have slipped thru the cracks and might dodge the bullet.

its a slim slim chance, and by no means should you NOT prepare for any possible impending legal troubles. definitely seek council asap, and NOT public defender

SpiKed
01-18-2012, 10:44 AM
just to put a period at the end of the post, i want to thank everyone who gave positive responses, even if it was tough love and was things i didnt want to hear, i appreciate your time on giving advice ... luckily for me i seem to have slipped through the cracks, my mom got to keep her job since i went to the doc and confessed how it was all me and my mom had nothing to do with it .. the doc was upset and told me not to come back .. i was so scared cause she said "im gonna have to report this" ... i was terrified ... i thank god that for whatever reason i seem to have slipped through the cracks, but i have definitely learned my lesson and i wont be doing anything like this ever again ... i just wanted to update anyone on here who actually cared, and i thank you for that

Count Zero
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
That is very good news, I'm glad it worked out OK for you. It sounds like your mom being a very valued employee might have saved your ass but whatever, it's the result that counts.

jill
01-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Good to hear!

I hope things stay that way :)

nick
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Good to hear your mother kept her job,but I'm not sure you're out of the woods yet,man.The wheels of justice grind slow,but fine.
If you haven't heard in a year I'd be optimistic.

Fingers crossed for you.

Bartholomew
01-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Glad to see things seem to have worked out. Stay safe.

Cognitive_Shift
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
That was a really dumb idea. You could get some serious prison time for that stuff. Your most likely gonna get fucked!

Fat Pie
01-18-2012, 01:55 PM
I only read this thread a few days ago. I thought you were in prison for sure.

NYC STAMPS
01-18-2012, 02:41 PM
I guess, congratulations are in order, but seriously, you're very lucky. The doctor probably doesn't want to have their name dragged through the mud, so apparently they didn't report it. I remember reading this thread before I was a member and it was October 2011, if I'm correct. So, Nick, while it has not been a year yet and the wheels of justice in the US grind extremely slow, I think he would have heard something of the start of a case by now. Hopefully you will not be forging any more scripts, because luck runs out for everyone eventually.

Fat Pie
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
How's your addiction?

nick
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I guess, congratulations are in order, but seriously, you're very lucky. The doctor probably doesn't want to have their name dragged through the mud, so apparently they didn't report it. I remember reading this thread before I was a member and it was October 2011, if I'm correct. So, Nick, while it has not been a year yet and the wheels of justice in the US grind extremely slow, I think he would have heard something of the start of a case by now. Hopefully you will not be forging any more scripts, because luck runs out for everyone eventually.

It's none of my business,but if it were me,I'd still be looking over my shoulder.Obviously,the more time that passes- the better the odds,but nowhere near enough time has passed to start celebrating.

jimmyfingers
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I would not be bragging just yet. If it was me, I would still have some serious anxiety about getting something in the mail or being picked up. 3 months isn't a long time especially being that it fell over the holidays.

More Feen
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
The thing is how much was risked in this endeavor: Not only did the OP risk his freedom, but also his mother's employment and her boss' ability to keep working, AND all of the people the doctor employed. And how about all of the patients that would have to find other doctors to treat them.

JEE-bus.

I think the doctor found it easier to bury this incident rather than damage/destroy several lives.

If I were that doctor, I wouldn't want to see you within 1000m of my fucking office, ever!

M F

AndiPandi
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
i'm with nick. i would not be breathing easy just yet. it really just depends on statute of limitations. however, i'm happy to hear your mom was able to keep her job.

To Each His Gnome
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
it was October 2011, if I'm correct. So, Nick, while it has not been a year yet and the wheels of justice in the US grind extremely slow, I think he would have heard something of the start of a case by now

Actually, Nick is totally right. Last time I had a run-in with the law (over a decade ago; when I was still in HS), It was 4 1/2 months after the arrest before I got served any papers or heard ANYTHING from ANYBODY regarding my case. I also thought I was in the clear since I had not heard a peep about it for 4 whole months after the arrest. But no, 2 weeks after the 4 month mark, a sheriff's deputy came into my job at the time and very loudly declared in front of my boss and all my co-workers that he was there to serve me a court summons for such-and-such offense.

So yeah, I'm with Nick- don't go celebrating the fact that they "let your case slip through the cracks" until it's been at least a year because chances are that they didn't forget about ya- it just takes a while sometimes for them to get around to your case.

Either way, I hope it works out, and I hope you learn a lesson from all this (NOT trying to sound preachy, I promise).

