PDA

View Full Version : shooting ativan?

Slime Machine
12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
so i found a few 0.5mg ativans. im trying to quit heroin and benzos have really been hitting the spot lately in my journey. ive had experience shooting up vallies but no other benzo. i was curious if anyone knew if there were any do's and dont's they could share with me on this one. ive read that lorazepam is IV compatable, and is given quite frequently in hospitals, but ive read that pure lorazepam is nearly insoluble in water. so should i mix it up with a tiny drop of vinegar to encourage it to being water soluble? these pills are tiny as hell, so if they dont dissolve propery, id rather just sniff a line or eat them. but kicking the dope and everything, i sometimes still want to get down with the rig when i can.

any experience with these iv?

theyre the white, generic, tiny round pills with R on one side and 57 on the other. they'r only 0.5mg, but i figure 2 0r 3 might be a decent shot. anyone?

hovadagod
12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Shooting valies? How'd you do that?

Thanat0s
12-20-2010, 07:10 PM
if ya need to ask,
youd do better just to eat them.

longduckdong
12-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Shooting valies? How'd you do that?

You used to be able to buy it in TJ in ampules (If thats what hes talking about)..... I actually thought it sucked. I didnt get anyting special from it.

ka11ink
12-20-2010, 07:16 PM
__No.__

Slime Machine
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
just like everything else. the liquid was a little blue in the end, but it did the job. actually vallies were the first thing i ever used in a needle. years and years before i ever shot smack. though i was a stupid kid then, with sloppy technique and dangerous behavour. im still surprised i didnt get an abscess garden all over my legs and arms. this was in my IM days, where i didnt know anything i shouldve about needle safety. though when i smartened up and was on dope, several years later, i tried vallies again like a regular shot and it worked out decent. tho i only tried it IV 2 times.

u think the ativans would be straight for a shot? would a tiny drop of vinegar help with it dissolving better?

Thanat0s
12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
no, you cant shoot ativan.
not even with vinegar.
it aint sol in h20 and its not a PH problem.

you never shot valium either,
as diaz pills arent water sol either.

i think theres an oil medium they use at the hospital to admin IV benzos.
nothing but wasted drugs and sober(or hospitalized) you can result.

please subl or eat the pills.

^^^correct and final answer.

please take it nicely?

JUNKYJAY
12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
^^^^^^^^
LMFAO Thinking of Thantos Slapping him in the face for wasting the valium. SLAP you never shot valium its not water souluble.SLAP Give me those valium before you waste em SLAP Thats for making me tell you you cant IV them when you should have used the searcg engine SLAP Thats cause your mom didnt have an abortion LOL

the good doctor
12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
If you have some emulsified sterile lipids and/or specific fatty acids and/or polyethylene glycol 400D and/or propylene glycol in the right quantities, ratios, and of proper purity, you can shoot it, but it still hurts like Hell: these are the principal excipients used in the lorazepam for IV solution to make it water-soluble, and if you inject in the same vein many times - let alone muscle it - it will fuck you up worse than black tar heroin with flesh eating bacteria in it. And that's the G-d damned sterile, hospital, phials intended for injection version! It's only injected very rarely in order to stop seizures, otherwise it is always given per mouth or per rectum.

If you don't have the ampoules/phials, eat it.

Slime Machine
12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
i did shoot valium, but it wasnt anything fantastic. i likely did do it wrong, or it is designed to not be abused as such like u said, but there were some effects neverthetheless. i have no reason to lie.

not soluble u say? i appreciate the advice. i was too crazy about the idea of slamming these anyway. seems like a crackhead thing to do w such crappy pills.

longduckdong
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
^^^^^^^^
LMFAO Thinking of Thantos Slapping him in the face for wasting the valium. SLAP you never shot valium its not water souluble.SLAP Give me those valium before you waste em SLAP Thats for making me tell you you cant IV them when you should have used the searcg engine SLAP Thats cause your mom didnt have an abortion LOL

WTF? Maybe edit that last fuckin line..... For as funny as your: "LOL and LMFAOS" are, it really was a sucker punch there..... Thanats knows what hes talking about. He's a cool and respected kat here. But jumpin on his nuts just to try and make someone else feel stupid is a bitch move.

