PDA

View Full Version : alternate methods of 'ingesting' bupropion

HistoryofMadness
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Ok, I've heard conflicting thoughts on this, until recently a member stated with conviction that they are able to insuflate bupropion (wellbutrin, zyban, etc) and achieve euphoria. Just like a pharm... some get high, some don't.

I do know that bupropion has a certain feel-good energy to it. I also know that based on a statement (http://www.crazymeds.org/wellbutrin.html) from one of my favorite sites (http://www.crazymeds.org/), bupropion is being abused by a number of people.

So my question is this: Can wellbutrin be smoked, or altered to something that can? How would one go about experimenting with this? I know pharms like ketamine and amphetamine can be smoked, but I don't want to just throw some of the shit on a pipe, because I have no idea what I would be inhaling...

Important Disclaimer: I haven't tried this, and anyone that has a history of epilepsy, seizures, or heavy drinking should avoid this. Apparently so should anyone already destroying their liver with lots of drugs.

Thoughts?

Curio
08-10-2006, 11:32 PM
within the past 4-5 months I think, someone on here was talking about snorting their buproprion ....like four times the normal dosages! I was scared for them because just regular dosing can cause seizures...
they said it gave them a rush like doing amp rails...

DrMuffy
09-10-2006, 11:06 PM
I dont know about smoking it but i have snorted wellbutrins before (150 mg) and it BURNT like hell! But i did notice some euporic effects, and it numbed my whole throat. But its not worth the burning, ow

psychotiKK
09-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I tried snorting some of the XL after I read on these forums that they provide a euphoric, amphetamine-like, effect. He also said if you combine it with buprenorphine, they synergize or something. I tried snorting some and felt worse. It made me feel WIDE AWAKE, but in a negative way. I felt extremely spacey, fidgety, restless, and sick to my stomach. I felt absolutely no euphoria or even a mood lift. How is bupropion/wellbutrin recreational in any way?

Zoops
10-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Hah. Yeah, I'm the guy who was writing about sniffin wellbutrin XL. A lot of folks don't get anything off it and a lot of them do.

Just like most stims, though, it tends to lose the euphoric effects after using it for a while, and then a break is necessary - I've found that 1 or 2 days off is enough to "re-energize" the effects. I swear by the stuff.

One thing I'd be curious to find out about is whether or not the couple people who said it didn't do nothing to them were taking it for depression, like if they were constantly taking it or something. Because if you've got a constant level of the drug in your system, then I think the stimulant/euphoric effects would not be there. Kind of like a tolerance thing.

I have been using (abusing) this shit for about six months now. I re-discovered it (used it a little bit several years ago) when my old lady got an Rx for it from her shrink - to see if it would help lift her mood a bit, in combination with prozac. She said it produced some bad side effects - mostly nausea - so she said she didn't want it anymore. I said I'd "throw it out" and flushed a few down the toilet, kept the rest - it was like 75 tablets.

Started off by taking it orally, about 300-450mg per dose. Actually made me sleepy. So, out of curiosity, I pulverized one of the tablets and did some bumps of it. There was definitely an amphetamine-like high there. I increased the dosage (insulfflated) to about 75mg in one go, and it is some nice shit, in my opinion. Yes, it burns, but the first sniff is the worst. After that, your nose gets numb and you can't feel it anymore.

One thing is you gotta blow your nose a lot while you're using it this way. Makes the nose get a lot of mucous in it. The drip is bad, so I don't let it drip. I just do a couple small lines (one up each side) and then wait about 10 mins. and then blow it out.

As far as the seizure risk, yeah it's a real thing, but I have been taking large amounts of the stuff for like six months, like I said, and nothing close to a seizure has happened to me. From what I've read (in the prescribing info and from a few articles in medical journals) certain people are sensitive to the seizure-inducing effects and some are not. Like a few percent of people who take it will seize when given a large dose. Seizures at the therapeutic dose (300mg per day or less) are extremely rare. When abused, more seizures are seen.

