PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with the three Z's, Zolpidem, Zopiclone, Zaleplon.

john_doe
08-31-2006, 10:02 PM
This thread is about fellow opiophiles experiences with the drugs, Zolpidem (Ambien), Zopiclone (Imovane) and Zaleplon (Sonata). I do not know much about these drugs, but would love to hear about other's experiences with them. I think a thread about these drugs would be good for people wanting info on them since there aren't many threads about them on this site. I've heard they are like Benzodiazepenes but without the addictive traits, but i've also heard they are just as addictive as benzodiazepenes. Do they make you feel euphoric, or just plain sleepy? Do they make you feel drunk? Opied? Or give you hallucinations? Cause blackouts? What can you tell me about these novel drugs? Thanks so much for reading this. I look forward to your answers. :) Please write the ones you have tried with brief descriptions of the high or lack of high or good or bad side effects. It's up to you. Just make sure to specify which pill you are talking about! Thank you everyone!

moviebuff927
08-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I've taken Ambien (both the instant release and the new CR)

My experience is that they're not as euphoric as the benzodiazepines (if you consider benzos euphoric at all) but they do better at putting me to sleep than the benzos. I just feel drowsy, a little ataxia, but mostly drowsiness.

It does have recreational potential, but to me it is very low especially compared to opiates, or even benzos. I'd rather have 20 Xanax bars than 100 Ambien. But that's just me.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying the other 2 Z's...

Opuim4TheMasses
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Ive only tried Ambien of the three and it didnt do anything to me. Ive tried it about 3 times. 1st time taking 20mg, 2nf 40mg, 3rd 50mg...but i take k-pins, valium, atvan and xanax regularly.....i dont know about X-tolorance to these as they arent rx'ed to me...

Seedy
09-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I was prescribed Zopiclone for insomnia (wd's). I'd definately only take them to get to sleep. The first night it took 3x 7.5 mg pills to knock me out & I woke up the next morning feeling a little groggy & confused, but nicely relaxed & feeling pretty good for work. Definately a good sleeping pill.

Zoops
09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
this is the thread for moi! I have extensive experience abusing two of those "Z" drugs, and have taken the (S)-zopiclone on just two occasions (I mean I abused it on two occaisions). I will attempt to summarize what I know about these interesting (I thought I was the only cat who thought they were interesting) in this short space.

Zolpidem, marketed as "Ambien" was the first out of the three on the U.S. market. It was introduced sometime around 1993 or 1994, and was relatively unknown for the first few years. Basically no efforts at marketing the drug were made. I guess Searle just wanted to see if the demand would be self-generating, by word of mouth. I guess it wasn't because nowadays there's lots of TV ads for it (which leads me to ask why in the fuck can't I just buy the shit OTC??) Back about 10 years ago they had drug reps going about givin' out samples and telling docs to Rx for it, but other'n that nothing - advertising in earnest didnt' start until a few years ago, even thouhg the drug has been on the market for over ten years. It is the only "Z" drug which is in the form of a salt, in the pharmaceutical product - zolpidem tartrate - two molecules of zolp. to one molecule of tartaric acid. It is therefore very water soluble. More about that later.

Zolpidem kicks in fast when taken orally (I mean in like 5 to 10 minutes), and has a t 1/2 (half-life) of about 2 and a half hours. can cause intense amnesia in dosess above 20mg. I mean intense fucking amnesia. You wanna MAKE someone not remember something? Ambien, at about a 50-60mg dose should be your first choice. EXTREMELY SAFE IN OVERDOSE SITUATION.

Zolpidem, for me, in high doses (at or above 40mg oral) would make me slightly nauseated,, which is unheard of with tranq's. but I've heard of other folks gettin nausea from zolpidem.

