PDA

View Full Version : Best benzo to mix with methadone?

shaolin730
05-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Yo fellas, I get a Methadone prescription for my bad back (80mg per day) & it's a real pain in the ass to stop for long enough where I can catch a buzz or high off bangin a couple bags of dope. As of late the only benzo I've had access to is Klonopin from my neighbour, which I doubt is the best one to mix with Methadone to catch a nod/buzz/high or whatever you wanna call it. I never was on MMT or had taken Methadone in order to get clean off dope or pills so I don't have that much experience with it. Anyway, I've recently stumbled upon a connect that's got a vast collection of pharmaceuticals available so I'm wondering, what benzo do folks think is best for mixing with Methadone to get a good nod going? I'm thinking Xanax is probably the best because it's the strongest but I'm thinking that Valium may be quite nice as well. Only problem is that it takes a lot of fucking Valium (like 30 or 40mg+) to do anything to me. Thanks to those that give their opinions..happy noddin to all :P.

alowishus
05-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Yo fellas, I get a Methadone prescription for my bad back (80mg per day) & it's a real pain in the ass to stop for long enough where I can catch a buzz or high off bangin a couple bags of dope. As of late the only benzo I've had access to is Klonopin from my neighbour, which I doubt is the best one to mix with Methadone to catch a nod/buzz/high or whatever you wanna call it. I never was on MMT or had taken Methadone in order to get clean off dope or pills so I don't have that much experience with it. Anyway, I've recently stumbled upon a connect that's got a vast collection of pharmaceuticals available so I'm wondering, what benzo do folks think is best for mixing with Methadone to get a good nod going? I'm thinking Xanax is probably the best because it's the strongest but I'm thinking that Valium may be quite nice as well. Only problem is that it takes a lot of fucking Valium (like 30 or 40mg+) to do anything to me. Thanks to those that give their opinions..happy noddin to all :P.

My opinion, save yourself a dirt nap and don't go chasing a high of done and benzo's.
We all big kids here, some just barely :rolleyes:, and nobody likes to get preached too, but you're playing with your life running after that high.
One day you're gonna take some and not feel the way you want or not feel it fast enough - so you'll take some more and then you die.

It's easy to follow, it aint just the bubble gummers that OD, many are the long time hard core peeps chasing that high.

jimmyfingers
05-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I second the deadly mix.
You start playing around with benzos, and judging by your post it sounds like you don't really know what you are doing, you will die
Be careful and avoid the benzo
Edit. Forgot to mention that since you are getting 240 pills at once that this is even more dangerous. People eat a bunch of benzos and start eating every pill in their site and not really realizing what they are doing. STAY AWAY

Uncle Wiggly
05-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't think you're going to find many folks here that are comfortable recommending a benzo to mix with Methadone. 80mg of Methadone per day is a fairly high dose. When you want to mix a benzo with it you're looking to sleep in the bonny-six.

We lost a very well liked and respected member to just such a combo. The only advice I'm comfortable giving is to please be careful and start very small. Benzos are scary enough alone. Mix them with 'done and you're just asking for trouble.

Count Zero
05-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I second the deadly mix.
You start playing around with benzos, and judging by your post it sounds like you don't really know what you are doing, you will die
Edit. Forgot to mention that since you are getting 240 pills at once that this is even more dangerous. People eat a bunch of benzos and start eating every pill in their site and not really realizing what they are doing. STAY AWAY

I've almost killed myself twice on benzos and dope. I imagine it's even easier on benzos and done.

Chipper
05-22-2010, 05:31 PM
<snip> ... I've recently stumbled upon a connect that's got a vast collection of pharmaceuticals available <snip>

Shaolin, may I suggest that you don't post stuff that incriminating. It's one thing to declare your drug use but it's another to connect yourself to vast amounts of any scheduled drug.

Maybe I'm just a tad paranoid today but an alarm went off in my head when I read that.

Dolofinell
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=26526

This is what happened to my best friend, Not trying to be
hippocritical, I take em, as little as possible though, be careful.

harmonik
05-22-2010, 07:41 PM
In short? No benzo is the best benzo to mix with methadone.

If it takes you that amount of valium to get high, my suggestion is.. stop trying to get high. It isn't fucking worth it.

Keep in mind that 5mg of xanax alone might not give you a buzz, but with methadone, you'll prolly be nodding. But nobody can gauge your tolerance except for you.

Be patient with it. Start out with a nicer/weaker (IMO) benzo like Ativan or Klonopin. START LOW. Don't think because you can munch 40mg valium that you'll be fine taking that many with methadone. You aren't invincible.. even if benzos make you feel otherwise.

Nobody here can tell you what's perfect for you, so you're going to have to be patient and do some trial and error if you don't want to end up six feet under.

Start small. Start weak. Build up until you're comfortable, and don't push your fucking limits.

Hide your benzos after you're feeling pretty good because we all know the infamous story "I went to bed with 40 xannies and woke up with 0"... Only in your case, you'd probably not wake up at all.

