PDA

View Full Version : Is Kratom worth the money??

HandMeSomeOpiates
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Will I get a good opiate like high from doing a good amount?? How does it compare to 50mgs of hydro?? I think I asked a similar question sometime ago but wanted to see if any new members here have tried it(Kratom). Thanks

HMSO

Sunwheel
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi...yes, kratom is good, and if ya take enough, it definitely gives the nods. Try the premium commercial leaf...about 8 grams or so. Wrok your way up from there. And be sure to mix it with water for about 45 minutes at least, to let some of the goodies seep out, and then stir, and chug it all, ground leaf and everything. Kratom doesn't last very long (about 3 to 5 hours for me), so you gotta get the goodies into your system kinda quick, the whole dose within an hour or so.

You may need more than me. A good solid dose of hydrocodone for me is about 30 mg, and yeah, kratom feels a LOT like hydrocodone compared to other opiates. Starts out kinda stimulating and very euphoric, which fades slowly into sedation and sometimes the nods. Kratom usually works out to around 4 or 5 bucks per dose, which is great. Just don't over do it, kratom is relatively understudied, and it is legal, and we should keep it that way. Don't bother with extracts...to get the full effects, only use ground leaf.

Also, depending on where you get the premium commercial leaf from, you may have to grind it down yourself...I think most places are selling it crushed, which makes grinding easier.

Hope this helps...be safe! And don't start a habit! I read chronic kratom users develop an unnaturally dark skintone...especially on the cheeks. Prolly not good! You're loved ones might wonder why you suddenly swapped ethnicities.... :o

(inaudible screams)
08-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks to google I read that this stuff comes from Thailand mostly. Where can it be purchased in the states?

HistoryofMadness
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I've shopped around and the best deal (and the best quality, too) is here (http://phytoextractum.com)... at phytoextractum.com... there are other places, but this one has kratom (http://www.phytoextractum.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1) and a lot of other interesting things, too, including danshen (http://www.phytoextractum.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=22)... its worth the time to shop around. . . shit I just noticed they're out of kratom, but they have some of the derivatives, you could look at too...

Try mjb botanicals (http://www.mjb-botanicals.com/), they're good too... and they also have some really good shit... all kinds of interesting herbs and extracts. . .

--edit-- I went back and edited my post to say which company I was talking about 'cause I realized I only linked to it and didn't mention it. . . I agree with shaunclo below, they are the best so far of any company i've tried...

shaunclo
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I have ordered Kratom products from many different places and the best place in my opinion is - www.Phytoextractum.com (http://www.Phytoextractum.com)

They have GREAT customer service and very speedy delivery time. I have never been dissapointed with this site, and I have tried MANY!!

(inaudible screams)
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Nice. Thanks for the link. I will place an order tomorrow!

What is the usual amount that you order? I think I might go with 28g of the Course Bali for $8.

HistoryofMadness
08-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I usually order somewhere between 50g and 100g... but my first few orders were 10g and 28g... good to get an idea of what you want and whatnot.

I'd also recommend that you try both making tea and just downing the grinds. Both work well, but you need less when you down the grounds because tea doesn't extract all the goodies. Which also reminds me you should keep grounds for 2 or 3... I've heard 3 times is the best use... I usually use say 8g-10g first (you may want to start lower) then if its a second run, I'll use 12g-20g, and then for the third run I'll just put the whole 20g-30g into the tea...

Or make tea first, then just chomp them down on the second run... oh and keep the grounds in the freezer when not in use, that's seems to keep them the best.

I have a few pretty decent recipes if you wanna start a new thread just for that...

crumping
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi, i have been using 20-25 grams of kratom on friday night and saturday night with a fanotidine (sp). does give me the euphoric feeling and the nods, i sleep like a baby too...don't do it during the week tho. Could i get addicted mentally to it. I take it mostly for pain, but lots of times just to have a "vacation" if you know what i mean. I have noticed on monday and tues, i am somewhat depressed and by friday i am fine. I take that much cuz less does not seem to do it for me. Any thoughts to a newbie? thanks Lucy

blenderqueen
08-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Nice. Thanks for the link. I will place an order tomorrow!