Thanat0s
12-20-2010, 08:11 PM
i did shoot valium, but it wasnt anything fantastic. i likely did do it wrong, or it is designed to not be abused as such like u said, but there were some effects neverthetheless. i have no reason to lie.

not soluble u say? i appreciate the advice. i was too crazy about the idea of slamming these anyway. seems like a crackhead thing to do w such crappy pills.

diazepam(like most every benzo youll encounter) is insoluble in water.
you might have gotten some talc and coloring in a rig,
but not likely usable diazepam.

shooting such a mix is VERY damaging,
not only does it waste drugs but it WILL fuck up your body.

thats all aside from the risks of CLEANLY shooting benzos with a dope habit...

no intention of raggin on ya at all,
but pretty serious Q on a dangerous subject yer posing.

dont want any room for misunderstanding.

be safe, eh?
thx for asking here BEFORE you did it bro...

DanTilly
12-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Ativan are one of the few decently water-soluable benzos out there.

Yes, you can shoot them; no its not worth it. Orally is the way to go

Thanat0s
12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
"
Pure lorazepam is an almost white powder that is nearly insoluble in water and oil.
"
"
Lorazepam injectable solution is administered either by deep intramuscular injection or by intravenous injection. The injectable solution comes in 1 mL ampoules containing 2 mg or 4 mg lorazepam. The solvents used are polyethylene glycol 400 and propylene glycol.
"
"
The solubility of Lorazepam (a tranquilizer found in Emotival, Lorax, Wypax, and other prescription medicines) is 0.09 mg/mL and 2.78 mg/mL, in water and chloroform, respectively. Estimate the partition coefficient of Lorazepam between chloroform and water.

"

...0.09mg/mL

not soluble.
sorry dan.

SuperJunky
12-20-2010, 08:34 PM
...0.09mg/mL

not soluble.
sorry dan.

So just get a big rig and shoot the emulsion, that's what blood is anyways, a damned emulsion. Of course this is a horrible idea, but it's doable if your willing to IV anything...

EDIT: Or you could dissolve it in chloroform and shoot that, bet the chloroform would get you higher than the Ativan. (LMAO PLEASE DON'T DO THIS, ITS A FUCKIN JOKE)

I looked it up in the merk index, it is soluble in alcohol, don't know how soluble but you could always use everclear if you have some. I have shot pure (200 proof) ethanol before, burns like a bitch, eats your veins, but it will get you fucked up. I don't see how anything gets wasted, if it doesn't get dissolved you can always swallow whats left...

DanTilly
12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
"
Pure lorazepam is an almost white powder that is nearly insoluble in water and oil.
"
"
Lorazepam injectable solution is administered either by deep intramuscular injection or by intravenous injection. The injectable solution comes in 1 mL ampoules containing 2 mg or 4 mg lorazepam. The solvents used are polyethylene glycol 400 and propylene glycol.
"
"
The solubility of Lorazepam (a tranquilizer found in Emotival, Lorax, Wypax, and other prescription medicines) is 0.09 mg/mL and 2.78 mg/mL, in water and chloroform, respectively. Estimate the partition coefficient of Lorazepam between chloroform and water.

"

...0.09mg/mL

not soluble.
sorry dan.

I don't know where I got the impression it was, but there was a list somewhere (wikipedia? here? i dunno) of the solubility of different benzos and ativan was one of the higher ranked ones.

I've shot a few and it did jack shit -- so I don't doubt you're right.

Oxyphile
12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Like others have said, don't waste your ativan trying to IV it. Either chew it up and swallow it, or sublingual it. We hate to see drugs going to waste around here :p

ka11ink
12-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Like others have said, don't waste your ativan trying to IV it. Either chew it up and swallow it, or sublingual it. We hate to see drugs going to waste around here :p

`Tis the worst kind of drug abuse!

Import
12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I know somebody who is in the hospital as we 'speak' because he tried to shoot up benzos (valium). Almost lost his damn arm.

I *believe* that midazolam is water soluble, but that's one of the rare ones. Like everyone else is saying, totaly not worth it.

BTW-if that valium shot got you high, it was because you didn't filter it well and undissolved diazepam got in your rig (along with god knows what else). Be careful out there man.

the good doctor
12-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Ativan is not water-soluble enough to have any appreciable effect when attempted to be dissolved in a solution of water, unless you inject 10mL (1000 units) of solution (e.g. an entire large oral syringe full, which would take a 5 minute push): I believe slightly less than 1mg would dissolve in 10mL water, as about 100µg is soluble in 1mL.

The only water-soluble benzo you're ever likely to encounter in a real-life non-hypothetical situation is flurazepam (Dalmane), which is water soluble due to the addition of a diethylamino group on the diazepine ring, which is soluble to the tune of ~50mg/mL. However, 30mg of flurazepam is only equivalent to roughly 5mg of diazepam: it is the same general potency as chlordiazepoxide, but more hypnotic.

