PDA

View Full Version : Methadone clinic stories wanted

soggy
10-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi folks, I'm writing a fictional murder/mystery novel which will focus on the methadone clinic experience (including clients, workers, pharmacists and others involved in the MMT system).

It's loosely based on some true stories of my own experience (and my own clinic), but for legal reasons, details will have to be altered.

I welcome all stories, positive and negative, but to be frank, I think the MMT program needs a major overhaul and I hope to convey that message in the book.

The idea being that an entertaining read can also be an educational one. I don't think the average person knows much about MMT and that has to change.

If my book can get people at least thinking about MMT and the related addiction epidemic in North America, I'll consider it a success.

You privacy will of course be respected.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards
soggy

ka11ink
10-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I love fictional/non fictional stories pro and amateur having anything to do with 'the game'. When I'm scrolling through different tv shows I look for keywords (heroin, drug, dealing etc), I know it's lame but I'm just entertained by this shit. SOme of the shit on tv is way over the top though, either glorifying or demonizing it way too much.

OrangeLude
10-17-2010, 01:50 PM
give this a glance see if it meets your needs....slice of life?

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=27280

soggy
10-17-2010, 01:57 PM
give this a glance see if it meets your needs....slice of life?

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=27280

Thanks Orange Lude, I have been following your taper story and it's very inspiring.

I guess what I'm looking for is something more specific - you know, a crazy thing that happened at the clinic one day while you're waiting in line for your drink, a pharmacist who goes out of her way to do you a favour, a counsellor that does his/her job really well (or really badly).

Does that help?

I really need readers to feel the experience of being in an MMT program.

soggy

HandMeSomeOpiates
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I had a buddy trick his clinic into giving him a significant extra amount of methadone. He would just play dumb and get defensive and say "THAT'S WHAT THEY GAVE ME YESTERDAY!" and the woman would always do it just because she didn't want to put up with his annoying ass, and before long he was telling her how much he was getting, instead of her telling him. :cool: Hope that helps

Billy the kid
10-17-2010, 03:07 PM
One time when I was drinking my dose at the window it went down the wrong tube. I tried to hold it in but I like sneezed and a mixture of snot and methadone liquid sprayed on the nurse. I felt like an idiot and probably wasted half my dose.

I've been going for 7 years so I've got a ton of crazy stories. I'll try and write some more later.

soggy
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks HMSO/Billy, keep the stories coming, the more the merrier!

Thanks
soggy

methadonian
10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I got caught once switching/pocketing my dose for a spare take-out bottle with cherry koolaid trying to help a friend get well. Luckily they did'nt boot me off for that little stunt. Or what about the time the nurse puts 6 take-outs in front of me with about 150mg more methadone per dose than I usually take. All interesting little stories in their own rite but I think stories about the creative ingenuity of the junky and the little scams or dollar chasing tricks they use to get by are a more interesting read....IMO:cool: