PDA

View Full Version : Headache/dizzy/nautious feeling in my head.

KiloByte
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Well I've heard that morphine along with other opiates can leave you feeling nautious. I snorted 75 mgs of morphine yeserday and by night time I couldn't walk around too much before starting to feel a little sick so I laid down. Today that feeling as been reduced alot but I can still feel the lingering effects. Is there any way to prevent this and if I do another 45-60 mgs tonight will it get worse?

Liptonbuddy
08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
With any opiates, nausea is a side effect. The severity of ther nausea differs from person to person. Personally, when I first started taking pain killers, I couldn't even hold down a few sips of coffee/pop without vomiting it back up. Eating 2 bites of a slice of pizza would make me feel like I ate the whole damn pizza, and would end up hurling those 2 bites up 5-10 minutes later. You can usually tell if it's coming, though. You're mouth will start salivating a bit, and you'll get that kinda salty taste in your mouth. Over time, however, I was able to control the nausea. So yes, if you snort up some more pills tonight, you'll more than likely feel nauseous again. Maybe a little less since you're dropping the dose a bit, but it will still probably be there.

candy
08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Opiates effect the vomiting center in the brain and there is really no way to get around this, except maybe not to use any opiates. I had the same effect when I started using opiates and with higher doses, I had not only nausea, but vomiting as well. It seemed to get better the longer I used. Not that I am promoting you use more often. It is just part of using opiates. Maybe something over the counter, such as Dramamine or Benadryl may help, but be careful as they can cause drowsiness.

Feel Better.

KiloByte
08-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Its wierd becuase the night before I did 60 mgs and I was fine, is it because I'm using it more than 2 days in a row?

Liptonbuddy
08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
It could be. Like I said, everyone's body takes outside chemicals somewhat differently. For instance, I can't eat mushrooms without having horrible death-like illness kick in a few hours into my trip. My friends will eat the same shrooms and be fine. You just have to experiment with different doses to find your desired dose. Find out if taking opiates consecutive days will make you feel more nauseous than if you space them out maybe weekly or biweekly.

Also, pertaining to the headaches, I've noticed that once in a while when I'd get exceptionally high, I'd get a ruthless headache as the pills started to wear off. Funny how a pain killer can cause pain. ^_^ Anyways, just keep us updated as to how you feel. Good luck and best wishes in your endeavors. =)

LayinLow
08-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Its wierd becuase the night before I did 60 mgs and I was fine, is it because I'm using it more than 2 days in a row?

I don't think it has to do with how many days in a row you used it. The first night you used and didn't get sick, you probably had something in your stomach (food) which will cause less nausea in some people. The next night when you did get sick, you may have done it on an empty stomach - causing nausea. This is just one reason why you may have not got sick the first night. I could be completely wrong in your case, I'm just going on other cases where I have seen nausea calmed by having food in their belly.

blueflutterfly
08-24-2006, 04:49 PM
aw, just puke it up...it's all part of the trip...and dread the day the nausia goes away ;)

Liptonbuddy
08-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Over the years, I actually welcome the puking now. Why? Because that's when you know you're good and toasted. =P I don't mind the itching either.

SirDonkeyPunch
08-25-2006, 12:59 AM
the itchies feel in a sense like a hot woman rubbing the inside of your leg in a bar. very welcoming i must say.

LayinLow
08-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Over the years, I actually welcome the puking now. Why? Because that's when you know you're good and toasted. =P I don't mind the itching either.

I don't welcome the puking (I rarely puke now except off tar) but I look forward to the itchies, because when I itch, I'm feeling gooooooood. :p
</IMG>

repeek
08-25-2006, 01:11 AM
It is so common that the term flash was used to measure the quality of your dope. Flashing=good dope. Drink lots of water, it makes puking a breeze.

KiloByte
08-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I don't think you guys understand this feeling I'm having. My head feels kinda like it got beat with a bat, kinda like a hangover (or being really burnt). I don't really feel naucious but I know if I kept standing Id strart to feel really shitty, then dizzy, then probably sick. Will snorting more make this feeling go away temporarily?

RobOC
08-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Morphine is also more prone to cause nausea than other more potent opioids, ie, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. In emergency room settings is it often combined with a little versed to counteract the nausea when injected. Maybe you could try adding a little bit of benzos into the mix, just a little though like a quarter milli of ativan or something as too much is dangerous as all hell. be safe.

