PDA

View Full Version : The bupe "glow" not so elusive?

toker253
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Over the past year I've been on subs with frequent chipping. I've read a lot about different peoples experience with subs and the lack of glow after a certain time or certain dosage. I'm currently on 2 mg. At this dose it doesn't last the full 24 hours without mild w/d. But when I take the sub I definitely get that nice opiate glow. When I take more I get no w/d but the glow's gone after a few days. Have any of you guys had similar experience?

JonnyM
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
As you will find in this forum, its a well known fact that less is more.

The higher the dose the more naloxone you get and that will completely block any euphoria.

Yep.

struggler
07-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Over the past year I've been on subs with frequent chipping. I've read a lot about different peoples experience with subs and the lack of glow after a certain time or certain dosage. I'm currently on 2 mg. At this dose it doesn't last the full 24 hours without mild w/d. But when I take the sub I definitely get that nice opiate glow. When I take more I get no w/d but the glow's gone after a few days. Have any of you guys had similar experience?

A "glow" from subs, huh? LMFAO.. I don't nor will I ever understand that statement. I hate the side effects of bupe and I have never gotten a buzz or a "glow" from it. More like a whole buncha "INSOMNIA".. And a bunch of "WASTED MONEY" from doing pills too soon after a dose and not feeling it. I was on a bupe program for 6mos and all it did was keep W/Ds at bay along with numerous undesirable side effects. It works for some people, but I'd rather use LOPE and BENZOS to keep W/Ds at bay. This method is much cheaper and ya can still get high without having to wait a day or two after the last bupe dose. I've come to despise it. It's a fucking rip off anyway, it's insane what dr's are charging for a monthly visit here. Anywhere from $200-$500/mo. and insurance WILL NOT cover the dr. visit 99% of the time, only the meds. And if ya don't have insurance it's definitely not cost effective vs. a habit. I've just grown disgusted with this shit. LOPE and BENZOS and taper off them to be TOTALLY CLEAN and UNDEPENDENT on a drug to substitute another drug. Sorry bout the rant.. but after reading about a bupe "glow" (LMFAO again), I couldn't hold it in.

Strugg

polemicist
07-06-2010, 12:05 AM
If you have taken full agonist opiates, then Buprenorphone just isn't going to cut it as a maintenance drug. At least that's what I found. I wish I had never gone on it, it was a mistake for me. Maybe others have had success with it.

maycausedrowsiness
07-06-2010, 12:08 AM
everybody always talks about the sub "glow", and I think it's definition is somewhat confusing

I mentioned this principle in another thread, but here's how I see it:

At this point in the game for me, every morning is pretty much woken up to in mild WD, getting worse over the day. This of course, can be not true if certain circumstances exist.. one being that i dosed a shitload the night before or did something very late at night (early morning) , and there's still leftover in my system.

But basically, by the time I take my next dose, whatever it may be... subs or oxycodone or heroin, I am in mild to moderate WD at the time. I chose this lifestyle that is comprised of highs and lows, but basically whenever i take my next dose, i'm jonesing and my WD's are starting to creep up on me..

Bupe (rather efficiently) eliminates my withdrawals. 15 minutes after snorting my sub, never more than 2mg every 24 hours, I feel pain free. (Pain, in this sense, are WD's) If you consider "pleasure" or in this case, a "glow" to be the absence of pain (which by many standards, is true. Pain=absence of pleasure; pleasure= the absence of pain), then YES bupe causes me pleasure or a "glow", simply due to the fact that it is an opiate that is alleviating my craving and related withdrawal related pain. When I take subs, I feel better. In my opinion, that is a glow. I'm taking an opiate to relieve my withdrawal, so I consider that to be a glow, by these standards.

At the end of the day, I get the same relief from 2mg sub as I do from 40mg oxycodone... Neither of them really get me THAT high, but due to their nature of easing my withdrawals and satisfying my cravings, I consider this to be a glow/high/euphoria, etc. While sub is certainly not as euphoric as oxycodone, at the end of the day, both provide me with the same amount of relief.

Call it what you want; a glow, a high, euphoria, relief... if it makes me feel better it has a glow. Pleasure is the absence of pain, and pain is the absence of pleasure. Anyone feel me on this?

If you have taken full agonist opiates, then Buprenorphone just isn't going to cut it as a maintenance drug. At least that's what I found. I wish I had never gone on it, it was a mistake for me. Maybe others have had success with it.

I dont agree with this.... I've taken nothing but full agonist opiates for the better part of 4-5 years, and 2mg bupe is a perfect maintence drug for me. It alleviates all of my WD, gives me the energy to get off my yawning ass and do something with myself, lifts my mood, and generally makes me forget about doing opiates for that day, knowing that they would essentially be wasted due to the affinity of bupe.

If that's not considered * maintenance *, I dont know what is. Do you expect * maintenance * drugs to get you high? I don't. Just MO.

Thanat0s
07-06-2010, 02:10 AM
A "glow" from subs, huh? LMFAO.. I don't nor will I ever understand that statement. I hate the side effects of bupe and I have never gotten a buzz or a "glow" from it.

...BLAHBLAHBLAH...

Strugg

you should learn how to take your bupe,
and the subjective 'glow' is widely reported by users who adhere to the 'less is more' mantra...

what dosing regimen?

"LMAO" at yer lack of knowledge...
ACTUALLY,
the OP is right on the money, str-uHg(?)
!!