I have typically been getting like 3 or 4 of the 300mg Wellbutrin XL tablets every few days and then doing that in one day. About 900-1200mg in one session (have actually used up to 2100mg in one day before - seven tablets). That lasts about 6 to 8 hours. The pharmacists are getting tired of me coming in and asking for 3 or 4 of the pills every couple days. I keep saying I left the bottle in my office at work and I can't get to it right now and can I please get a few to tide me over? CVS is cool because you can get a refill from any of their stores. I can use the same story at every one of the pharmacies because the pharmacist doesn't call the other store when he transfers the Rx from another CVS store.

I can't get a whole bunch of the pills at a time because I find that I can't stop sniffing it. So that's whay I only get a few at a time. If I do more than like 4 in an 8 hour period, I start getting wobbly-eyed. My vision starts to fuck up - my eyes will start goin all cross-eyed and shit. That means it's time to stop. I try not to get to that point - only do 3 or 4 pills in one day, then take a break.

I use a sharp knife to cut the skin off the tablets (razor blades work well) and then crush it up with the flat backside of a stone pestle from a mortal and pestle set (the stick-shaped piece), on a piece of paper. I crush up one 300mg tablet at a time. I'll do about one sixth of the pill in each toot. That's about 50mg per bump. It is fucking amazing, to me at least, that the stuff is not a controlled substance. From my experience taking all manner of Rx stimulants, bupropion should be in schedule four (C-IV), like diethylpropion, phentermine, sibutramine (yuck! - that one shouldn't even be controlled) or phendimetrazine (which is actually C-III - it's a good one but it's nasty if you take it for a couple days straight. Phentermine is pretty ugly too, actually).

The thing that's most awesome about bupropion (wellbutrin) is that the come-down is so good. This might be because I use a lot of buprenorphine while on it, but I don't know. I can actually fall asleep like 2 hours after taking some. There is absolutely no depression from the come-down either. And I am a person who is very sensitive to this effect from stimulants wearing off. Coke, ampetamines, et cetera give me bad depression when they wear off. And I can't sleep a wink even a long time after the last dose of any of those drugs.

so, in closing, I guess there's some people who can get off from sniffing wellbutrin and some who can't. In my opinion, the XL tablets are the only ones worth using this way. They have a much much higher drug content (per weight) than the ordinary immediate-release tablets (which are available generic nowadays). A 300mg tablet probably weight one gram and has of course 300mg of bupropion in it. That's 30% bupropion when you crush it up. Almost on par with some street drugs!

Anybody doing this should be very very careful, as the seizure risk is real and substantial. I'd recommend trying small doses at first and then going up slowly. If you are getting really twitchy, then stop. I don't mean like one small arm or leg twitch. I mean like constant twitching. I have gotten little leg twitches from pretty much every stim. I've used/abused, including bupropion, but if you're getting a lot of that, then don't take anymore. If you've got epilepsy or some other seizue disorder, then DON'T TAKE THIS SHIT AT ALL! If you have on hand some carbamazepine or dilantin or some other anticonvulsants, like maybe neurontin (gabapentin), lamotrigine (lamictal), topiramate (topamax), then take one of those before you sniff bupropion, just to be safe (I don't mean if you have epilepsy or something, if you have that, then don' t do it at all).

O.k. overandout

nick
10-12-2006, 04:18 AM
So let me recap;it fucks up your nose,it causes seizures and 50 odd % of people don't even get off on it.sounds a great deal.

Zoops
10-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Aw c'mon. It don't fuck up your nose, I ain't said that, it just burn a little. Doesn't burn anymore after the first sniff. Even primo crystal burns your nose, although the high is far more intense than wellbutrin.

Yeah, there's a lot of people who don't get anything off it, but if you're one of the ones that does, then you got a good thing there, because it's not a controlled substance and it's easy to get. It's definitely worth a try in my opinion. Same thing for the seizure risk. If you're not sensitive to that effect, then it's no prob.

Not for everyone, I guess. Prolly not for you, Nick. I like it because I finally found a stimulant - a phenethylamine/amphetamine stimulant - that doesn't make me feel like blowing my brains out when I come down from it!

Narkotikon
10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't think Wellbutrin (bupropion) is euphoric at all. I agree, there are stimulating effects (closer to ampheatime without the euphoria and some of the ump, but also closer to coke in that it numbs the mucous membranes). To me it feels sort of like everything becomes very clear, but your mind sort of slows down and you focus on just one thing very intesely. But unless you're taking it for an antidepressant via p.o., I wouldn't waste my time with it.