What is the usual amount that you order? I think I might go with 28g of the Course Bali for $8.

hi I am new & sorry I didnt get a chance to introduce myself yet but the thai is way better than the bali the bali just made me feel jittery & sick the thai gave me a very nice warm buzz & energy & my house gets real clean & then I relax & feel very nice:)

i use jennymacs.com & get the super thai. ok now I"ll go introduce myself just saw that & wanted to jump in that I think IMHO that hte thai is way better than the bali (also keeps me from being sick when I run out of hydro) & I'm an old dope feind ( loyal to the foil) so I am really sensitive to feeling dope sick & that thai works ;)

nice to meet you all
BQ :)

(inaudible screams)
08-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Well after ordering and cooking kratom I have to say:

1. The company I used: Phytoextractawhatever was very fast and easy to use. If I order more, it will be from them.

2. Cooking kratom takes more time that I have patience for. I dont ever cook, so standing there watching a pot boil is mind numbing.

3. The tea tasted awful - not because of the flavor, but because it's so BITTER. I cooked about 20g in 50ml and was able to chug most of it, but that bitter feeling is not pleasant.

4. I felt more shaky than sedated. I probably needed to cook a larger amount. So I did. And I used too much water and I waited an hour while the water boiled down and then I had this sick looking tea that I couldnt bring myself to drink so I said screw this and threw it away and then I went and got some abg's. Better living through chemistry, people.

6. Someone mentioned EATING the kratom after you make the tea??? 30g is a decent amount of kratom and it fills about half a ziplock bag. I fathom trying to ingest any amount of kratom. I would gag.

So Ill stick to the pharmaceuticals, thanks.

HistoryofMadness
08-28-2006, 12:35 AM
hey inaudible it sounds to me like you were using too much... excessive amounts makes me shakey too.

the best way to really figure out what's what is by starting with somewhere between 2g and 5g, maybe 7g at the most. i mentioned the tea, but its not necessary. for some reason i always forget that some folks aren't in it for the ritual and the high, like me. i was a shooter so making tea was always the way i went.

but anyway, you probably should've just ground up a few grams and just eaten it. its not nearly as bad as the tea. also you should eat it on an empty stomach (IME) but once eaten you should go ahead and have a bite of food. . .

it really is a fine line between not enough, just enough, and too much. but a few experiments will show you what's best. having said that, the less-than-curious types are probably better off with the certainty of chemistry...

crumping
08-29-2006, 12:26 PM
i buy the bulk powder and put them in capsules cuz of the taste.:p

stringbeanjeans
08-29-2006, 06:32 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of Kratom. It always made me feel like I was slightly carsick and buzzed in an unpleasant way.

Egret Narcosa
09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I've been trying the "Green Thai" strain for the past few days. Even though it's supposed to be a step up from the Premium/Commercial/Bali powder, I was disappointed. It was relatively the same strength for me.

On a side note, the Red Thai powder kicks ass. Five grams of that for me is equal to about 8-10 grams of the premium.

I've been ordering from mrkratom.com, but I might have to try phytoextractum.

PS: I prepare my tea in a coffee maker with about four cups of water. I get awesome effects, but is it wasteful?

Sunwheel
09-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Yes, red thai is good. :)

btw, regarding your method...it seems fine to me. I use the cave man method: mix dose with water, wait 30 or so minutes, and mix it up, and then chug it, grounds and all. Awful and gritty, but it also keeps me from doing it every day.

bodangly
09-03-2006, 05:22 AM
But come on, really, when you can order pods so easily surely theres no point to getting kratom? Right? .... Right? I haven't been missing out on anything, surely?

Sunwheel
09-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Kratom is cheaper, it fits right in the mail box, doesn't last very long (2 to 4 hours), and it isn't as addictive as pods. Perfect for a chipper like me. :)

Its also 100% legal...no grey area.

But come on, really, when you can order pods so easily surely theres no point to getting kratom? Right? .... Right? I haven't been missing out on anything, surely?

bodangly
09-03-2006, 06:04 AM
O. Sort of too late for me then heh

Sunwheel
09-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Actually, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep some around in case you can't get pods or run out for whatever reason. Its good at keeping wds away, from what I hear. Thats one of the traditional uses for it back in Thailand...its a full-on opiate, but the molecular structure of the main active alkaloid is closer to psychedelics than other opiates. Very unique tree...

Of course, who knows how much longer it'll be legal. Y'know how that goes...ANYthing good/fun....

If you decide to get some, get the red vein, or Malaysian kratom. Those two feel like traditional opies.

O. Sort of too late for me then heh

jacky
09-03-2006, 02:42 PM
kratom can be used as a "tool" by opiophiles. this plant is definitely an important opioid, if not the next best opioid to the king...papaver somniferum and alkaloids...
I have tried a variety of other opioid active herbs..and most of you know by now the count is in the teens of plants that have active opioid agonist qualitys, and none are better than kratom.

