PDA

View Full Version : TAPERING DOWN

hydro chris
08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, My Friend has a habit off 100mcg fent mylar patchs (no gel) warn for 72 hours, also hydrocodone. His goal is to get down around 80mgs of oxy/or hydro a day. then hell figure something out if successful....Get cleal, maintain, chip????

The fent itself half life feel more like around 37 hours, before slight withdrawals start sliding in sneezing (which he doesn't do while on..) yawning, eyes/nose.
then the hydrocodone is taking for the remainder 35-42 hrs.

The first 30 something hours are felt as Superman, energy galore. if he puts it on after 4 pm, hes can not sleep that night,
by the second day he has to takes 60-70mgs hydro to get him by that day..
third day upwards to 100mgs.
then repeat..

Its a roller coaster ride to tell you the truth, by the third day what a miserably fucker and says he feels dirty(fog brained) and dead tired.

He has a decent amount of different ways of going about doing this, some stuff to help with w/d"s.

He thinsk this is the best way to go ..just keep the hydrocodone on days 2 and 3rd and lower the mgs slowly (no hurry, hes been doing this already // OR will consider if he can highly do his job well ).

One thing, whats will happen when he get down to just 1 or 2 hydros on those last two days before applying a new patch?
HES TOTALLY NOT SURE IF A PATCH WILL EVEN KEEP HIM WELL FOR 72HOURS...

Hes heard mixed thing about cutting them?
So cutting them and continue tapering with the hydros might not work?
or what do you think?
The amount of fent in your system differs all the time, im told,
also hear that he can even tell when hes been at the beach.

Also thinking of putting something together with the following also
180- ten mgs m/done, k-pins, lepo, weed, also some clonodine, seroquel.

It might be a little hard to do a methadone THING, due to the amount giving?
Thanks, HC

Woody Bear
08-29-2010, 07:27 PM
I understand that your friend wants to taper down, and that he takes hydrocodone and fentanyl patches. But that's about it I'm afraid.

What is your friend taking every day?

If he want's to taper, he needs to take less. Try to go as long as possible between doses, and then only take enough to get rid of the physical withdrawal symptoms.

Fat Pie
08-29-2010, 07:56 PM
The most important piece of advice for your friend to remember is to take this thing one day at a time and not rush it, otherwise he'll end up right back where he started, maybe even worse off than he already was to begin with (knocked confidence, higher dose/tolerance level due to w/d setting in from tapering too quickly etc).

As for dose dates/levels/decreases etc. you'll have to ask somebody else here, as I'm not familiar with fent or how to kick/taper from it (too scared to touch the stuff tbh, what with it being dosed in micrograms and all, and wouldn't know where to find some even if I was interested in trying it) , but we have a wide and eclectic range of users here (as you well know by now), some of them fent heads, so I'm sure that someone here can answer your queries in detail.

hydro chris
08-29-2010, 08:02 PM
just 1 fent patch every 72 hours,it only lasts 36 hours intill w/d's set in.so he takes vikes in between 36 -72 hour mark so stay well, after he weans down to just the fent patch and no hydrocodone. he has to make a decision on what to do...
thats if he can even get that low, cause he doesnt know if the fent will last 72 hrs to begin with? yeah know.
the only stronger opiate he has is methadone so it wouldnt be easy to just switch off the patch to something like oxy/opana

Woody Bear
08-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Tapering down while using a Fentanyl patch would be really difficult, because your opioid levels would be high every time you put the patch on, instead of being able to slowly adjust your dose down. So yes, your friend would be best off swapping the Fentanyl patches for almost anything else really.

The way tapering works is by slowly reducing your dose, it makes your body adjust to having less. But the whole point of fentanyl patches, is that you keep a near enough constant blood level of fentanyl in you. So wearing a fentanyl patch is about constant maintance which is the opposite of tapering.

It would be like being on methadone maintance for 2 days, then on the third day taking half your dose and some vicoden on top to make up for it. So it's better to switch to something where your in complete control over how much you take, and can gradually reduce your dose down.

jimmyfingers
08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I have no clue about using Fent patches to taper down. In that situation, I would trade some of my fent patches for 10 subs. That should be more than enough subs to do a quick taper

Uncle Wiggly
08-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Does your friend get the drugs prescribed to him or does he obtain them by other means? The reason I ask is because a successful taper depends greatly upon having enough medication available to complete said taper.

Assuming these meds are scripted, the first thing to do would be to taper off the Hydro until they're no longer needed to hold him between patch changes. Once he's off the Hydro your friend could start trimming the patches, provided they are not gels, by 1/8th each week, every other week or month.

Slow tapers are usually the most successful as they are the most comfortable. This is just my .02 and YMMV.

hydro chris
08-30-2010, 05:04 PM
ok thanks guys, he get refills of fent and hydro, he was thinking about cutting the patchs also..
he has access to subs but it would be fast and short taper.. also doesnt think he could be able to work. he really does not much experience with subs.
so getting down to a patch then slice off about 1/8th. use 7/8 of a patch with hydros if need be, then stable out again.

Count Zero
09-07-2010, 02:43 PM
thanks for the responses by the way- i gussin hes goin c/t from here on out, in a day or two. just to get it over with...
even with subs he"ll have to probably wait 90hr before dosing. (so 90hr is a good amount of time to dwell on it.)
but, still not counting it out. the lack of knowledge with subs is nearly ZERO and to use them to detox is about the same. still lookin into info. about it.
cant be anywhere near the time length of methadone w/d. fuck!

edit: sorry if thread is in wrong forum!

You said he's got methadone, right? If it were me, I'd experiment to find out what the minimum done dose is that is neccessary to cover for the fent-and if possible cover both the fent and the hydro-then start at that and do a one week taper to 0, adding in the hydro if absolutely neccessary to sleep/work etc. For example if 70 mgs of done will hold him for 24 hours, go 70-50-30-20-10-5-5-0 or something like that-I wouldn't take the done for more than a week-except in very small amounts on day 8 or 9 if required.
I would focus on bagging the fent altogether first, better to have a small/medium residual hydro habit than any kind of fent habit however small IMO. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Count Zero
09-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I would focus on bagging the fent altogether first, better to have a small/medium residual hydro habit than any kind of fent habit however small IMO. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
thanks,, but,im not sure what your sayin hear bro?
if you mean to get off the fent first.- no, dont wanna see a long drawn-out withdrawal.
a fast tapper is lookin so much better. thanks again

thanks,, but,im not sure what your sayin hear bro?
if you mean to get off the fent first.- no, dont wanna see a long drawn-out withdrawal.
a fast tapper is lookin so much better. thanks again

Sorry, I meant get enough done for a one week graded taper to zero, then stop the done. Do no fent during that week and as little hydro as possible (the hydro won't cut through the done anyway).

so if i deiced to do a fast taper with methadone/ off wit the fent patch ..
should i wait till im in withdrawals? if so how far? or (which wouldnt make a difference
anyway ) wait past the half-life of the fentanyl?
im thinkin that, if i dont wait until im in decent w/d's , i well not know how many mgs
of m/done to start with. thanks

hydro chris
09-12-2010, 08:09 AM
so, decided to take off my fent patch off thruday night and instead off puttin on
a new one, i waited 4 hours and dose 20mgs of methadone at 9:00 PM that night.
Dosed 20mgs friday morning and 20 mgs saturday morning which did well.
this morning iv cut it down to around 17.5 im guessin, cause they have the 10 mg
pills.
really hope this holds , surprised that 20mgs is holdin, coming of of fent/vikes.
sorta just waitin to be felt like i got hit with a hugh rock.
comein off of 200-300 oxymorph/vike and need around 60-70 to hold me.
im really hopin that i dont have to increase the done, due to the little fent in my system.
its so early to tell but due to the fents slow steady release and long ass half life.. the damage is not (or might not be) as bad as a opana er sniffin fest. idk.??
input, advice, questions would be great- if you can understand the nonsense?
im currently takein and online Englash coarse,jfyi:)

hydro chris
09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
around 17.5 yesterday morning to 15 this morning. not feelin bad at all.
clear headed..slight craving.

