PDA

View Full Version : Price for 1 gram of morphine sulfate powder

borohydride
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
If you were offered 1 gram of 99%+ industrial morphine sulfate (as used to make codeine) how much would you expect to pay? I know it's an odd question, but this stuff does turn up in the UK some times. Bear in mind 1 gram of about 50% pure heroin is 50.

Anyone?

mainline
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
alot.

1gram pure morphine>1 gram street heroin

borohydride
03-08-2011, 11:56 AM
So, in the case of the UK 50, then?

mainline
03-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I'd imagine twice that,at least. I could be wrong considering I don't live in the UK

Thanat0s
03-08-2011, 12:32 PM
id think 50 would be reasonable,
that is more than id pay for pharm M bound in pills or solution...

what is the pound vs dollar these days?

The Ryan
03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
considering morphine 60's go for $15 a piece here id pay a pretty penny

1000/60*15= about 250

id say 150-200 would be a good price that i would def pay for 100% morphine.

shit, a bundle ("gram") of dope around here is 150-180, and its prolly at best 40-50% pure.

plus morphine is my favorite =]

Canis aureus
03-08-2011, 01:15 PM
So, in the case of the UK 50, then?

I would say at least that... Pure is always pure. From 50 to 100, maybe even more. But then I'm not living in Britain, and you guys usually get dope pretty reasonably prized.

nick
03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I haven't seen powder M in quite some time and,in fact,virtually all the powder M I've seen has come from robberies.So,the price flutuates and is highly subjective.

50 tops-I'd look to pay less to be honest.Hell,100mg MST goes for 5.

Ultimately we pay what we have to.

sourcecod
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
one gram of morphine sulfate powder costs me $96.

sourcecod
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
id think 50 would be reasonable,
that is more than id pay for pharm M bound in pills or solution...

what is the pound vs dollar these days?

1 pound = $1.62 USD
$1 USD = 0.61 Pounds

via http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

lets just convert all our currencies to morphine. morphine could be the opiophiles "Gold Standard" hehe.

borohydride
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes - I agree, it is the gold standard by which others should be measured. So it's around the same price everywhere, it seems.

penrose
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM
here in austria you pay 10 euros each 200mg morph sulfate pills,thats around 65 us dollar for the gramm

sourcecod
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
here in austria you pay 10 euros each 200mg morph sulfate pills,thats around 65 us dollar for the gramm

very nice price! you have me beat easily!

GOLD N DIEMONDS
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
If it were OFFERED, what would I pay?
that would depend;
on who was doing the OFFERING

prolly,nothing

penrose
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
jep thanks to the mundipharma lobby actions we are blessed here with the prices for m

Chipper
03-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Australia and New Zealand pay exorbitant prices ... a fair while ago, I paid $30 for a 100 mg. Morphine Sulphate pill so I'm looking at $300 / gram.

It needs a proper pill filter for IV preps.

borohydride
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I would have thought Kratom was cheap in Oz, what with it being geographically close to the source and all? I know that people are now selling mitragynine & 7-OH mitragynine in it's pure form (the latter is actually very potent) & since there is currently far less effort to stop it's distribution than given to opium.

Ah, I note mitragynine is about 50% M in potency while the 7-OH is some x17 morphine. I wonder if mitragynine is a prodrug with the body hydroxylating it. Whatever, the 7-OH seems like a better source of opioids than the poppy...

nick
03-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Australia and New Zealand pay exorbitant prices ... a fair while ago, I paid $30 for a 100 mg. Morphine Sulphate pill so I'm looking at $300 / gram.

It needs a proper pill filter for IV preps.

No disrespect,bro,but that's what you get for living on an island in the middle of nowhere.

upstate_007
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Ah, I note mitragynine is about 50% M in potency while the 7-OH is some x17 morphine. I wonder if mitragynine is a prodrug with the body hydroxylating it. Whatever, the 7-OH seems like a better source of opioids than the poppy...

That is very interesting. I have never heard of the 7-oh before. Time to do some looking around for info.

RE: the gram of morphine. I would personally pay a little more for it than similarly weighted pill form of morphine just because of the ease of use. No dealing with pill fillers and binders and such to deal with.

More Feen
03-09-2011, 04:06 PM
If one had the proper credentials (like a gummint license, etc...), one could buy good pure morphine for a pretty low price.

The cheapest Morphine product I have found (to date) is a 20 mL vial, [15mg/mL] from some company that rhymes with "Jackster." They have it listed for $5.00 each. So in each vial: 20mL x 15mg = 300mg.

