PDA

View Full Version : Ever have to show your doctor the remaining pills from your script?

gfiendn
07-26-2010, 02:18 AM
I go to a doctor and 2 months ago this doctor made me sign something that said they can ask to see the leftover pills from your medication. The appt is every 28 days and the scripts are for 30 so theoretically there should be 2 days worth of leftover meds for each month. I ended up calling ahead the last 2 months, making my appt later so it would be reasonable for me to have none left but they never bothered to check. This month I am just going back 28 days later and finishing the script early. (I told myself I would hand on to 2 days worth, but we all know how that works) I live in Florida so getting a new doctor is like finding cocaine in Bogota

I made this thread to see if anyone else had a doctor that said they would check or actually has checked.

Morfiend
07-26-2010, 02:22 AM
you don't gotta be a junky to fuck up two days worth... usually don't they say "take one to two as needed for pain" or something anyway?

Even the biggest douche doctor wouldn't fuck with you for that (I think?)

KingPhillip
07-26-2010, 02:38 AM
I am not a PM patient but people I know have had pill counts regularly and they also have regular drug tests. One guy I know has been in PM for about a year and he gets tested every appointment and has had about 4 pill counts.

JonnyM
07-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Pill counts are a common occurrence among pain management clinics.

LayinLow
07-26-2010, 06:55 AM
At my PM clinic, they have never done any pill counts. I too go in every 28 days, but am given 30 days worth of meds. I AM drug tested just about every other visit though, so about once every 2-3 months. My meds are constantly gone in ~2 weeks, but my buddy gets his meds one week before me, and he is on one of the same opiates as me, so I usually buy some off him and my drug tests come out fine even if only 1 of the opiates i'm prescribed is in my urine.

gfiendn
07-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Damn, I am surprised that places actually do. I am just going to go on the assumption that this place would have no customers if they did a pill check and only do them for the idiots who makes phone calls about how much they are selling in the fucking waiting room. Drug tests are a fairly common occurrence, but I am prepared with freezer piss.

I ended up putting myself in a situation where I may have to be in w/d and without adequate pain meds if I dont take all I have... dammit

reddragon3668
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
The wonderful world of pain management. I've only been to one place that did pill counts. Luckily I was on Kadian at the time (which I hate, btw) but I saved the capsules and I can't remember now what I put in them but that was the only thing that saved me. I've never been called for one out of the blue but I've heard of people who have. It's just one of those rules that suck but unfortunately come with the territory. Good luck!

upstate_007
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
My clinic regularly piss tests me. It is also in my contract that they can do a pill count at any time. So far they have not done a pill count.

jersey_emt
07-26-2010, 01:08 PM
If random pill counts make doctors more comfortable prescribing opioids to chronic pain patients, I have no issues with it. My doctor does random urine screens and pill counts, and I've never had any problems with them.

The simple truth is that the majority of chronic pain patients take their medications only as prescribed, so they have no problems passing pill counts, urine screens, or any other "CYA" procedures their doctors may have in place.

HandMeSomeOpiates
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Can't you buy 2 days worth off the street?

gfiendn
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I am trying to do that. I just have to make sure they are A215's. With a little luck I will be fine

HydroApe
07-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Every PM appointment involves a pill count.
Never been called out of the blue for one though . . . .Thank God!
30% of appointments involve a UA.

doctor diesel
07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
As far as I am aware, none of this nonsense exists in the UK. It would frankly be considered insulting if doctors were to ask their poor suffering patients to bring in their remaining meds to be counted. Paranoia is extreme across The Pond.

My doctor writes me a repeat script for my subs once every two weeks when I prompt him, he never sees me or even talks to me, and he lets me do what the hell I want. After all, it was ME who went to HIM with an addiction problem and asked HIM to HELP me by prescribing a detox med. Why should he then treat me as if I'm either a criminal or a naughty schoolboy?

Madness.

Doc

poppy
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Doc, so you get your subs from your GP, without having a drug worker?? My GP prescribes my methadone but I still have to see a drugworker from the Clinic, who is alright really, unfortunately she's off sick (AGAIN, she's always going off sick or on annual leave) which leaves me seeing yet another total stranger and explaining my life history again, all for the sake of a poxy 20ml of methadone.

jimmyfingers
07-29-2010, 03:00 PM
The last place I was at was sort of a "pill Mill"
they tested you your 1st visit. If you had any pot, drugs, or scripts in the urine that you did not have a script for they would not let you in. No drug tests after that.
Basically just went up to the window, paid my money to the Nurse and she handed me my scripts. This place got busted recently though. I had to pick up my med records at the sheriffs office.

I have signed a bunch of PM contracts and they all have said drug tests, random pill counts.
You need to make sure you have a copy of that contract you signed and follow it to a T.

I have seen way too many people kicked out for doing stupid shit

Restharrow
07-29-2010, 04:15 PM
As far as I am aware, none of this nonsense exists in the UK. It would frankly be considered insulting if doctors were to ask their poor suffering patients to bring in their remaining meds to be counted. Paranoia is extreme across The Pond.

My doctor writes me a repeat script for my subs once every two weeks when I prompt him, he never sees me or even talks to me, and he lets me do what the hell I want. After all, it was ME who went to HIM with an addiction problem and asked HIM to HELP me by prescribing a detox med. Why should he then treat me as if I'm either a criminal or a naughty schoolboy?

Madness.
Doc

Our doctors are terrified of gov. regulations that could cause them to lose a $300,000 plus career.

EDIT: and we do not have a kind old queen to appeal to.