PDA

View Full Version : Demerol anyone?

Tylercwxzy
09-02-2011, 02:35 AM
So about 2 years ago I got 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once (talk about real fucking pain). My oral surgeon first gave me vic 7.5/500s and it wasn't doing a thing, of course because I had a tolerance back then. So I was still out of it from being knocked out for the surgery and was crying in bed for two days with no sleep.

My mom had to call the surgeon for me and told him I have an opiate tolerance. I expected him to just tell me to tough it out and see me as just drug seeking (which, well yeah in a way I was but the pain was unberable) so he tells my mom to come pick up vicoprofen which i would have been more than happy to spare my liver plus the anti-iflamatory and low and behold she comes over with 50/25 demerol (50mg dem/25 promethazine) I know it's best when you shoot it but the combo of the tabs and the demerol/prometh took the pain away and got me high as hell (course I was taking 150-200mg dem a day and 30mg of hydro.

I know demerol isn't the most potent but I seem to like it. Anyone else tried the oral combo with promethazine?

borohydride
09-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Demerol feels really nice (if yo don't have tolerance). One of the metabolites is a DRI so SPEEDY.

reddragon3668
09-02-2011, 08:31 AM
I've never liked the combo tablets. The Promethazine just puts me to sleep. When I first got hurt back in 99, the first neurosurgeon I saw put me on a Valium/Demerol combo for pain. The Demerol back then was heavenly (add the Valium and it was snoozville). I've had a few shots of it here and there since, and I was so so... once you get a tolerance, I don't think it hits on much after that.

mainline
09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
fuck demerol.

Spork
09-02-2011, 12:36 PM
To quote drugstore cowboy:

"Demerol...? SHIT!"

Count Zero
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I got my first habit off demerol, I was in the hospital for 3 weeks for a knee reconstruction and the first two weeks featured a big fat shot of IM demerol in my thigh every 6 hours. I had no tolerance at the time and I was blitzed the entire time, I distictly remember when my friends came to see me I was looking down at the top of their heads like I was glued to the ceiling. The fun and games stopped on day 15 when they *eased me off* by switching me to ibuprofen-I couldn't figure out why I felt like shit and couldn't sleep for a few days.
That was 25 years ago and I haven't done it since so I can't say what it's like with a decent tolly but it sure worked just fine back then, for both pain control and, ahem, recreation.

Larkin
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
spork... thats what first came to mind for me too

I had a friend who SWORE up and down demoral was morphine, when we were still eating percs and splitting OC40's. got online one day and proved his bitchass wrong.

Ive never tried it, a lady i worked with had some from an injury or some shit i dunno, or care. but i tried my damndest to get those things. I really wanted to shoot em in ma arm

Dantesheaven
09-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Only had it once when I went into ER hoping for an IM of dilaudid. Didn't do shit for me. Funny you mention oral surgery. I saw dentist yesterday and I have 2 abcessed teeth, a molar and a wisdom tooth, and a total of 4 teeth that need to be pulled. I'm worried what I'll do for the pain because I'm on low dose methadone prescribed by a doc so I don't know if they'll give me some perc 10s for bt or what. As it stands now the pain is like nothing I've felt in my life.

SeVeN
09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
yuck Dems . I remember a shot of Dem wasnt too bad. But it wasnt great either, especially with a tolerance. And it burns.

Whatever works tho, right?

pullmyhair
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I've never been a fan of demerol either. The high is pretty much nonexistent if you have any sort of tolerance, and even if you don't the high isn't that great. Of course that's just my opinion, I know a few people that love it, so I guess it really just depends on preference.

LorTabitha
09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Only had it once when I went into ER hoping for an IM of dilaudid. Didn't do shit for me. Funny you mention oral surgery. I saw dentist yesterday and I have 2 abcessed teeth, a molar and a wisdom tooth, and a total of 4 teeth that need to be pulled. I'm worried what I'll do for the pain because I'm on low dose methadone prescribed by a doc so I don't know if they'll give me some perc 10s for bt or what. As it stands now the pain is like nothing I've felt in my life.

I had 3 teeth surgically removed while on low-dose methadone. I actually weaned down on the 'done and went on oxy IR for the week following the surgery. The pain was only bad for a day or two post surgery. You'll be amazed at how good you feel with those abcessed teeth gone.

