PDA

View Full Version : Kadian - how to prep?

HappinessIsaWarmGun
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
http://www.drugs.com/pdr/Kadian_Capsules.html

Kadian is a 24 hr. sustained release morphine. It comes in capsules, and within the capsules are tough little balls with morphine within.

Does anyone know how to prepare Kadian for injection? How to obtain the morphine from them?

I have found it very difficult. When crushed and mixed with water, there is a disgusting sludge that is horrible smelling, and quite insoluable. After drawing up through filter, the solution that ends up in my syringe is always very weak.

There are several morphine capsules that have little balls within them. M-eslon looks very similar to Kadian, however, it is very easy to cook them up and get maximum morphine from them.

So I'm hoping some of you know a prep technique totally specific to KADIAN that will result in a injectable liquid that contains the vast majority of morphine which is within each capsule.

I've had one person tell me to just let them sit in cold water for approx. 24 hrs. and then draw up the solution. But I didn't find that any better than my attempts to cook them with water and draw up the resultant liquid.

Hopefully someone here will know the magic trick to get these nasty capsules to release their magic. Thanks.

Opiyum
08-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I think it would be best to just eat them. Shooting them is only going to kill the 24 hr. property.

That's not what your asking though. If you look up the letters CWE in the search engine or just plain old "cold water extraction" then you should find a better method than just letting it soak overnight.
It involves using a freezer and a dress shirt for filtering. Its normally used for Vic's and such but it may translate to Kadian.
Im sure some others will have some advice for you who have more experience than me.

I only had Kadian a few times but the thing I found best a bout them was the duration of the high so once again I would say that the "magic" is in the pill itself and shouldnt be fucked with

Let us know how it goes though.

devilsdrug
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
search the search the search again and again

shaunclo
08-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Thank you Devil, there are way too many threads re: this subject already, more than needed, please use the search engine and you will find multiple ways to prep a shot.

HappinessIsaWarmGun
08-04-2006, 05:22 AM
I appreciate search ... however, I'm looking for specific technique for specific brand not some generic prep method or specific technique for some other pills/capsules.

That said, the CWE is possibly in the right direction... thanks ... yet CWE is totally inapplicable method for many pill or capsule concoctions...

thus, my wondering if anyone knows a tried and true method for Kadian capsules.

So far by searching this is the most helpful info I've found:

"... and with a bit of trial and error finally figured out how to shoot them. the little beads are the hardest little bastards to bust open - i had to use a mortar and pestol (spelling??) to finally crush them...cold cook, you add any heat to it and it's trash. you think oxy gells up bad, man you should see this. just keep mixing in spoon with unheated h2o and use a decent filter, if it doesn't run clear don't shoot and filter again-"

Opiyum - in regard to Kadian's 24hr. property, killing that property is precisely what I want to do. In other words, I don't want a sustained release of a bit of morphine constantly over 24 hours. What I want is to get the entire amount of morphine in one bang.

Although eating them does work very well - yes, as is, for the sustained release. Or, if every ball within the capsule is crushed open (such a tiny dust of powder within each) and then everything is swallowed, you do get the full impact about an hour later. But alas, of course, that buzz only lasts about six hours.