The most radical aspect of zolpidem, with respect to the other members of the "Z" pseudo-benzo class, is its good water solubility. Scrape the film coating off of a 10mg tablet (very small, white oblong shaped caplet shape - "AMB 10" on one side. Crush the skinned/peeled ambient tablet and then put that powder into a suitable cooker. You'll need, ideally a 3ml detacheable needle syringe. You can cook up the ambien powder in the normal fashion, with water, but it's slightly difficult to get the solution to get "clear." Best you can hope for is sorta clear milky white. Like if you add a spoonfull of milk to a glass of water. Filter the best you can, but don't fret if it's not completely clear solution. It ain't going to happen.

slam that shit and oh mutherfuckin boy- 10mg dose IV will be quite the heavy hit because when taken orally, zolpidem is subjected to high first-pass hepatic metabolism - something like 40% gets inactivated in the first pass. so slamming all 10mg right into your bloodstream makes for qualitatively entirely different experience. It is hallucinogenic at high doses. If you inspect the molecular structure of zolpidem, you'll see that there are some definite commonalities between zolpidem and the hallucinogenic drug N,N-dimethyltryptamine. No lie, check it out. Mainly, the hallucinogenic effects I have experienced are a sheen of iridescent red and green pixels over everything and some closed-eye visuals. Some depersonalization can take hold when interacting with others in this condition.

Over all, for zolpidem tartrate - thumbs up. Be careful kids.

O.K., on to MY personal fave - zaleplon! Zaleplon, sold under the brand name "sonata" in this great country, is presented in the form of 5 and 10mg capsules. The 5mg dose is for 90 year old catatonic grannies. If your doctor tries to give you 5mg then slap the fuck out of him right there in his office!

Sonata comes in capsules. Powder inside the capsuls only fills up the capsule about halfway. You can take 'em orally, just make sure you got no food in your stomach, but the BEST DEAL with sonatas is that YOU CAN SNORT 'EM! That's right, snort 'em. You need two 10mg capsules (green and grey). snort the contents of one capsule up one nostril and the other up the other. Within like 30 seconds (prolly sooner) you will be fucking floored. Like zolpidem, zaleplon is slightly hallucinogenic when taken this way. Majorly causes amnesia too, so be careful! Half life of zaleplon is about 1 hour only.

Zaleplon won't dissolve in water so it is UNSHOOTABLE. don't neven try. Just snort 'em.!

As for zopiclone, or the (S)-isomer for sale inteh USA, it's the weakest of the three. Lasts the longest out of all of 'em. It's something like 8 hour half-life. It made me sleepy well into the next day. and there was no rush to speak of. Limited abuse potential :mad: . Don't waste your time with lunesta.

O.k, no get out there and scam some ambien and sonata off your freindly neighborhood docs!

superman
09-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I get a good buzz from zopiclone, quite enjoyable.

haven't used the others

Zoops
09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
hey Superman are you talking about the old racemic mixture zopiclone, which has been available for a long time outside the United States, sold under "imovane" or are you talking about the newer version of the drug, sold under the brand "lunesta" in the States? Lunesta is the purified "S" isomer of zopiclone - hence the name "eszopiclone."

Maybe the other isomer, the "R" isomers I'd presume, possesss some euphoric/buzz-inducing effects and that's why that isomer is not included in the US version. I though Lunesta was good for sleep, but it lasts quite a while and makes me sleepy the next day after I take it.

Zaleplon - sonata is the BOMB. Im'ma try and git some tomorrow.

superman
09-02-2006, 06:56 AM
hey Superman are you talking about the old racemic mixture zopiclone, which has been available for a long time outside the United States, sold under "imovane"?

yes. though i know nothing of the stereoisomeric composition, i know the compound is called zopiclone. imovane must be a brand name, i have trouble remembering brands.

strange how safe it is when taken alone. saw the effects of 13(IIRC, don't bet your life on it) of these buggers on a buddy (he was very depressed at the time, this was a call for help). poison control said he'd be fine, and he was.

turned him into jelly, he couldn't get up, but he could try, but his muscles would only work in fraction of a second bursts. he could even talk(heavy slurr) during this stage.

not long after he went into a deep sleep, had to carry him someplace comfortable to sleep. stayed there for many many hours.

Zoops
09-02-2006, 08:45 AM
yes. though i know nothing of the stereoisomeric composition, i know the compound is called zopiclone. imovane must be a brand name, i have trouble remembering brands.

strange how safe it is when taken alone. saw the effects of 13(IIRC, don't bet your life on it) of these buggers on a buddy (he was very depressed at the time, this was a call for help). poison control said he'd be fine, and he was.

turned him into jelly, he couldn't get up, but he could try, but his muscles would only work in fraction of a second bursts. he could even talk(heavy slurr) during this stage.

not long after he went into a deep sleep, had to carry him someplace comfortable to sleep. stayed there for many many hours.