Also, it is important to be careful if you have a history of epilepsy, bipolar disorder, or an eating disorder, as bupropion could cause seizures, induce mania (which I know sounds good, but really isn't), and decrease appetite.

I only like this for it's weight-loss effects.

Zoops
10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks Zoop! Nice recap... My doc gives me Effexor for yrs (which I consistantly trash but take home to keep him happy) but keep the other good stuff he rx's (xanax, ambiens, ritalin, flex, kpins). Maybe I should switch my "anti-depressant" and kill many birds with one stone. Couldn't hurt, right?

I have never had a seizure, nor drink heavily, my nose is in good shape (for now anyways... the rits are wearing on it) and if I'm just tossing the effexors anyway, why not switch? I'm "supposedly" taking 225mg effexor/daily. What would be a good reason to use to try switching? Tanks.

I guess you could switch the effexor to wellbutrin, but I wouldn't worry about doin it if I was getting ritalin. Anyway, mixing ritalin and wellbutrin is probably not a good idea - I am guessing that the risk of seizure would be increased a lot.

Man, I don't know. I must be the only guy on the planet who gets off on wellbutrin! I just used up my last few pills and I guess I'll hafta chill on it for a while, 'cos it's been less than 90 days since I got the scrip and I already been through those 90 pills.

Curio
10-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Also, it is important to be careful if you have a history of epilepsy, bipolar disorder, or an eating disorder, as bupropion could cause seizures, induce mania (which I know sounds good, but really isn't), and decrease appetite.

The stuff I read up on it said of all the typical anti-depressants (like SSRI's), wellbutrin causes comparatively LESS problems/manic episodes for patients with bipolar disorder.

halfalien_s4
10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
ill definantly never try that shit seeing how ivew had 3 grand mal siezures since may 04' all for unknown reasons....that shit sounds scary!

Zoops
10-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Ah, yes. Yesterday pretty much all day was a sonata and wellbutrin day. At 9am, called the pharmacy to get a refill on sonata 10mg #30 (scrip still had 3 rf's on it), which originally filled on October 10th, only 3 days prior. I said that I accidentally left the bottle in my car, which is in the shop right now, or that's what I think I left it - it might be in my locker at the fitness center at work too, I don't now, but I need the refill because I am going out of town for a few days and I can't sleep so good in strange places, like a hotel.

Dr. said o.k. and I got me scrip.

Then off to another pharm to get wellbutrin. Apparently all my rf's were out on that one. Damn. So I ask the pharmacist lady could I just get 2 tablets to tide me over 'til Monday when I can call my doctor?

She doesn't say anything and starts doing something. After about a minute I am about to say "hey, are you ignoring me?" And she says "I just added one more refill to your prescription." I was like "wow, thanks." That's not exactly playing it by the book, on the pharmacist's part. But I don't care.

So, wellbutrin. I slammed some - I recon it was like 100mg and it has a nice mellow euphoric feeling to it. Not strong and overpowering, but definitely there.

At least for me it is.

youngcanadian
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I take this drug for depression and can get a stimulent effect from it if i chew them or snort them. But i'd rather just tell my doc i want a script for dexedrine for my adhd. Im not to keen on the idea of having a siezure, so i'll take this drug as precribed.

Zoops
11-10-2006, 04:30 AM
O.k, a lil update on that comment I added previosly.

First, please see the Wellbutrin XL full presribing information at:

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinXL.pdf (http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinXL.pdf)

Scroll down to "Drug Abuse and Dependence" to "Animals"

There's the statement

"In primate models to assess the positive reinforcing effects of psychoactive drugs, bupropion was self-administered intravenously. In rats, bupropion produced amphetamine-like and cocaine-like disriminitive stimulus effects in drug discrimination paradigms used to characterize the subjective effects of psychoactive drugs."

So about five days ago, I started shooting up wellbutrin. Max. dose was 150mg (IV). This was one-half of a peeled and crushed wellbutrin XL 300mg tablet.

It dissolves beautifully. Totally clear solution with no residue whatsoever. Shooting it is another story. Something happens when the dosage is increase to around 150mg - when injecting, even if in a vein, a strange tingling and burning sensation far distal to the point of injection becomes apparent at about the halfway point of injection. It hurts to get the last part in.

