PDA

View Full Version : iv novocaine

veedubgti
05-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Is it safe to use novocaine or marcaine as a medium for iv?

used the search engine and couldn't find squat.

Snoops
05-13-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm no expert..... But that sounds like a really really really really really really really really really really bad idea.

Talk about "Numb Skull" or "Needle Fever" or Both....

Just stick to bootin up the tried and trues. Ya know?

To Each His Gnome
05-13-2011, 06:49 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novocaine is engineered to work only as a topical anesthetic. It possesses NONE of the elements of cocaine that get you high; only the parts that make you numb.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RECREATIONAL VALUE TO NOVOCAINE OR SEPTACAINE OR THE LIKE. NONE. IT MAKES YOU NUMB. THAT'S ALL.

Ever gotten a huge injection of Novocaine at the dentist? Did you get fucked up? Of course not; that's ridiculous. It makes you numb topically and NOTHING more- that's exactly what it's designed for.

veedubgti
05-13-2011, 07:04 PM
The point isnt to get fucked up, I just happen to have several bottles and prefer an aseptic or antiseptic injection medium for whatever I am injecting. Also, you dont feel a thing when shooting.

I have used it several times to boot roxi 30's and it has worked like a charm everytime. I as just curious about the health aspect of taking novocaine iv if anyone has personal experience or a reference to it.

What? did you think I thought it would get me high like blow? thats fuckin retarded. I asked if it was alright to use as a medium, not a drug of abuse.

Snoops
05-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Dude.... Don't play Snoops and Gnomes like were retarded for answering up to your vauge inquiry. That aint cool...... Personally, I don't understand why you don't just use distilled H2O as your "medium"..... And just be done with it. Why play Guinea Pig wth a substance that you just so happened upon? Just for kicks? Nonsense..... Knock it off.

port rhombus
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Procaine, lidocaine, etc. are in a class of drugs called antiarrhythmics. They don't have significant cardiac effects when used topically/regionally, but they're sometimes used intravenously in a monitored medical setting for this purpose.

Look up "darwin awards" on google for more detail.

(call me a snob or whatever, but I kinda miss the old ophile, where registration was more or less permanently closed.)

mainline
05-13-2011, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't, honestly. I found this thing called water that works gret for this purpose.

Off topic, kinda, I used to know a guy (a friend of mine.... he was one of my straight lovers. But a total moron. Like really dumb.) Anyway, Him and I had a threesome with this bitch, he fucked me, fucked her, He blew me, He fucked her, i ate her, she be him, he ate her, she blew me, it was quite a night. Reason for talkin about that is because he used to claim he had made up his own way to make Meth. I thought he was insane and the stupidest person ever, but he always did it. It was like Benzocaine, shit from under the kitchen sink, ect. A bunch of wild shit. Moron. He claimed it got him high, I claimed placebo. I wouln't ever try it, ew. He said it made him so horny and thats why he went for so long that night. Ew, even thinking about it is making me vom.

After a few months of hangin out with him his stupidity finally got to me and we never spoke again unless he wanted to beg me to love him and shower me with shots. I'm notgood at pretending people dont annoy me. Anything more than a 6 hours with a non paying customer, (aka a new friend of a friend, ect) I have to tell them how they're driving me nuts. For clients,however, I deal with their stupidity as well as I can. ew again.

Dont shoot the ora-gel type drugs. Other than cocaine and similar cns active analouges.

sticky blueberry
05-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Don' t use novocaine, it really is dangerous.
It causes vasocostriction when used IV which
can cause hypertension,if you are healthy
you may not have any problems thus far...but
why risk it at all? There is absolutely no benefit,
unless you needed spinal surgery or oral surgery.
Just use water or normal saline.

Disconnect
05-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't, honestly. I found this thing called water that works gret for this purpose.

a thousand times this.

I wish I had a snapshot of my face when I read the title of this post. This looks like something you'd read on bl00lite.

Snoops
05-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Procaine, lidocaine, etc. are in a class of drugs called antiarrhythmics. They don't have significant cardiac effects when used topically/regionally, but they're sometimes used intravenously in a monitored medical setting for this purpose.