Right on. Anyone who tries to kill themselves by taking an OD of zopiclone, eszopiclone ('Lunesta' in the United States), zolpidem or zaleplon is going to be big-time disappointed, because it CAN'T be done!

You can't kill yourself with these drugs! If you took a bunch of 'em and then shot yourself through the head, then that would work, but by themselves, they don't do nothing but put into a light coma.

johnny27
09-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Zolpidem was my fav recreational drug for a long time when i was into trippy drugs, and just starting out on pharms. At 20mg, i was floored really, alot of hallucinogenic effects, i would be seeing little carton men running about. Also MAJOR audio halluciongions (sp?) really really funny ones, like little smurf voices, saying extremely funny shit, and it would seem to circle round my head, and could go from left to rite, also there would be major echoes. I think its called echolayia medically or something. I get it without drugs anyhow, due to poor mental health. I remeber i was on 20mg and was walking down my hallway, and all of a sudden, i could'nt see anything, just blackness, and a huge eagle, appered to me, and it made the most loudest deafening, and most realistic sound i've ever heard, just a huge "kwakk" like an eagle does, after that, i was gobsmacked with this drug, and was in stitches laughing for ages. Its really a stange drug and 20mg+, most def hallucinogenic, but in a really fun way, no bad trips, just fun

johnny27
09-04-2006, 06:27 AM
also, i can confirm this drug hits you within 10 mintues or under. But only lasts about an hour, and its fades out so fast, its like your high, and within 5 minutes, the high is gone, and you just feel a little dizzy.

DrMuffy
09-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Well i have tried all three of those drugs both recreationally and because i have insomnia. I have taken 20 mg of Zopidem on numerouse occasions and it did get me pretty hihg. I had minor visual effects but i was like in my own little world. As for Zopiclone or Eszopiclone i cannot find any hallucenagenic effects, but if you tke like 8-10 mg it will make you feel simalar to popping a couple valiums. Now Zaleplon worked pretty well for my, i have snorted it and felt pretty strong effects (closed eye visuals, visual distortions, streaking, so on) also if you pop a couple on an empty stomach you can get noticable effects simalar to a 1st or 2nd Platuea dose of DXM.

Blind Melon
09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
When I was detoxing the first time I was given Ambien to get me to sleep. It would knock me out without fail, but never held me asleep longer than an hour or two, max. I would like to take it when not WDing to see how I would react to it, but overall not super, duper impressed. I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on the other Z's though, just to give 'em a shot. They sound slightly more recreational, and it's always good to have a nice sleeping aid around. Never know when my insomnia is going to kick back it, it comes and goes.

Powdered Love
09-28-2006, 04:34 AM
I've tried all three and can honestly say I'm glad they cause amnesia because I never want to remember what I did while under their influence. First off, for me, taking Ambien gives me the same feeling as I could imagine getting from slamming my head into a concrete wall. I get dizzy, hallucinate a little, then COMPLETELY FORGET WHAT I DID FOR THE NEXT 4 HOURS. One situation, I was told, included me trying to pick a fight with my girlfriend's father while standing naked in his room at 3:30 in the morning because he wouldn't give me his "vikes". Try waking up to that story in the morning and having no recollection of it whatsoever. FUN. :wasntme:

Sonata: Same things as ambien

Lunesta: Pretty much no activity there at all... except for the fact that my mouth tastes like I GAVE A BLOWJOB TO A RUSTY CAR MUFFLER. Seriously, when they say a side effect is "metallic taste" they are not lying! It's really bad.

To this day I can vaguely remember standing in the shower in the wee hours of the morning, half clothed, with water spraying all over me and shaving cream all over the bathroom... this class of drug makes me to very, very strange things, almost all of which I forget until someone tells me what kind of fucked up shit I was doing the night before.

