PDA

View Full Version : Quick Duragesic Question (length of effects after removal)

scikid
08-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I searched for this and couldn't find an answer, hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Anyways, yesterday at about 9:30 PM I put on one 25 ug Duragesic patch... I then waited till around 3:30 AM and put another one on. Its now about 12:30 PM (the next day) and I got a bit freaked out that I have put to high of a dose into my system. I have no reason to think this physically, just the fact that I read it takes 24 hours to feel the full effects and I don't want to overdose in my sleep. Anyways how long will these patches continue to effect me? Am I being to much of a wuss? I don't use daily but usually use anywhere from 40 to 60 OC (nasally) throughout the day (along with a few beers and maybe a benzo) or around 70 to 80 hydro (same situation with the "extras). Will I be safe if I reapply the patch? Should I give it a few hours and then reapply? I got these for basically free so I'm not to worried if there wasted.

Oh yeah.. I have used opiates for many years, along with a 2 year span where I didn't use any.

Well thanks for reading, hopefully you all can understand my question.

insaneike
08-05-2006, 12:05 PM
It will take ATLEAST till the 2nd day to feel shit form the patch my friend... give it till toamrrow before applying a second one... and after day 15 of wearing them(5 patches) is when teh effects it its 'mean' point. So says the pamplet that came with my fentanyl patches.

Personaly, i don't wear them for JACK!@ Smoke it. If u want, i will described in great detail how to do so safely and effectivly. or insaneike@hotmail, add me on MSN.

I too, am prescribed the 25mcg/hr gel patches.

later

scikid
08-05-2006, 12:14 PM
^^^

I'm not perscribed it but I'm thinking of going the smoking route (slowly of course)... if you would like to post how to please do. Otherwise I can just search. I did notice in another thread that you have a much heavier daily dose then I do (I don't have a daily dose, I just usually binge), but I will start really small, if I even decide to do it all. I think I'm just overanaylizing this honestly, I've used to use pretty heavily and recently have noticed that my tolerance seems to be pretty damn high... 60 milligrams of hydro, 3 or 4 beers, some cannabis has me feeling pretty damn good but I was still able to function (walk around, talk, pay attention to the music etc) at a show...

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't fuck with fent. Anyways since I had two patches on for awhile I'm gonna give it a break for a few hours at least.

Thanks for the quick response, I've been researching fent at the different forums but sometimes its better to have your own question answered. Especially when using something so powerfull.....

vaxn8
08-05-2006, 02:20 PM
If you already stuck it on once, you won't get it to stick effectively again. It's hard to tell if that is too much for you since you don't use regularly. Although it can take a week and a half to get to a steady state blood concentration, it takes 5 -12 hours to get the drug from the patch to your blood. This of course depends on how much body fat you have. Fent likes fat and gets hung up in it. If you don't have lots of body fat, you should know at 12 hours how it's affecting you. If you are concerned, give it longer. It's always better to err on the side of caution with fent, and in your case not really knowing your tolerance, caution is a good thing.

devilsdrug
08-05-2006, 04:15 PM
use search for smoking or look into supermans posts pay ATTENTION

(inaudible screams)
08-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't worry about 2 patches if you have taken OC's and up to 80mg of hydro in the past.

If you want to experiment, take the patch off and cut it open. Take a q-tip and dab it into the gel, getting a small amount (I covered the entire tip, but it wasn't a giant glob). Now rub the tip on your tongue. You will feel the effects much quicker than using the patch.

I took another dab after I started to feel good. I also took the rest of the gel and put it into a nasal sprayer, mixed it with some warm water, and shot a few squirts. I felt pretty loopy! My patch was also a 75, much stronger than your 25.

I haven't tried smoking any yet, but I have more patches for future use. Take DD's nearly unitelligible advice and search for the directions.

scikid
08-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah sorry I posted this, I have read supermans post but I just wanted to have my question answered.

Thanks for all the info guys!