Matt
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Pretty crazy you pulled it off, I'd have tried something like that in my sick and desperate days. Dilaudid, what a score! That's funny you actually wanted Halcion, though haha I didn't even know that stuff was used anymore. But at least you had both ends of the benzo spectrum covered: strong-clonazepam and weak-triazolam.

Whoops, I somehow didn't notice this thread is seven pages long. Sorry if I repeated what someone already said.

omar
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
I can't help but feel that the BIG mistake was not going to Walgreens but actually taking the scripts in the first place from where swiy's mom was working. I totally understand the call of temptation, and have done stupid shit all in the name of getting high. I hope they don't press charges bro, but I would definately not be surprised if they did.
Rehab is certainly not a bad idea, this person might want to look into that even if all of this pans out with out any charges. If nothing else maybe go for a couple weeks and lower the old tolerance, but either way it couldn't hurt any. Best of luck man.

Coolwhip
01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
4 months is nothing, first time I was arrested, I was 18, misdemeanor marijuana. Didn't get arraigned for 26 months after the arrest.

Matt
01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
4 months is nothing, first time I was arrested, I was 18, misdemeanor marijuana. Didn't get arraigned for 26 months after the arrest.

It took them that long to arraign you? Goddamn. Where I live I think they have 6 months to arraign you or else that shit gets dismissed.

omar
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Pretty crazy you pulled it off, I'd have tried something like that in my sick and desperate days. Dilaudid, what a score! That's funny you actually wanted Halcion, though haha I didn't even know that stuff was used anymore. But at least you had both ends of the benzo spectrum covered: strong-clonazepam and weak-triazolam.

Whoops, I somehow didn't notice this thread is seven pages long. Sorry if I repeated what someone already said.

Yeah me too, I started typing my response when there was only one page. By the time I finished I was on page 7, lol.

nick
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
It took them that long to arraign you? Goddamn. Where I live I think they have 6 months to arraign you or else that shit gets dismissed.
We have time limits on bringing charges too,But there are ways around that for the cops-they can claim it's an on going investigation or the clock starts when the CPS decide to charge.
Basically the cops own the law and make the game up anyway that suits them.If they really want you.......you're gone.

This is just hypothetical and doesn't relate to the guy with the scripts.

Matt
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah me too, I started typing my response when there was only one page. By the time I finished I was on page 7, lol.

Haha I hate when that happens. Sometimes I take my time when writing a post, I like to have something good to contribute for the most part so I may think a little. Or maybe I might get distracted by another tab I have open and look at that for a minute or two. So when I submit my post, three others have already responded. Or I end up getting mine in like at the exact same time someone else does.

But there are ways around that for the cops-they can claim it's an on going investigation or the clock starts when the CPS decide to charge.
Basically the cops own the law and make the game up anyway that suits them.If they really want you.......you're gone.

Yeah them damn cops abuse their authority way too much, they treat the law like a big joke and they'll bend it as much as they can to get their satisfaction out of you. There are some policemen with decent hearts out there, but they happen to be a highly disagreeable bunch most of the time.

Indy
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I fucking TOLD you guys! Not everything always goes according to procedure.

And to the people giving their accounts of "I was didn't hear anything until x months after I was arrested" the OP was never actually arrested.

And the statute of limitations is, well, limited, BUT, the clock starts when the crime happened, not when they file charges. In fact, once they actually file charges, the clock stops and never starts again, and the statute of limitations simply doesn't apply. This is especially bullshit in the case "John Doe" charges, where they know SOMEBODY committed a crime, so they file charges against "John Doe", and so no matter how long it's been, if they find out who did it, the statue of limitations doesn't mean anything.

chopstix
01-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe just one more thing to consider (unless I missed it in the previous 167 responses)....

What about the insurance company you made the unfortunate choice of running at least some of these scripts through?

They don't look too kindly on fraud. A friend recently went through all kinds of hell behind "padding" a homeowner's insurance claim.

Here's to hoping they don't decide to come a calling.....probably not worth their effort for what amounts to a few hundred bucks worth of pills.

Both my GF and I have done a ton of investigative work for Insurance companies and you're absolutely right - they *DO NOT* fuck around, period.

As far as him being in the clear cos he hasn't been arrested yet: it varies by location, but King County, WA has three years to file on you, and I've been filed on (over an absolutely ridiculous charge) at about the 2.5 year mark, got mailed a fucking summons over two years after I was arrested and OR'd. Bastards..