I really wish you wouldn't, but you probably will regardless.. so caveat emptor.

HandMeSomeOpiates
05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm really glad to see everyone trying to steer him away from the benzo+methadone mix. Makes me proud to be a member here. Not your fault at all OP, you were just asking a question, it's just a lot of us have seen bad things happen to friends and family over this deadly mix.

chopstix
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I second the deadly mix.

^^this.

Very true, especially with the bottle of done. It creeps up on you, and pretty soon you don't know what you've taken and you're so out of it you don't really realize what you're doing. It happened to me with a found bottle of methadone tabs and some valium and ativan, luckily I had someone living with me to go WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU and took my pills before I could eat anymore, at the rate I was going I seriously think Ida od'd within a couple more days.

We lost a great member here to methadone, xanax and alcohol - right after a refill. As has been said, you're not gonna get a lot of advice on this one here, I will say despite your post that klonopin can be especially dangerous due to a very long duration of action, just like methadone..

Be careful dude.

ouaisOut
05-22-2010, 09:04 PM
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=26526

This is what happened to my best friend, Not trying to be
hippocritical, I take em, as little as possible though, be careful.

I know it's been a year or so since you lost your best friend, but I offer my condolences. That pain never goes away. And the hole is never filled.

I have a question related to the OPs'. I am a CPer/addict currently Rx'd #60 oxycodone 10/325 for B/T, but doing my own maintenance on 5-6 med pods a day. I've been sticking to this program for over a year and I haven't slipped up and done anything that I regret. So for me, that constitutes success.

I've been taking scripted opiates for over 10 years, but I chose not to have another back surgery, so I finally got transferred to the PM program at my HMO. I'll keep the oxyc. for B/T, but my new PM doc is suggesting 'done for baseline pain and I am open to it.

The pods are okay, but I want to be able to be athletic again and pods don't control the pain well enough for me to achieve that. I've been doing P/T (physical therapy) for 5-6 years but the pain doesn't let up enough for me to be really active. So that's my motivation for trying the program and giving up some of my autonomy.

I have been doing research on done for a few years (and a shit-ton in the last few days), so I know just the basics, but need expert o-philes' advice.

I've always seen a shrink on the side. I've always kept my psychiatric treatment separate from HMO treatment for practical reasons. I wouldn't do well in Soviet Russia and I know that. I take Lamictal, Xanax .5 - 1.5mg/night, and Ambien crumbs - 10mg as needed. And Melatonin 9mg every night. I tapered off Seroquel recently. I'd like to be able to take it for sleep occasionally, but I'm assuming that's probably not an option when I'm on the 'done.

I don't have to drop piss at the PM Clinic. BUT, I don't want to die. So I'm considering tapering off the Xanax. I need the Xanax. I've fought long and hard with manic depression and crippling anxiety. I do yoga, exercise, breathing, therapy, all that shit. And I've spent a fuckton of time figuring out why I get anxious, etcetc. I have come a long ass way.

I don't get anything from benzos recreationally so I've never awakened the next day to find more pills missing. It's not that I have willpower. They just don't do it for me and I don't need more problems in my life in the form of a big benzo habit. But I do appreciate living without crippling anxiety attacks. And I appreciate being able to sleep. And I appreciate living without the anxiety that's kept me writing this fucking post for 3 hours but being too socially anxious to post it. (I'm getting off the xanax in preparation for my new script.)

But, let me repeat, I do not want to die from the combo of methadone and xanax.

*** So any advice for me? Should I taper off the Xanax? I've been taking it at this dosage for more than 10 years. I can taper and stop when I want to and have done so about 5-6 times in the last couple years just to see if I could. Should I stay on it, but drop my dose to .25 - .5 tops? When I start the 'done, I plan on doing 0 or crumbs until I figure out the 'done. And no Ambien at all. But I will need Ambien at some point, so any recommendations on that?

If you got this far, thanks for reading. Any and all advice will be gratefully received. Now that I've written this, I don't know if I want to give up my balanced regimen for the sake of the 'done.

Brony
05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned, there is NO good benzo to mix with methadone. Methadone can be a handful all by itself, and there is no need to add benzos to the equation.

It is TOO GREAT A RISK!!! Don't do it!

Methadone+Benzos has taken many lives, and it's not always opiate rookies either–this combo even gets the folks that have lots of experience. No good man, no good. Forget about it, please.

chopstix
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
@OuaisOut: Please check out benzo.org.uk and find the taper chart, if you've been taking xanax that long, especially in conjunction with other potentiating drugs, you really should taper. It's a borderline dose, but it's also a long time and seizures can really fuck you up.

The absolute best protocol is to switch to (usually) valium, sometimes librium (equigesic doses) and do a slow taper - both those drugs have a very long half life and are less potent by weight, which makes it much easier to make cuts and taper slowly - kinda like how methadone is much easier to taper on than bup is.

Benzo.org.uk & benzoisland.org - best sites on the net for benzo info.