(call me a snob or whatever, but I kinda miss the old ophile, where registration was more or less permanently closed.)

Snob (circa 2009) You know I'm just sayin it to make you mad.... Don't trip.

veedubgti
05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Not tryin to start fights with anyone. it just sounded like someone misread my question and assumed i was retarded or something.

However, on the vials it says safe for intravenous injection. I tried it and it worked but I could not find anything concerning the topic with either a google or opiophile search and thought it to be a legitimate question.

And btw, novocaine causes vasodialation not constriction; thats why they add epinephrine(a vasoconstrictor) to marcaine to offset those effect.

But whatever. I was lookin, hopefully, for sourced information or personsal experience. but dont diss on me for joining recently, I've been reading this forum for years.

jill
05-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Do you truly have a bottle of "novocaine" and if so, what percentage, with or without epi?

I have experience with numerous local anesthetics, but I haven't seen novocaine used in YEARS. Just carbocaine, marcaine, lidocaine, etc., in various percentages.

The added epi to local anesthetics is a vasoconstrictor which makes the numbing effects last longer.

veedubgti
05-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Novocaine brand procaine

50ml vial 10% solution 100mg/ml

I also have several vials of lidocaine w/o epi and a bunch of marcaine with the epi

but to those interested, check out this study i just found on iv lidocaine as treatment for chronic pain.

<http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00725504>

sticky blueberry
05-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Not tryin to start fights with anyone. it just sounded like someone misread my question and assumed i was retarded or something.

However, on the vials it says safe for intravenous injection. I tried it and it worked but I could not find anything concerning the topic with either a google or opiophile search and thought it to be a legitimate question.

And btw, novocaine causes vasodialation not constriction; thats why they add epinephrine(a vasoconstrictor) to marcaine to offset those effect.

But whatever. I was lookin, hopefully, for sourced information or personsal experience. but dont diss on me for joining recently, I've been reading this forum for years.
Yes,dialation..sorry. The thought of using it just scares me considering the potential cardiac effects.Just be safe.

SeVeN
05-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Lidocane does contain Epi whitch can really be un-nerving for lots of people. Lidocane as described by port rhombus is used to change the heart rate. I wouldnt fuck with it for IV at all truthfuly. Who knows at what amount it will alter or potentialy damage heart tissue.

jill
05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
I also have several vials of lidocaine w/o epi and a bunch of marcaine with the epi

What are your specs on the lidocaine and marcaine you have above?

Also, when you say you are using as a "medium" what does that mean and how much are you using per shot? Before I go into the medical uses of them, I am just wondering why you like this so much...sounds like because it makes the shot painless, as your reasoning, along with possibility of sterility.

Although once multidose vials are punctured a certain number of times they should be discarded. I can get into the medical uses of injecting IV and the length of multidose vials use later. Gotta run right now.

Lidocane does contain Epi whitch can really be un-nerving for lots of people..<snip>

BTW, Lidocaine, as well as any local anesthetic, may or may not contain epi, there are both types. Some people do not tolerate the epi (typically petite females, or those with heart conditions).

The Ryan
05-14-2011, 11:24 AM
This looks like something you'd read on bl00lite.

yea kinda like 75% of posts as of late.

Just stick to bootin up the tried and trues. Ya know?

wait, cant i scroll a few forums up and see you speaking about shooting ativan, xanax, and benadryl?

plz...

veedubgti
05-14-2011, 11:31 AM
1) 2 x 50ml vial of lidocaine hcl injection, usp 2% (20mg lidocaine, 1mg methylparaben(antiseptic) per ml)

2) 50ml vial lidocaine hcl 1% and epinephrine 1:100,000 injection usp (10mg lidocaine, [epinephrine], 1mg methylparaben per ml)

3) 50ml vial marcaine 0.5% (bupivacaine hcl, usp) (5mg bupivacaine with 1mg methylparaben per ml)

4) 3x 50ml vial marcaine 0.5% with epinephrine 1:200,000(as bitartrate), usp (5mg bupivacaine hcl, [epinephrine], 1mg methylparaben per ml)

