PDA

View Full Version : snorting vs oral

motox7
07-21-2010, 12:47 AM
pro's con's? lets hear what yall think

Bartholomew
07-21-2010, 01:04 AM
when i was younger, i always snorted my OC. However, if you do some research you'll find out that the bioavailability is much higher orally (almost double i believe?).

while snorting them may provide a better 'rush' for a short while, eating them will get more of the drug into your system and IMO will last longer. If you want a happy medium, i'd try parachuting them. It will give you the higher BA from oral administration, and will hit you faster than if you were to just eat the pill (comparable to snorting).

hope this helps.

motox7
07-21-2010, 01:06 AM
yeah i just am a lil worried about it getting into my lungs but i heard this was a myth :rolleyes:

Lourdes
07-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Swallowing the pill will definitely make the high more intense and last longer.. But if I'm not gonna boot them then I'm gonna be sniffing them. It's just more enjoyable. If I have, say 6.. I'll snort 4 and drop 2... That is if I'm not IVing all 6 :D Did I mention I like to IV...?

RxQueen
07-21-2010, 01:55 AM
yeah i just am a lil worried about it getting into my lungs but i heard this was a myth :rolleyes:

do you have any idea how HARD you'd hafta snort that shit up for it to get to your lungs, dude?! not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

snort 'em if you wanna, but eating them will get more into your system. personally, i just chew mine up.

Mulch
07-21-2010, 12:44 PM
do you have any idea how HARD you'd hafta snort that shit up for it to get to your lungs, dude?! not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

snort 'em if you wanna, but eating them will get more into your system. personally, i just chew mine up.

Agreed! I think the only thing you should worry about snorting is Oxycontins (OC's) b/c of all the talc (insoluble filler), and you still have to snort it "Dyson Vacuum" style to get it into your lungs I'd imagine.

Swim would have to disagree with most of the post about preferred methods of ROA...Swim has always felt that tooting the meds worked better, but swim really thinks it comes down to personal preferences.

One thing swim is sure oral and tooters alike can agree on is that intranasally the medication has a MUCH faster onset, so if your hurtin and don't feel like waiting 20-30 min. then go for it! Other than that use as directed, those are "oldfactory" nerves up in the shonz anyways!

pullmyhair
07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
'oldfactory'.....lol

FiendMan
07-21-2010, 01:33 PM
eating OCs is MUCH more effective in treating pain IMO. i usually eat almost all of my dose, coating off & chewed to paste. sometimes, i will toot a little to get some relief faster while waiting for my oral dose to kick in. but like i said, IMO oral provides much better pain relief and a high with better legs. i think people just prefer tooting them b/c it is so against the intended ROA so they are under the impression that tooting gets them more fucked up. different strokes ya know

betmylife
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I have always snorted mine, I just like it better....I ate 6 of em the other day and didnt feel em really, if I snort six I am faded....I dunno, I know what the science says, but personally I like to snort em...I have IV, it wears off in like 5 min..shitty.

nick
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
They're both crap.

Mulch
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
'oldfactory'.....lol

Yea I probably totally spelled it wrong, it's something along those lines yes?

Synku
07-21-2010, 04:51 PM
If you are talking about any oxycodone or anything that isn't OC just chew em or parachute em. The Tylenol makes snorting Vic or perc almost useless.. As for OC chewing em up makes the legs last longer and actually in theory gets you more high. Remember to do it on a light stomach though. If you are popping codeine with Tylenol just parachute them with grapefruit juice. This is important because it almost doubles the potent of the codeine due to a liver enzyme GFJ inhibits.

But all in all, I've come to decide that snorting OC works the best. You get the rush of the snort, the almost instant onset of the high (which technically is faster than IVing due to the blood vessels being so close to your brain, and plus I personally think that a lot of the OC that you snort that doesn't go straight to your brain ends up dripping into your stomach.. This is basically like chewing part of the pill. So you can get the best of both worlds which sniffin.

And whoever thought you could pull a wormhole and suck pills into your lungs? ... I think swallowing the pill would provide a larger chance of getting it in your lungs than sniffin it. You good boi! Just use some nasal spray after you're done!

JonnyM
07-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Its simple, snorting them will make you feel them quite a bit faster BUT it will be less effective then just eating them by 10-15%.

pullmyhair
07-21-2010, 06:00 PM
It's 'olfactoty' i.e. 'your olfactory system', or 'olfaction' which is basically your sense of smell.

