PDA

View Full Version : Morphine vrs Oxycodone.

KiloByte
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
A few weeks ago I went through about 25 Morphine 15mg Xrs. I was doing about 60 mgs a time to feel very nice and high and before I havent even been using opiates much at all. How much oxy do I need to feel the same effects for 5+ hours? I thought oxy was more powerful but after blowing like 20 mgs I duno.

Consider this, I can get 3 15 mgs for $10 but oxy is $45 for an 80 mg. Would most people agree that the morphine is simply a much better deal or is there something about oxy they prefer?

One other thing I thought I'd mention is the oxy burned a HELL of alot more then the morphine, in fact blowing the morphine was probably the easiest drug to snort I've done.

Bastian
09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Morphine is the more powerful drug for sure and more pleasureable, especially if you are shooting or snorting it. If oral, oxycodone is supposed to be more potent because morphine has low bioavailability, but in my experience even oral morphine is way better when taken in the correct dose. It also lasts much longer than oxycodone. WHen you shoot or snort morphine, it hits way faster and WHOA!!

chemboy7
09-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Morphine is definately more recreational in appropriate doses, longer lasting too. But technically Oxycodone is considered stronger than Morphine as it requires a smaller dose to produce (supposedly) equipotent analgesia. If your wanting to get about as high on Morphine as you do with Oxycodone at 60 mg I would say to go with like 90-100 mg. I would also take the Morphine over the over-priced oxy too.

jab
09-18-2006, 12:15 PM
They are both nice.. technicaly Oxy is stronger milligram for milligram.. but I prefer M. If you are not shooting then Oxy for sure.. But M is my fav to bang.

Be safe.

MIVgezzer
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
They are both nice.. technicaly Oxy is stronger milligram for milligram.. but I prefer M. If you are not shooting then Oxy for sure.. But M is my fav to bang.
Be safe.

I like them both, I get more from the M then the oxy, I had oxy for yrs, but now I get M and dilly 4's. When i'm not real tolerant the dilaudid is better than both of them.
I think the oxy is stronger then the M on the oral, the dillys are stronger then both on the iv
and the mo is stronger than oxy IV.
How it works for me
MIV G

Cybershark
10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi defiantely agree with MIVgezzer, Morphine is great when it is used IV or snorted when taken orally I would take oxycodone anyday over that but that is honestly a matter of opinion. I really do get much more side effects on my body fron morphine then from oxy. but that is just me! ;)

BizzyBone
10-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I would choose the oxy over morph to me it feels like the oxy gives me a better get up and work type buzz then the morph does...but i guess it differs wit the person

cig3f
10-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Your very own narcotic converter:

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

The PDR EQUIANALGESIC conversion tables:

OPIOID ANALGESIC EQUIVALENTS WITH

APPROXIMATELY EQUIANALGESIC POTENCY * (http://www.pdr.net/druginformation/DocumentSearchn.aspx?documentId=00400650&drugname=Dilaudid%20Ampules#F01F01)

Nonproprietary
(Trade) Name

IM or SC

Dose

ORAL

Dose

Morphine sulfate

10mg

40-60mg

Hydromorphone HCl
(DILAUDID)

1.3-2mg

6.5-7.5mg

Oxymorphone HCl

(Numorphan)

1-1.1mg

6.6mg

Levorphanol tartrate

(Levo-Dromoran)

2-2.3mg

4mg

Meperidine, pethidine HCl

(Demerol)

75-100mg

300-400mg

Methadone HCl

(Dolophine)

10mg

10-20mg

*Dosages, and ranges of dosages represented, are a compilation of estimated equipotent dosages from published references comparing opioid analgesics in cancer and severe pain.

</SPAN>

TABLE 4

Multiplication Factors for Converting the Daily Dose of

Prior Opioids to the Daily Dose of Oral Oxycodone * (http://www.pdr.net/druginformation/DocumentSearchn.aspx?documentId=65701150&drugname=OxyContin%20Tablets#F03F03)

(Mg/Day Prior Opioid × Factor = Mg/Day

Oral Oxycodone)

Oral Prior

Opioid

Parenteral Prior

Opioid

Oxycodone

--

Codeine

--

Hydrocodone

--

Hydromorphone

Levorphanol

Meperidine

Methadone

Morphine

* To be used only for conversion to oral oxycodone. For patients receiving high-dose parenteral opioids, a more conservative conversion is warranted. For example, for high-dose parenteral morphine, use 1.5 instead of 3 as a multiplication factor.

</SPAN>

Opiyum
10-15-2006, 01:48 AM
As said many times...go with the morph especially if your eating it. All drugs can be a good time though. So go a little crazy.

In honor of Dicks Den...."Why not?"

BigWaves
10-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Consider this, I can get 3 15 mgs for $10 but oxy is $45 for an 80 mg. Would most people agree that the morphine is simply a much better deal or is there something about oxy they prefer?

This has undoubtedly been metioned in another thread, but for whatever the meaning/translation-to-junkie-speak isn't Oxycodone derived from Thebaine, and morphine itself [I]IS a parent alkaloid?

And what's it all mean to me? :D

PRIZEFIGHTERINFERNO
11-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Heres another Narcotic Calculator. I always use this for fun or whatnot. But generally i think these Calculators and Equipotent charts are bullSh!t. They never agree which is kinda weird.

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

exitwound
11-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Oxycodone is about 50% more potent by weight and is considerably more effective at pain control while generally producing less nausea than morphine.

It does, however, tend to produce somewhat more constipation.

Unfortunately oxycodone despite its advantages has still proven to be insufficient to manage my chronic pain. I never thought I'd have to say that Oxycontin isn't enough for me! =0

Hopefully Opana will prove better, because Dilaudid certainly worked better than oxy does (granted, I have only partial cross-tolerance so it's not to say that hydromorphone would work drastically better than oxy for me, if used daily).....and Opana is a related but stronger painkiller. Fentanyl did have promise when I tried it but my state insurance won't pay for it and with any luck, they will pay for Opana. If not, I don't know what the fuck I am going to do..... :(

insaneike
11-19-2006, 08:54 PM
I kinda prefer Oxy, unless I got a HUGE morphine dose...(300mg at the minimum of MSIR). I also find them basicly the exact same, cept oxy has a bit more kick(UNLESS I got one hell of a high morph dose!) and better at killing my pain. Like 30mg IRoxy is equiv to 60mg MSIR(the morph snorted of course)... Now oraly, the morphine is kinda pointless, to me... If it isn't snorted atleast it's just gonna be waisted.

Oxy is hands down my choice, as I use it mostly for pain and the doses of morph I'd require would just cost too much to be worthwhile. Now if I had an unlimited amount of morphine, I kinda like its euphoria better, but other than that, oxy ftw to ME!

later

CDN-HITLER
11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I like both. the OX wins because it is easier to prepare for IV use

SpecialGuy69
11-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with hitler. OC is better because it's easier to prepare for my ROA of choice, snorting. Now if you had 2 bottles of powder, each of which didn't burn, I'd pick the morphine. But in real life, you gotta jump through hoops to get that shit out of the time release matrix that most morphine pills have.

My one experience with MS-IR was very plesant. I enjoyed it intensely, even at a low dose (90mg snorted)