(leave the LYAO to the more 'seasoned' users...)
:rolleyes:

kill
07-06-2010, 07:18 AM
yea 90% of the peepz here say less is more...

i think i'm one of the 10% that says more is more...but only with subutex..i don't think the same holds true for suboxone...just because of the naloxone...they say it does shit but thats bullshit..i know some of it gets into your body and i know for a fact that it blocks some of the feeling of the bupe...and most of hte feeling it blocks is the euphoria type feelings, or the "glow" you get from bupe...

but yea everyone here says less is more..blah blah blah...we've known this for years...

did we just have a new user opening or something? this is like the 5th copy cat thread i've seen created in the past 2 weeks..lol

jimmyfingers
07-06-2010, 11:01 AM
yea 90% of the peepz here say less is more...

i think i'm one of the 10% that says more is more...but only with subutex..i don't think the same holds true for suboxone...just because of the naloxone...they say it does shit but thats bullshit..i know some of it gets into your body and i know for a fact that it blocks some of the feeling of the bupe...and most of hte feeling it blocks is the euphoria type feelings, or the "glow" you get from bupe...

but yea everyone here says less is more..blah blah blah...we've known this for years...

did we just have a new user opening or something? this is like the 5th copy cat thread i've seen created in the past 2 weeks..lol

90 percent of my time on bupe, I was on Subutex. I still have some suboxone left from my first doctor that are over 3 years old. I remember taking the suboxone after months of subutex, and felt a significant difference from the suboxone.

I have to agree with you that suboxone and subutex are different and should not be considered the same. Yes, their are still some similarities, but the nalaxone cannot be discounted.

degausser
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Bupre has worked for me and I most certainly came from a full-agonist addiction.

Like all things, it just depends on the individual. Sucks to hear that it didn't work so well for you though.

Tautou
07-06-2010, 11:56 AM

while I wish I had never started as well, youre cut and dry logic here is a really bad fallacy and I am embarrassed for you

dtklamf
07-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I definitely experience the same, I don't get the euphoria thing but it absolutely lifts my mood, let's say it gets me trough the day and it keeps me stable and positive. I'm on temgesic which sucks because it's in 0,2 so i have to put 10 of them under my tongue.

jimmyfingers
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM

This is an asshat statement. You obviously are clueless.

kill
07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
so i guess i didn't notice the books were open again and the flood of newbs is coming to slaughter us...

i've been waiting cuz i got a few friends that wanna sign up here from my area...they enjoy reading the site now after seeing it up on my comp hahaha...oh well there's always next time..

but yea comments like that are a good way to make friends ;) "i'm a know it all mother fucker and this is how it is cuz this is how it was for me period...end of discussion bitch..."...lol that mindset always works wonders when your new ;) ya gotta post a little before ya say stuff like that and people let you get away with it..roflmao

can one of the mods change the topic of this thread to "The Bupe Newbs? Not so Elusive After Open Registration?"

roflmao ;)

struggler
07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
you should learn how to take your bupe,
and the subjective 'glow' is widely reported by users who adhere to the 'less is more' mantra...

what dosing regimen?

"LMAO" at yer lack of knowledge...
ACTUALLY,
the OP is right on the money, str-uHg(?)
!!

(leave the LYAO to the more 'seasoned' users...)
:rolleyes:

Yeah I've read many of your posts.. and uhh.. The posts speak for themselves.. I use whatever acronym I please.. LMFAO all day long.. BUPE SUCKS.. Less is more because it sucks and the less you take the more sense it makes because it's total crap. It blocks real opiates and leaves me with insomnia, side effects that suck and NO GLOW... It's (bupe) a joke.. I have PLENTY of knowledge of opiates and most every drug.. Don't test me dude.. Cause you have no idea what experiences I've had and the knowledge I have.. You wanna judge me?? You wanna be a judgemental little bitch.. go ahead then and make an ass of your self.. Judge me all you want.. Whatever makes YOU feel better about yourself.. Sad.. so sad..

Strugg

Thanat0s
07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah I've read many of your posts.. and uhh.. The posts speak for themselves..

THX!!!
i agree,
and sorry to say your posts speak for you quite accurately as well...

(A)You wanna judge me??
(B)You wanna be a judgemental little bitch..(?)
Strugg
(A)
um, i already have,
you totally fail at objective, helpful, and meaningful discussion.
(B)
sure...
(ps: you suck at this, really. waste of my time...
i doubt yours is of much value to anyone here,
so keep on, coolguy...
youre a real asset to this forum,
that is without question:rolleyes:)

limitless_euphoria
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
As you will find in this forum, its a well known fact that less is more.

The higher the dose the more naloxone you get and that will completely block any euphoria.

Yep.

@JonnyM: Remember we talked about nalaxone and how it is an intert compound that's just a "feel-good" safeguard for the FDA/DEA. The buprenorphine itself has a stronger affinity for the receptor. Nalaxone only is effective if administered IV and even if you shot a sub (which I don't recommend) the bupe binds stronger to the receptors than does the nalaxone. This I've gotten from more than one source on here and elsewhere.

@toker253: I could never get by with just 2 mg. Every time I tried to drop below 4 mg back came the obsession with wanting to use, trying to figure out how to get opiated w/real opies. Not only that but my legs would twitch (even on k-pin) and I would get never ending yawns and occasional chills that passed through my body. And yes, I do take my subs properly. I can no longer rail them as my nose/sinuses are shot from all the pills, coke and dope that's gone up there but in giving them ample time to dissolve by wedging them between my gum and mouth works wonders.

I've just given up on euphoria from subs. Whatever little I do or can manage if I blink I'll miss it. Aside from being chatty for a few minutes and feeling warm there's nothing really else to it.

seven10kids
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
bupe is a super stong opiate by weight, just has a very low celing. IDK if that makes much sense, but its true shit.