You don't have to take my advice, but, I know I will try very hard to never take any of these drugs ever again. :drool:

Zoops
10-22-2006, 07:47 PM
UPDATE:

This just in. Someone who isn't me has been for the past few days, once daily, crushing up a 2mg "Lunesta" (eszopicline/ (S)-zopiclone), mixing it with 1ml of water, cooking, filtering and slamming the resulting solution.

Immediately, a nasty-ass taste becomes apparent. sort of bitter/medicinal taste. Some of the green and red pixellated visual effects anyone who has abused ambien or sonata is familiar with will follow, and then the feeling eases into a relaxed tranqulized, state, similar to a light dose of ambien.

The stuff breaks down really well. Just heat it up good. It would be a hoot to mix with a shot of some kind of opiate.

overandout

youngcanadian
10-24-2006, 10:52 AM
This thread is about fellow opiophiles experiences with the drugs, Zolpidem (Ambien), Zopiclone (Imovane) and Zaleplon (Sonata). I do not know much about these drugs, but would love to hear about other's experiences with them. I think a thread about these drugs would be good for people wanting info on them since there aren't many threads about them on this site. I've heard they are like Benzodiazepenes but without the addictive traits, but i've also heard they are just as addictive as benzodiazepenes. Do they make you feel euphoric, or just plain sleepy? Do they make you feel drunk? Opied? Or give you hallucinations? Cause blackouts? What can you tell me about these novel drugs? Thanks so much for reading this. I look forward to your answers. :) Please write the ones you have tried with brief descriptions of the high or lack of high or good or bad side effects. It's up to you. Just make sure to specify which pill you are talking about! Thank you everyone!

I've had a script for imovan for almost 4 years now and they can be a fun recreation drug untill your tollarence gets too high. They are more fun than ativan, but not as good as diazepam or klonopin. So I don't take them that offten anymore, but still keep filling the scripts anyways since my insurance pays for it. They are simular to the benzodiazepines but unique. When I first starte taking them I would pop 5 or 6 and go for long bike rides or walks. Sometimes I made it home, other times I didn't and couldn't recall where I was or what I did before coming to. They definently cause blackouts, but once your brain gets used to them you can go to school or work all fucked up on them and still appear somewhat normal. They turned me into a zombie as opposed to putting me to sleep, which is why they were/are prescribed to me. I guess the only benefit for me now is they have a street value here in NF Canada. There are two main negative effects to this drug. One: They have the abbility to turn you into a clepto mainiac. I mean your concept of right and wrong can become very skewed. These pills have gotten me arrested once before. Two: They make your mouth and alot of stuff you eat or drink taste very bitter. The cotton mouth can be really bad and the next morning you can wind up feeling hungover. So in the short term, they are a fun/relaxing drug to use. In the long term, they arn't fun at all and are only good for their intended purpose or making you feel like shit. Anyways, i've never done the other two z's, but would love to try them as well. I hope to see some posts on them.

Zoops
10-28-2006, 05:33 AM
yup. Blackouts. hallucinations. the whole nine

This week on Monday, I requested (and got) a refill on sonata from a quack I visited over the Summer (been about 4 months). That went up my nose within the evening and a little into the next day.

Thursday (same week), I went to visit another quack in my neighborhood - he runs a walk-in clinic - old-ass Cambodian dude who speaks Spanish fluently. Most of the patients he gets - prolly over 90% - are Hispanic, and most of them don't speak a lick of English except "OK" or "good" or "yeah." But I digress. I walked into the waiting room (where they only got Spanish soap operas playing, and all the drug pamphlets are written in Spanish). Nobody's there, so the lady says, "go right in" (in English). I sit down with Dr. Quack (not his real name) and ask him politely "could I get a refill on that sleeping medicine you gave me last time I was here. It was about eleven months ago."

He quizzes me about "street drugs" after he takes my blood pressure and pulse, both of which were quite high. I get nervous when I am trying to scam drugs off doctors. He asks me if maybe I'm on cocaine or amphetamine or something (I wasn't). I was like "no, I just get nervous whenver someone's taking my blood pressure. Even those blood pressure machines in the grocery store make me nervous."

So, long story short, he scratches out a scrip for 30 sonata 10mg, with 1 refill. I was in and out of that office in 20 minutes! No lie!

