PDA

View Full Version : switching to methadone to taper

hydro chris
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
im on 4 -6 mgs of sub a day. i cant taper with them.. cant seem to work it out because of the nice lift i get. my tolorence just keeps going up.. i need to stop them before i catch myselfe a super habbitt.
fuck and this all started as a chip too.
going from subs to m/done i know it easy. fuck. i cant get myself to do it.

Indy
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Hm......it MIGHT work for you, you never know, but i would seriously NOT recommend it. If you can't taper off suboxone, methadone is NOT going to be easier, and will give you way more of a mood lift than subs do. You're kinda going backwards. However, in some really rare cases, by simple virtue of it being a regular opioid, i COULD see it being easier to taper off.

Chuckles
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
The only thing I think will help is a willingness to go through quite a bit of unpleasantness.
I mean, you ARE kicking HEAVY opiates. It's not going to be pleasant.

I know you know this.

Methadone is only going to make you chase harder than your subs do - if you are still worried about finding a glow, just like what indy said, you are going backwards.

ausativa
02-28-2011, 11:34 PM
yeah i got a habit with subs too. i was just chipping with subs to help with paws.. but of course, aint no free lunch. i went without a few days and man even at less than a milligram a day it is pretty bad. i feel your pain brother.. i feel your pain.

Chuckles
02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Subs are SERIOUSLY serious business.

It's EXTREMELY easy for you to go from an intended sub taper to sub maintenance if you aren't careful.

Even at $15 a sub on the street which I USED to think was ridiculous I can still get well for DAYS on a decent heroin habit

to be completely honest - a single sub is worth $200 when compared to my H habit.

YOU KNOW THIS.

YOU KNOW THIS.

YOU KNOW THIS.

you are smarter than that.

ausativa
02-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Even at $15 a sub on the street which I USED to think was ridiculous I can still get well for DAYS on a decent heroin habit

to be completely honest - a single sub is worth $200 when compared to my H habit.

truer words never spoken. ive never looked at it like that with the 200 dollar sub thing.. cause heroin only keeps you well for so long.
wow. shit a two gram a day habit out here is easily 200 bucks almost

The Ryan
03-01-2011, 02:09 PM
yea id just taper with the subs.

methadone will give you a MUCH better mood lift than subs...for a while...

danny
03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
yea id just taper with the subs.

methadone will give you a MUCH better mood lift than subs...for a SHORT while...

hydro chris
03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
thanks guys..
the reason i want to switch to methadone is to taper again. i know the ins and outs of the shit all to well. iv been on maintaince, done a taper and c/ted before.
methadone does not do shit for me.. no high, no energy, not even a lift.. just sleep sleep and more sleep.
i know it it sounds like im going backwards..iv been looking around and havent even found much if anything about switching to m/done from subs.
ok so, the thing with suboxone is the side effects. no sex drive, i never wanna eat anything =(loss of weight). the depression and worried about everything, is killing me.
i know im not stable nor do i wanna be. im am finding it so fuckin hard to taper off this shit. iv been on subs for only 4 months but still. blah

hydro chris
03-14-2011, 03:51 PM
can't fucken do it. for the second day i started the methsadones and still needed a sub boost in the AM.fucking winning!

Count Zero
03-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't know, I never used done to taper off subs but I used it to get off dope at least 10-20 times (obviously it wasn't a permanent solution but that was my fault, not the done's, I think done is a great taper drug-I could never get high off it so I had no problem reducing to 0 after a week.)
The problem of course is that subs are just about as long lasting as the done so a one week taper wouldn't do it. I think to make it work you'd have to get rid of any subs you have, start the done at a high enough dose so you won't be getting high off subs anyway and get to 0 ASAP, which given the long acting nature of subs would probably be 2-3 weeks. 2 weeks I think you'd probably be OK but 3 weeks on done and you run the risk of a bad enough done habit. I think it could be done but it would take some willpower and sticking to strict regimene to get to 0 done ASAP.

Thanat0s
03-14-2011, 05:44 PM
can't fucken do it. for the second day i started the methsadones and still needed a sub boost in the AM.fucking winning!
wow!

i really dont know what to tell ya.

maybe just deal with sub maint long term.
work towards 1mg/day,
then in a couple weeks .5mg/day
then in a couple weeks .25mg/day

id break all of the above doses in half and dose 2xs daily.
after a day or two adjustment youll likely get your little glow just as well as on higher doses.

hydro chris
03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't know, I never used done to taper off subs but I used it to get off dope at least 10-20 times (obviously it wasn't a permanent solution but that was my fault, not the done's, I think done is a great taper drug-I could never get high off it so I had no problem reducing to 0 after a week.)
The problem of course is that subs are just about as long lasting as the done so a one week taper wouldn't do it. I think to make it work you'd have to get rid of any subs you have, start the done at a high enough dose so you won't be getting high off subs anyway and get to 0 ASAP, which given the long acting nature of subs would probably be 2-3 weeks. 2 weeks I think you'd probably be OK but 3 weeks on done and you run the risk of a bad enough done habit. I think it could be done but it would take some willpower and sticking to strict regimene to get to 0 done ASAP.
very true, this isnt coming from a habit like fent or oxy i wish it was belive me.

wow!

i really dont know what to tell ya.

maybe just deal with sub maint long term.
work towards 1mg/day,
then in a couple weeks .5mg/day
then in a couple weeks .25mg/day

id break all of the above doses in half and dose 2xs daily.
after a day or two adjustment youll likely get your little glow just as well as on higher doses.
yeahh i know
today i did it again took 2mgs of subs + 20mgs of m/done in AM. felt fine allday tonite, i dose 2 mgs of sub..smoke soom goods and went into slight p/w with in 20 min. waited 20 another min. and took another 2mg piece. i was fine after that (thank-fully) it was fuck up. was suppose to stop the subs yesterday
nevermind tapering, i gotta get on one or the other.
this is a fucked up exp..
not really looking for the glow thing but it is so sweet isnt?