LaMorice
08-25-2006, 03:29 AM
You'll be nauseated putting anything new into your body, like when you first started drinking or smoking cigarettes. Your body's trying to get rid of what it's not accustomed to- it's rejecting a foreign substance that it knows could be dangerous. Like everyone else said, it'll go away with frequent use. And when it does... you'll know why you started doing this in the first place.

chemboy7
08-25-2006, 04:24 AM
I don't welcome the puking (I rarely puke now except off tar) but I look forward to the itchies, because when I itch, I'm feeling gooooooood. :p
</IMG>

You know, I really don't mind puking that much. There is sometimes when it feels really refreshing. I'm not saying that I enjoy it or anything I'm just used to it by now. The only time it really gets to me is when it's drawn out, leads to dry heaves, or involves stomach acid. The rest aint that bad so long as you held the good stuff down long enough (provided that was your route of administration).

KiloByte
08-25-2006, 05:20 AM
You know, I really don't mind puking that much. There is sometimes when it feels really refreshing. I'm not saying that I enjoy it or anything I'm just used to it by now. The only time it really gets to me is when it's drawn out, leads to dry heaves, or involves stomach acid. The rest aint that bad so long as you held the good stuff down long enough (provided that was your route of administration).

Well I snorted them, does that make any difference?

Luravex
08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Perhaps SWIM's on the other end of the spectrum.....SWIM almost never pukes....from anything.....including alcohol, seasickness, motion sickness, etc........guess SWIM's lucky.....but SWIM still gets the nausea occassionally from opiates......one thing that seems to really help is when you start feelin' queasy.....go lay down with your legs elevated.....that usually does the trick.......

defenestrate
08-25-2006, 01:47 PM
kilobyte,

my experience generally says that faster onset=greater chance of nausea for anything opioid.

Liptonbuddy
08-25-2006, 09:09 PM
kilobyte,

my experience generally says that faster onset=greater chance of nausea for anything opioid.

I don't think it has to do with onset time as much as how high you actually are. Even with a time release pill, if you take enough of them to mess you up REALLY good for half a day, you'll have continuous nausea the whole time. Like Chemboy said, after a while you just get used to it. I don't think anything of puking anymore. When me and all my friends get drunk, and they're violently puking, I just casually stroll in the bathroom, vomit, clean up any mess I may have made, and walk out as if nothing happened.

KiloByte
08-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't think it has to do with onset time as much as how high you actually are. Even with a time release pill, if you take enough of them to mess you up REALLY good for half a day, you'll have continuous nausea the whole time. Like Chemboy said, after a while you just get used to it. I don't think anything of puking anymore. When me and all my friends get drunk, and they're violently puking, I just casually stroll in the bathroom, vomit, clean up any mess I may have made, and walk out as if nothing happened.

Well thats wierd because its not like that at all. I don't actually feel sick until I start comming down, I'm fine while I'm high and can even eat. And this isn't my first time using morphine, I've had it on several occasions over the years. Again I don't really feel like I'm gonna puke my guts out I just feel really shitty/hungover and it all goes away when I lay down. I also noticed that chilling the room a little seems to help as well.

candy
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Do some more reading up on Opiates, Kilobyte. Opiates affect the vomiting center in the brain, which is found in the medulla. The vomiting center is in a direct pathway to receptors in the gut. So, you get nausea and vomiting.

I would say that the other feelings you are having are somewhat related. Opiates bind to receptors in the brain, these opiate receptors/neurotransmitters start firing and all sorts of different things start going on.

I have actually had really bad migraines brought on by the use of opiates and no matter how much I used, the pain was really intense. Could be that opiates cause constriction of vessels and this caused my headaches.

I think once you start to get a sense of how opiates work, you can start to see how the experiences you have relates to your opiate use. I have found that those who use opiates recreationally are often some pretty intelligent people who know a great deal about the drugs they use.
And then again.....I have known some real "dumbshits," as well!

Anyhow, you can try adding some benzodiazepines as someone suggested, but I would suggest something else as this can lead to problems. Adding something like Versed to Morphine or Demerol in the hospital is usually done for sedation, not to decrease nausea. Something like Phenergan would be a better choice to treat nausea as you don't get the amnesic effects or the respiratory depression as you could from Versed.

You could try something like Dramamine or even anti-histamines like Benadryl would be good as well and you can get them OTC.

antony
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
the itchies feel in a sense like a hot woman rubbing the inside of your leg in a bar. very welcoming i must say.

gonna have to disagree with you there. I don't think theres a pill in the universe that can be that comforting.