PDA

View Full Version : Any Way to Kill The Adderall Comedown

Ironic
07-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, got hands on a 30 mg IR Adderall. Don't usually take these things because the high is not worth the crash, but I get a ridiculous amount of work done, and I have finals next week.

I always make sure I have a little bit of wine (nothing too hard on the stomach with having eaten very little that day), bud, and a few extra benzos but I still end up staying up till 6 am the next day experiencing a comedown that I consider very, very harsh for taking one Adderall one time. Opiates are not an option (other than Sub, which I take)

Any advice on how to minimize the comedown? Taking the 30 mg at once or splitting it up? I usually take 25 mg in the morning and 3-4 hours later I take the 5 mg..I've heard that that can make the crash more gradual in intensity.

ausativa
07-30-2011, 11:27 AM
well there is two options.. you can take less adderall, or MORE opiates..

DONE!

TheMentor
07-30-2011, 11:41 AM
SWIM takes 20MG IR Adderall daily before work. He has found the best method for him is to take on a half full or full stomach. He felt very sick from over working (10 hours a day) and under eating, so I eat breakfast and take one, or take one and pick up breakfast on the way to work.
Eat as normal as possible, even if you don't feel like it. He doesn't eat a lot during the day normally, but he makes himself eat lunch.

The first time SWIM took a 20MG Adderall he was wired for 48 hours, now when he takes 1 around 7-8 am and another at 12 pm they last him all day and he can sleep well at night. 30 MG at 12, he thinks, would probably keep him up late too.

Try cutting your dose down to 20 and do the above mentioned things, see how this works, perhaps.

Ironic
07-30-2011, 11:53 AM
well there is two options.. you can take less adderall, or MORE opiates..

DONE!

Uhm do you mean take more Suboxone? I thought about that but usually Suboxone makes it hard for me to sleep too! I don't dose past 6 pm, and only .5 mg then.

@ TheMentor I agree, 20 mg would probably make me less wired..but I usually don't feel speedfreaky enough until 30..like I work at 20mg but I'm euphoric at 30. The other reason I usually take the whole thing is because with speed, I can't be trusted. I will keep doing it and doing it until there is none left (that's why I stay away lol). Adderall is the same..so I usually just take the 30.
I am going to take your suggestion about the time though. I am going to wake up extra early (8 am) to take it. You say you dose 20 mg at 8 am ish and then another around noon? Do you think the gradual dosing helps? Maybe it would be better to take 20 mg at 8 and 10 mg at 11ish..the euphoria not unless I eat the whole fucking thing has got to be in my head. I haven't taken Adderall since April (and then it was only once or twice), I have no tolerance.

TheMentor
07-30-2011, 12:18 PM
SWIM definitely doesn't feel euphoric anymore. He's been taking them for about .. 2 months now, daily. But they still give him a small buzz, but it's becoming quickly tolerant.
He actually started using to avoid opiate w/d, he found them to be a miracle, and noticed they not only did that, but felt nice, and helped with his attention problem. He's not been diagnosed ADHD, but has strong suspicions, which he plans on finding out soon.
SWIM does enjoy speed, but much prefers opiates, and has the same problem as you with them. Even though he uses opiates for chronic pain, he enjoys the high much more than any other; so he has no real problem controlling his consumption of amphetamines.

Gradual dosing gives him a nice buzz, energy rush and focus all day at work and after, but probably not the euphoric feeling you may desire.

SWIM wakes up around 6:45-7 for work generally, so if you want to wake up that early to try, you can. Otherwise just do it once you wake up, and don't dose again on 20MG after ~4PM. The most he's ever taken for an all day work load is ~7AM, ~12PM, ~3PM.

Unfortunately, we must all learn to be disciplined, not only to avoid eating ramen noodles daily to afford our habit, but to be safe.

SHELLEY
07-30-2011, 01:40 PM
you need a comedown drug for ONE 30mg adderall?

Eddie Dean
07-30-2011, 01:46 PM
you need a comedown drug for ONE 30mg adderall?

lol thats what I was thinking shelley.. rofl

Also even just a 1mg xanex should be enough to put ya to sleep from one pill man..