The "Holy Grail" of benzos is in a drug called adinazolam, which is an alprazolam molecule slightly modified to make it water-soluble: it dissolves in water to the tune of way too much, and is roughly 75% as potent as Xanax itself (which is one of the most potent benzos, roughly equal to clonazepam [half as strong according to some sources] and half as strong as triazolam), and has two active metabolites: alprazolam (Xanax) and estazolam (ProSom).

P.S. Thanatos: you just quoted either the Wikipedia article I wrote or the source (MSDS? I forget... too many benzos!) I plagiarised that section from.

EDIT: Midazolam (Dormicum, Versed) is also water-soluble in quantities that make it abusable by injection.

I'm-Nod-Addicted
12-20-2010, 11:41 PM
When in doubt, just shove them down your dickhole.

:cool::cool:

limitless_euphoria
12-21-2010, 06:32 AM
You're playing with fire and you're going to get burnt. You could use a certain compound (PG I believe is its abbreviation) but still, I wouldn't risk it.

Import
12-21-2010, 07:18 AM
You're playing with fire and you're going to get burnt. You could use a certain compound (PG I believe is its abbreviation) but still, I wouldn't risk it.

PEG, polyethylene glycol. I think PEG is the stuff that makes injectable valium so thick and oily.

SuperJunky
12-21-2010, 08:45 AM
EDIT: Midazolam (Dormicum, Versed) is also water-soluble in quantities that make it abusable by injection.

This is true, had the pleasure once. As for a 10cc syringe, use the all the time, to shoot weird, un-water soluble items. Or if I'm just too lazy to cook a pill up correctly. But as I said earlier, I am fuckin nuts, and it doesn't take 5 minutes to push, w/ some determination I can get it down in less than 2...

Poppylvr
12-21-2010, 09:30 AM

I play nurse for a living.
Injectable benzos come, like tgd said, in an oily hard to inject solution. They are used in the ER and ICU to stop seizures. In psychiatry, where I work, we use them IM (intra muscle) to chemically restrain people who are raving. NOT a high, more like a STOP dead in your tracks.
I IV'd ativan from the vials years and years ago. Hard to inject because it's so oily, NO high, just went to sleep & woke w amnesia.
Boring.
Dangerous.
Just take the pills orally my friend.

SuperJunky
12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I play nurse for a living.
Injectable benzos come, like tgd said, in an oily hard to inject solution. They are used in the ER and ICU to stop seizures. In psychiatry, where I work, we use them IM (intra muscle) to chemically restrain people who are raving. NOT a high, more like a STOP dead in your tracks.
I IV'd ativan from the vials years and years ago. Hard to inject because it's so oily, NO high, just went to sleep & woke w amnesia.
Boring.
Dangerous.
Just take the pills orally my friend.

Really, just take them under the tongue or swallow. Just because you can shoot it doesn't mean you should. Ativan is absorbed just fine this way, I'd only go 'bout shooting them if I was seconds away from seizing or something. It would be a desperation deal. I've done it, it can be done, try it once, get it out of your system, then take them orally.

borohydride
12-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Ativan (lorazepam) is almost totally insoluable in water. Diazemuls (injectable diazepam) is dissolved in soya bean oil, glycerol & abulmen. Snorting gives about 77% bioavailability (Journal of Clinical Pharmacology - Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of lorazepam after intranasal, intravenous, and intramuscular administrationDP Wermeling, JL Miller, SM Archer, JM Manaligod, AC Rudy. Swallowin gives 90% bioavailability but about the most effective (highest bioavailability) way to use lorazepam is to plug it. It may not be pretty, but it hits hard & fast - 93% bioavailability.

Slime Machine
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
diazepam(like most every benzo youll encounter) is insoluble in water.
you might have gotten some talc and coloring in a rig,
but not likely usable diazepam.

shooting such a mix is VERY damaging,
not only does it waste drugs but it WILL fuck up your body.

thats all aside from the risks of CLEANLY shooting benzos with a dope habit...

no intention of raggin on ya at all,
but pretty serious Q on a dangerous subject yer posing.

dont want any room for misunderstanding.

be safe, eh?
thx for asking here BEFORE you did it bro...

