PDA

View Full Version : fent gel patch question

LorTabitha
07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
My neighbor's Aunt Glenda has a few of the gel fent patches that are left from when her husband died. She is also prescribed opiates but was hoping to enjoy the leftover patches as well.

I have tried UTMFSE but cannot find a safe answer to her question.

She wore a patch for a day & is bored with it. She DOES NOT WANT TO SMOKE the gel. What is the safest was for her to use it - sublingually, in her cheek, ...?

And how does she "prepare" it (measure a dose)?

Thanks for your help. I told her I'm sure y'all will know the answers.

Edit: I'm very familiar with the mylans, this is for the gel patches only.

Bartholomew
07-01-2011, 11:00 PM
i'd seriously ask her to reconsider smoking it. if i had a gel patch i would be in heaven cause i LOVE smoking em. you can always start with just a BB sized blob to smoke. but, if smoking really isn't her thing, i'm not sure how to cheek the gel patches. maybe just leave the gel on your gums? i'm not real sure. as i said, i always smoke 'em. sorry i couldn't be of more help :(

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 01:22 AM
It's just not practical for her to smoke the fent around her family. I originally suggested that to her.

murphle
07-02-2011, 02:29 AM
How big is Aunt Glendas tolerance, and how many mics(size)is the patches she has? And is she a good witch or a bad witch? Aunt Glenda could use one of those opiate conversion charts like this one, use common sense and dose from their recommendation. http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

Or Glenda could squeeze out gel into one pile, then separate that into 4 piles. Try one of the 4 piles in her mouth or nose and give it 15 minutes. If her desired effect is not reached try another pile and wait another 15 mns or so. So on, and so forth until she is feeling good all the way down to her ruby slippers.
Remind Aunt Glenda FENT is very strong, and has a quick half life, so bad things can happen very quickly if Aunts aren't careful. But, because of the same fact FENT is very fun to play with!

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 08:04 AM
1) Aunt Glenda's tolerance is about "medium" right now, I'd say.
2) the patch is a Watson, 75 mcg. The package says it contains 7.5 mg fentanyl.
3) Aunt Glenda is a very, very good witch. ;-)

Thanks for your help. Anyone prefer nasal or cheek? Which is better?

Miss M
07-02-2011, 08:14 AM
The safest way would probably be the inside the cheek -- slowest absorption of the routes you have mentioned.....but please, please go *very* slowly....my 2 year affair with the stuff nearly killed me, literally. I used to insufflate the gel....and wound up with a 10+ mg per day habit.

Wearing the patch as you mentioned would, indeed be the safest, most likely. Remeber it takes upward of 72 hours that route for fent to reach "steady state" in your system. Not for the impatient :-)

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks Miss M. I talked to her this morning & she's decided to try the cheek thing later unless she can find the other patches she somehow misplaced. Then she will probably just wear two.

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Apparently Aunt Glenda is also a lush & enjoyed a "few" cocktails last night... Not a good mix with fent... Good thing her thoughtful friend checked on her.

I'm gonna suggest she go easy on the fent yummies and definitely lay off the booze in the meantime.

gimpylegs
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I am fairly new to the site, but have quite a bit of experience with the gel patches--it is my DOC and has been for the past two years. A very effective way to use them is between the other cheeks, i am sure you can figure that out. When I was using this ROA, I would mix equal parts water and gel (a 75mcg patch has .75ml/75units of gel) into a 3ml syringe with an 18-21 guage needle. Remove the needle before plugging of course. To start out, i think using 1/3 of a patch would be fairly safe, but please exercise caution.

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Thank you. I'll work on finding a delicate way to discuss this with Aunt Glenda ;-) but I'm sure it'd be effective .

Euphoricgirl
07-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Give aunt Glenda my love and tell her to be frigan careful so her sister doesn't have to fly in to kick her in the ass! B-)

LorTabitha
07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Will do EG. She can't find her other patches so she'll have to wait until Tuesday for her assistant to go help her locate them. It's probably better that way...

borohydride
07-03-2011, 05:48 AM
If someone smokes cigarettes then maybe the Russian method developed for etonitazine can be used? A chemist in Moscow knocked some up but the stuff is rather dangerous (fatal in 10 cases) if injected. Instead they dipped a length of thread into a solution of the drug, allowed it to dry & then poked it down the length of the cigarette. That way the drug entered the body over a few minutes preventing respiratory collapse & allowed it to be shared. Fentanyl citrate is soluble in methanol so although you need to be careful (gloves, glasses, clothing to prevent spills on skin), it might be more efficient (buccal route >50% bioavailability).