Larkin
07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
well some people dont IV meth on the regular, and 30mg can be a lot of someone with no amp tolerance

take some xanax, or when i last took adderall... it was 150mg and i took like 8 doxylamine pills and slept for a good 6 hours

benzos would be better

adderall always blocked opiates for me

Dutch
07-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Dude Adderall has a harder crash than Crystal Meth IME. The euphoria only lasts like an hour but the uncomfortable wired effects last all damn day. But to answer OPs question, Benzos are your friend. Any benzo will take the edge right off. In order of what would be my preference: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium. Also the ERs are a little better for stamina but to be frank Methamphetamine makes DextroAmphetamine/Amphetamine look like childrens tylenol, and has fewer physical side effects believe it or not. On adderall i've had chest pains, heart palpitations, and numb face/fingers but meth rarely increases my heartrate past anything than a light jog would. Adderall is fucking rough.

Also 30mg will fucking DRILL someone with no speed experience. 90mg gets me goin and i've been using CA Shards for years.

Ironic
07-30-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't IV Adderall.

And yes, I do. Adderall, even IR Adderall, makes me have a bad comedown. I'll take one at noon and take a mg or two of Klonopin when I start feeling shitty, maybe after 8 hours or so, and it doesn't touch it. I usually won't fall asleep till 5 or 6 AM the next day, and that's with smoking weed, drinking an airplane bottle or two, and at LEAST 2 mg of klonopin (or equivalent).

Laugh all you want at it, just don't insinuate that I don't know what I'm saying. For ME, this is what happens. I'm sure it isn't all that normal, even for someone with no tolerance to (meth)amphetamines. I do have a tolerance to benzos. I took 1-2mg of klonopin a day for 18 months or so, but I never ate handfuls of them. Stopped benzos for about a year and now I take 15 mg of temazepam at night.

EDIT: I have taken Adderall tons of times over the years, but not enough for a tolerance. I was prescribed Concerta for a few months at age 14. Was no bueno. However, based on all of these experiences, it seems that ~30 mg is what I need to feel euphoric..but I'm the retard that always insists she isn't high till she passes out.

Larkin
07-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Dude Adderall has a harder crash than Crystal Meth IME. The euphoria only lasts like an hour but the uncomfortable wired effects last all damn day. But to answer OPs question, Benzos are your friend. Any benzo will take the edge right off. In order of what would be my preference: Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium. Also the ERs are a little better for stamina but to be frank Methamphetamine makes DextroAmphetamine/Amphetamine look like childrens tylenol, and has fewer physical side effects believe it or not. On adderall i've had chest pains, heart palpitations, and numb face/fingers but meth rarely increases my heartrate past anything than a light jog would. Adderall is fucking rough.

Also 30mg will fucking DRILL someone with no speed experience. 90mg gets me goin and i've been using CA Shards for years.

propylhexadrine is even nastier than adderall with the side effects and crash. not to mention the nasty fucking menthol taste

adderall always gave me really bad shits the next day, but while im on adderall i dont shit unless i really to, my guess is cause its a diuretic like cran juice, but the next day, fuck me

and also the next day, really bad hard palps. sometimes i will sort of "hiccup" and then my heart will start RACING, like 0-60 shit, and the only way to get it to go away is to squat and put my head between my knees and breath slowly through my nose and out through the mouth

Dutch
07-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah adderall is really hard on your cardiovascular system. Medical science reports support that the danger of stroke and heart attack is much greater with lesser amphetamines such as dextro when compared to Methamphetamine. Sometimes i only notice a minor increase in blood pressure and resting heart rate on moderate to heavy doses of methamphetamine. 60mg + of mixed amphetamine salts (adderall) will have my heart racing for hours and it's quite unsettling. Also the inability to sleep long after any desirable effects remain with Adderall make it miserable. With meth your high and then you crash and pass out with a few hours in between.

Chipper
07-30-2011, 03:15 PM
A topic I know well .. hair of the dog, bro ... hair of the dog ...

Ironic
07-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Am I being ridiculous about 30 mg = euphoria?

clonaze-whammed
07-30-2011, 03:44 PM
A topic I know well .. hair of the dog, bro ... hair of the dog ...

yeah exactly, rinse and repeat.

Pantopon Pete
07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
SWIM takes 20MG IR Adderall daily before work. He has found the best method for him is to take on a half full or full stomach. He felt very sick from over working (10 hours a day) and under eating, so I eat breakfast and take one, or take one and pick up breakfast on the way to work.
Eat as normal as possible, even if you don't feel like it. He doesn't eat a lot during the day normally, but he makes himself eat lunch.