My only motives were sterility, the numbing sensation, and of course curiosity. However if this is indeed harmful, Ill save my stash for some home dentistry ;)

Oh and never more than 1-1.5ml used per shot, no more than once per day. However I have only tried the novocaine and lidocaine w/o the epi as im leary of injecting that iv. I have a serious seafood allergy and had do self administer a shot of epinephrine as I was going into anaphylactic shock. I felt like I was running a marathon after administering it. not the most pleasant sensation.

and just as an afternote, im not advocating this. it was just a curiosity. I tried it first with the lidocaine after reading it was safe to iv in smaller doses with little to no effect on the heart. It is used as an antiarrhythmic agent in the hundreds of milligrams. And "medium" just means a substance to carry what im really trying to get in there: sunshine in a bag ;)

jill
05-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Don't have time to answer this in full right now,...but yes, 1-1.5 cc of lidocaine is a lot to be injecting IV not in a controlled medical setting.

Do you use sterile works (everything!) each time this bottle is entered and wipe the stopper with sterile alcohol wipes or Chloro-prep pads? That is the only way the bottle can remain remotely "sterile" (among other criteria I can post later).

My only motives were sterility, the numbing sensation, and of course curiosity. However if this is indeed harmful, Ill save my stash for some home dentistry ;)

In short, yes, this is dangerous and not recommended in a home setting, without monitoring on and resuscitative equipment immediately available.

Woody Bear
05-14-2011, 06:06 PM
The problem with this, is that the pain is actually useful. If you miss, it causes pain, so if you remove the pain, then you won't know if you're missing the shot.

This is part of the reason why injecting cocaine is bad for the veins, as people don't know if they are missing, and cocaine is such a strong vasoconstrictor, that it reduces blood flow in the area, and that prevents the body from being able to remove the missed shot as quickly as it would otherwise.

The only advantage with this, is for those particular shots where the needle is pressing up against a nerve, but then again, if the nerve was outside the vein, and the injection going inside the vein, then the novocaine would have no effect, the shot would still be painful.

So in order to really get painfree shots, you'd have to do two injections, one in that general area to numb that area with novocaine, then another a few minutes with your drug going into the vein. That makes me think that IV novocaine would be pretty pointless.

If you really want sterile solution for making shots, then order sterile water vials. The 2 mL water for injections vials are best. But the 5 mL sterile eye wash bottles also work. Make sure that you only draw up one shot from each vial, because once you open it, it is not longer sterile. So you can't save the water to use later, you have to use a fresh vial for each injection.

Personally, if I had the choice between sterile water vials and a 0.2 um syringe (wheel) filter, then I'd go with the syringe filter, because it will remove bacteria from the solution, and prevent particles in your shot from blocking up your capilaries. So wheel filtered shots will be better for you, than just using sterile water with unsterile dope/pills.

SapphireBlue
05-14-2011, 06:16 PM

You're not the only one.

veedubgti
05-14-2011, 07:20 PM
First of all, yes I know the pain helps if you happen to miss but the antiseptic agent in the sterile solution also kills bacteria if you do indeed miss.

And yes. I am ocd about everything being sterile. i use alcohol swabs on the injection site, a new spoon also swabbed with alcohol, and a new needle everytime I inject which is not that often seeing as I am on subutex. I didn't think to swab the lid of the multi-use vial with alcohol but I will def be putting that piece of advice into practice if I am ever using a sterile vial again.

I do however draw up my solution first with a clean oral syringe then a new sterilized spoon and another big cotton when I draw up my rig.

Why does everyone act like this is a stupid question? It hasnt been asked before(as far as I can see) and I even found studies testing lidocaine iv as a treatment for back pain so its obviously not poisonous. However the medical pro said it wasn't a good idea(the kind of answer I was hoping for) so I don't think I'll repeat the experience.

Also, although I've only been registered for a couple months, I've been reading this forum for years and gained a plethora of knowledge from it.

So don't hate just because I'm new and asked a question. A question that only a few of the repliers actually had personal experience or sitable information about.