And insufflating drugs (any type) is not in any way a faster or better rush than IVing, Seriously, its no contest. They only people who say that have never IVed. I am not in any way trying to encourage people to IV, its a dirty, dangerous road to travel, but it definately gets you to where you were headed much faster, regardless if that's where you meant to arrive.

shoybs
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
If you like to sniff, sniff! If not, don't.

What I like to do to get the best of both worlds is to sniff, but sniff hard, so I get a lot of big drips. That way I get the faster onset from doing it intranasally and some of it absorbs better by dripping down my throat.

skroomadoom
07-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Personally I like to sniff -- eating them just doesn't kick in quick enough. Snorting kicks in fast enough that you can get a decent "kick" out of the dose even though it doesn't last as long. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but my personally favorite way is to snort ~60mg then smoke the last 20mg for a bit of a rush.

Hydrophoria
07-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I like the high of oral oxycodone much, MUCH more than the insuffulated high, but I prefer the act of insuffulation far over popping them. So, for me to be happy, I blow half of my dose and then eat the other half. That way I get the better bioavailibility and high from oral consumption, and get my mental fix on snorting dealt with all at once.

If I had to pick one though..... Well that would be really hard!:p I love snorting OC, but popping it is so much more efficient..... I'm gonna have to go with effiency and say oral, because snorting is honestly somewhat of a waste... And don't EVEN get me started on the tools who "smoke" oxy.:angry2:
That's the trend in my town. And they wonder why the need upwards of 400mg a day to stay well.... Morons.

OCD
07-22-2010, 07:36 AM
I enjoy snorting them, but I do get a longer and better high when I eat them. I still snort them though because if you think about it you're still "eating" a lot of the OC because of the drip. It runs down the back of your throat and you still end up swallowing a lot of the OC when you snort them.

Mulch
07-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I enjoy snorting them, but I do get a longer and better high when I eat them. I still snort them though because if you think about it you're still "eating" a lot of the OC because of the drip. It runs down the back of your throat and you still end up swallowing a lot of the OC when you snort them.

My thoughts exactly! As you take care of your nose, it's all going to end up in your stomach anyways more than likely!

struggler
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
The first few times I ever did an oxycontin pill I cut it in quarters and crushed one and dumped it in my mouth. I did that a few times and it was ok.. A friend told me to snort it rather than swallow it.. I made sure it was super fine powder and snorted it.. It kicked in so fast and SO MUCH STRONGER.. I started puking and was high as hell.. I never puked before from pain pills.. I took it orally several times before this and never puked (20mg). This was when I first started taking opiates, I was very sensitive to them. Snorting was so much stonger IMO, I guess its different for people. I see so many people say it's better to eat them, but not only does it kick in so much faster but it is much stronger and lasts just as long when I snort them. IMO there is no comparison. Back then the pills actually burned when I snorted them and I'd get large scabs in my sinus' from them (I dont feel a burn anymore when I snort them now, I think all I have is scar tissue in my sinus' now). Did I mention that snorting them fucks me up much more than eating the same mg? Lol.. Banging is the best though, super duper fast and it lasts just as long as any other method I've tried. I've never smoked an oxy and never will.. I will never understand why someone would waste a pill like that. OK I'm done rambling..

Strug

mikey5string
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
if theyre 30's ill blow them whole (not crushed). if theyre 80's i scrape the coating off and set them on the desk and then SLAM my head on them. i usually get about 80% of the pill like this. the rest i scrape onto the floor for my cat.

hovadagod
07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Its simple, snorting them will make you feel them quite a bit faster BUT it will be less effective then just eating them by 10-15%.

I don't really understand how snorting has a lower BA than Oral. I've heard this about several drugs. But assuming you don't blow your nose, doesn't the drip end up in your belly? Is Oxy lost any other way than nose drainage? Does it get lost in your sinuses or some shit?

NJPhile
07-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Snorting if its OC but just chew em up if they are percs or something. Btw pretty sure you could have found a very similar thread to this you used the search engine.

reddragon3668
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I swallow them. Waste not has always been my moto.

callinrx
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
if theyre 30's ill blow them whole (not crushed). if theyre 80's i scrape the coating off and set them on the desk and then SLAM my head on them. i usually get about 80% of the pill like this. the rest i scrape onto the floor for my cat.

haha = thats some funny shit there.