The first time SWIM took a 20MG Adderall he was wired for 48 hours, now when he takes 1 around 7-8 am and another at 12 pm they last him all day and he can sleep well at night. 30 MG at 12, he thinks, would probably keep him up late too.

Try cutting your dose down to 20 and do the above mentioned things, see how this works, perhaps.

SWIM definitely doesn't feel euphoric anymore. He's been taking them for about .. 2 months now, daily. But they still give him a small buzz, but it's becoming quickly tolerant.
He actually started using to avoid opiate w/d, he found them to be a miracle, and noticed they not only did that, but felt nice, and helped with his attention problem. He's not been diagnosed ADHD, but has strong suspicions, which he plans on finding out soon.
SWIM does enjoy speed, but much prefers opiates, and has the same problem as you with them. Even though he uses opiates for chronic pain, he enjoys the high much more than any other; so he has no real problem controlling his consumption of amphetamines.

Gradual dosing gives him a nice buzz, energy rush and focus all day at work and after, but probably not the euphoric feeling you may desire.

SWIM wakes up around 6:45-7 for work generally, so if you want to wake up that early to try, you can. Otherwise just do it once you wake up, and don't dose again on 20MG after ~4PM. The most he's ever taken for an all day work load is ~7AM, ~12PM, ~3PM.

Unfortunately, we must all learn to be disciplined, not only to avoid eating ramen noodles daily to afford our habit, but to be safe.

Wow, I nominate you for the most unnecessary overuse of SWIM for 2011. I don't think the federales are gonna hunt you down for saying you take Adderall. Don't hold me to that, though.

Dantesheaven
07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't IV Adderall.

And yes, I do. Adderall, even IR Adderall, makes me have a bad comedown. I'll take one at noon and take a mg or two of Klonopin when I start feeling shitty, maybe after 8 hours or so, and it doesn't touch it. I usually won't fall asleep till 5 or 6 AM the next day, and that's with smoking weed, drinking an airplane bottle or two, and at LEAST 2 mg of klonopin (or equivalent).

Laugh all you want at it, just don't insinuate that I don't know what I'm saying. For ME, this is what happens. I'm sure it isn't all that normal, even for someone with no tolerance to (meth)amphetamines. I do have a tolerance to benzos. I took 1-2mg of klonopin a day for 18 months or so, but I never ate handfuls of them. Stopped benzos for about a year and now I take 15 mg of temazepam at night.

EDIT: I have taken Adderall tons of times over the years, but not enough for a tolerance. I was prescribed Concerta for a few months at age 14. Was no bueno. However, based on all of these experiences, it seems that ~30 mg is what I need to feel euphoric..but I'm the retard that always insists she isn't high till she passes out.

There's no shame in having a low tolly to any drug, especially stims. I have a monstrous opiate tolerance (even though my daily dose is quite low, it still takes me insanely high doses to get off), but the tiniest bit of stimulants, whether it's coke, adderall, x, and I'm spun like a top for hours and the come down is dreadful. Chain smoking cigs always helped me come down from doing a ball or 2 of coke in a night, made it a little smoother. But nothing will help you more than benzos. A few ambien will do wonders as well.

underide
08-02-2011, 05:24 PM
hey ironic, if adderal is anything like the stuff i'm using now..
well actually let me say this first - i have had regular amphet/speed come-downs in the past and the stuff i'm using has longer comedowns, but not as intense as dex-speed comedowns

what i can deffinitely vouch for in terms of making the comedowns easier (and i have a feeling my advice here would work for all stim comedowns

what i take is MDPV (diluted powder)
Horrid comedowns by all acounts if you ever talked to anyone after a peeve binge
That they are

but you can definitely soothe the crash-landing a bit..and even a little bit counts

first of all -
do you keep opies for the crash?- allways a pleasure, and possibly most ffective tool in the kit
do you keep benzo's/downers for the crash? almost as useful as opies especially if combined
do you make sure you are hydrated during your stim run ? - trust me bro - EXTREMELY important for bolth, health, but also you would feel so much better during the crash haven consumed a propper (large volume) of fluids
Do you drink juice that contains vitamins during the run? -also important at sothing-out the rough edges of crash

