PDA

View Full Version : Cimetidine and breast growth in Men

Billy the kid
12-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Hey guys,

I recently went to the doctor because of a pretty humiliating problem I've been having lately. Male breast growth. I thought it was probably due to a hormone imbalance or something similar. As the doctor was examining me (he didn't know that I take cimetidine daily at that point) he asks out of the blue if I take cimetidine (Tagament) regularly. I told him that yes I do and he said that men that take it on a daily basis almost always develope enlarged breasts. The area gets very tender and sore.

Luckily I found this out when I did. I stopped taking the cimetidine as a potentiator and have not noticed any difference in my methadone dose. I thought that it did a lot more than it really does. If I am looking for a similar potentiator I will definitely stick with Grapefruit juice.

I just wanted to warn all of the males that use this drug daily as a potentiator. I know a lot of people take cimetidine on a daily basis. I have been for a few years. Luckily I found this out before my breasts enlarged to a noticeable size. You can't even tell actually but if I kept taking the cimetidine it could of gotten to the point where I had moobs.

upstate_007
12-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Wow! That is fucked up. Glad you got it taken care of before it became a real problem.

Should I give some to my wife and see what happens?

Benz
12-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up BTK, that's the kind of info that we NEED to be hearing about. I take it you will return to normal now you've stopped taking the Tagamet?

Benz

at&t
12-17-2010, 01:39 PM
D'oh!!
Repped! Now *there*'s a pretty damn valuable post! Lots of folks here use that stuff... :cool:
Cheers, at&T :)

[edit: PS. As soon as I read the first couple sentences of the OP's post, I knew that one way or another , this --
--
. . . . . . . . > "Should I give some to my wife and see what happens?"
--
. .-- was going to figure in to the very first reply.
(After all, For you and me, all we would have to do is eat fistfuls of OTC pills.
Whereas women on the other hand have to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars and undergo surgery and jeopardize their health and etc, etc..)
Well, Never mind.. <shrugs> -at&t ]

The Ryan
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
holy shit!

its amazing the way these medications can interact with our bodies and the crazy side-effects they can have.

this knowledge is very useful and i appreciate the info.

The_Chef
12-17-2010, 08:26 PM
I think I'm going to stick to grapefruit juice from now on. Better tasting anyways.

KushDoctor
12-17-2010, 11:14 PM
uh oh someone better tell thanat0s hahah :p

SuperJunky
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
That's unusual info, i was on morphine for a short stint, and taking it orally was a waste w/ out some cimitidine, I told my doctor I was using cimitidine to potentiate and he told me it wasn't a problem, that thousands w/ acid reflux took it on a daily basis and that I could take it indefinitely, he's usually really goof w/ this kind of stuff.

Does any one know if this is a common reaction? I've been through hell latley, been kicking methadone, was going to back on morphine in a couple days. Any one else have any experience w/ this problem/heard of it before?

Good info OP. Greatly appreciated.

duck
12-18-2010, 12:33 AM
and I just spent $10 bucks on this shit

RxQueen
12-18-2010, 12:49 AM
well i'll be damned! this actually is listed in with the possible physical side effects:

According to RxList.com, cimetidine can lead to dizziness and drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if cimetidine decreases your alertness and reaction time. Cimetidine can also cause gynecomastia (male breast development) and decrease your white blood count (cells responsible for fighting infection). It may also lead to kidney disease, muscle pains and arthritis. Cimetidine can affect your heart rate and cause bradycardia (slow heartbeat), tachycardia (fast heartbeat) or A-V block (blockage in your heart's electrical conductivity system). In some cases, cimetidine may cause serious skin reactions such as Steven-Johnson's syndrome or erythema multiforme.

thanks for bringing this to our attention, billy! lots of us use cimetidine on a regular basis, and this is the sorta stuff we all need to know. there are also a few possible psychiatric side effects:

According to RxList.com, cimetidine can cause confusion, agitation and anxiousness. It may also cause feelings of sadness and isolation as well as disorientation. In some cases, cimetidine can lead to hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren't present). Call your doctor if you develop these side effects, as she may adjust the dosage or stop this medication altogether.

the source i quoted from also says that it does pass into breast milk, in case we have any nursing moms here that use it. keep in mind that these are all POSSIBLE side effects that not everyone will have... but we need to keep ourselves educated on what could happen with the shit we put in our bodies. i'm gonna sticky this thread, so that it can be seen more easily.

The Ryan
12-18-2010, 02:01 PM
good thinking queen, wouldnt want the any baby boys growing boobs cuz their moms are taking this stuff while breast feeding.

i can see it now, kid turns about 13, "Mommy, I thought only girls had boobies"

only kidding. but still.

Morphus
12-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Goodbye tagamet.

irish
12-18-2010, 10:56 PM
I'd be more concerned about the cardiac side-effects. I mean, yeah, boobs are embarrassing on a dude, but heart failure is a tad worse.

The_Chef
12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
No, boobs are worse. You can always get a new heart but once you've got boobs you're kinda stuck with them.

duck
12-19-2010, 09:36 AM
No, boobs are worse. You can always get a new heart but once you've got boobs you're kinda stuck with them.

eh, you can chop off boobs

Papa Verine
12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Heartburn doesn't sound too bad anymore...

Thanat0s
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM
ill risk it for now...

harmonik
12-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey, look at the bright side...

This makes sex-transformation a hell of a lot easier for those dudes wanting boobs.

The_Chef
12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
One more thing; does it also cause female breast growth? If so, how quickly easily would a couple of pills dissolve in say perchance my girlfriend's morning coffee?

kyuss
12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Now you tell me
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2010/03/male-breast-04.jpg
I've been taking this shit
for years and years

lister40
03-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow! That is fucked up. Glad you got it taken care of before it became a real problem.

Should I give some to my wife and see what happens?

LMAO

holy shit!

its amazing the way these medications can interact with our bodies and the crazy side-effects they can have.

this knowledge is very useful and i appreciate the info.

LoL Like us junkies cared about our bodies... well sorta

doctor diesel
03-17-2011, 01:47 PM
I have splendid breasts, and I sure as hell didn't need Tagamet to get them!
Not that they sell it in the UK anymore anyway.

Doc

lister40
03-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, it doesn't matter to me. I already got man boobs. FUCK IT.

clinton
03-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Wow glad this came up , thanks for bringing back into the current topics-
I had no idea that tagament could cause heart failure, low white blood cell count, breast enlargement etc...
Grapefruit juice it is, White and 100 % not from concentrate

Supreme
12-24-2011, 08:54 PM
ive been taking Tegamet for years to boost xanax,and it seems my man-tits are a little big for my weight