PDA

View Full Version : hydroxyzine?

Bartholomew
03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
has anyone tried this as a potentiator? a friend gave e a handul for free, and i looked a little up about them online. it says that they magnify the effects of opioids but not benzos, meaning you can take benzos in conjunction with this. i took 1 mg alprazolam with a .1 shot of good dope (should have me in an ok place), but when i repeated this process the next day i added 25mgs hydroxyzine about 30 minutes beforehand, and i was ROCKED. friend couldn't wake me up and all. am i freak when it comes to this? or do other people hve similar reactions?

P.S.

if you try this please be careful, i was floored when taking just 25 mgs and i usually have to do a quarter g shot of good powder to get off. not with the hydroxyzine! just a point! ba da ba ba ba (i'm lovin it!) (/end mcdonalds song) :biggrin:

peace and love!
-Bartholomew

ausativa
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
works as good as promenthazine IME

jill
03-09-2011, 08:41 PM
<snip> when i repeated this process the next day i added 25mgs hydroxyzine about 30 minutes beforehand, and i was ROCKED. friend couldn't wake me up and all. am i freak when it comes to this? or do other people hve similar reactions?

P.S.

if you try this please be careful, i was floored when taking just 25 mgs and i usually have to do a quarter g shot of good powder to get off. not with the hydroxyzine! just a point! ba da ba ba ba (i'm lovin it!) (/end mcdonalds song) :biggrin:

peace and love!
-Bartholomew

Hydrozyzine is also known as Atarax and Vistaril. Vistaril is commonly used as a potentiator with IM Demoral.Alone itis used to relieve the itching caused by allergies and to control the nausea and vomiting caused by various conditions including motion sickness. It is also used for anxiety and to treat the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.

An oral dose of 25mg can knock some sensitive people out cold. Much stronger/different than Benadryl.

reallyreality
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah! I have a whole bunch of these just sitting in my cupboard. My sister and I were prescribed the 25 mg's a while ago because of eczema. I should give 'em the old college try to se if they'd be good for bed time.

TheTalkingAsshole
03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
It is definitely my favorite potentiator, next to dxm
~50-100mgs with NO benzos should have you beyond the nod
in a land where you can still get as high as you want

sucks ass that its not OTC.
ive been taking certirizine(zyrtec) for over 10 years,
so it should be easy to switch right?

JonnyM
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
My mother has a prescription to this stuff. Fairly useless imo, 50mg's doesn't even make me drowsy.

Dolofinell
03-10-2011, 04:49 AM
I was given a 4 day hydroxyzine taper when I was incarcerated for a few months after having been on MMT for a year. Didn't help much after a year at 130mg cold turkey, needless to say.

Disconnect
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I happen to be scripted this stuff for anxiety. My therapist knew I did opiates and said "I'm not giving you any narcotics but. . ." so he gives me a known opiate potentiator. nice.

I like it alright. It's not much more than Benadryl tbh, but it's nice for the itchies and ups my nod a bit, especially if you time it right to avoid it fucking with your euphoria. It can dull it a tad in my experience if you're not careful.

Bartholomew
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, I'm surprised more people don't enjoy it. In my opinion, this blows benadryl out of the water. However, I do realize that everyone is different and react differently to other meds. Oh well, I certainly enjoy(ed) the experience.

TheTalkingAsshole
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
i think the reason i love it so much is because
the usual potentiator i use(certirizine/zyrtec)
is a metabolite of hydroxyzine
with some added bonus metabolites

Uncle Wiggly
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I've found Vistaril to be an excellent potentiator. It helps if I wait a few days in between doses. The more consecutive days I use it the less I can feel its effects. IMO it's got Benadryl beat, hands-down.

