PDA

View Full Version : barbiturates

jerets
07-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I am trying to find out whether or not barbiturates have more recreational value than benzodiazepines. In particular I am trying to get some recreational information on Phenobarbital.
Thanks a lot,
Jerets

chemboy7
07-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Different people like different drugs differently... in my experience Benzodiazepines are shitty recreational drugs by themselves, awsome potentiators and withdrawl tools though. Barbituates are more of a wall-banging drunken stupor type intoxication, kinda like being piss faced and just floating through the day on a cloud. Phenobarbital is kinda weak though so the recreational value kinda goes down there (not to meantion if it has APAP or some other shite in them... can't just do a CWE with these puppies). Be very careful with those Barbs though, way too fucking easy to OD when mixed with other CNS depressants.

johnny27
07-25-2006, 08:33 AM
back in the days, barbs where highly regared as one of the ultimate hits when IV'd espically the blues. As for sallowing them, its a personal choice whether you like benzo's or barbs better orraly, but iv the barbs is a totally different effect than taking them orraly, a most amzing rush and euphoria. Barbs taken orraly are prob more euphoric than benzos, but as mentioned more of a stupor. Plus be very careful, as barbs are a particualary dangerous drug with tolerance, because the tolerance for getting the same effect/hit rises, meaning more barbs but the problem is that the LD50 dose dose'nt rise with tolerance. Meaning OD is extremely likely when you get a habit or tolerance

Adormidera
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Phenobarbitol is not the greatest for abuse because it is very long-acting and kind of low-key compared to others. It is mostly used for seizure prevention or halting a seizure in progress. I know sometimes it is prescribed for babies born to methadone-addicted mothers, which echoes what chemboy was saying about helping with wd's.

These days it's fairly hard to find the more popular barb's for abuse, like Seconal, because they are neurotoxic with high risk of OD and high abuse potential, so have been mostly replaced in medical use with benzo's and newer sleep meds like Sonata and Ambien. The most common one you see nowadays besides phenobarbital is butalbital, which is in headache combo's Fiorinal and Fioricet. It's not the strongest either but I think they put it in there to potentiate the codeine in Fiorinal #3 and it creates an interesting effect with the caffeine also in there, like a cute little baby speedball. :)

I have never IV'd barbs but orally I agree that it's much like being drunk, OK if that's your bag but probably cheaper and easier to just get drunk!

halfalien_s4
07-26-2006, 08:59 AM
ive had fiorinal #3 several times and its the shit!

chemboy7
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
The Codiene in Fioricet makes it alittle more desirable from an abuse point of veiw, but Butalbital is still a weak short acting Barbituate and Codiene isn't gonna sway people with a decent Opaite tolerance... I would still rather get my hands on some Tuinal, if that didn't get me where I wanted to go I could add my own Opaites.

Brony
07-26-2006, 09:54 AM
IMO i like benzos more than barbs. I say this only b/c the only barbs I've every used are Fiorinal and phenobarbital (each one different occasions). I personally just get sedated from barbs, whereas with benzos I get a very nice mellow feeling. I guess it's one those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" situations. But don't get me wrong, if you offered me a barb, I'd still take it.:D

kdreimiller
07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
i prefer benzos over barbs as well....but i dont really enjoy benzos that much. occassionally ill pop a valium and feel pretty good for about an hour or so, but if i dose again sooner than a week, it just kind of calms me down or knocks me out.

as for barbs, ive only had phenobarbital and it was kind of ick. so not really a good idea of what a real barb is im guessing. it just made me really really tired. i bought a bunch in guatemala.

shit pharms are cheap there.....codeine 3 - like 20 cents each, benzos, about 10 cents each. cost to cross the border from belize to guate - $10. price to get high on opiates in jungles, priceless. then i found codeine liquid (with nothing else) for $3USD a bottle, and 30 mg codeine pills (nothing added) for 50 cent each. i stopped going to guate and trying to speak spanish. but thats all way off topic now. just makes me wish the US sold all that shit over the counter.

Brony
07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
so not really a good idea of what a real barb is im guessing.

yeah, I hear that. I guess maybe I'd have a different opinion if I had chance to try something stronger, like Seconal, Amytal or Nembutal. But I doubt that will happen any time soon...:rolleyes:

Zoops
07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Barbs are cool, from what I know about 'em. Butalbital, like one previous commenter said, is the most common besides phenobarb. I did a nembutal (pentobarbital) 100mg suppository once, it was a pretty good high. I wish I could have had three of them that time.

Phenobarbital is absolute shit, worthless. ONly thing it would good to keep around for is to help with w/d, to just put you to sleep.

This butalbital stuff is pretty allright, tho'. There is a drug product in the USA called "Phrenelin" (fren-el-in), and it's made up of acetaminophen (tylenol) and butalbital. It's like 300mg tylenol and 50mg butalbital. The coolest thing about phrenelin is that there's no caffeine in it, like fioricet (which also has butalbital) and IT'S NOT A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE! It is an Rx med, however, so it requires a prescription, but not controlled substance.

Yup, phrenelin is a well-kept secret.