Tylercwxzy
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I had a high tolerance at the time of the oral surgery, Maybe 1-2 roxies a day plus 5-6 tabs. First he gave me 7.5s then was gonna switch to vicoprofen but when my mom got the script it was dem/promethz. The combo of the tabs/dem/promethazine gave me a good buzz, took the pain away too. Which is good because those tabs didn't do shit. I'd eat 3-4 every hour-hour/half. Till Id get to 10-11 and stop so my liver got a chance to breathe

irish
09-02-2011, 08:13 PM
In my experience, demerol is best im with low or no tolerance. iv feels dirty to me, and oral doesn't do shit. Don't even think of snorting them, I'd rather snort bleach.

jimmyfingers
09-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I always thought Demerol would be strong since they give it for pain in the hospital. I got a script of them and was pumped. Went home and was severely let down. Non existent high

6-MAM
09-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I've never tried the combo, but I've snorted about 200 mgs. It felt like a weak methadone IMO. I had to take some codeine to get a nod! I don't know if it goes bad, the bottle was dated 1998 I think.

The way I got the bottle was looking though an old ladys bathroom closet. I had tooken all of her stockpiled 10 mg hydros, and was looking for any opiates I could find and I came across 10 50 mg tabs. Also a bottle of codeine, a shit load of tramadol, and equally as many 200 mg somas. Needless to say I was freaking out because I tought I had hit the jackpot. You hear demerol this and demerol that I had high expectations. I was surley dissapointed.

I don't have a high tolerance or anything, I'm nodding right now off of 50 mg oxycodone, but I had a slight nod 2-3 hours ago off of 40 mgs. I don't snort them all at once so I can't say how many mgs exactly gets me nodding. I started snorting my 10's at about 2:30 it's now 9:30, so I don't think it's very high.

Tylercwxzy
09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Demerol is a strange opiate, I've heard its chemical structure is similar to methadone and atropine/piperazine? I believe. I think its better IM than IV, never tried it just guessing. Heres a few quotes :"Pethidine is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe pain, and is delivered as a hydrochloride salt in tablets, as a syrup, or by intramuscular or intravenous injection. For much of the 20th century, pethidine was the opioid of choice for many physicians; in 1983 60% of doctors prescribed it for acute pain and 22% for chronic severe pain."

"Pethidine may be more likely to be abused than other prescription opioids, perhaps because of its rapid onset of action.[12] When compared with oxycodone, hydromorphone, and placebo, pethidine was consistently associated with more euphoria, difficulty concentrating, confusion, and impaired psychomotor and cognitive performance when administered to healthy volunteers.[13] The especially severe side effects unique to pethidine among opioids — serotonin syndrome, seizures, delirium, dysphoria, tremor — are primarily or entirely due to the action of its metabolite, norpethidine."
Oh it also like borohydride said it acts on dopamine transporter (DAT) and norepinephrine so it has a speedy buzz like oxys. Everyones body is different though, we all react in completely different ways to drugs.

P.S. Why the hell is it schedule 2? Maybe 3 but 2?... psh damn DEA

borohydride
09-03-2011, 09:32 AM
yuck Dems . I remember a shot of Dem wasnt too bad. But it wasnt great either, especially with a tolerance. And it burns.

Whatever works tho, right?

Without tolerance it's nice (via IV) because there is that coke-like overlay due to DRI activity of the metabolite. It seems all of the people bitching have tolerance - in that case, is the problem with the drug or with you?

BTW IV demerol is my GFs favourite (prefers it to M).

6-MAM
09-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I think it's a combination of both, I personally don't like that class of opiates, but it's also weak. Like I said, I had 10 50 mg pills, snorted 4, didn't get much high. Now I believe they make 100 mg pills, so say that is the strongest pill avalible, equivalant to a 10 mg hydro or a 10 mg oxy, percs not roxies, If I were to snort 2 of ether I'd have some sort of pleasent feeling, not much, but some, but with meperdine I had no pleasent feelings from those 4. I felt if I were to double the dosage I would still not get a nod.

Here's another question, most of us seek a nod, maybe meperdine just has a shitty nod?

But like I said, I know nothing about this class's shelf life. I don't know if it stays active for many years like classic opiates.

jill
09-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Demerol and Phenergan (promethazine) is "best" given IM in the hospital setting (not orally and against most hospital policies to give IV). In patients with little tolerance we have excellent pain control for outpatient operative procedures and it seems to hold most of them about 6+ hours.