YenPoxKid
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I decided to experiment with hydroxyzine, seeing as I get monthly scrips for it that I only use when my insomnia comes back (had insomnia from age 0-19, whenever I get clean from amps I'm more of a hypersomniac) which is only one or two nights a month, it is, as Wiggly said, an AMAZING potentiator. Lately I've been using a lot of anti-histamines to potentiate opiates, and the best to me is, Hydroxyzine, Cyclizine, Diphenhydramine, in that order. I tried the popular-in-the-UK combination of high-dose methadone (which I abuse very rarely) and cyclizine, and I can honestly say it doesn't have shit on hydroxyzine/'done combo. Hydroxyzine goes great with methadone, morphine, heroin, Opana, Dilaudid, well those are all the opioids I've used with it. I can honestly say that a 10 mg shot of Opana(my usual tolerance is 60 mg of morph per shot, which gets me nodding a little bit, to be cross-eyed I have to shoot about 90 mg, and 10 mg of Opana feels like an 90 mg shot of morphine) along with 50 mg of brand name Vistaril gave me the best nod I'd had in a few weeks. Hydroxyzine is an amazing, amazing potentiator.

pharminduced
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Iv stopped using it because it gave me seriously vivid scary dreams but found it to be the best at protentiating opiates! It would take me 45 minutes till i felt the full effects so i always took it 30 minutes before i dose. If you are the type to want a more alert euphoria this is not the way to go because it adds to the nod massively. I didnt find it to add to the euphoria just the nod. My usual dose was 75mgs

Thanat0s
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
i found snorting the brand name produced an almost benzo-ey feel within 10 minutes.
not so taken orally.

never have shot hydroxy...

borohydride
03-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Chemically it's reminiscent of cyclizine which was the UK junkies number 1 choice of potentiator (as the OTC motion-sickness medication 'Valoid'). If it's anything like, putting it in the barrel with the opioid results in the most amazing rush known to man. This is, of course, hazardous. We used to see people mixing Physeptone (methadone) & cyclizine tablets & shooting them to estimate the rush from injecting Diconol (dipipanone). Eventually Valoid was taken off the shelves, junkies were moved to juice & Diconal became one of 3 drugs that needed a licence to prescribe to addicts (diamorphine, cocaine and dipipanone).

All I can say is that snorting Diconal was pretty awsome - I can only guess at what shooting it would be like!

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 12:17 PM
I've read that shooting it is pretty bad news on other sites, but not a lot of mention of that here. . .

What do you guys think? I'm halfway contemplating loading it with my next fix to see what happens.

borohydride
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.buy-pharma.co.uk/img/uploads/3552-atarax-hydroxyzine-injection.jpg

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, yeah, of course the injection pre-prepped one is fine. What I was referring to is the pill. Any safe way to prep this for IV and throw it in the spoon?

borohydride
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
It depends what is in your pill (all pills are dangerous to some extent). If you list the ingredients we can run through physical data & see what's what. I can now understand WHY it's so good at increasing the rush. It's a H1 antagonist. This means that even the small histamine reaction that occurs in response to alien chemicals entering the blood is stopped totally. The BBB remains fully permeable & there is Monoamine retention. OK, it also binds at the SERT 2a (the trippy one!) but it's Ki is low relative to the H1 activity.

Is this another drug that BECOMES trippy at high doses?

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Apparently the inert ingredients for the oral suspension formulation are: carboxymethylcellulose sodium; lemon flavor; propylene glycol; sorbic acid; sorbitol solution; water.

Thanat0s
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
diphenhydramine is a nice rush all on its own honestly,
best addative/cut to dope ive met.

IF your hydrox is fully water sol you can try it...
(proTip: mix hydrox and water FIRST to see if its soluble)
id use no more than 12mg of hydrox with3/4 reg dose of opiod to start with tho.

honestly you seem to be chasing a rush in a manner that gonna kill you soon girl.

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
diphenhydramine is a nice rush all on its own honestly,
best addative/cut to dope ive met.

IF your hydrox is fully water sol you can try it...
(proTip: mix hydrox and water FIRST to see if its soluble)
id use no more than 12mg of hydrox with3/4 reg dose of opiod to start with tho.

honestly you seem to be chasing a rush in a manner that gonna kill you soon girl.

To be perfectly honest, I've been on an opi detox the past week or so. I'm taking a month off to cut the tolly down to size. Haven't touched a rig since December.

I'm just dreaming up ideas for when my month is over.