hydro chris
09-17-2010, 01:18 PM
glad we chose m/.done on this tapper so far
started
thursday night- 20 mgs
fri- 20mgs /am
sat- 20
su- 17
mon- 15
tues- 15
wed- 12
thurs- 1o
fri- 7
he try to dose late mornings. i can get by dosing e/24 hours, i start to run on E at about 7 pm an smoke it out for the night and just eat good food
.sleep is pretty tough. i look and feel good. also back to light workout.
one thing is........ im waitin for a little storm to brew..
i think his levels are kinda high?

OxyBlowBall2
09-17-2010, 03:40 PM
keep it goin. good luck with it bro.

hydro chris
09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
thanks man,
im still at 7 mgs today. should i speed this up?

Uncle Wiggly
09-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't rush things were I in your friend's shoes. As long as he has enough meds to keep-up the taper, he might as well make it as comfortable as possible. Methadone has a long half-life. Your friend should keep that in mind.

Anyway, sounds like things are going well. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Dolofinell
09-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Good luck to your friend chris, hope all goes well with the taper, thanks for your kind words on my jump. Good cannabis has helped me alot, its been almost 3 months.

hydro chris
09-19-2010, 02:04 PM
i me myfriendand brother are at 5 mgs today and fellin good:) ^^^thanks guys

hydro chris
09-22-2010, 11:06 AM
around 2 1/2 mgs today... feel alright, not much sleep. except for last night took 25mgs of seroquel, 10 hours of sleep with a slight hangover.

ouaisOut
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Damn. You're doing great. Seroquel (was it the XR?) will def. give you a slight hangover in the morning, but I'd say that under the circumstances, Seroquel is your friend. Its not that hard to stop taking it, and 25mg is a small dose, so I'd recommend using it as needed with a clear conscience.

** Getting a good night's sleep really helps me A LOT when I'm on a taper. **

Good luck with the rest. You're doing great.

hydro chris
09-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Damn. You're doing great. Seroquel (was it the XR?) will def. give you a slight hangover in the morning, but I'd say that under the circumstances, Seroquel is your friend. Its not that hard to stop taking it, and 25mg is a small dose, so I'd recommend using it as needed with a clear conscience.

** Getting a good night's sleep really helps me A LOT when I'm on a taper. **

Good luck with the rest. You're doing great.
he has used seroquel in the past. it loses that bang in less than a week. it really helps.
the only thing is with a hangover and not feelin well in the morrnin- sucks.
yes their the 25mgs an not the xr's.
them pretty tolerant to benzos but they help ever so slightly.
i also was wondering about how coming off seroquel, and if it had any side effects?
but in my case if it keeps workin for me it will only be on it for around 10-20 days.
thanks

hydro chris
09-25-2010, 08:18 AM
00 as of today- 9/25/2010
ill never say im done with opiates, but today i can say iv ended about a 3yr hardcore run from, hydros - oxy/hydromophone- methadone- to fentanyl.
then back to methadone to taper with, under an easy 200mg/10mgs tabs.
this by far was the least painless.

brief- this was a 3year run, prior to this i had 3 1/2 yrs clean.
the last c/t was in 04' from 90mgs methadone.

at this point im tryin to feel what really hurts, and what the problems really are.
i have a large supply left and can not for the life of me -part with it.. which is all good i guess.

take it easy, i love this place..thanks, to everyone that post on this site..even if you dont catch my sarcasms.:p

Dolofinell
09-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Great job chris, You tapered off some strong shit, TRY and stay positve, reward yourself? if possible. Congrats bro

Dolo....