Maybe i should just buy sterile water with an antiseptic agent. I just dont shoot that much anymore. I just happened to crash my streetbike and my sub doc put me on roxi's and oxy-c's. Im back on tex now tho so its not much of an issue.

jill
05-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Ok, so you are using "clean" technique for the most part, not sterile, i.e. aseptic. Aside from the point/example I am going to get to when I have more time, I would be concerned about the number of times that vial has been entered, especially not even alcoholing the stopper off.

As Than would say; 'doG' only knows what's growing in there now! That alone from the medical conditions should be of concern.

Snoops
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
yea kinda like 75% of posts as of late.

wait, cant i scroll a few forums up and see you speaking about shooting ativan, xanax, and benadryl?

plz...

You could scroll on up and read about all of my exploits... But you could also admit that Antihistimines are great potentiators, and also notice that I booted my benzos with propylene glycol.... Don't quote me with the intent to defame.

PS- quit runnin from the cops and go do your time like a fuckin man....

@Ryan5892- Look homey, I actually fired off there a little bit over the top... My bad. Tone is often times misunderstood. And I feel that benzos and antihistimines are tried and true drugs for IV... Am I wrong? I'm a fuckin junkie for petes sake. But Novocaine? Not tried, not true... I can't stand it when elitist douchebags act like they gotta fire away, and get all catty, cuz they been here since 07'

And I mentioned your legal woes, for the simple reason that I read in one of your posts that you're dreading some kinda legal beefs that are currently unresolved.

Anywayz, I'm attempting to be a better person here.... And maybe I shouldn't have blown up at cha like that.... I get it. I'm the "noob" and I guess a certain amount of hazing is to be expected.

Everyone out there hear me?

I'm SORRY!!!

LOL.... Some people

plz......

The Ryan
05-14-2011, 11:21 PM
You could scroll on up and read about all of my exploits... But you could also admit that Antihistimines are great potentiators, and also notice that I booted my benzos with propylene glycol.... Don't quote me with the intent to defame.

PS- quit runnin from the cops and go do your time like a fuckin man....

Don't take anything out of proportion, i have no problems with you, and made my post long before you even mentioned propylene glycol, being best friends with a nurse...etc etc.

I take way to much benadryl, antihistamines ARE great potentiators, i personally take mine orally, to each their own, i know how bad the needle ritual can be. Although I'd have to say IV novocaine and mixing propylene glycol with an alprazolam tablet have about the same amount of research behind them, not enough, and they are both pretty stupid (you even admitted so.)

I'm not running from anything, my shit has been settled, and i dont think im any better than you, or anyone else for that matter.

Snoops
05-15-2011, 12:38 PM
@Ryan5892: Like I said, I shoudnt have been so stand offish... When I first got on here, you were one of the first to respond to one of my posts about my sorry ass ortho doc, and how he cut me off my meds with ZERO taper.... And I've been lurking as a vistor on here since like 2008, and I always thought that you had some very insightful pieces of info to add to the boards.

In short, were cool.

And ALL of us on here being addicts (or recovering addicts), from time to time engage/ed in some pretty questionable practices..... Shit, I know I do. The needle is a mothafuka for sure. But one day you feel one way, the next you feel another... Ya know what I mean?

The Ryan
05-15-2011, 01:05 PM
@Ryan5892: Like I said, I shoudnt have been so stand offish... When I first got on here, you were one of the first to respond to one of my posts about my sorry ass ortho doc, and how he cut me off my meds with ZERO taper.... And I've been lurking as a vistor on here since like 2008, and I always thought that you had some very insightful pieces of info to add to the boards.

In short, were cool.

And ALL of us on here being addicts (or recovering addicts), from time to time engage/ed in some pretty questionable practices..... Shit, I know I do. The needle is a mothafuka for sure. But one day you feel one way, the next you feel another... Ya know what I mean?

yes, i know what you mean.

panda
05-16-2011, 11:26 PM
i dunno, but i want some fucking vials of novacaine or lido, i don't give a damn! if a poison gas was exposed to me and the antidote had to be given with a needle i probably wouldn't be able to do it to me or anybody else. though with all my mouth problems, i would have no problem shooting my mouth with some nova. the pain gets that bad.

i even asked the oral surgeon if he could prescribe me some and he said they can't do that. lol