Synku
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Miley has a high ass fucking lucky cat loll

youwonhundred
07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
'oldfactory'.....lol

As I recall that was part of a mnemonic device my dad used it med school.... If i could remember 1/10th of the shit ive forgotten... I'd have forgotten a little less.

</pointless post>

To peeps I know, HAI! To those I don't, hai anyways

RxQueen
07-23-2010, 12:46 AM
If you are talking about any oxycodone or anything that isn't OC just chew em or parachute em. The Tylenol makes snorting Vic or perc almost useless.. As for OC chewing em up makes the legs last longer and actually in theory gets you more high. Remember to do it on a light stomach though. If you are popping codeine with Tylenol just parachute them with grapefruit juice. This is important because it almost doubles the potent of the codeine due to a liver enzyme GFJ inhibits.

But all in all, I've come to decide that snorting OC works the best. You get the rush of the snort, the almost instant onset of the high (which technically is faster than IVing due to the blood vessels being so close to your brain, and plus I personally think that a lot of the OC that you snort that doesn't go straight to your brain ends up dripping into your stomach.. This is basically like chewing part of the pill. So you can get the best of both worlds which sniffin.

And whoever thought you could pull a wormhole and suck pills into your lungs? ... I think swallowing the pill would provide a larger chance of getting it in your lungs than sniffin it. You good boi! Just use some nasal spray after you're done!

this is totally not true. dude, i can't in good conscience leave info this bad unrefuted on this board. that is NOT at all how snorting works. the goods don't go from the capillaries in your nose directly to your brain!

when you snort anything, it gets absorbed by the tiny blood capillaries in your mucous membranes, then circulated through your bloodstream. that means it goes from where your blood picked it up (whether it's your nose or your mouth or your ass or wherever else), back to your heart, then to the lungs to pick up a fresh load of oxygen, then back to your heart, to then be circulated out to the rest of your body, including your brain. this is how all blood flow goes, no matter what.

so when IVing, the entire load goes the same way as above (starting instead from the injection site)... it's just that it all goes at once, rather than in smaller amounts over a period of time, as it does when absorbed by capillary action. so snorting is in no way faster acting than IVing, and the proximity to the brain has absolutely no bearing on anything at all.

however, you are partially correct in saying that whatever you snort that doesn't get absorbed by your capillaries (NOT whatever doesn't go directly to your brain) DOES get swallowed with the drip, allowing for some to be digested as if you ate the pill.

also, chewing an OC doesn't make the high longer... it shortens it. by chewing it, you partially break some of the time-release mechanism.... meaning that the high will be shorter than if you took the pill whole, and let it release the meds slowly over hours. it does increase the high though, since more of the active ingredient gets into your system faster.

ps... i hope you don't think i'm fuckin with ya, or calling you out somehow.... no offense intended toward you at all here. i just can't stand to see misinformation about how drugs work in our systems spread on opiophile!

oh, and HAI to you too U100.... long time, no read! come around more often dude!

Synku
07-23-2010, 08:02 AM
this is totally not true. dude, i can't in good conscience leave info this bad unrefuted on this board. that is NOT at all how snorting works. the goods don't go from the capillaries in your nose directly to your brain!

when you snort anything, it gets absorbed by the tiny blood capillaries in your mucous membranes, then circulated through your bloodstream. that means it goes from where your blood picked it up (whether it's your nose or your mouth or your ass or wherever else), back to your heart, then to the lungs to pick up a fresh load of oxygen, then back to your heart, to then be circulated out to the rest of your body, including your brain. this is how all blood flow goes, no matter what.

so when IVing, the entire load goes the same way as above (starting instead from the injection site)... it's just that it all goes at once, rather than in smaller amounts over a period of time, as it does when absorbed by capillary action. so snorting is in no way faster acting than IVing, and the proximity to the brain has absolutely no bearing on anything at all.

however, you are partially correct in saying that whatever you snort that doesn't get absorbed by your capillaries (NOT whatever doesn't go directly to your brain) DOES get swallowed with the drip, allowing for some to be digested as if you ate the pill.

also, chewing an OC doesn't make the high longer... it shortens it. by chewing it, you partially break some of the time-release mechanism.... meaning that the high will be shorter than if you took the pill whole, and let it release the meds slowly over hours. it does increase the high though, since more of the active ingredient gets into your system faster.

ps... i hope you don't think i'm fuckin with ya, or calling you out somehow.... no offense intended toward you at all here. i just can't stand to see misinformation about how drugs work in our systems spread on opiophile!

oh, and HAI to you too U100.... long time, no read! come around more often dude!

