PDA

View Full Version : Methadone Come on...

insaneike
08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Well, I've ben using the 10mg methadose imprinted methadone for a good 2months now, taking 2 a day along with my fentnayl patch, morphine 30s, soma, kpins, and some roxi 30s....(sever chronic pain and one nasty tolerance)... and I've noticed the SOBs take every bit of 1hr30min to come on! What is up with taht!?!? As one member from antoher baord siad he feels within 30min.. pfft, thats BS. as event he woman I get them from say it takes 1.5hours to kick in... to me it's more like 2 full hours...

so what are you guys time frame of the methadone come on?

Don't say nsort them, cause it burns like you jsut whiffed some cyane pepper ;)

later

Hammilton
08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
It depends on the day for me. Sometimes I'll feel it in an hour but usually anywhere between 60 and 115mins. I've not felt them until 2:30 which I blame on eating right before dosing.

Feeling it in 30 minutes? Wow, that'd be nice but I can't imagine it happening except for a neophyte with no tolerance.

Even injected 'done takes about 45 minutes to make itself known. Snorting doesn't really speed up the onset, and I've never had problems snorting them. Sucking on them... sucked though. A weird aneasthetic feeling.

Sleep

shaunclo
08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
When I was eating those methadose 40 wafers, I would feel them within 15-30 minutes. When I say feel them, I mean I could START to feel them in about that time, but it definitely took about an hour and 1/2 for the full-affects to peak.

I am about 6' 160 lb's and I dont care what anyone else has to say, maybe I have a fast metabolism, but I definitely do feel those wafers within 15-30 minutes, regardless if I had something to eat or not. I would just swallow them too.

Sitar
08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah, an hour and a half to feel something is pretty typical, given that peak plasma levels don't happen with methadone for a few hours generally.

Methadone has such great oral bioavailability that snorting or injecting is essentially no better than than just eating it.

cori
08-08-2006, 02:14 AM
a few months back i was on 65 mg of methadone to treat my depression, and actually i am seriously considering getting back in the program starting this weekend. but like most people once im in the program i start to feel the chains and want to get out.

Has this happened to any one else before???

At night i would wake up from the middle of a deep opiated sleep and i couldnt bend my knees it felt like they were locked up and hurt like hell. all i can figure is i fall into such a deep sleep and didnt even move all night and must have been hyper extending my knees for a few hours or something but didnt move because i was in such a deep sleep. but it hurt like a bitch and happened a couple times.

shaunclo
08-08-2006, 11:20 AM
At night i would wake up from the middle of a deep opiated sleep and i couldnt bend my knees it felt like they were locked up and hurt like hell. all i can figure is i fall into such a deep sleep and didnt even move all night and must have been hyper extending my knees for a few hours or something but didnt move because i was in such a deep sleep. but it hurt like a bitch and happened a couple times.

Thats normal Cori, its just that you were nodding so fuckin hard that your legs probably fell asleep in an uncomfortable position, and when you came to from your nod, its hurts when the blood flow gets back into those legs of yours.

Sometimes, I will fall asleep in such an uncomfortable position that when I wake up I ache all over. But its all good, cause I know that I was high as a motha fucka, and it was all worth it:cloud9:

cori
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
You know i just realized that that was the reason for the whole knees locking up thing. i thought it was from work. But when it happened a couple a days ago after too much tea it all made sense. mmmmmmm tea.

orangejuice
08-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, I've ben using the 10mg methadose imprinted methadone for a good 2months now, taking 2 a day along with my fentnayl patch, morphine 30s, soma, kpins, and some roxi 30s....(sever chronic pain and one nasty tolerance)... and I've noticed the SOBs take every bit of 1hr30min to come on! What is up with taht!?!? As one member from antoher baord siad he feels within 30min.. pfft, thats BS. as event he woman I get them from say it takes 1.5hours to kick in... to me it's more like 2 full hours...

later

for me i have a fast metabolism been using methadone for several years and it seems a constant 50 mins to an hr before i start feeling em...couple hours full blown....and i am one that eats the fuck outta stacker twos and shit and it still takes a long time

Paregoric Kid
08-09-2006, 01:20 AM
taking certain potentiators and taking your dose on an empty stomach can really help get it into your system faster.

kdreimiller
08-09-2006, 06:27 AM
I have a pretty quick metaboliusm as well, I can feel larger doses in 45 minutes, and the brunt of it within 1.5 hours. Definately no rush....

warmgun
08-10-2006, 08:03 AM
hi,

i'm a 90° person.
i know someone though who gets it going after 20°.

i find that quite amazing.

panthrax
08-21-2006, 11:50 PM
By the way, I was the guy who can feel them in 30 minutes. But it does take about an hour for the full effect.

