PDA

View Full Version : when you cant find that vein....

kdreimiller
07-25-2006, 03:14 PM
This will probably get more responses in a more general thread / forum.

but i was wondering what you guys do or recommend when you cant hit a vein. ive been pretty good and almost always get one (cept when i first started). but stupidly ive been using the same two veins over and over again for the past 4 months. the outer ones in the crook of my arm.

today i was having a really hard time getting anything to register and i was like "fuck, iif i cant find a vein, what am I going to do?". luckily i was able to find a new spot, the iiner vein near my wrist. got that in a cinch.

and i dont have big bulging guy veins. i have hard to see veins except on my hands.

so what do you recommend - just giving up annd doing an skin pop? or sniffing the liquid?

when id be in CA and get myself some tar, i didnt shoot yet, so i would cook up the dope like i was going to shoot, and the just sniff it. worked like a charm, of course now i know the pleasure of iv and want to keep iv'ing.

so skin pop that bitch or sniff the liquid?

kevin

shaunclo
07-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Yo Kevin, I am a major IV user and never once in my life have I ever wanted to skin pop. There is just too much risk involved along with it. All I know is that it probably hurts like a motherfucker too, I know that when I miss a shot, it fuckin burns, I cant imagine unloading the whole rig into one spot, Ohhhhhhh the burn.

I would either smoke it, or sniff it. Sometimes when you smoke a couple of small pieces, you have your head back on straight and then you can go back and search for a vein. But when your hurting, your usually shaking and it is harder to find one and register when your hands cant stay still.

Try using your feet, but dont miss the shot, talk about pain and limping for the next couple of hours, mostly with tar.

Always rotate your IV sites and this wont happen, (atleast for a couple more years) I did the same thing at first, I abused the best vein I had, then had to resort to the hands, feet, fuckin anywhere I thought I saw a vein.

kdreimiller
07-25-2006, 03:26 PM
i get powder where i am - either powder (scramble) or tan rocks (raw). so i dont know that i would have as much chance of infections and absceses with it. but really, i dont wanna chance it.

as for smoking, since its not tar thats outta the question - plus since it would already be cooked up and in the needle it would kind of be tough to smoke.

so i guess that leaves sniffing the cooked up shot.

i definately dont wanna end up like that dude from Requiem for a Dream. Ack. I'm kind of surprised I even started shooting after seeing that movie. That movie gave me baaaaaad dreams for a long time afterwords.

kdreimiller
07-25-2006, 03:34 PM
shaunclo -

do you belong to a bay area music yahoo group per chance? style of writing and general location got me qurious.

vaxn8
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I would try to get a little in if sick, wait a little while then go back to it. Every once in awhile I have a difficult time, but i eventually find something (and I'm female and also have horrible -small, rolling veins). With what you have, I'm not sure what would be a faster way to get it in, po or subQ???

kdreimiller
07-25-2006, 03:39 PM
well luckily due to supplier issues (i get middlemanned and pay $20 a bag instead of $10 - makes it hard to use everyday, i dont use everyday. ill use like a week straight, a couple of them heavy, and the next week, while waiting for my paycheck i might use like 2 times.

so i thankfully dont get very sick....maybe a little loose bowels, but more just mental cravings. plus, i think i naturally dont get sick as some. even when i had a good connect and too much money, i was snorting 10 bags a day. when i stopped (by choice and location) - i only had loose bowels and goose flesh for like 3 days. i dont throw up thank god. only thrown up once in my life. and it wasnt from drinking or withdrawals.

oh shit, youre a MDer as well....in the baltimore area?

shaunclo
07-25-2006, 03:58 PM
With that kind of H you dont even need to cook up the powder 1st then sniff, just sniff it in its powder state. I have a friend that gets the same exact stuff you do, and all he does is sniff his.

shaunclo
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
shaunclo -

do you belong to a bay area music yahoo group per chance? style of writing and general location got me qurious.

No, sorry I do not belong to any yahoo groups or anything like that......

kdreimiller
07-25-2006, 04:01 PM
yeah i used to sniff it, dont get me wrong, i liked sniffing it, but ive upgraded (its upgrading right) to iv'ing.

but once ive already cooked it up and put it in the needle and then cant find the vein, i just wanted to make sure that i sure just sniff the cooked liquid rather than just skin popping it. i wanted to know the best way to make use of that ready to shoot goodness that couldnt make it into the vein that time.

shaunclo
07-25-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah i used to sniff it, dont get me wrong, i liked sniffing it, but ive upgraded (its upgrading right) to iv'ing.

but once ive already cooked it up and put it in the needle and then cant find the vein, i just wanted to make sure that i sure just sniff the cooked liquid rather than just skin popping it. i wanted to know the best way to make use of that ready to shoot goodness that couldnt make it into the vein that time.

Yeah, once you make that plunge.........your fucked!!

So going back to sniffing just will never be the same, but yeah, you can empty out the syringe and sniff away. I would just do a bump or something and go back to searching in a bit. Use a heat fan or do a couple of reps with some weights, that will bring some veins to the surface.

Tar_Baby
07-26-2006, 06:04 AM
This will probably get more responses in a more general thread / forum.

but i was wondering what you guys do or recommend when you cant hit a vein. ive been pretty good and almost always get one (cept when i first started). but stupidly ive been using the same two veins over and over again for the past 4 months. the outer ones in the crook of my arm.

today i was having a really hard time getting anything to register and i was like "fuck, iif i cant find a vein, what am I going to do?". luckily i was able to find a new spot, the iiner vein near my wrist. got that in a cinch.

and i dont have big bulging guy veins. i have hard to see veins except on my hands.

so what do you recommend - just giving up annd doing an skin pop? or sniffing the liquid?

when id be in CA and get myself some tar, i didnt shoot yet, so i would cook up the dope like i was going to shoot, and the just sniff it. worked like a charm, of course now i know the pleasure of iv and want to keep iv'ing.

so skin pop that bitch or sniff the liquid?

kevin

I know a lady that makes a shot up..then breaks the needle off the rig and squirts it up her nose while snorting..thats a big waste imo.
I wouldnt skin pop tar. Ive got nasty scars from missing partial shots..and most of the misses abscess which in turn costs about $600.00 to get them drained etc in the ER
FInd a vein..legs, feet, wrists, hands fingers..anything's better than skin popping tar

kdreimiller
07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
first time i did tar, i did it like that - my friend cooked it up, put it in a needleless syringe and squirted it up my nose. burnt like fucking hell - battery acid anyone?

when i was back in the LA area in Jan Feb, I would just cook it and sniff the liquid, with no syringe....no need for the syringe.

but since im back on the east coast you dont need to cook to sniff it.

chemboy7
07-26-2006, 09:02 AM
If it's in solution in the syringe and then you can't find a vein or whatever instead of sucking the liquid up your nose you could bum it. It's an ackward proceedure but it will get the job done alot better than snorting it. If I was gonna snort it I would prefer it was still powder, that way more sticks up there as opposed to immediately running down my throat.

vaxn8
07-26-2006, 01:11 PM
oh shit, youre a MDer as well....in the baltimore area?

KD: Yep, right in Balti. I actually mentioned that to you ahwile ago in resonse to one of your posts. I think it was one about not having access to a car or something. I think I told you I had the opposite problem, can go whereever I need to, but don't have a good place to go, if that makes sense! :)

Forgot to add, I'm downtown during the day and live kind of NW