oh no, im not bent outta shape. if anything, im glad u put that down to hopefully discourage anyone who thought of trying it out. i wasnt sold on the idea of doing it, it was just something i was thinking as i drove home from getting the pills. i quit opies but i still get the itching for the rig sometimes, u kno. yeah, i did shoot valium several times when i was younger. it was definately WASNT one of the smartest things ive done. luckily back then i was too dumb to properly do IV, so all of those times i did it (under 10 if i remember right) were all IM. i did have some nastey spots and bruises, but luckily nothing serious came from it. then as the years went by and i got into dope, with people who showed me the rops on IV, i tried it again. i had no idea there was talc in the pills, but im not that surprised now that i think about it. that alone is pretty scarey. but yea i only did valium iv at the most 2 times. each were with tiny little amount, and as good of a filtering as i could manage.

shit, its a good thing i didnt assume they were alrite and do them yesterday. good post. hey i understand the need to be so direct on the matter, i would be heart broken if someone read this and tried it out, only to get hurt. i guess i dodged a bullet with my experiences though someone else might not be so lucky.

nevertheless, u say its not water soluble.... thats cool, im not arguing with the science of it all. ive read a few reports since i saw these posts which said the same thing. though when i did it,and a friend of mine had done it as well (seperate time and place) and we both felt effects from it. i am not encouraging anyone to do anything like this, but there must have been something that worked its way into the water. tho who knows, maybe it was a clogged brain vessel from the talc, cutting off oxygen to my brain :D whatever i did feel, it wasnt enough to make me go back and do it again anytime soon. tho it was several years back, i rememebr the IM shots were more effective than the minimal experience with the IV valium. tho im grateful nothing nastey turned out from such nonsense. if i had it all to do again, i wouldve popped them instead

havok
12-22-2010, 03:12 AM
Ativan (along with most benzos) is not soluble in water as most people have already said.

However, ativan is fairly soluble in alcohol. The easiest way to inject ativan is to dissolve the powder into an alcohol solution. You can even use something like vodka if you are really desperate.

i had no idea there was talc in the pills, but im not that surprised now that i think about it. that alone is pretty scarey. but yea i only did valium iv at the most 2 times. each were with tiny little amount, and as good of a filtering as i could manage.

All pills have talc in them. Anyone who shoots pills (OxyContin, Roxis, morphine) is putting talc into their bloodstream.

harmonik
12-22-2010, 03:54 AM
When I was desperate I'd shoot temazepam for the insta-high using rum and even iso. alcohol.

not recommended to do that, but with a higher proof liquor sometimes all you need is to dilute a few ccs of it with water.

no rush.. just insta-high. i loved it so much because temazepam is unlike any other benzo i've tried

underide
12-22-2010, 05:55 AM
i dont know about ativan, but there is a way to shoot valium tabs, only you have to take a few steps first to make it soluble, you basically need pure isopropyl alcohol and i did that a few year back - here's the thread i made on the process it takes to make valium watersoluble, but in a very crude way mind you:

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=18610

that's a thread i made about the eproces involved

but honestly- it wasn't worth thehassle, and eating them is what i woud recommend
shooting valium doesn't give you any greater buzz than eating them IMO

Import
12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
This is true, had the pleasure once. As for a 10cc syringe, use the all the time, to shoot weird, un-water soluble items. Or if I'm just too lazy to cook a pill up correctly. But as I said earlier, I am fuckin nuts, and it doesn't take 5 minutes to push, w/ some determination I can get it down in less than 2...

I've been using one of those 10cc barrels for my methadone, and I can get it in in under 30 seconds...of course, that might be because of the 22g needles. With a 27-30g it would take all fucking day.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

When I was desperate I'd shoot temazepam for the insta-high using rum and even iso. alcohol.

not recommended to do that, but with a higher proof liquor sometimes all you need is to dilute a few ccs of it with water.

no rush.. just insta-high. i loved it so much because temazepam is unlike any other benzo i've tried

ummm, isn't temazepam soluble in water?

harmonik
12-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I've been using one of those 10cc barrels for my methadone, and I can get it in in under 30 seconds...of course, that might be because of the 22g needles. With a 27-30g it would take all fucking day.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

ummm, isn't temazepam soluble in water?
very slightly soluble in water and sparingly in alcohol.. perfect for any diluted alcohol

Garbage
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
IDK about soluble in water but ativan is one of the few benzos you can snort. It has 78% bio-availability intranasal.

The Ryan
12-22-2010, 06:47 PM

u put 22g needles in your vein?

JonnyM
12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Like everyone said they are hardly water soluble, its not an anti-abuse measure its the compound itself.

Just eat them, way more effective.