SpiKed
01-19-2012, 11:06 AM
im not bragging or celebrating i just wanted to let anyone who cared know whats going on .. and thank god i was never arrested, i feel the only reason i wasnt IS because the doctor didnt push it as far as they could have (thank god) and i still am nervous anytime the doorbell rings or the phone rings so i dont know why you assume im taking it lightly ... i thank every god in existence that things didnt go worse, and i definitely have no plans to do anything like this again ... i wish i could say my habit is gone but , as im sure most of you know, wanting it gone is easier said than done .. im up to around a bundle a day give or take, some days less ... right now my main goal is to get off the needle .... so if i can at least cut it down to where every dose isnt IV that at least is something

Indy
01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Obviously stay on your toes, but if you notice one thing about all the people giving their own experiences....they were all actually arrested before they got charged/arraigned a long time later. You weren't. Charges don't just go away* but if they never arrested you they probably don't plan it, or don't have enough evidence or something.

*: actually strangely, sometimes they do. I've heard stories about people getting charged with something minor, like a misdemeanor, and they never show up to court, don't pay, etc. and eventually it just went away and wasn't on their record or anything.

Fat Pie
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
If cops do come to your door, remember, say nothing and call a lawyer.

Don't get complacent.

BlueDevil863 is fine
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
I agree with this, obviously he knows by now that this didn't only hurt him. We usually don't think that far into things when needing a fix.
The thing is how much was risked in this endeavor: Not only did the OP risk his freedom, but also his mother's employment and her boss' ability to keep working, AND all of the people the doctor employed. And how about all of the patients that would have to find other doctors to treat them.

JEE-bus.

I think the doctor found it easier to bury this incident rather than damage/destroy several lives.

If I were that doctor, I wouldn't want to see you within 1000m of my fucking office, ever!

M F

More Feen
01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree with this, obviously he knows by now that this didn't only hurt him. We usually don't think that far into things when needing a fix.

Trust me, I'm no saint, and could have done the same thing myself. No wound is too big that some asshole (me) cannot rub some salt into it to make it sting that much more.

But if OP gets off Scot-free, he ought to consider himself very fortunate, and learn from it. Too often (these days especially) nobody gets a break.

The OP may have (very rare).

M F

PoppyLlama
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
man I would never mess with a stolen scripts. have I thought about it? yeah, have I had the opportunity? Yeah. but get fucked over one time and you are never gonna get pain killers again in your life.

now I am a CPP so that isn't really an option for me.

I dream about it all the time tho lol. only if you dont get in trouble, the OPs situation is fucked, i really hope the best for you. you've really gotten yourself into a pickle this time.

I changed the number of pills on a xanax script once, and got caught, but my doctor didnt do anything about it. but shit man, thats nowhere near as bad as STEALING prescription papers and forging them entirely.

Tylercwxzy
01-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Not everyone gets arrested. This same thing happened in 2009 to my mom, she was a RN working at a drs. office (after she lost her hospital job for stealing narcotics from patients) and had been writing scripts for over a year. Little did I know half were in her name and half in mine, but finally she ended up going to kmarts pharmacy and they called her boss, the doctor and she was fired.

Now they told her they might or might not press charges so I had my dad talk to his lawyer/friend and got her represented. She waited over 2months for the police to come arrest her or knock on the door. Never did, so I guess it depends on the doctor and because your moms a nurse I think at the most she'll be fired, who knows for sure though. My mom was getting massive amounts, script a week of 180 roxi 30s, 120 .5mg xanax. Sometimes twice in a week to sell them.

Btw I wasn't writing the scripts and didn't let her use my name, I thought she was seeing a pain dr.

Sweet Jane
01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I think you might have actually dodged a bullet here, OP. Mainly because of your mom being a valued employee of the doc. Also, since you were never arrested and charges weren't filed by doc you might just be OK. Unless (which I doubt) the insurance company finds out and wants to do something about it....but, IMHO I think you are probably OK.
Lesson learned, we all make mistakes esp. when that bitch addiction is whispering in your ear. Just take your mistake and learn from it and you need to give your momma a huge thank you b/c more than likely, she talked the doc out of doing anything.

Best of luck to ya, man. Keep us updated....I was actually readin this thread not long ago wondering what ever happened to ya...glad all is well:)

Sikbik
02-12-2012, 08:19 AM
omg i overheard my doc talking about something really similar to the receptionist, i wonder if the word got out to other docs in the area about what happened.