To get that up to a gram, one would need 3.33 vials of it (3.33 x 300mg = ~1000mg). 3.33 vials x $5/vial = $16.67.

Of course, "Jackster" ain't fond of selling folks 1/3 of a vial (it gets messy without having the whole vial), so you might as well ante up and get four vials for $20.00, or 1200mg.

Since it is already in the injectable form, you're pretty-much good to go. But for shit's sake, you can base-out the morphine from those vials quite easily.

Consider that this is $5 for 300mg of morphine that is already suitable for hospital use. If you were a reputable drug company, and only bought morphine "in bulk" in a form that was not ready for human use (as Boro mentioned, like for making codeine), I'm sure you could get it for much, much less.

Sadly, most of us, me included, do not have the legal means to get morphine in this manner. If I were interested, I would probably pay upwards of $250--$300 for a gram of pure.

Of course, if addiction was a factor, and normal supplies were cut or in drought, people would spend a lot more to get their hands on that.

Or, as Nick summed-up quite succinctly: "Ultimately we pay what we have to. "

M F

Thanat0s
03-09-2011, 04:13 PM
No disrespect,bro,but that's what you get for living on an island in the middle of nowhere.

+everything.

herm1t
03-10-2011, 12:16 AM
I pay $40 for a 100mg MSContin, fuck you australia. So I would pay $400 for that gram.

Michael.
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM
If I paid 40$ for every 100mg MST, I'd be alright with that. These days I have a few guys and depending on how bad I want it, convenience and desperation I pay anything from 50cents a mg to 80cents. The 80$/100mg guy is a SOLID connect. Available all hours every day. All these deals include a little bit of AA too.

Attention potentially lurking organised crime figures: Please establish a ring in new zealand

struggler
03-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Well.. In mscontin form, I pay .1666666666666667 cents per mg... That's the only form I can get it in... Works for me though...

Strugg

herm1t
03-10-2011, 04:03 AM
If I paid 40$ for every 100mg MST, I'd be alright with that. These days I have a few guys and depending on how bad I want it, convenience and desperation I pay anything from 50cents a mg to 80cents. The 80$/100mg guy is a SOLID connect. Available all hours every day. All these deals include a little bit of AA too.

Attention potentially lurking organised crime figures: Please establish a ring in new zealand
$50 if I buy singularly, and no AA :\, I know there are people who sell for cheaper around though. Have you ever thought about codeine -> morphine using pyridine?

Benz
03-10-2011, 04:19 AM
I agree with most posters so far, a gram of morphine is only really worth 50 maximum. Especially If one doesn't use pins.
Most UK punters may be a little suspicious of this, though. That could be to your advantage.

Benz

borohydride
03-10-2011, 05:23 AM
$50 if I buy singularly, and no AA :\, I know there are people who sell for cheaper around though. Have you ever thought about codeine -> morphine using pyridine?

That route sucks. Codeine -> dihydrocodeine is very simple (90% yield) & then HBr/LiBr (over 95% yield) reflux produces dihydromorphine.

Don't be confused with the best route being the one that uses the least amount of paper to write down. Pyridine stinks. Pd black & H2 in a glass bottle (champagne bottle) is fine - it's not hydrogenation under pressure.

herm1t
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
That route sucks. Codeine -> dihydrocodeine is very simple (90% yield) & then HBr/LiBr (over 95% yield) reflux produces dihydromorphine.

Don't be confused with the best route being the one that uses the least amount of paper to write down. Pyridine stinks. Pd black & H2 in a glass bottle (champagne bottle) is fine - it's not hydrogenation under pressure.
Hmm interesting, I just reccomended that because I've read it used to be common place in NZ. dihydrocodeine can be bought in an OTC syrup (rikodeine) in australia, could I extract it (how? similiar to DXM extraction?) and then do dihydrocodeine -> dihydromorphine by refluxing with HBr/LiBr?

borohydride
03-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Yes & yes. Dihydrocodeine freebase it totally insoluble in acetone so if you add pearls of NaOH until the pH reaches 10 or more & then add an equal volume of cold acetone, the powder freebase drops out & can be filtered off. Dry, throw it into HBr (100ml/g) & add a catalytic amount of LiBr (just add an equal weight 1:1 with the DHC, it's not like it's expensive), reflux converts over 97% of it into DHM. I would think that's the simplest possible route for you. Boric acid will work as well as LiBr if it's hard to find. HBr may have to be purchaced but it's not suspicious.

herm1t
03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Yes & yes. Dihydrocodeine freebase it totally insoluble in acetone so if you add pearls of NaOH until the pH reaches 10 or more & then add an equal volume of cold acetone, the powder freebase drops out & can be filtered off. Dry, throw it into HBr (100ml/g) & add a catalytic amount of LiBr (just add an equal weight 1:1 with the DHC, it's not like it's expensive), reflux converts over 97% of it into DHM. I would think that's the simplest possible route for you. Boric acid will work as well as LiBr if it's hard to find. HBr may have to be purchaced but it's not suspicious.