Tylercwxzy
09-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Mmm... not for me, I think from the time I'd take 100mgs 2-3 hours later the pain would come back. Not 100% on that though its been 3 years.

jill
09-03-2011, 01:46 PM
^^ Well, you probably do not have NO tolerance to meds.

Tylercwxzy
09-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Are you a nurse?
My moms a.. was a nurse. Yeah I had a tolerance, not a huge one but not to demerol. Usually if you switch opies (for example I was taking roxies and tabs at the time before surgery, not huge amounts but..) theres a cross tolerance and I believe that even though I wouldn't get as high off the demerol the pain relief would still be strong because its a different opiate than what I was taking. Drs. do that all the time, I believe its called opiate rotation when pain patients meds aren't working as well they switch to a different pain killer

Count Zero
09-03-2011, 07:34 PM
As reported to me by an older doctor friend: In his opinion, as much as junkies put it down, Demerol was the DOC of many addicted physicians in the 70s and 80s and even 90s for two reasons-a nice uplifting long acting buzz and it (allegedly) doesn't pin the eyes like other IV/IM opiates.

Tylercwxzy
09-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh no trust me, it pins alright. I think demerol comes in a close 2nd place for eye pinning compared to say 'done or oxymorphone. When I had my script my pupils were tinny, like even worse than usual on roxies.

Count Zero
09-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Apparently a few generations of junkie doctors (god bless 'em) disagree with you. Trust me.

irish
09-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I was on demerol for a few months after suffering a 3rd degree burn. Of course I mis-used it since it is so crappy orally, but it is imo one of the hardest pills to filter that I have come across. The filler they use is like tiny little flakes rather than a powder, and they clump together really badly while filtering. The biggest thing I noticed was that after a while of being on it I started to get twitchy in weird ways(I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with one of it's metabolites being neuro-toxic), for example I would go to turn my head, and rather than a smooth motion it would be like a gear missing a few teeth. A jerky, twitchy turn rather than normal. I found that it never pinned my pupils, if anything it made them larger.

SubHuman
09-03-2011, 10:24 PM
As reported to me by an older doctor friend: In his opinion, as much as junkies put it down, Demerol was the DOC of many addicted physicians in the 70s and 80s and even 90s for two reasons-a nice uplifting long acting buzz and it (allegedly) doesn't pin the eyes like other IV/IM opiates.
I thought it had a very short duration of action

sticky blueberry
09-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Many years ago, I was gifted a generous amount of injectable Demerol.
I had a hefty tolerance to pills,but had not IV'd anything in about a year.
I remember that at lower doses 50-75mg/IV, the med was pretty nice,but,
very short acting and subsequent doses in close administration didn't create
a nicer high. AS I started to use larger dose amounts,75-150mg, it created
an intense histamine reaction and a "cold"crawling feeling on my skin.
A ringing in my ears I have never felt again(no,was not pleasant).
I remember being really disappointed with the effects, considering
at the time,that was prob. the best "gift" of narcotics I was ever gonna get!!
I think the big problem with Demerol is the toxic buildup of a substance(after
repeated doses)that causes adverse reactions in many....Like me.
Never Again...No fond memories for me!

--- auto merge ---

I thought it had a very short duration of action
Very true IME.
Felt like hydromorphone to me,nice rush...then GONE.

normus420
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey guys sorry for necro'ing this thread but I just wanted to ask u guys a quick q? First do they make a 50mg demerol with out the prometh? Also in my area oxy is like a dollar a mg so what do you think these are worth if they were the 50mg? are they safe to iv? i can get a couple of these things and ive never tried them before, the person compaired them with dilly. I have a moderate tolly, u think these are even worth it?

oxydose
02-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey guys sorry for necro'ing this thread but I just wanted to ask u guys a quick q? First do they make a 50mg demerol with out the prometh? Also in my area oxy is like a dollar a mg so what do you think these are worth if they were the 50mg? are they safe to iv? i can get a couple of these things and ive never tried them before, the person compaired them with dilly. I have a moderate tolly, u think these are even worth it?

yes they make them w/o prometh

i'd say 2-3 dollar for 50s, i guess it all depends on your tolerence and if you enjoy the shit or not, which i tend not to