"Detox to retox" and all of that.

borohydride
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
The term 'lemon flavouring' is a bit worrying & I wouldn't recommend shooting carboxymethylcellulose because it's a thickening agent & has been linked to anaphylaxis when injected (i.e. potential death) & we don't want that.

If the hydroxyzine in the pills isn't in the form of an addition salt (hydrochloride, sulfate, tartrate or whatever it may be) then adding citric will be necessary.

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
So I guess I'm just better off popping them unless there's some way to get that shit out of there.

danny
03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
To be perfectly honest, I've been on an opi detox the past week or so. I'm taking a month off to cut the tolly down to size. Haven't touched a rig since December.

I'm just dreaming up ideas for when my month is over.

"Detox to retox" and all of that.

watch that shit, the amount of people i know who have gone over and a fair few aint come back from rattling till their clean and having their just one hit, coming out the jail and having a hit, its mad how much your tolerance drops when you leave it go, i know you like needles and obviously thats your thing, but maybe worth smoking/snorting that comeback hit?
any thoughts?

Disconnect
03-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I'll do a small tester dose. Not a lot of h here in Nashvegas anyways. I've already got connects with nice morphine access though. I love the nod, but I'm not stupid. I'll make sure I don't get myself killed.

Thanat0s
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM
no potentiators will even be needed, really...
leave the shooting or even using hydrox or any potentor untill yer nearing the end of your rope.

if u been clean awhile at all you wont need any help finding blue lipsticks.

jill
03-11-2011, 11:29 PM
no potentiators will even be needed, really...
<snip>

if u been clean awhile at all you wont need any help finding blue lipsticks.

LOL, Word. And they come in a wide range of blues, from pale blue gray to purples.

borohydride
03-12-2011, 07:59 AM
If I run into a user who just got out of prison & they give me their telephone number, I write it in pencil. Don't get me started on my 'naloxone for all' soap-box. I've had to reverse ODs with the stuff 3 times. 2 Survived but in one case I didn't get there for 15 minutes and his 'friends' didn't want to risk injecting him. CPR on a scab-ridden, emaciated junkie who has pissed, shit & puked is not my favourite pass time so I kind of distanced myself... Even the cops who attended said they wouldn't have bothered trying.

I'm not bigging myself up, I shouldn't have had to do it.

TheTalkingAsshole
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
just finally fInAlLy FUCKING FINALLY managed to get a script of these for myself
#60 50mg generics (pharm filled #120 25mg)
and of course, one of the first things i did was go back and check out the IV-ability
thought id necro this since it is kind of relevant information on a HR board:

Contraindications
The administration of hydroxyzine in large amounts by ingestion or intramuscular administration during the onset of pregnancy can cause fetal abnormalities—when administered to pregnant rats, mice and rabbits, hydroxyzine caused abnormalities with doses significantly above that of the human therapeutic range.[9][citation needed] In humans, a significant dose has not yet been established in studies, and by default, the FDA has introduced contraindication guidelines in regard to hydroxyzine.[9] Similarly the use in those at risk from or showing previous signs of hypersensitivity is also contraindicated.[9][citation needed] Hydroxyzine is contraindicated for intravenous (IV) injection, as it has shown to cause hemolysis.

although there is no citation for that, probably best to just stay on the safe side
that being said...

Metabolism and pharmacokinetics
Hydroxyzine can be administered orally or via intramuscular injection. When given orally, hydroxyzine is rapidly absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract. The effect of hydroxyzine is notable in 30 minutes.

on a very non-HR note
took 125mg last night and almost couldnt even stand to go to pick up after smoking some weed
of course i eventually managed to, which was kind of a waste of a blue
got home, snorted it "to be safe", and was out within 15 minutes

too bad i only have another 115 of these pills left (and 3 refills)

Biggavelli
02-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Righteous! Got 2 bottles because my therapist prescribed them for anxiety and they dont work very well for me in that aspect. However due to lack of funds I've been doing a point or two a day and havent nodded in about a month...tomorrow hopefully that will be changing! Thank you philes'.