I noticed when habituated to around 30-50 grams of kratom a day that my sex drive was nearly the same as when sober. when I am habituated to things like methadone, heroin, morphine to a degree, my sex drive plummets.

a person might order kratom in a pinch between scripts...or street scores.
a person might keep some handy in case of emergencys.
a person might take kratom in conjunction with say, the classic opiates for added effect.

but this doesnt work for everyone, some people get dysphoric effects from kratom.
I used to get dizzy and slightly nauseous when taking too much kratom...but I have found over the few years, that I have a higher tolerance to those dysphoric effects. I have been sampling pure snorted mitragynine, oral mitragynine, in conjunction with whole kratom, and the added effects without the nausea are pretty damn good.

kratom is no replacement for opium I agree, and if given the choice between the two I will still take BOTH...cause an opiophile like me needs a hundred different bags man....I want it all, even the antagonists have their uses.

kratom isnt for everyone. I am growing and eating the stuff, and I will enjoy this luxury till the man takes it away.

by the way, for people new to kratom, the price has actually dropped significantly since 2000, even though the commercial price nearly doubled in the last year. kratom isnt a bad deal, unless it is of poor quality, buying homegrown leaf is not a very thrifty venture...the outdoor grown leaf is always better than some overpriced greenhouse material produced in them states.

I am definitely biased on this subject.
what I am waiting for, is the herbal opioid that is "better" than kratom....I am tracking down anything I can find.

Spell Relief
09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Me & you both Jacky, Im hurting like a soab today. I thought that with
a 2Tbls. increase from 6 to 8 in P grounds that I wouldnt be in this freakin state.
Lets say about 8 tbls to 2 cups water, drank one, shared the other.
well Im fixing to brew the 2nd strain & if that dont work..EM rm. is where
Im going:o , long shot as it is. If when I try that Kratom in Topic does the trick for me I will be putting my greenthumb to work in a few mos.

scarlett44
10-01-2006, 07:10 PM
I have several questions for anyone that can help me I am about to try and taper off hydros. I take 12-15 0f the 10mg a day and I have to stop. I cant deal with the w/ds, I have a 5 year old and new baby and my husband doesn't havea clue. What exactly should I order and how much to help taper off? I ordered the kratom a long time ago but I guess I didnt eat enough. I put it on peanut butter sandwhich, probably about 2 spoonfuls and it didn't do shit. I am really worried about w/ds and how I should taper. I just cant afford to order anymore on net and I have no more refills left. I only have about 35 left. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also, I know I should keep busy but what do some of you guys do to keep yourself busy while tapering or trying to quit? thanks so much!!

cori
10-01-2006, 10:49 PM
the answer is NO, its legal... what do you think... might as well take like 8
loperamide

Concreteguy
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Scarlett,

I am in the process of using Kratom to ease w/d off a 10 per day 10/325 habit. I decided to not taper and immediate switch to Kratom once i was out. It is really amazing how it quells the w/d. You are not going to be totally home free - still get hot/cold flashes, and my mood is not the best. Time seems to go by very slowly. However, this time around I am able to go to work and do the things I normally do.

I did not mess with tea but actually ate the powder - 2 teaspoons per dose followed immediately by a warm beverage. I redose once i feel w/d coming on which i about every 4-5 hours. i guess in on the first day I will take 8 teapoons, although the last two days I've only needed 5-6 teapoons per day.

i believe this is habit forming so I want to try and stop using after one week. PLease try it again and good luck!

scarlett44
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
are youu on any kind of anti depressant? I started zoloft but i think that is what is making me so tired. any other good ones you like? I tried effexor and hated it.

HistoryofMadness
10-07-2006, 11:14 AM
speciosa, I had to remove your post only because it was a 'vendor/resource' post and we limit those to one area. i tried to email but you have selected not to receive them so here's your message.

Powdered Love
10-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Got an ouce of Kratom the other day... malaysian strain, powdered leaf. The first dose I did (about 6 grams) worked wonders! It honestly felt like I had eaten 4 Vicodins. It was nice. But then, the next day, I took a dose of about 8 grams and... nothing. Just a feeling like I ate one darvocet. Next day, I eat the rest of the ounce and again... nothing, just that same darvocet feeling. I can see how this stuff may work to help one out of the bowels of withdrawl, but it's not any good for fun in my book. And it doesn't help that the stuff tastes like VOMIT. No exaggeration, it really does taste exactly like stomach acid. I've found the best way to take it is to mix it in with some sorbet and eat it.

Moral of my story: don't waste your money, you can get pods for around the same price and they're WAY more effective.

Peace
-PL