Slime Machine
12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
man i would never shoot alcohol and pills. tho ive done some stupid shit, that just doesnt siit well. i cant believe someone would cook up a pill in isopropyl alcohol and hit it up.

talc's in most pills? fuck, dont tell me that. i guess that makes some sense. of course i just found out about how it can cause blood clots and is hard to filter out by normal means. no sir that doesnt help me relax any. all those subs and OCs later and im now starting to have regrets. oh well, i guess i wouldve had problems by now if i did have a dangerous accumulation of it in my viens. then again maybe that one beast just hasnt broken free yet.

oh well. glad i quit that crap.

borohydride
12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Diazepam is only slightly soluable in isopropanol so I doubt it's a very good route. Injecting isopropanol (toxic) in a reasonal volume doesn't sound too clever. I listed the official solvents & they are hardly hard to obtain. Do some reading, find out the process for msking the solution... or will I have to do that.
Plugging gives 93% bioavailability so only needle-fixation would make one take lorazepam that way!

J.Dot
12-23-2010, 01:14 PM
man i would never shoot alcohol and pills. tho ive done some stupid shit, that just doesnt siit well. i cant believe someone would cook up a pill in isopropyl alcohol and hit it up.

talc's in most pills? fuck, dont tell me that. i guess that makes some sense. of course i just found out about how it can cause blood clots and is hard to filter out by normal means. no sir that doesnt help me relax any. all those subs and OCs later and im now starting to have regrets. oh well, i guess i wouldve had problems by now if i did have a dangerous accumulation of it in my viens. then again maybe that one beast just hasnt broken free yet.

oh well. glad i quit that crap.

But even IF you would have known that there was talc in the pills, would that have changed your ROA at all? I mean, hell... the shit dope is cut with is probably just as bad, if not worst...

...Just asking.

irish
12-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Just because you can, or theoretically can jam something in a syringe, doesn't mean that you should. I know all about the needle fever, and wanting to bang everything in sight, but sometimes it's best just to eat the damn things.

Silenced
12-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Oooh man. I had some IV ativan in the hospital a couple years ago... was talking to people that weren't there and I couldn't even walk.

borohydride
12-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Sounds like needle-fixation, not a quetion on MPG...

SuperJunky
12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Diazepam is only slightly soluable in isopropanol so I doubt it's a very good route. Injecting isopropanol (toxic) in a reasonal volume doesn't sound too clever. I listed the official solvents & they are hardly hard to obtain. Do some reading, find out the process for msking the solution... or will I have to do that.
Plugging gives 93% bioavailability so only needle-fixation would make one take lorazepam that way!

Take boros advice here, putting Isopropyl or Denatured alchohol into your veins is a really bad idea, Isopropyl is toxic and denatured can have anything from methanol to acetone to a few other things that make it dangerous to drink, not much less inject. As for injecting ethanol from the liquor store I've done it, seen others do it and don't suggest it. It eats your veins, I too have a needle fixatin and have learned mostly the hard way where to draw the line, and I knew better. This is something every junky that's ever picked up the spike is going to have to some to terms w/ if you want to have any veins left to IV what really is worth using in that manner...

SHELLEY
12-24-2010, 10:14 PM
i didn't read all the responses, but i shot liquid valium once
it was clear and kinda greasy/gooey liquid and was in a large sealed oral syringe when i got it
i just drew out of the oral syringe with my rig and shot some of it
it hurt like a bastard (flowed into my veins like cold fucking maple syrup)
but i got high off that shit all right, and not any talc and coloring and placebo effects

i don't know fuck about shooting valium pills, but i did put that drug into my veins before

LayinLow
12-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Just because you can, or theoretically can jam something in a syringe, doesn't mean that you should. I know all about the needle fever, and wanting to bang everything in sight, but sometimes it's best just to eat the damn things.

+30 This fuckin' thread was scary to read! Careful guys.

IV valium was nice, this was a hospital setting though.

harmonik
12-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Take boros advice here, putting Isopropyl or Denatured alchohol into your veins is a really bad idea, Isopropyl is toxic and denatured can have anything from methanol to acetone to a few other things that make it dangerous to drink, not much less inject. As for injecting ethanol from the liquor store I've done it, seen others do it and don't suggest it. It eats your veins, I too have a needle fixatin and have learned mostly the hard way where to draw the line, and I knew better. This is something every junky that's ever picked up the spike is going to have to some to terms w/ if you want to have any veins left to IV what really is worth using in that manner...
yep, that shit is stupid and i'm glad i haven't done it in a long time.

I'm-Nod-Addicted
12-26-2010, 12:36 AM
I had liquid Valium at the hospital a few years ago.

3-2-1- goodnight!

But those three seconds were blissful!