JTDuffet
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
COngrats there HydroC.. to you and your friends... i wasn't sure if you were tapering also, but I read a few times the posts and think i got it now.. sorry for not posting in this thread sooner.. you've been in mine and OLs so I had to return the favor and the support...

Congrats on getting to Zero.. now you really need to hang in there until you equalize to normal... I am also going to have one of these days coming up around the middle of october (3 weeks away).. so hang in there..

if you can smoke a lot of herb, do it.. take a Benedryl at nite to help you sleep.. for me, i find it helps the W/D symptoms a bit too.. i can't stand the way i feel in the mornings, and its always been like this for me.. but since taking 1 benedryl / nite i wake up and not feel so nasty... then a few hits of herb and i can sometimes fall asleep again...

good luck bro... and you can do it...

-jt

hydro chris
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Great job chris, You tapered off some strong shit, TRY and stay positve, reward yourself? if possible. Congrats bro

Dolo....
thanks man much appreciate
my tolly was so high, i was noddin hard at times, some days a sleep at 9 am break. the though of quitting has been haunten me. just wanted to be on low dosage. change my mind and went all out..

COngrats there HydroC.. to you and your friends... i wasn't sure if you were tapering also, but I read a few times the posts and think i got it now.. sorry for not posting in this thread sooner.. you've been in mine and OLs so I had to return the favor and the support...

Congrats on getting to Zero.. now you really need to hang in there until you equalize to normal... I am also going to have one of these days coming up around the middle of october (3 weeks away).. so hang in there..

if you can smoke a lot of herb, do it.. take a Benedryl at nite to help you sleep.. for me, i find it helps the W/D symptoms a bit too.. i can't stand the way i feel in the mornings, and its always been like this for me.. but since taking 1 benedryl / nite i wake up and not feel so nasty... then a few hits of herb and i can sometimes fall asleep again...

good luck bro... and you can do it...

-jt
thanks again jt for the support..
we all come off m/done differently ,from partly from another "whatever".
add in time+mgs.. chipping,using, to maintain to w/e. i find detoxing interesting.

so the last three days..
day1 is the hardest part( mental) for we. 2) alittle better 3) alittle better
sleep not well but, with serquile+kpins im gettin a 6 hr. smokin lots accept for first day
feelin the void but not really cravin (its a weid spot)
i never sneezing while on /never/... as soon a im off and i always have these sneezing attachs.
it been three day and i prolly can go back to work if i wanted..

i really hope yours is this easy JT realy do.... or whoever.
also he do believe in free passes , they just used one.

hydro chris
10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
also he do believe in free passes , they just used one.

^^this has really been bother me, i did not get any freebees at all!

its just that i believe i have executed this taper really well, compare to what i have put myself though in the past.
its really insane how i managed this.... probably, a one time deal off to easy street.
i cant imagine it to be this comfy ever ever again!

but i do believe, people are giving freebies. just not in the content above.
anyway..
iv made it 8 days so far and its damn sure aint easy. be-safe guys!

Duckfeet
10-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Only two drugs I've ever successfully tapered on: methadone and subutex...and on subutex I tapered o.k., but once I jumped to zero, was out chasing down heroin...on methadone I've slow tapered and stayed off, from years to months to days, before craving gets me back...

Every other drug, I've had no problem tapering until I changed my mind, hah hah...and there lies the problem...we always be trying, tho...I've figured out serious taper plans with everything from dialaudids to codeine, but once I got to lower doses taper no longer seemed like such a good idea...tough road, tho, and of course, hope springs eternal...

hydro chris
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
well like i said, subs would be my first chip, yesterday i took .5 mg at 6 am before work and what a boost. i felt great.. even had abit of trouble sleeping last night and still feel it today. as far as pain relief, i was pain free the whole day and night. mentaly i felt normal:confused: thats another story.
fuck!! can i handle being sober..

hydro chris
11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
man, since i last posted in still on subs. they just give me a nice smooth mood an shit.. and now iv got alittle chip on my sholders. IT fucking sucks