OrangeLude
05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
i was taking 70mg/mmt done/day and prescribed 2mg KPin & 1mg xanax/day

i am now taking 30 mg/ done/day and benzo's the same.

I don't use what I'm prescribed and I don't go looking for a benzo high.

been getting high for the better part of 40 years and haven't died yet. a bunch of people i've called friend have died looking for the high you described via the method you asked. i know it doesn't stop anyone...but it hurts a lot of people when you die. that is a very high dose of done to be thinking of using benzo's for recreational purps.

ouaisOut
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks Chops! Very helpful.

Chemical_Boy
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
...Start out with a nicer/weaker (IMO) benzo like Ativan or ...

My second serious overdose was due to combining ativan and heroin. I was in benzo land. I remember walking around with a syringe loaded with a shot of dope, full 100 units and black as night. I also remember saying to my buddy, "check this out.... this is a pretty big shot."

My last memory is pushing the plunger down.
Became unresponsive soon after that.

That is the last time I fucked with benzos and dope/opioids. I have hit some ambien mixed with dope since then and even that is stupid and I always swear I won't repeat it. Even then, I do use much smaller hits of dope then normal. Not that it makes it ok. It is still fucking stupid and I am hoping never to do it again. That said, I will not mix benzos with opioids anymore. Period.

I suppose I might make an exception with suboxone. But no full agonists. I will keep 'em seperate, thanks. I know that is harder to do if you are on maintenance. Cuz you get so used to it. Then you find yourself with a handful of xanax and in your mind the methadone doesn't even count as a drug anymore since it is a constant in your life. But seriously man, I strongly suggest you don't do it.

If you insist on it, at least do yourself a favor and don't do it alone. Make sure you are someplace where somebody will respond immediately if you fall out.

paups
05-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Shao, please be careful and heed the the fine advice left herein..
Want to know you for another few years to come..

I know youve been frustrated with chasing the dopehigh while on MMT.. but especially recently I have been an occasional audience to the effects of benzos and opiates and it is NOT COOL most of the time.. even for an experienced user..

stay safe bb

Nonphixion
05-23-2010, 12:51 AM
I take Methadone for pm 10mg 4x a day + 2mg of k-pins... you will just asleep before get a decent nod going... I've tryed every benzo mix with done.

KoDeInaaaae
05-23-2010, 05:30 AM
my friend oded on methadone and benzos..

.i had to carry that mofo across the street and call the ambulance.
i didint wnat the cops in my house but atleast i didint just throw him on the sidewalk and just call the cops and say i found him like that,cause i no people like that and i neevr wnat to get fucked up around them and sum people are to scared to do anything and just let u die or throw u at the emergency roomm door then dip,i stayed with him till the ambulance came and held him on his side,but the experience wasnt fun

but dones are danerous to mix other drugs with cause it takes a while for dones to fully kick in and are so long lasting...but to ur question i would say no benzo is good to mix and if u were to do any i would say a weak one ativan or diazepam..

shaolin730
05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I want to thank everyone for playing the roll of mommy/daddy & warning me about mixing the two drugs & telling me to be safe (seriously, I'm just being a sarcastic asshole). I know it's dangerous & I've ODed myself mixing Xanax with heroin a couple times when I was a bit younger (I knew it was a possibility, I just didn't care or value my life very much at the time). I've been using opiates (drug in general) for quite a while & I know my limits so it isn't very likely that I OD again unless I'm trying to. That said I assure you all that I will take it easy & be safe when mixing the two drugs. As Uncle Wiggly said, I will start off small & slowly while being extremely careful. I may also take harmonik's advice on hiding my benzo stash from myself after dosing. If I've even got a large amount, I usually don't buy that much at once to

1. Prevent myself from taking too much.
2. Prevent myself from getting addicted to them. I never have been & heard it's emotional hell, like getting your period as a male. Plus I'd prefer to stick to one addiction.

Again, thanks to everyone that replied & especially those looking out to keep my breathing..

-shaolin730

underide
05-30-2010, 11:15 AM
2. Prevent myself from getting addicted to them. I never have been & heard it's emotional hell, like getting your period as a male. Plus I'd prefer to stick to one addiction.

-shaolin730

honestly not trying to detract from all the valuable and very sound advise re: OD, but just wanted to point out that what you just stated is probably something of a much likelier thing to watch-out for rather than OD, but again obviously don't dismeiss the fatality plausibility which is a risk for sure

But you'd be surprised how well benzo's go with methadone, especially (like pointed out before) when you're chasing a high, and methadone being what it is, it's just easier to get at least somewhat close to that illusive high with the help of benzo's when it comes to methadone at least IME

You'd be surprised how fast the tolerance can grow and how much of a liking *some* individuals can get for 'done+benzo combo

And i don't think the strength of the benzo is relevant here too much at all, plus for one reason or anther most of us like one certain benzo over the other and it's quite varied

Just throwing it out there, and don't wanna preach too much but be safe!