Of course, I take them on an empty stomach and with various potentiators.

poonwhalla
08-22-2006, 01:02 AM
When I was eating those methadose 40 wafers, I would feel them within 15-30 minutes. When I say feel them, I mean I could START to feel them in about that time, but it definitely took about an hour and 1/2 for the full-affects to peak.

I am about 6' 160 lb's and I dont care what anyone else has to say, maybe I have a fast metabolism, but I definitely do feel those wafers within 15-30 minutes, regardless if I had something to eat or not. I would just swallow them too.
Damn dude this kid always used to say that I was chemical sensitave I guess everyone's chemistry is different.

HeidiW
08-23-2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I took about 25 methadone the other day, about an hour and a half before a sentencing at court. (I wasn't sure if I was going to jail so I figured if they did throw me in, I'd better have a good buzz) I was noddin' b4 I left the court house... (No jail, probation) My lawyer and husband had to walk me to the car. I puked for 2 days and was pretty messed up. I won't do that crap again . . .

defenestrate
08-23-2006, 10:32 PM
i believe it took about 30 minutes to start being able to tell and about an hour to peak the other day (oj, was it you i was chatting with at the time? i was thinking it was-and it was almost exactly 30min as i recall)

nick
08-24-2006, 06:50 AM
It's has been a few years since I had the dubious pleasure of 'done,but I remember if I was sick it came on a lot faster.
Stomach contents obviously effect onset time.

theobarbital
09-21-2006, 09:54 AM
before i got in the clinic, i was taking those methadose 10's, between 10-22 tablets at a time. for me it took at least an hour, sometimes two to get the soothing come on.
now however, i am in a clinc for methadone maitenance, the methadose white 40 mg diskettes take a couple hours to come on too. they're mixed with warm water, taste like chalk. but i switched over to the liquid methadone recently, and i feel a wave of relaxation and slight pleasure just 45 minutes after drinking the solution.
basically, the pills take a while to come on.
the methadose liquid hits quicker.

LayinLow
09-21-2006, 10:38 AM
before i got in the clinic, i was taking those methadose 10's, between 10-22 tablets at a time. for me it took at least an hour, sometimes two to get the soothing come on.
now however, i am in a clinc for methadone maitenance, the methadose white 40 mg diskettes take a couple hours to come on too. they're mixed with warm water, taste like chalk. but i switched over to the liquid methadone recently, and i feel a wave of relaxation and slight pleasure just 45 minutes after drinking the solution.
basically, the pills take a while to come on.
the methadose liquid hits quicker.

I agree... when I was on MMT, they would give me the liquid, and after about 35-45 minutes, I would feel it coming on nicely. This was always on an empty stomach. I'm thinking of getting back on MMT... buying all these other pills is getting too expensive. I just hate driving to dose every morning.

shaunclo
09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm thinking of getting back on MMT... buying all these other pills is getting too expensive. I just hate driving to dose every morning.

Wow, it really blows me away as to how many people on here are "pharmaceutical junkies" and have never tried H. I guess I live in backwards land here, cause I NEVER see pills, only black.

With how much it costs to get fucked up off pharmie's now-a-days, it would probably cost me a weeks worth of dope money to just get straight. In fact, I dont think I have ever gotten messed up on any pills (except for taking too much meth once) the way tar gets me messed up.

Everyone should count there blessings and be happy at the fact that you are able to still have fun with pills, and with the prices being as high as they are, it probably keeps a lot of peoples habits in check.