the way i do it
I do my best to make sure that i have at the very least 5x7.5mg zopiclones (ideally 8-10pills)
put the zopiclones away for crashing
after 2-3 hours into the binge i do my best to make sure that i keep drimking LARGE volumes of fluids very few minutes
it refreshes me on the spot and is helping my body avoid the worst possible crash
i like to drink multi-vit juices, purer, the better
also at certain points of the night i'd make my self cups of herbal tea, with a few squirts of lemmon juice
i keep drinking all the while and it is surprisingly good at soothing out the horrid crash - i know so , because the few times i was only able to drink very little - i would end up crashing much harder

just as i run out of my stuff and say - thats it!
I take a nice lukeworm shower
after which i eat the zopiclones

the rest is just gotta be endured so not much point feeling too down about it

well i do hope this helps
it has in my case

SHELLEY
08-02-2011, 06:31 PM
from now on, i will not answer any questions containing more than one use of the acronym SWIM
any other opis want to help in boycotting these annoying fucking swimming questions?
if enough of us say fuck you to the swimmers
maybe we'll stop seeing these threads
where swim took a hit of swims weed pipe and now swim is high and driving swims car, etc
jesus fucking christ, it's not just annoying and redundant, it's also stupid and pointless

candyman20
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
from now on, i will not answer any questions containing more than one use of the acronym SWIM
any other opis want to help in boycotting these annoying fucking swimming questions?
if enough of us say fuck you to the swimmers
maybe we'll stop seeing these threads
where swim took a hit of swims weed pipe and now swim is high and driving swims car, etc
jesus fucking christ, it's not just annoying and redundant, it's also stupid and pointless
i think ill join u on this shelley i cant fuckin stand reading the word swim in every damn sentence

Pantopon Pete
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Amen. I've never been more annoyed by a swimmy post than this one.

underide
08-02-2011, 09:03 PM
its easy to get used to swimmers without getting annoyed
just dont focus on the swim, rather the post
and remember that in all probability -the swim is not gonna change his swimming ways

i dont mind it at all really

silly though, yes

Inside_out
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey guys, got hands on a 30 mg IR Adderall. Don't usually take these things because the high is not worth the crash, but I get a ridiculous amount of work done, and I have finals next week.

I always make sure I have a little bit of wine (nothing too hard on the stomach with having eaten very little that day), bud, and a few extra benzos but I still end up staying up till 6 am the next day experiencing a comedown that I consider very, very harsh for taking one Adderall one time. Opiates are not an option (other than Sub, which I take)

Any advice on how to minimize the comedown? Taking the 30 mg at once or splitting it up? I usually take 25 mg in the morning and 3-4 hours later I take the 5 mg..I've heard that that can make the crash more gradual in intensity.

How early in the morning? This is my rule if I take adderall: Count 13hrs ahead (even if IR) decide if you want to stay up that late if so, take and enjoy but if not don't. Other than that I recommend exactly what you've tried.

This is my other rule: Do not have any caffeine/energy drinks etc. unless you want to get more jacked/stay up longer. I generally take mine with a sugar free redbull sometimes two. *shrugs* If you're not having caffeine etc that day then just split it and if you need/want more later take the rest. But if you do, that's on you man not the drug.

P.s. just read airplane bottle? That's your problem man! I drink a Tilt and a half or something like that and I crash around 2 or 3am. Pretty late I guess but not when you wake up at 1030am!

irish
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't swim, don't feel the need.

Ironic
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I think I found what worked for me. Took 25 mg of Adderall at 11am (with a can of Mountain Dew), the other 5 at 1:30. I started popping benzos around 530pm.

Seems like 3 mg of Xanax (or equivalent), a glass of wine, and some weed is what I need :)

Sydewayz
08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
The first time I tried Adderall about 10 years ago I was up almost 2 days straight it was terrible.. However since then any type of stimulant I tried the only thing that would bring me down is Benzos not even drinking would help..

TheTalkingAsshole
08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
arrgh, crashing disgustingly hard from 100mgs vyvanse
from what ive read in pharmacology literature,
as well as experienced first hand
drinking alcohol/smoking weed seems to just kick the amp right back up
it takes some serious chemical sedation (1mg xanax ABSOLUTE minimum)

i keep getting these terrible headaches on the comedown, driving me fucking insane
AND NO GOD DAMN OPIATES(my fault entirely)

Ironic
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
^^ I think the headache (for me) is usually from chewing/grinding

Inside_out
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
^^ I think the headache (for me) is usually from chewing/grinding
Me too and I have TMJ/TMD, however you say it, so I already grind my teeth normally! :(

sourcecod
08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
40mg Ambien worked for me.

As for headache, I've done okay with naproxen...