So I add NaOH until the pH reaches 10 and the dihydrocodeine precipitates out? Once it's precipitated out I would use a nonpolar solvent to dissolve the DHC, then I would discard the other stuff dissolved in the water? So the nonpolar solvent is now filled with DHC, would I evap the solvent away? And if there is some stuff in the syrup that is also in the nonpolar solvent, I could add an acid till the DHC precipitates out and add water then discard the nonpolar solvent layer?
tldr: standard a/b extraction?

Once I have the relatively clean dihydrocodeine, it's just a matter of combining it with 100ml of HBr per gram of DHC I have, and an equal amount of LiBr and DHC, then reflux, which results in the dihydromorphine. Assuming I want to inject the product, would I need to clean it up a bit? Or would it be ok to wheel filter (0.22 micron) and shoot?

borohydride
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Filter, base, add equal volume of cold acetone, filter. That will get 95% of the DHC out of the linctus. Simply dry it somewhere warm (until no acetone smell).

I'm no expert on injectable drugs. After the Hbr/LiBr reflux you have the hydrobromide salt dissolved in Hbr. Distill off the HBr, add NaOH solution & add acetone (again). You then have filterable DHM freebase. It can be smoked (carefully) or salted just like brown. It's very strong - be warned.

borohydride
03-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Actually, when I spent some time with head-in-gear I realized that the best thing to extract the DHM is calcium hydroxide. The phenolic -OH is acidic & thus calcium dihydromorphinate is formed in strongly alkali conditions. This is exactly how the Afghans do it (they dump CaOH into hot opium solution). It's totally insoluble & can be easily filtered out (more easily than the freebase). Just add HCl until it re-dissolves - this is the hydrochloride salt. Evaporate of HCl for product.

There are numberous documents on how opium->heroin using the most basic equipment. Your DHM will act just the same as their M. But please, do read all MSDS & understand before you start - we don't want to hear of anyone getting hurt doing this kind of thing...

Michael.
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Regarding the codeine demethylation route. it's not common place here anymore because the price of misties has dropped down to where it's feasible to just do a simple morph -> H acetylation

borohydride
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
^What, $300/gram? I should think OTC (dihydro)codeine products would be a little cheaper than that!

nick
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
^What, $300/gram? I should think OTC (dihydro)codeine products would be a little cheaper than that!

Jesus! I really hope so.I couldn't respect myself if I spent anything like that kinda money on DHC.Hell,free is about the right price for DHC.

and more to the point,when are your fans going to get another slice of your magical,dope realism story,MR Borohydride?