Zoops
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
I am so busy I don't have time to wade through all the BS on this thread. Anyone know what happened to the dude? Chances are, if the cops didn't get him at the pharmacy, right when the phony scrip was passed, he was o.k. Rule #1 for busting scrips: NEVER use your real name on an Rx! (this makes filling for CII's difficult, if not impossible, as most pharmacies these days ask for ID for CII's, and a lot of them will ask for ID for any controlled substance). I have intimate knowledge of the phony Rx game. Went to prison for 16 months the first time, then my dumb ass had to test the waters again, this time, just got out after serving another 28 months of my life "behind bars" (there weren't actually any bars in the main spread I was at - but the "receiving" joint was like something out of Shawshank Redemption - what a fucking zoo that was! Scared the shit out of me). But the OP made an interesting point although he probably didn't realize it at the time. The phony scrip game is damn addictive. Once you get a taste of how fucking easy it is, and get away with it, you'll do it again, and again, and again, and again, until you get popped. That's exactly what happened to me.

The pharmacy became my connect, and the phone book was dog-eared from marking all the places and writing notes next to all the pharmacies so I could juggle them and not "burn them down" by going too much. I would go to the same fucking Rite Aid two, even three times in a week, until different assumed names, and get hydros from the same pharmacist (some Ethiopian chick who I guess didn't give a rat's ass).

One time, I even got home and looked at one of my bottles, and underneath where the name on that scrip was on the label (it was a fake name, of course), where the patient's address is printed was the notation "fake identity" instead of the (fake) address I had given. WTF?! Needless to say, I never went back to that place again. I have no earthly idea why that scrip was filled and sold to me, but it just goes to show you - a lot of pharmacists don't give a shit about phony scrips. Several times during my daily round of pharmacy shopping, I was tipped off by the pharmacist when I called to check if my "prescription was ready" (so I didn't have to wait around the counter like a dumbass idiot drug addict, waiting for the cops to show up), who told me "don't bother coming by to try and pick up that stuff, I called the doc's office and we know it's fake. If you show up and ask for a scrip under that name, we are going to call the police." So, most of the time, when they know it's fake (I think you have to have a really good rap to get this type of treatment), they will either just look the other way, or let you know that THEY know, so you know not to come over there and get arrested.

overandout.

Zoops

--- auto merge ---

Oh, and one more thing. It's been my experience, and the general consensus among other people locked up for the same crime, that the vast majority of the time, it's the pharmacist who receives the phony scrip who determines if you get arrested for it, NOT the doctor. The druggist is the one who calls the cops, almost always. Some people don't know how to mind they own bit-ness. One uppity-ass pharmacist can ruin your day.

Psomnifera
04-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Dude, I am so sorry. PA has a Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP), so the doctor and/or the pharmacy can look and see every prescription you've ever filled since the inception of the program, with or without insurance. PMPs exist in 42 states, which is majorly fucked up if you ask me; it's a massive invasion of privacy to have all of your prescription information available in a database so anyone with a DEA or NABP# can look at it. It's on par with the fingerprint database cops use, except it's not a crime to fill a [valid] prescription.

I would recommend changing your name and moving to Mexico. So sorry man.

Michael.
04-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Did you not see how old this thread is?

Biggavelli
04-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Holy shit. I was lurking when this thread was initially posted but didn't sign up until recently. Always wanted to comment and just say...AWESOME. Simply awesome. So glad that people can still get away with this shit even after taking it to insane levels.

A friend of mine does insulation or some shit, so one day he calls me and asks if he should look for anything since he was the only one working in an office building that had a dentist office and doctor's office inside of it. So, I say "look for some rigs, turniquettes, lidocaine, just regular shit. can't be anything too good in there, ya know?". He calls me several hours later and says he has a big surprise for me. I'm thinking maybe he got some nitrous or something...he walks in with about 60 blank sheets. I nearly shat. Told him I won't be putting my name on it, but he can do as he pleases. Dude ended up using like 15 of them, best opi he got the entire time was codiene/prometh liquid. He did get a fuckton of xanax and klonopin though. Should have just gotten huge scripts of HydroC since it's all Schedule 3. Rookie...

jill
04-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Has anyone paid any attention to the fact that this thread is a full YEAR and 6 months old?

Now, it would be one thing if it was the OP posting to update his status, but it isn't, so there really isn't any point on necroing this thread, especially by someone who admittedly couldn't even take the time to read it. That being the case, it's highly unlikely that any groundbreaking, earth-shattering, information is going to be brought up.

Especially missing the main character, the OP.