BTW Ignore the claims that etonitazine is x1500 morphine, it's actually about x60 in humans (so it's only super-potent in rodents). Fentanyl is supposed to be about x80 (for analgesia) in humans so those 7.5mg equates to something around 600mg of morphine... which is rather a lot.

Woody Bear
07-03-2011, 09:51 AM
The problem with injecting, plugging, or even to a smaller degree, smoking fentanyl, is that it's too easy to go from: Not high enough, to passing out from taking to much.

Instead of trying to get it into your body as rapidly as possible (by IV, plugging or smoking), it's safer to gently increase your dose, but in a way where you'd be able to stop once you felt like you got enough.

So with the matrix patches, cutting out a strip and placing it between your lip and your gum is actually the best method. But with the gel patches, that doesn't work so well, because the gel would slide around your mouth. Even so, if you do try using the gel like that, it's best to stick a blob between your lip and gum, as it would be more likely to be trapped there.

Sticking a blob of gel under your tongue would be futile, as your mouth could tell there was something in there, and would start to produce a lot of saliva. So then you'd be forced to swallow, and that gel would get wasted, because fentanyl's oral bioavailability is low (33%) compared to fentanyl's buccal bioavailabilty (50%).

So if you have the gel patches, the safest way of (ab)using them is to wear one, but hold a hot water bottle next to it, as the heat will speed up the release of fentanyl into your system.

LorTabitha, I know that your Aunt has tried wearing them and didn't like it, but she'd be best off trying to wear one again, with the hot water bottle pressed against it. That way she can remove the patch before sleeping, or if she starts feeling it getting to strong.

I'd highly recommend she try the hot water bottle thing before she starts extracting the gel from the patch, as that way is far more likely to result in her accidentally ODing.

borohydride
07-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I've tried the hot water bottle thing without success (before I was really accustomed but still...) & smoking it. The funny thing is, when you smoke it it's still not instant. Anyone used to smoking H might take more tokes thinking they already felt the last ones, but this wasn't the case for me. Wiping it over a larger area & taking ones time is certainly a good way of reducing risk while still getting the most out of it. I used a 3x3 inch piece of foil which I fully wiped with gel before drying in an oven at about 50C for 10 minutes. You cannot see anything on the foil & there is no visible vapour... you just get high(er).

Plugging is a very good idea. Since you can dissolve in a quite reasonable volume of water you can dose it BUT the actual bioavailability isn't as good as one might expect:

http://journals.lww.com/pedresearch/Fulltext/1996/04001/Comparison_of_Rectal_Vs__Intravenous_Fentanyl_in.4 62.aspx

In the long-run, I guess if it's there it is worth taking but I wouldn't pay for fentanyl. Diconal or Levor-Dromoran are worth but the description of 'vanilla fentanyl' is just about right. More euphoria from a handful of DHCs!

LorTabitha
07-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone! She doesn't smoke so the cigarette option is out.

She told me that just wearing them with heat applied worked the best out of everything.

jill
07-03-2011, 12:22 PM
She told me that just wearing them with heat applied worked the best out of everything.

Just tell her to be careful with the heat source. A hot water bottle is probably the safest.

I have seen a lot of OD's from using a blow dryer, electric heating pad, and other sources like that.

LorTabitha
07-10-2011, 03:20 AM
I just got a call from Aunt Glenda. She discovered that the easiest way she found to keep her patches attached to her is to wear them tucked inside her bra. She reported no problems with the patch shifting or coming loose.

Aunt Glenda had been cooped up and needed to have some fun so she also tried the plugging suggestion. She said she was high, high, high! I was a little worried about her but she said it went well except for one thing; she tried to mix the gel with equal parts water but the gel did NOT want to dissolve in the water. Any suggestions on another way to do this? She finally got it to semi-dissolve but it took her almost 5 minutes of stirring.

Edit: please do not try the plugging method if you don't have a very high tolerance. It would be much too easy to OD this way as the fent takes a bit to feel it, but then WHAM.

murphle
07-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Tiny, and I mean tiny amount of rubbing alcohol or heat will make it less gell-like.