borohydride
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I had been in the pub three hours, talking to a guy I used to work with called Ian, before I realised he wasn't Ian at all, and I was in the wrong pub. By that stage he was very cross. He poked me in the chest, and asked me if I was some sort of puppy squeezer. I didn't know what he meant. He had me thrown out for it. I walked the street until I came to a doorway where I used to lean when I was married to a wife. I think I've forgotten her name now. No, I haven't. It was Rosalind. Hmm. Yes, I have. I had intended to empty the pub out of my bladder here, but the doorway was lit up and surrounded by film cameras. Hydraulic pistons poked out of the side of the building. A beautiful girl sat where I used to lean, holding a bunch of leaves to her face and inhaling deeply, while an assistant applied make-up to her nose and teeth. Next to her, an elephant was being made up too. It wore a special jacket with fireworks attached. Grey foundation was being applied to its trunk. The model was asking if the elephant had been given its breakfast. She said it shouldn't be expected to do this work without eating homeopathically fireproofing seeds. She'd insisted on it in her contract. She got up, put her arms around its trunk, and said "Let there be peace among mammoths." Some models use cigarettes. Some use heroin. My bladder was conker-hard and big as a saucepan. A girl came up and asked me if I was with the elephant. I looked at the elephant, and I looked at her and wished she was a lavatory. She handed me a script. It said "Location shoot: The Eden Currant account." Behind me a man started bawling into his hand. It crackled with sounds of obedience. He was the director. After ten minutes, he was ready for someone to tell his assistant to say "action," and the model became immediately concerned about the cameras, and asked if they were meat-free. The director slowly explained that this was a spiritualised camera, in which the lenses were made of glass, not meat. I think she felt better. The cameras rolled again. The model started chewing the leaves, and smoke poured from the doorway behind her. In the script, it said "ignite elephant." A man lit the elephant, and it walked forwards with fireworks going off on its back. As it passed the model, a squib shot off and landed in her intricate cinnamon hat. The script made no mention of this. Aromatic flames sprouted in the bark. Some of the crew wanted to stop filming. Others wanted to tell her to look out, as she was still lost to her leaves. A skirmish between horror and fascination broke out on the director's face. With a sudden pang of decision, he ordered half the cameras to stop, and the other half to keep rolling, and screamed "Somebody help the bitch, but not yet," at the same time leaping up and down and slamming himself in the balls. The model realised she was on fire. She scrambled to her feet, tripped, and dived under the elephant, where she thrashed around magnificently. The stupefied animal urinated like a burst lorry, and put her head out. The elephant was still on fire. The model looked at me from the middle of her steaming lake. Something in her eyes spoke to my bladder. Suddenly I too was pissing like a king, all over the elephant's flaming back and ears. I continued to empty for a full two minutes after the fires had gone out. As they wheeled the model to the ambulance, one of her assistants called me over. "This is the man who put out the elephant," they said. She pulled a strand of damp hair from her eyes. "Thanks to you, I'm going to give all this up," she said. I nodded. "I'm going to dedicate my life to abused elephants. Maybe when I save them, they will teach things to men, like Sarah taught you about putting out fire with the natural aquas of belly." I wanted to tell her how gaudy she was, even when moist and smelling of damp compost. "You stink of piss and you're thick as shitty jam," I said. As I left, I found a man sitting on the ground with his head in his hands. "You're sad," I said, indicating his face. He pointed to a mass of hydraulics. "I was supposed to make the building smile with my pistons. The Eden account makes buildings smile." As he scrunched disconsolately at the gravel, I stood on one of his hands.

Thanat0s
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
boro,
rep for you.
thats utterly fucking fantasmical.

well done, ol' chap.

edit:a little more of that and less of 'the norm' from you and i assure you youd have more approval here than that hack stugots...

Michael.
03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Boro is the 'Doc Brown' of opiates.

danny
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Boro is the 'Doc Brown' of opiates.

he got a lot stick when he landed here first, 90% of it undeserved, although paranoia on an opiate site is definitely understandable, im as guilty as the next man - a chemist who can be bothered to explain what hes up to is a bonus for any drug site, pretty much every time i read a post of his i think 'right, time to study some chemistry, nothing to lose', aint done it yet, spend too much time pratting about on here but i will do...

sourcecod
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM
it kinda drives me nuts inside knowing that I didn't take the chem courses as electives when I had the chance. I read the wonderful poetry of these chem formulas and procedures, but its as obscure to me as the obfuscated C contests I used to partake in years back might be to you. or like if i busted out a chalk board and showed you that the limit of [sin(tan(x))-tan(sin(x))]/(x^7) as x approaches zero, equals negative 1/30... my rather obvious to me series of chain rule/lopitals rule jargon would be just as obscure.

fuckin I should just go back and get a degree in chemistry. math and computer science are useless to the opiophile, well with the exception of being able to fund the shit. I wanna extract and make shit!! grrr.

Tony
03-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Boro,

Bravo, Bravo!

PAC

herm1t
03-11-2011, 01:57 AM
it kinda drives me nuts inside knowing that I didn't take the chem courses as electives when I had the chance. I read the wonderful poetry of these chem formulas and procedures, but its as obscure to me as the obfuscated C contests I used to partake in years back might be to you. or like if i busted out a chalk board and showed you that the limit of [sin(tan(x))-tan(sin(x))]/(x^7) as x approaches zero, equals negative 1/30... my rather obvious to me series of chain rule/lopitals rule jargon would be just as obscure.

fuckin I should just go back and get a degree in chemistry. math and computer science are useless to the opiophile, well with the exception of being able to fund the shit. I wanna extract and make shit!! grrr.
That's the beauty of being into opiates and also studying chemistry/organic chemistry.