So that was cool.

then, yesterday, I had an appointment with my shrink. He gave me a scrip for more wellbutrin (which I only abuse) and 30 temazepam 30mg, with 2 refills.

Pretty good week for scrips.

I hate waiting for long enough to pick up refills, though.

Zoops
11-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Update on the immediately above post.

This week, I have had awesome luck getting early refills. Today is Thursday.

On Monday, I called up the pharmacy and asked for a refill on 30 sonata 10mg I got from one of the above-noted quacks. It had been seven days since the last one, it's supposed to be a one month supply. AND, the PREVIOUS REFILL was early too! I got it refilled in three days for a thirty-day supply! (but the asshole pharmacist who was working that day had to call the doc, who did authorize it) So, this second refill (on Monday, like I said) the lady says, "o.k., sure." I was like "If it's gonna be the whole 'I have to call the doctor and ask' thing, then forget it." She was like "no problem, it'll be ready in about 20 minutes." I was quite surprised.

Nine times out of ten, it seems, and I'm sure everyone knows this, the pharmacist will be like "I have to call the doctor and ask him if it's allright because it's so early. How you go through all that medicine in six days?" (if she only knew - I went through it in about 36 hours).

So that was cool. I high-tailed it up there and got that sonata. Lasted me that day and into the following morning.

Then, then next day, on Tuesday afternoon - Halloween - I stopped by the pharmacy where I had one refill on sonata from the Cambodian quack. It had been only six days since the original scrip was filled. I was dressed in a shirt and tie, for a special thing at work, so I looked all legit and everything.
I told the cute little Indian girl with a nose ring and a dot on her head that I needed to get the refill on the sonata, and that it's gonna be early. I said I was going to go on travel for work. She didn't even stop, just typed in the shit and filled it and it was ready in 5 minutes!

So, then the next day, (this would've been Wednesday), I am feeling a little sick from bupe w/d. the last dose I had had was 2mg IV about 18 hours before. I was stretching out my supply, b/c the doctor was away in China for like 5 weeks. He got back yesterday (Nov. 1). It was early in the morning and I needed something, something, you know? I drove over to the pharmacy where I had 2 refills on temazepam 30mg from five days ago, and asked the nice lady pharmacist could I have a partial refill on the "medicine I got last Friday. I can't pronounce it." She asked how come I need some more and I told her that the car I was driving that day is in the shop for repairs and the bag with the prescription in it is still in the car - I didn't even open the bag yet. I asked for six capsules and she said fine.

So there's three super-early refills in a row, on controlled substances, with no doctor calling or nuttin.

Later in the afternoon that same day (this is Wednesday, like I said), I called the Chinese bupe doctor and asked him could I please get a couple subutex to hold me til our appointment tomorrow (which is today, yay! more sonata - he always gives me 20 sonatas). So the bupe doc called in 8 subutex 8mg for me. Man, that shot felt really really really good. Nothing like getting some dope in ya when you're getting a bit sick, ya know?

O.k., that's my week. Seems like it was a year. But an o.k. year. I gotta cut down on the sedative/hypnotics or I'll end up with a habit from those too.

SeriouslyAddicted
11-07-2006, 06:09 AM
I had to register after seeing Zoop's story about getting refills.
20mg is considered a safe dose for sonata, and doctors will prescribe it.
Tell your doctor that 10mg just ain't cutting it, and he will bump it up to 20mg a day. It worked with my doc.
60 pills a refill, and I can still go through it in a couple of days.
I told my doc I was out after just 2 weeks, and he gladly filled out another prescription for 60 more pills, but the insurance wouldn't cover it, so I am presently waiting for Nov. 10th so I can get the prescription filled without it costing an arm and a leg.
The pharmacist was nice enough to just sell me 10 pills without a prescription (this couldn't have been legal), but it was fairly expensive. I'll have to try getting her to sell me some oxy later on.

Experiences:

Ambien is alright and produces disorienting effects in higher doses (could be considered fun). I've seen a friend who had never tried any of these types of drugs have 30mg and get lost in his walk-in closet. Funniest thing I had seen in a long time. The effects seem to last probably twice as long as sonata. I've never hallucinated on ambien, but every trip has been fun. Alcohol intensifies the effects and increases hallucinations according to my alcoholic friend. Some people I have talked with hate ambien, but personally I think it can be quite fun. If you are curious, I have used ambien while on coke and weed and while drunk all at once. It was verrry fun, but I find it very hard to remember any specifics of that night.