The rush is definitely there, but this shit has something in it that is nasty. I don't know what. When injecting under 100mg, the nasty feeling is not there (for me), but above, man, it's bad.

I got very swollen hands from multiple injections there and they have only gone done a bit since about 4-5 days ago. I am not going to shoot this shit anymore. sniffing still gives quite a strong stim. effect.

I thought I'd let you know about the experiment's results.

Curio
11-10-2006, 10:59 AM
zoop are you using any kind of filter?

Zoops
11-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Filter Schmilter

No, I'm not, because this shit is totally clear when it dissolves. I always use one whenever it's a pill that has fillers that don't dissolve, or if it's street dope.

But I'm not shooting the Wellbutrin anymore. It burns like a mutherfucker going in and it fucked up my hands and arm.

AWOL
11-11-2006, 02:50 AM
There is a proccess to extract the Welbutrin itself from the fillers. I did it with mine once upon a time, railed some ... ummmm lets just say that I do not get the same effects as zoop, and would never ever ever EVER try something like that again.

But yeah zoop, if you want to get rid of all that filler you can give em a pretty simple washin. Don't know if your woman would been keen on it though being as how you've had some .... issues (I can't think of a better word) in the past with abbusin stuff. I'm sure she's on high allert.

http://s92551074.onlinehome.us/Wellbutrin_-_Processing_it_into_a_pure_form_.html
I've heard mixed results from using that method. Probably because anyone who does it once generally doesn't do it again. Not because of the method, but because the Welbutrin just doesn't produce euphoric type effects in anyone I've ever met. I have read though as you posted that it is used sometimes for "cocaine addiction".

Not 100% sure on that method there either. Posted it just incase you want to look it over, not because I know it's safe. Check into it if you deside to try it out. Gotta be something on the web about it.

SuperJunky
03-07-2007, 07:29 AM
I have a whole bunch of the welbutrin xl deals a friend of mine ganked from his neighbors medicine cabinent. I tried snorting one and got a nice kinda buzz going, kinda stimulant like, kinda X like. Havent screwed w/ em for a while and out of 6 people I know that have tried it 3 of them liked it, so thats 50% of that small group. Think I might go give one a go. Just to note I have a history of strange nerological problems and seizures but have never had a problem, shit luck I'm sure, but I'm gonna go push it a bit.

OxyContinuously
03-07-2007, 07:38 AM
snorting wellbutrin is ridiculous and shooting it? well, my friends, that's just poppycock!!

;-)

Oxy

psychotiKK
03-11-2007, 08:07 AM
O.k, a lil update on that comment I added previosly.

First, please see the Wellbutrin XL full presribing information at:

http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinXL.pdf (http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_wellbutrinXL.pdf)

Scroll down to "Drug Abuse and Dependence" to "Animals"

There's the statement

"In primate models to assess the positive reinforcing effects of psychoactive drugs, bupropion was self-administered intravenously. In rats, bupropion produced amphetamine-like and cocaine-like disriminitive stimulus effects in drug discrimination paradigms used to characterize the subjective effects of psychoactive drugs."

So about five days ago, I started shooting up wellbutrin. Max. dose was 150mg (IV). This was one-half of a peeled and crushed wellbutrin XL 300mg tablet.

It dissolves beautifully. Totally clear solution with no residue whatsoever. Shooting it is another story. Something happens when the dosage is increase to around 150mg - when injecting, even if in a vein, a strange tingling and burning sensation far distal to the point of injection becomes apparent at about the halfway point of injection. It hurts to get the last part in.

The rush is definitely there, but this shit has something in it that is nasty. I don't know what. When injecting under 100mg, the nasty feeling is not there (for me), but above, man, it's bad.

I got very swollen hands from multiple injections there and they have only gone done a bit since about 4-5 days ago. I am not going to shoot this shit anymore. sniffing still gives quite a strong stim. effect.

I thought I'd let you know about the experiment's results.

Wow, I thought sniffing it was bad enough, but shooting up WELLBUTRIN XL?!?! That's fucking nuts man.. stop doing that shit and get a stimulant meant for abuse.. lol