No offense taken, I honestly didn't know that either considering that I had just read that insuffilating thing a few days ago on here in the H thread. It sounded weird but I figured it was true, guess not. And oh by the way, when I said chewing em make it last longer, I totally just meant eating them. I used the word chewing instead of eating an just realized after your post that in my one case that word doesn't work.. I meant eating them compare to snorting them will make it last longer XD I wasn't trying to compare eating the whole pill as compared to chewing up the pill.

Blah, I really should learn to not post on here usin my iPod.. Messes up the way I type out my sentences lol..

gfiendn
07-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I havent swallowed in a very long time. The one time I did was with generic OC footballs that would gunk up my nose. I parachuted them and I found I got less high, but it lasted longer. I have to second the question on just how nasal oxy gets lost to anything other than nasal drainage...:confused:

the good doctor
07-24-2010, 02:49 AM
If you are talking about any oxycodone or anything that isn't OC just chew em or parachute em. The Tylenol makes snorting Vic or perc almost useless.. As for OC chewing em up makes the legs last longer and actually in theory gets you more high. Remember to do it on a light stomach though. If you are popping codeine with Tylenol just parachute them with grapefruit juice. This is important because it almost doubles the potent of the codeine due to a liver enzyme GFJ inhibits.!

This is completely incorrect in re: codeine and CYP450 IIDVI inhibition. If you take codeine with white grapefruit juice, which contains within it inhibiting substrates of the IIDVI enzyme, almost none of the codeine is metabolized in to morphine, which is responsible for all of it's therapeutic effects. Codeine is a prodrug for morphine: to get higher on codeine, an enzyme inducer, not inhibitor, is needed. Promethazine is the most famous IIDVI inducer: it doubles the amount of codeine converted in to morphine. Glutethimide triples it. Some other phenothiazine antipsychotics that induce their own metabolism with prolonged administration and some barbiturates will also potentiate codeine, but are not advisable, both due to added CNS depression and low therapeutic index (phenothiazines and barbiturates, barbiturates respectively) and due to the insane amount of side-effects engendered by phenothiazine drugs, in addition to the need to take them daily for an extended period of time for the induction to be noted. Some other enzyme inducers are out there - widely available are carbamazepine, oxcarbazepine, and phenytoin - but they induce the wrong CYP450 isozyme(s) - namely IIIAIV.

Contrary to popular belief, enzyme inhibition de-potentiates most opioids; it makes the high slightly longer-lasting but substantially less intense. Enzyme inhibition works for, example, some benzodiazepines (notably triazole analogues and nitroBZDs, that rely on oxidative and nitroreductive metabolism): the drug is active and requires no metabolism to remain active, but is excreted only after being transformed through a certain enzymatic pathway. To inhibit this enzymatic pathway decreases the liver's ability to biotransform the drug in to a more water-soluble, excretable form, thus increasing both plasma concentrations of the drug (area under curve) and maximum plasma concentration (cmax), increasing both the intensity and duration of the effects. Some drugs, namely ones that are metabolised through non-oxidative pathways, bypassing the CYP450 isozymes completely, such as glucoronidation metabolism, can not be potentiated in the true sense of the word, only synergised with, such as anti-histamines taken with opioid ("analgesic-sparing effect"), so on and so forth, due to additive effect, albeit under all circumstances the pharmacokinetic profile remains the same (same auc, cmax).

Bottom line rule of thumb: if a parent drug has more-active metabolites - if it acts as a prodrug - an enzyme inducer - of the proper isozyme - will increase the effects of the drug. If it has no active metabolites, it will decrease the effects of the drug. These lines are simple with drugs such as codeine and chlordiazepoxide, which are completely devoid of activity until metabolised - pure prodrugs. These lines become more muddled when one takes a drug that is both active in native form, and has an active or more-active metabolite, such as oxycodone, of which a portion is biotransformed in to oxymorphone. In such situations, one is trading, as mentioned, the intensity of the high for the duration of the high or vice-verse depending on inhibition v. induction, although the area under curve remains the same for the sum total of the drug and its metabolites, the ratios of the drug and its metabolites change, along with the maximum plasma concentrations of each, lending a different pharmacokinetic profile to the drug when administered in the presence of an inducing or inhibiting substrate for the same cytochrome P450 isozyme or isozymes which are responsible for metabolising the parent compound.

jersey_emt
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
If you are popping codeine with Tylenol just parachute them with grapefruit juice. This is important because it almost doubles the potent of the codeine due to a liver enzyme GFJ inhibits.