Sonata is easily worth scamming a doc for. It is extremely fun, and makes me feel somewhat euphoric (granted it is not like the opiates). If you don't snort them, you waste them. It seems to me like they are intended to be snorted. You just pull apart the capsule and you have fine powder waiting to go up your nose in no time (literally no prep work). It hits very smooth and probably won't ever cause any nose problems. The most I have snorted in a short time (under 10 minutes) is probably around 150mg. For some reason sonata does not cause amnesia (that I can remember...) for me even in that high of a dose. The visuals of red and green pixels formed lines at these high doses, and the lines began to bend and flex in and out. You get a very intense lightheaded feeling which is probably the main reason to abuse it. I have never had a bad trip on sonata, nor have I heard of a bad trip. I have never tried mixing sonata with anything other than weed (pleasurable, no real boosting of either drugs though). I guess the only thing I could say that is negative about sonata would be how addictive it is. OH and sometimes I wake up with a mild headache if I do a lot of them.

Never tried the other drug.

EleusisII
10-04-2007, 02:36 AM
They're easy to get, because docs think they have a low abuse potential unlike benzos...

As for me: Zolpidem makes me fucked up in a really strange way, not really recommendable.

Zopiclone is fucking great, except the metallic taste, yuck... Still you sleep like a baby, and if you don't go to sleep you'll have a good time. Might get serious munchies to get rid of the taste though.
Side-effects include serious amnesia. One time I took some recreationally, I woke up the next morning and found out that I had rented a car, which I forgot all about... Doh!

Sonata, :) Thumps up, except the one time I took it, I decided to try it right away in the afternoon, and I fucking forget the bag with the pills on the train. Then you kinda know it's a damn good sleeping pill :)

resorcinol
04-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm on ambien 50 mg dose feels like a light benzo relaxation with definite trippyness. The gate out on the deck turns 3D then i get really close and can slash my hand through the not really there bars of the gate, lol.

Ambien is an odd drug for sure

eukodol3000
04-25-2008, 03:52 AM
I am a big fan of the z-drugs, though I have yet to try sonata, which seems to be getting rave reviews about when taken intranasaly. I was prescribed Ambien 10mg for many years, and it is one of my favorite drugs ever, as it would so quickly cause this carelessness (anxiolytic) affect along with a very short intense euphoria. The anti-anxiety effect seems different than the normal benzodiazepines I've tried because it's not just that I'm relaxed but I will act embarrassingly, without any inhibitions. I have stopped taking Ambien because though I enjoyed the short experiences at night, I would feel too ashamed the next morning about what I did, like walking around naked in my dorm,etc.
The only other z-drug i've tried is Lunesta (eszopiclone), which I view as a less intense version of Ambien. Lunesta does not hit as hard as Ambien does over a short period of time but instead lasts longer with a lesser strength, which isnt beneficial to me, as it just leaves me more groggy. I know Lunesta is just an American rip off of it's isonomer (?) of zopiclone, sold as Imovane, in Europe, and I wonder how the drugs compare besides the does of Lunesta being twice as potent, so you only need half.
Sorry that this was so long, but Ambien is fun and I don't care for Ambien CR at all. I would like to try sonata and I wonder why that of all the z-drugs, is so especially conducive to being snorted? Also I have been on this site for a couple months but this is my first post, I can't believe the site is finally up again.

The_Tortured_Soul
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I've tried Zolpidem (Ambien) orally a few times and it was great. I really like it at 30-40mgs. I have never had hallucinations off of it. It just boost my self confidence, removes my inhibitions, makes me rub my legs. I feel very pleasurably both physically and mentally. Music sounds awesome and talking to friends is kick ass. It does effect your memory somewhat, but the most I have done was 40mg and I had no bad side effects and felt great the next day. I love the Ambien high! I want to try them again, but bang 2 10s next time. I think I just might like Ambien better than Xanax. I want to get some from a doctor, because I have insomnia, but I can't afford the doctor visit yet. Healthcare in the states is a bitch.