PDA

View Full Version : Embeda question

DarthStoner
10-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Hello everyone. Swim has a friend with a bunch of Embeda (morphine sulphate/nalextrone) that she is going to give to swim for free.

I know that these are probably the worst type of morphine pills that one can get, but they are free, so I told swim that he may as well pick them up from her.

My question has to do with the nalextrone in the pills. I have read that if you chew/crush/dissolve to shoot these pills, they'll send you into withdrawls immediately. Does anyone know if the nalextrone will have the same effect if one were to take more of the pills without tampering with the antiabuse mechanism?

Swim normally takes his morphine orally, but crushes them to get around the time release as best as possible. Since this isn't an option, will simply taking more of the pills at once work, or will the combined amount of nalextrone in each pill still send swim into w/ds?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Import
10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
I think the naltrexone would just pass through you. Doesn't the Nx stay contained in little indigestible units, unless crushed?

Fat Pie
10-27-2010, 11:15 PM
As long as you take them orally, the design of the pills does not allow for the naltrexone to be released before the morphine enters your bloodstream, or for it to be released in large enough quantities to send you into WD's, no matter how much of them you take (I think; not positive). Such a design flaw would not allow for high dosages in legit pain patients, thus making said medication pretty much worthless in doing what it was designed to do (controlling medium-strong pain over prolonged periods of time). Reminds me of suboxone; as long as you take it orally, you should be fine.

That's all I know on the subject; never used said pills before though, so like I said, take my advice with a very large grain of salt.

I think the naltrexone would just pass through you. Doesn't the Nx stay contained in little indigestible units, unless crushed?

The naltrexone would have to dissolve in your body at some point, but I think it does so in such small amounts as to be insignificant (if taken via the prescribed ROA, that is).

Import
10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
The technology for non-digestible plastics have been around forever. That's what I meant...I believe the Nx is contained in little capsules that, unless crushed, stay intact all the way through.

From wiki:

Embeda is formulated with morphine pellets and has an inner core containing Naltrexone. The purpose of this formulation is to prevent people from crushing the tablet for intranasal administration or from injecting themselves. If it is crushed, the Naltrexone would mix with the morphine and Naltrexone would competitively antagonize the effects of morphine in the body. The inner core containing Naltrexone is specifically formulated so that if ingested orally, the core encapsulating the Naltrexone would not be digested by the GI tract.

Thanat0s
10-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Reminds me of suboxone; as long as you take it orally, you should be fine.

why do people continue to believe this nonsense?

mainline
10-28-2010, 09:16 AM

Good question, Thanat0s.

DarthStoner
10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the help everyone...

Thantos, what do you mean that taking subs/embeda orally is nonsense?

The potential problem swim is going to have with the embeda is that he/she will have to take quite a bit more than the normal 100-200 mgs swim normally ingests in order to get the same effects - since swim usually crushes and eats nalextrone-free morphine.

Will the cumilative amount of nalextrone from taking large doses of embeda induce w/ds, or will it simply remain inert as others have suggested since the beads containing the nalextrone have not been crushed?

Again, thank you to all who have taken time to consider this predicament.

Fat Pie
10-28-2010, 09:58 PM
The technology for non-digestible plastics have been around forever. That's what I meant...I believe the Nx is contained in little capsules that, unless crushed, stay intact all the way through.

From wiki:

Embeda is formulated with morphine pellets and has an inner core containing Naltrexone. The purpose of this formulation is to prevent people from crushing the tablet for intranasal administration or from injecting themselves. If it is crushed, the Naltrexone would mix with the morphine and Naltrexone would competitively antagonize the effects of morphine in the body. The inner core containing Naltrexone is specifically formulated so that if ingested orally, the core encapsulating the Naltrexone would not be digested by the GI tract.

So how does it get out of your body? Does it come out the other end?

?

I don't know much about Embeda, so I could well be wrong (like I said), but what nonsense are you referring to? Could you expand on that point a bit? If I'm wrong, explain to me why. Is it about the naloxone, the subs or the Embeda itself? I'm confused. I wasn't suggesting that he can't OD if he takes too much of the stuff via an oral ROA, just that the naltrexone isn't going to have an effect on him no matter what amount he takes. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I never claimed to be an expert on this subject, just gave an opinion is all. If it's wrong, so be it, but at least gimme a reason why. I'm here to learn more than anything else, so give it to me, don't just leave me hangin'!