Goddamn, how I envy all you pill-popping, no H-finding fuckers out there........enjoy you bastards:)

red26
09-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Has anyone ever gotten sleep apnea from methadone? I used to get it bad and scare the shit outta my girlfriend almost every night. She would wake me up to make sure I was still alive cuz I stopped breathing for about a minuite. Often I would wake up half-way and could'nt breath. Scared the shit uotta me too.

robojunkie
09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Wow, I must have some weak ass absorption! When I was on 110 mgs I wouldn't feel anything for an hour and it would take 3 hours for the full on. And that's on an empty stomach first thing in the am. Even doubling up when I was on like 30 or 40 would still take 45 minutes to feel anything. I've heard from lots of people its like this with the oral concentrate but I never really understood why that would matter, hell liquid should be a little quicker if anything. Never taken the 5's or wafers, though I've banged 'em. Anyone notice a difference between the juice and the pills?

orangejuice
09-21-2006, 10:16 PM
ive never noticed a difference between the two. Ive tried both. Ive also tried dissolving the wafers in many different liquids, it still takes about the same. maybe 5 or 10 mins faster but hardly. Dunno, its just one of those things we wonder about. What will it be like when the day comes bringing immediate release methadone that hits you in 20 mins!? :D ill be waiting in line that day.

edhorfin
09-21-2006, 10:26 PM

later

With all that shit on board, how the fuck can you tell when ANTHING kicks in? JK

orangejuice
09-21-2006, 10:36 PM
As one member from antoher baord siad he feels within 30min.. pfft, thats BS. as event he woman I get them from say it takes 1.5hours to kick in... to me it's more like 2 full hours...

Well dude, every "BODY" is different. Clearly everyone here has different times when they feel the meth. Its because it depends on something lol i just dont kno what. But really, you cant just say that something is gonna kick in at exactly 0:00 or its bull shit. Not trying to be a dick, im just saying. But dayum, i gotta say, i would hate to have your metabolism or whatever it takes for the meth to kick. I couldnt bare waiting 90 mins for any effects.

BTW sorry if this has already been adressed

Badly Drawn Girl
09-25-2006, 09:03 PM

I swallow them and it hits extremely fast. That's one thing I love about them. I'd say 15-20 minutes tops. Whereas an Oxy would take me 1 to 1 1/2 hours before I felt anything.

Badly Drawn Girl
09-25-2006, 09:07 PM
[quote=cori;35847]a few months back i was on 65 mg of methadone to treat my depression, and actually i am seriously considering getting back in the program starting this weekend. but like most people once im in the program i start to feel the chains and want to get out.

Has this happened to any one else before???quote]

I'm no help but wanted to thank you for bringing a smile to my face. I saw your avatar and stopped breathing for a second. I have that comic book, and it's one of my all time favorites. I haven't opened a comic book in a great many years but I was so surprised to see that picture on here. Very cool!

Badly Drawn Girl
09-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Wow, it really blows me away as to how many people on here are "pharmaceutical junkies" and have never tried H. I guess I live in backwards land here, cause I NEVER see pills, only black.

With how much it costs to get fucked up off pharmie's now-a-days, it would probably cost me a weeks worth of dope money to just get straight. In fact, I dont think I have ever gotten messed up on any pills (except for taking too much meth once) the way tar gets me messed up.

Everyone should count there blessings and be happy at the fact that you are able to still have fun with pills, and with the prices being as high as they are, it probably keeps a lot of peoples habits in check.

Goddamn, how I envy all you pill-popping, no H-finding fuckers out there........enjoy you bastards:)

LOL, that would be me. Although I did have the slightly dark thought the other day that H would be so much cheaper. And that in of itself would be a problem. I just cannot afford to go off into la-la land with the pills. I do take them for chronic pain but I self medicate as needed and make no apologies for that. Methadone is not only the cheapest thing I can find, it lasts the longest. I have a super fast metabolism and get maybe an hour of enjoyment off of percs before it starts to fade away. Oxys last about 6 hours. Methadone lasts all day long. I'm sold. But I get a lot of crap from other people who seem to think it's only for heroin addiction. It's certainly the best thing for my pain issues!

CUBErt
09-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Ya, Badly Drawn Girl, alot of people have the thought that H would be cheaper... and it is for a time, much more bang for your buck. But your tolerance increases just as with anything and soon its just as expensive, and its more of a hassle to get running around with many of the wrong kinda people.

By the way, I like your Signature quote :)

Badly Drawn Girl
09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
By the way, I like your Signature quote :)