PDA

View Full Version : Vivid dreams on suboxone

Fat Pie
06-18-2010, 05:45 AM
I always seem to get vivid (and sometimes quite frightening, almost nightmarish) dreams now that I'm on suboxone. Is it just me or is this a possible side effect of the drug? I do seem to sleep a lot longer now that I'm on it (slept 19 hours last night), and whenever I fall asleep after speedballing I don't have any dreams whatsoever. I had such a vivid, deep dream last night that I swore to myself what was happening was real, and I can remember mostly all of it: I was on the street at night about to go on a journey and then I got on a train during the day, one of those long range ones that go to Leeds, with a few family members; some things were a bit out of place, like night suddenly turning to day, a few family members being there that shouldn't have been there (they live abroad and have never travelled with me before) etc. but it really felt like I was on a moving train (i.e. looking out the window and seeing things going by), and I was convinced of the reality of it (I know this all sounds really weird, but bear with me). I was truly surprised when I woke up and realised it had all been a dream.

What I'm asking is: are the vivid dreams possibly connected to the suboxone I'm taking, and has anyone else on suboxone/subutex experienced this sort of thing?

euphoricontin17
06-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Yeah Bro, I feel you. I used to have these too a while ago when I was on subs. Sometimes though, the dreams were so vivid, I'd actually be able to tell myself in the dream that "self, this is a dream, wake up!" (because it would be a nightmare) and then I would wake up but still be in the dream. Confusing I know, but like I'd be in a scary dream, know it, tell myself to wake up, wake up in the dream and think I was really awake when I was still dreaming and all this crazy shit would happen and i would think it really was happening. Crazy...

One time, I was at this school-type-place kind of like hogwarts in H. Potter and I was flying through the air in this flying boat type thing and was thrown out and fell, fell , fell and finally hit the ground. But it didn't hurt... Another time I saw these two super hot blond haired teenage girls. I started making out with one of them and it turned into an old lady/monster. Another time, (last example, I promise) I was shooting up in this dream and as I pushed the plunger down I began turning into a syringe myself. I got so scared because all I could see was my head turning into a spike... Weird drug, weird fuckin' dreams. I'm glad I'm sticking to good old oxy and hydroM, where the dreams are either non-existant or good-spirited.....

I swear, Bupe is such a crazy, mad-scientist, oddball chemical that who the fuck really knows what it's doing to our sleep patterns/brains/health in the long run ya know?

nycjrt
06-18-2010, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE
I swear, Bupe is such a crazy, mad-scientist, oddball chemical that who the fuck really knows what it's doing to our sleep patterns/brains/health in the long run ya know?[/QUOTE]
Yep, It is a crazy drug, and not to be taken lightly (especially for maintenance- it should be treated with the same caution/respect as Methadone, unfortunately it is not, at least initially)
Fat Pie- sleeping for NINETEEN HOURS is not 'last night' - it is Yesterday/Today!!!!;)
Seriously though, Bupe helps me sleep like an elderly dog - if I have nothing to do, I can easily stay in bed for 15+ hours ... with that kind of sleep, some lucid and/or vivid dreams happen. I think it relaxes me so much(like some other opiates), yet lasts so long (unlike others:() and I enter a deep sleep, undisturbed by noises which might usually waken me.
Slightly off topic, but Melatonin leaves me with memorable/wild/overwhelming dreams - i've taken it on a plane, to counter jet-lag, and dozed off for seconds, had what felt like hour long dreams. Every time I've taken it at home I get nightmares.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, half an Ambien knocks me out for 3-4 hours, with absolute amnesia- so total that I've called people, and do not recall conversations...as well as gone to the pub/bodega- whoops:o - the dreams must be great, if i could remember.

- Even more off-topic, but related, has anyone seen Richard Linklater's 'Waking Life'? It is one of my favorite films, impossible to describe, but it addresses lucid dreaming, amongst many other topics...plus it is animated in such a brilliant way, was precursor (stylistically) to 'A Scanner Darkly'.

dharma bum
06-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds like one of you's guys is a good candidate for being a lucid dreamer-----Castaneda style.

Fat Pie
06-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds like one of you's guys is a good candidate for being a lucid dreamer-----Castaneda style.

I suppose so, but from hearing all those other accounts, I'm sure this is a side-effect of suboxone. I'm not a big dreamer otherwise (and on dope, my dreams are all but nonexistent). What are the odds of other suboxone users having the same phenomenon occur to them without it being related to the drug (it's not proof, I know, but it is a confirmation of my initial thoughts, however tenuous that may be)?

Could there be a connection? Yes, I think so...

dharma bum
06-19-2010, 11:33 AM
It seems like my dreams have diminished since starting the subs. I don't know but I was always a big dreamer and paid attention to them, even kept a dream journal. Also, and I don't know if this is connected but I have trouble with word recall and vocabulary, etc. since suboxone. Maybe they just make me too complacent.

Fat Pie
06-19-2010, 12:29 PM
It seems like my dreams have diminished since starting the subs. I don't know but I was always a big dreamer and paid attention to them, even kept a dream journal. Also, and I don't know if this is connected but I have trouble with word recall and vocabulary, etc. since suboxone. Maybe they just make me too complacent.

Fair enough. I guess each sub user has their own experience.

Had another of my lucid, weird-ass sub dreams last night. I'm starting to get a little scared of sleeping, and I'm staying up a lot more, but that's the worst side-effect of subs I've had, and I can manage fine (I'm not one to complain about something that in all probability has saved my life; if it wants me to have strange dreams, then strange dreams I shall have).