You don't want to drink grapefruit juice with codeine, because the liver enzyme it inhibits is the one that metabolizes the codeine into morphine. Same deal with hydrocodone or oxycodone -- GFJ will prevent metabolization into hydromorphone or oxymorphone, respectively.

Synku
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
What the hell, I've read all over the place that GFJ increases the amount of codeine in your system that gets converted into morphine.. They said something like instead of around 6-8% of it being converted it can raise up to around 12-15%. Isn't that why people who eat pods drink it with GFJ every time they do it? They all agree it is a potenator.. and maybe I've just read the wrong literature but they all seemed to agree on that fact and said it was all due to an increase in the potency of the codeine..

I'm not trying to argue, just understand this friggin mess..

sweetpain
07-24-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder who came up with the idea to snort a pill anyway?
Sorry guys but things like that really make me curious.

My favorite day of the month is the day I pick my pills up from the pharmacy. I eat some and snort some. I love that "drip" in the back of my throat that kicks in right around the time you're pickin up a buzz. But, outside of that day, I chew em up. They kick in quicker than swallowing them whole and I do believe they last longer.

sofitel
07-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Never done it but I have heard that an OC crushed and dissolved in warm water, then squirted up the ass (plugged) gives one hell of a quick, intense, and long lasting high. I think the bioavailability is higher than oral too but I could be wrong on that.

gfiendn
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
"Oxycodone-oral 60-87% intranasal- 55-70%"

I pulled that off of a bio-availability chart on bluelight. I am not entirely sure what accounts for the ranges rather than a single number but I guess my body is on the high end of intranasal absorption and on the low end of oral absorption (if thats possible). I swear I feel more off of snorted than oral oxy. I have a feeling that it could be the case with others as well.

Indy
07-24-2010, 05:27 PM
You don't want to drink grapefruit juice with codeine, because the liver enzyme it inhibits is the one that metabolizes the codeine into morphine. Same deal with hydrocodone or oxycodone -- GFJ will prevent metabolization into hydromorphone or oxymorphone, respectively.

Actually the liver pathway that metabolizes codeine into morphine is different from the one that metabolizes most opiates into inactive metabolites. So GFJ should potentiate codeine ever so slightly, but it's kind of murky: most papers on the subject show very little results either way.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa041888

That article itself is kind of irrelevant, but I posted it as a source that codeine is turned into morphine via CYP2D6. As you may or not be aware, that's different from the enzyme pathway that grapefruit juice inhibits, which is CYP3A4. (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa041888)

FiendMan
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
i think the bottom line is that everybody's body and high is their own and unique. therefore, certain methods will get some people off more than others. if you can't make up your mind, you can always eat half and snort half.

Woody Bear
07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
This is completely incorrect in re: codeine and CYP450 IIDVI inhibition. If you take codeine with white grapefruit juice, which contains within it inhibiting substrates of the IIDVI enzyme, almost none of the codeine is metabolized in to morphine, which is responsible for all of it's therapeutic effects
Actually that's not the case, as grapefruit juice doesn't contain CYP2D6 inhibitors, but rather an CYP3A4 inhibitor.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapefruit_juice) says, "Grapefruit juice, and grapefruit in general, is a potent inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 enzyme". Which means that if you take drink grapefruit juice and take codeine, that less of the codeine will get converted into norcodeine, so there will be more of it available to be converted into morphine.

Here's a picture of codeine's metabolic pathways, i.e. what your body changes codeine into:
http://forum.opiophile.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5207&stc=1&d=1280016942

Enzyme pathway CYP3A4 changes codeine into norcodeine.
Enzyme pathway CYP2D6 changes codeine into morphine.
So grapefruit juice does increase the potency of codeine indirectly, by preventing codeine from getting broken down into norcodeine which has poor opioid activity, which leaves more available codeine to be converted into morphine and codeine-6-glucuronide.