Good question, Thanat0s.

I knew I shouldn't have answered this thread...

Thantos, what do you mean that taking subs/embeda orally is nonsense?

The potential problem swim is going to have with the embeda is that he/she will have to take quite a bit more than the normal 100-200 mgs swim normally ingests in order to get the same effects - since swim usually crushes and eats nalextrone-free morphine.

Will the cumilative amount of nalextrone from taking large doses of embeda induce w/ds, or will it simply remain inert as others have suggested since the beads containing the nalextrone have not been crushed?

I would've thought you're right, but I dunno now. Were my words misinterpreted, or am I wrong? Disregard my advice until further notice...

harmonik
10-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Apparently if one is taking Embeda, they are shitting Naltrexone. Sweet.

And if one overdoses on Embeda, they can always crush and snort some and tada!

Fat Pie
10-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Apparently if one is taking Embeda, they are shitting Naltrexone. Sweet.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me (too inconvenient for a pill), but I could well be wrong.

EDIT: I read the Wikipedia article on Embeda last night (before I posted my first post on this thread), but I must've misinterpreted the "not digested by the GI tract" bit; so the naltrexone capsule does come out the back end? How weird. Never heard of a pill doing that before, but go figure...Import wins this round!

So the OP doesn't need to worry about the naltrexone in the pills at all, just how much morphine sulphate he ingests?

And if one overdoses on Embeda, they can always crush and snort some and tada!

But if you OD you'll be unconscious, so you're gonna need a helper to stick that naltrexone up yer nose once you pass out!

Morphine
10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
what thanat0s is talking about is that people still believe you cannot crush and abuse suboxone. the doctors will tell you that this releases the naloxone, and its not true. you can shoot up, snort, or crush and sublingual if you'd like with no repercussions.

irish
10-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Couldn't you just soak the whole pill in water to extract the morphine without damaging the beads of death?

Fat Pie
10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
what thanat0s is talking about is that people still believe you cannot crush and abuse suboxone. the doctors will tell you that this releases the naloxone, and its not true. you can shoot up, snort, or crush and sublingual if you'd like with no repercussions.

Oh yeah, I know that. Other opies have mentioned snorting/shooting subs while being maintained on them and not going into w/d's (as long as you're already on them, you should be fine; the naloxone story is just to scare people into not abusing them. PWD's are what you have to watch out for with subs!). However, I was simply comparing subs to Embeda in that they have the same kind of format, ROA and defense mechanisms for abuse, but not that sub's defense mechanism is in any way effective against a long-term user. Embeda, on the other hand, would fuck a person up if abused. My comment kinda came out wrong. I should've used a full stop instead of a semicolon to separate the two points. Instead, it made it look like I was making a positive connection between the anti-abuse format of the two pills, when in fact all I was really saying was that the pills superficially reminded me of one another and that the OP would be fine as long as he took the Embeda orally.

harmonik
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
or, rectally would be nice. I figure that'd work, no? if the naltrexone were metabolized at some point you'd know it... so im prone to thinking it passes in GI tract

Fat Pie, I was just sayin for if ya got to a point of "oh shit, im close"... a bit of crushed naltrexone and yer good, if you catch it like that. I'm sure one could IV/IM crushed Embeda and reverse an overdose.

Fat Pie
10-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Fat Pie, I was just sayin for if ya got to a point of "oh shit, im close"... a bit of crushed naltrexone and yer good, if you catch it like that. I'm sure one could IV/IM crushed Embeda and reverse an overdose.

Oh yeah, sure, sure, I was just makin' a funny!

harmonik
10-29-2010, 12:58 AM
yeah, i know haha... jst clearin myself up though.

i am just imagining someone try to push embeda powder up someone's nose...drooling and blue on a table... silly sight, heh

sweetpoppygrrl
11-02-2010, 01:03 PM
I have a cpp buddy whose workmans comp "doctor" will only write for embeda--- needless to say, it does NOthing for her...
Would plugging be an option for her?
Any buzz I'm sure would be icing, but as a pain relief substance, the shit is pure shite...
Any help would be sorely appreciated...
Thanks guys ..