PDA

View Full Version : Snorting Opana ER Question....

JBRONCFAN
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Since Opana ER uses the same TIMER/X that the old oxy's used to use......aren't you guys worried about the shit gelling up INSIDE your lungs??? Plenty of moisture in there and it's water that makes a chopped Opana ER gel up, yes??

FiendMan
10-07-2010, 09:04 AM
not totally sure on this, but i'm pretty sure that when a substance is snorted it is absorbed through the membranes in the nasal cavity and excess runs down the throat as opposed to the lungs. don't think this is anything you need to worry about; however, if you have ANY fear over what you are taking it is best to be on the safe side and find an alternate ROA.

Ludakris
10-07-2010, 09:14 AM
I too have shared this concern...the idea isn't so much that the runoff or drip is going into your lungs, but the initial inhale when snorting causes some powder to get into the lungs...I've found this true in anything I've snorted, regardless how softly I inhale. I just try my hardest, after each toot, to try to cough anything up I can before it gels or anything...kinda like trying to cough up phlegm when you have the flu.

I've also heard (I do believe here) that the coating on OC's (at least the old ones) can cause some real problems if it got into your lungs, I always made absolutely sure to get every last little piece of coating off before crushing up.

ShamanicHaze
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
When I first got into opana I would rail the whole pill in 1 line and I found a good portion would go into my lungs. In fact, it was enough where I had such bad aversion to opana that I couldn't do it for a while. Eventually I found out that if you break your pill into 5-6 small piles and snort every lightly that you wont run into this problem at all, at least you don't feel it in your lungs. Not to mention that it all sticks in your nose and gels perfectly so you get much higher.

port rhombus
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Since Opana ER uses the same TIMER/X that the old oxy's used to use......aren't you guys worried about the shit gelling up INSIDE your lungs??? Plenty of moisture in there and it's water that makes a chopped Opana ER gel up, yes??

Gelling up in my lungs, no. Silicosis in 5-15 years, maybe... the jury is still out on that one.

If anything, the gelling mechanism would reduce the amount of Bad Stuff that reaches your airways.

Gelatinous food for thought:
bluelight dot ru/vb/showthread.php?t=521995

^^^ fascinating thread at that other site, but put on your drama googles and read it through to the end [in progress].

ShamanicHaze
10-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I totally disagree with the gel keeping shit out of lungs. Opana doesn't gel up for a solid 2-3 minutes and if anyting reaches your lungs I'd say 80% of it comes from the initial inhalation.

JBRONCFAN
10-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Yesterday was SWIM's first experience with Opana ER and they have a very high tolerance with oxy. Mostly oral use with some OC80 crushing and snorting.

SWIM did tw Opana ER's crushed. Then 45 minutes later another two. About an hour later SWIM got nautious and blew chunks. Said a lot came out, three hurls. Few hours later was laying down in bed and SWIM started to get immediate pains in my left chest area. Wasn't so much over the heart, more like lower left ribcage. Kept getting harder and harder. Then the typical heart attack symptoms appeared like left side numbness, back pain.

Everything ended up fine, they are ok. I was thinking of sending him some advice, thought I'd might clear it with you guys first.

I figured they should get most of the good stuff on the first toot since it's extremely powdery. Anything else should be crap. I told them to just keep lightly tooting whatever is still in their nose, every few minutes. If anything ends up in the back of their throat to just hack it up like a loogy and spit it out. Opana has horrible oral availability already. Without the ER protection to survive the stomach acids, all diced up like that it wouldn't do crap in this state so just spit it out. I figured the ER coating helps it survive the stomach and the absorption of they oxymorph should happen later on down the GI tract but in the case of them tooting it, the remnants that end up in their stomach forces the absorption of the oxymorph to happen there.

Maybe the extra acids created for the oxymorph in the stomach instead of later on the in the GI tract caused the hard puking they experienced???

Just wondering if anyone here had the same physical symptoms as SWIM did. cx,c

What do you guys think about all this??

port rhombus
10-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I totally disagree with the gel keeping shit out of lungs.

If you're careful to insufflate the crushed tablet so as to coat your nasal mucosa, rather than power-huffiing it right past where it "needs" to be, I'd be surprised if the gelling mechanism didn't keep at least some of the nasty binders from reaching your alveoli.

Regardless, nothing good can come from snorting Opana ER (speaking from experience).

JBRONCFAN
10-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Regardless, nothing good can come from snorting Opana ER (speaking from experience).

Well.........actually something VERY good comes from snorting Opana ERs......................

Synack
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Gelling up in my lungs, no. Silicosis in 5-15 years, maybe... the jury is still out on that one.

If anything, the gelling mechanism would reduce the amount of Bad Stuff that reaches your airways.

Gelatinous food for thought:
bluelight dot ru/vb/showthread.php?t=521995

^^^ fascinating thread at that other site, but put on your drama googles and read it through to the end [in progress].

and talcosis - but honestly, I have breathing issues as is - and a history of infiltrates from other things so it won't be a surprise.

LayinLow
10-14-2010, 02:13 PM
How is the high from snorting Opana ER? I mean I'm sure you come up quicker, but is it that much better than just eating them? And are the IR's much better for snorting?
Cus I see a lot of people talk about how good they are IV (of course) but not many reports on oxymorphone snorted. Opinions?

Larkin
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
How is the high from snorting Opana ER??

Wonderful.

HappySad
10-14-2010, 02:42 PM
The high comes on very quickly from snorting opana er, like a few minutes. It kicks in even harder at about 10 minutes, after that you should be pleasantly high for a good 6+ hours. I prefer it over oc, but not by that much.

oxymorphojuanadone
10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
i was actually just wondering about this the other day, as it seems that every time i do opana, after having not done it for an extended period of time, i get an upper-respiratory infection. it happened the last time i did opana a few weeks ago, and i'm still dealing with a pretty nasty cough. everything i manage to cough up has the "opana taste" to it, as well, so i would definitely account my respiratory problems to something having to do with the opana.