Also morphine isn't the only active metabolite of codeine, codeine-6-glucuronide is also responsible for quite a lot of it's activity, which I first heard from the pain team doctor when I was in hospital. I also read that in an article but I'm afraid I can't remember the link. However it said that for people taking codeine, when given drugs that either inhibit glucuronidation or else other drugs that inhibit the enzyme pathway CYP2D6, the patients got reduced effects from the codeine, but they still got some painrelief from it.

So codeine's painkilling effects is more than just from being converted into morphine. As in fact morphine-6-glucuronide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine-6-glucuronide) is responsible for much of morphine's pain killing effects, so it seems reasonable to assume the same for codeine-6-glucuronide.

FiendMan
07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
What the hell, I've read all over the place that GFJ increases the amount of codeine in your system that gets converted into morphine.. They said something like instead of around 6-8% of it being converted it can raise up to around 12-15%. Isn't that why people who eat pods drink it with GFJ every time they do it? They all agree it is a potenator.. and maybe I've just read the wrong literature but they all seemed to agree on that fact and said it was all due to an increase in the potency of the codeine..

I'm not trying to argue, just understand this friggin mess..

i think that the information you are referring to pertains to morphine and its derivatives. is this correct?anybody weigh in on this for me b/c now i'm curious???

Indy
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Nah, Synku is correct, me and Woody bear explained why and we both posted sources.

jersey_emt
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Actually the liver pathway that metabolizes codeine into morphine is different from the one that metabolizes most opiates into inactive metabolites. So GFJ should potentiate codeine ever so slightly, but it's kind of murky: most papers on the subject show very little results either way.

That article itself is kind of irrelevant, but I posted it as a source that codeine is turned into morphine via CYP2D6. As you may or not be aware, that's different from the enzyme pathway that grapefruit juice inhibits, which is CYP3A4. (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa041888)

Yeah, I had a brain fart and was thinking that GFJ inhibited CYP2D6 and cimetidine inhibited CYP3A4, but it's the opposite. Taking Tagamet with codeine will prevent it from metabolizing into morphine, not grapefruit juice.

the good doctor
07-24-2010, 11:29 PM

That article itself is kind of irrelevant, but I posted it as a source that codeine is turned into morphine via CYP2D6. As you may or not be aware, that's different from the enzyme pathway that grapefruit juice inhibits, which is CYP3A4.

..LOL, I posted all about "substrates for the proper isozyme" while ignoring the isozyme the active constituents in WGFJ inhibit. Codeine metabolism is not affected by III A IV metabolism.

I stand corrected.

However, the other information in my post, regarding induction and inhibition, and some sample substrates that will increase the amount of methylmorphine converted in to morphine in vivo such as promethazine (and some other phenothiazines after prolonged administration, through a phenomenon called "self-induction") and glutethimide, is correct. I double-checked; they are inducers of II D VI. Phenobarb is mainly an inducer of III A IV; I need to remember to keep my isozymes straight, or I'll be giving less than useless information (note: this is why I am not a medical doctor).

Synku
07-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey thanks Indy and Woody for the info and sources, I knew I wasn't going nuts.. Glad we could all clear it up in the end. :)

As for jersey and good doc, I'll accept any and all appologies now for the slightly rude and attacking posts.. Correcting people is one thing, but trying to have good hospitality and respect for others helps a lot around here.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go make tea with some GFJ! :)

Hydrophoria
07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I wonder who came up with the idea to snort a pill anyway?
Sorry guys but things like that really make me curious.

My favorite day of the month is the day I pick my pills up from the pharmacy.

Lol I know what you mean sweetpain I've always wondered about things like that too! Like "Who the fuck thought of scoring this pod in the first place AND thought of smoking whatever came out?" Or who was the first person to discover that bud was psychedelic? You know? Who thought to pull a bud off of a marijuana plant, dry it out, and then smoke it? It just seems like a lot of trial and error to me. And I just always thought it was kind of funny/a little bit confusing even about how things came to be discovered. And secondly I think everyone enjoys pick up day! :p

jersey_emt
07-26-2010, 01:00 PM
As for jersey and good doc, I'll accept any and all appologies now for the slightly rude and attacking posts.. Correcting people is one thing, but trying to have good hospitality and respect for others helps a lot around here.

I don't see anything in either of our posts that could be construed as being even the slightest bit rude or attacking.