Carmen
06-20-2010, 02:17 AM
OMG, I could write a book on all my dreams I've had while on Suboxone for the past 2 years, and I remember all of them very well. I'm so happy to know that it's not just me, sometimes these dreams are so real, actually most of the time, that I'm acually more tired after sleeping cause I actually feel like my dream was so real that I'm exhausted from it. (if that makes any sense)

Just a few nights ago, I had this one crazy dream where I was really sick with some virus type thing (eventhough I wasnt really sick in real life) and took some cold medication that knocked me out, so I drove to dairyqueen and gave my kids money to go in and buy icecream while I slept in the back seat of my minivan. Then I woke up in my dream and my eight year old daughter was driving down the free way with my 10 year old son in the passenger seat, and I freaked out, and finally convinced her to pull over, but then we where lost and ended up on this train bridge that had a security guard on it and she wanted to charge me for directions to get back home. Then when I got back home we lived in a diffrent apartment that was brand new and my son's room was covered in mosqitos, so I sprayed his room down so much you couldnt see. and we all had share bathrooms outside and I wanted to take a shower but people could see through the doors, and I was too embarrassed to take one, then this siren goes off and the world explodes, and I wake up right before I died and could hardly breathe....I should NOT be having these long and intensive dreams..... they are just so scary.

But really, i could go on FOREVER telling you some of the craziest dreams ever, but I wont. But thankfully I'm not the only one suffering from this. I really wish I could actually get some sleep and wake up not feeling MORE exhausted.

struggler
06-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Wow, you guys get sleep on subs?? Nice to know some people do..

Strugg

seven10kids
06-20-2010, 11:31 AM
do any of you smoke weed? seems to me that when i dont smoke weed for a while i have really disturbing/weird/vivid dreams/nightmares... when i smoke it i sleep fine with no mental mind fuck, but when i dont i wake up and remember the vivid dreams and think about them for days. i dont like the feeling.

kdog
06-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I just woke up a few hrs ago crying because of a nightmarish sub dream. These have been happening to me alot lately. The dream last night I was with my ex-gf and we were all happy and laying down next to each other and everything was great, the next thing I knew she was gone. I started balling because I realized that she was gone forever, hence me waking up crying.

It seems, and I'm not sure about this yet, that if you dose closer to bedtime then it affects it more. But sometimes I dose right before bed and I don't get any weird dreams so it's all fucked up if you ask me. All I know is that these dreams are getting harder to withstand.

Sleep is also another thing entirely, sometimes I just can't go to sleep until I can't hold my eyes open anymore, it's like I'm afraid to sleep. This is all def sub-related I guarantee that.

kill
06-21-2010, 01:12 PM
do any of you smoke weed? seems to me that when i dont smoke weed for a while i have really disturbing/weird/vivid dreams/nightmares... when i smoke it i sleep fine with no mental mind fuck, but when i dont i wake up and remember the vivid dreams and think about them for days. i dont like the feeling.

this is me to a fucking T...i smoke multiple times a day..and when there's days where i can't smoke..like i run out or noone has anything..i start tweaking the fuck out hardcore...it's nutz...and i have the most ridiculous dreams...

when i taper my weed smoking WHILE tapering my sub dosage...i'll actually be in borderline WD when i'm sleeping.. i'll have such vivid dreams that there are actually times i'll jizz myself the dream is so vivid...there's nothing like having a vivid ass sex dream...next best thing to having great sex itself hahaha..the only thing that sucks is waking up and changing underwear cuz your spooge feels like you pissed yourself...rofl...so horrible... ;) who else gets wicked wet dreams when tapering suboxone?...i get them tapering other opiates...but nowhere near like i do with suboxone..

I just woke up a few hrs ago crying because of a nightmarish sub dream. These have been happening to me alot lately. The dream last night I was with my ex-gf and we were all happy and laying down next to each other and everything was great, the next thing I knew she was gone. I started balling because I realized that she was gone forever, hence me waking up crying.

It seems, and I'm not sure about this yet, that if you dose closer to bedtime then it affects it more. But sometimes I dose right before bed and I don't get any weird dreams so it's all fucked up if you ask me. All I know is that these dreams are getting harder to withstand.

Sleep is also another thing entirely, sometimes I just can't go to sleep until I can't hold my eyes open anymore, it's like I'm afraid to sleep. This is all def sub-related I guarantee that.

yea i have dreams like that atleast once a month...wake up reeling in tears over lost ex's..relationships..friendships...everything...sh it is insanely vivid..like you wake up and your shaken to your core over some bitch you got over back in the 8th grade of high school...yea...wtf right...i'm serious this exact dream sequence rolled out to me twice in the past week...the first time i was back together with my very first girlfriend i consider my first true love..the girl i lost my viriginity too...(yea, i know)...well we were in this city subway system and she went to the bathroom...well i thought we got seperated and took a wrong subway that she didn't get on..and i got totally lost and seperated from her like i'm talking i took a train across the country or some shit and there was no way for me to get back...crazy shit..i woke up almost in tears....then this last one was just about my last ex girlfriend i had...and it was insanely vivid...like we started talking again and realized we totally loved eachother still so we got back together with the intention to make it work no matter what had to be sacrificed...which is never healthy...lol...well anyway i woke up and i actually called her phone...i blocked my number of course...didn't leave a message..and she never picked up...but still...it was that vivid that it literally made me call someone that i swore i'd never ever give a shit about ever again in my life..to the point where if she'd die tomorrow i'd probably say good riddance..world needed it... and really truely honestly mean it 100%..lol don't ask she's a heartless bitch that don't deserve any love from anyone for the shit she pulls...but shit...that dream shook me the fuck up rough...