PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Exalgo ER (Time Release Dillys)

JonWrong
05-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Well as you all know I've been on D's for awhile now. Im currently getting 120 Dilaudid 8mg's a month. I take 4 day (32mgs). This month my Dr wanted tos witch things up and gave me my usual 120 8mg D's (Malli' Triangles as always) & also another script for low and behold 60 12mg Exalgo ER which are those new time release D's we were talking about a few months back.

I don't know whether to be excited or disappointed already. I know I wanted to try these which I do but the real joy I get from D's is on the days I IV them & I have a feeling like most ER that the ER stand for Extra Risky to even try to bang. Or just a major skull splitting headache to extract anything. Which is going to be hard to even want to put myself through trying when I can simply just dump 2 Malli' 8mg's into a spoon and be done filtering ready to shoot in under 5 min. with no time release or anything.

It's like normal dillies which I've always had and are used to have to be the easiest pill ever to IV. Very little filler & no time release anti-abuse anything. It's like they were made to shoot. Now with these I'm expecting I'll run into a super headache & they might be worthless if they can't be IV'd. At least to any normal Dilaudid user they might be. If they are potent and can be snorted they might be good to bump 1 or 2 after doing a shot to increase the nod a little bit. Who knows.

Just thought I'd let you guys know since no one else has posted much about these anywhere since no ones tried them. I will soon have 60 12mg Hydromorphone Extended Release pills AKA in the US Exalgo ER pills sometime in the next week & I will be reporting the low down on this new drug people seem to have questions about. It's not really new as other countries have similar formulations and we used to have palladone. But this brand & formulation is new, as well as the time release is probably different.

Anyone with some experience with the OROS time release mechanism know of any good way to shoot these? Or is this one of those ER pills that truly just isn't gonna be shot & I should just enjoy the 120 8mg IR's I get :-D

Papa Verine
05-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I think you're right on the money. They're going to be very difficult to abuse at all. IMO we're going to see more and more of these new ER drugs and less and less of the easily abusable formulations like Dilaudid and OxyContin.

I don't think you have to be a genious to see this coming.

Well, there's always black tar heroin...

KoDeInaaaae
05-22-2010, 09:04 AM
funny thing is, oxycontin is a Extended Release type pill...

Nonphixion
05-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Really!? No way, i never knew that...:rolleyes:

clonaze-whammed
05-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I had Jurnista before, extended release hydromorphone, posted a thread about them here:

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=26209

If exalgo are anything like these then they are impossible to abuse,

They were a real disappointment.

shoybs
05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I think you're right on the money. They're going to be very difficult to abuse at all. IMO we're going to see more and more of these new ER drugs and less and less of the easily abusable formulations like Dilaudid and OxyContin.

there's always breakthrough pain too!

deathmau5
05-23-2010, 07:45 PM

Holy shit, that IS funny! Mind if I write down this knee-slapper to use at the next open-mic night? I think you are wrong though... there is NO way that Oxycontin (OXYcodone CONTINuous Release) could possibly be an extended release formulation. But back to that humdinger you told... GOD is that funny. I seriously wish I could stop laughing. (Just messing with ya LOL!)

Back on topic, so what is the highest dosage available for hydromorphone now? That really sounds like a bum deal as IV is the only worthy route when using hydromorphone in my SWIMpinion.

KoDeInaaaae
05-23-2010, 08:22 PM

I waanrt trying to be funny i was just stateing that oxycontin is a ER drug and its still abused...
maybe he just made a bad example and he was trying to state that less abusable formulations like the new oxy form or like the TIMERx,instead of the easy abusable drugs like Roxi,diallaudid or fentanyl drugs like that.

i wasnt tryin to be a dick or nothin,i was just sayin but everything is goin to be abused,users wil find a way....

just because i was mistaken on a different thread and maybe even considered a dick,move on..forgive and forget,,bein a dick wont help cause what am i suppsoed to do? yes im going to have to be a dick back and thats not me,i just want to get along...

I wonder how they come up with the names for new drugs,like exalgo

More Feen
05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Whenever I see this drug's name, I think of Hildalgo (son of something).

Any way, all these counters to abusing certain pills would have me wasting 60% of them trying different techniques to extract the goodness in a decent manner--kind of like pods.

I really wish I could "tour" all the different opiates out there. A few Exalgos here, then some Opanas there.

Slap on a fentanyl patch for a couple of days.

An entrepreneur physician in this country should charge $2000 for arranging an "Opiate Tour." For that price, one would have decent hotel accommodations, and try various opies over the next 7 days, 6 nights.

Such a doctor would be a millionaire in less than a year, in my opinion.

M F

Papa Verine
05-24-2010, 07:30 PM
I waanrt trying to be funny i was just stateing that oxycontin is a ER drug and its still abused...
maybe he just made a bad example and he was trying to state that less abusable formulations like the new oxy form or like the TIMERx,instead of the easy abusable drugs like Roxi,diallaudid or fentanyl drugs like that.

i wasnt tryin to be a dick or nothin,i was just sayin but everything is goin to be abused,users wil find a way....

just because i was mistaken on a different thread and maybe even considered a dick,move on..forgive and forget,,bein a dick wont help cause what am i suppsoed to do? yes im going to have to be a dick back and thats not me,i just want to get along...

I know OxyContin is an extended release formulation. I said it was easily abusable, not that is wasn't intended to be extended release. All you have to do is crush the pill up and it's IR.

The new forms of extended release pills are a different story. This OROS technology is not so easy to abuse. That's what I was talking about.

I never said you were a dick either. Relax man...

Nonphixion
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM

We are fucken with you! man..
I think pretty much everyone knows OCs are ER around here ha... People are gonna give you a little shit for being a dick, that's just how it is around here:p, don't take it personal, remember man it's the internet...
Sorry if you took it the wrong way, it was really was just all in good fun(for me anyway, can't speak for others)...

Papa Verine
05-24-2010, 09:45 PM
It's always all in good fun...

digby
05-25-2010, 02:45 AM
I don't get comming out with a 24 hour pill for hydromorphone that is only 16 mg worth. I mean, most chronic pain patients take at least 8 mg every 4 hours, with most of them taking somewhere between 16 and 40 mg every 4 hours.

A person would need to take close to 20 pills at a time if they had any tolerance at all. Where are the 32 and 64 mg pills for something like this?

JonWrong
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah honestly I'm getting a little impatient to just get this little test run over with but the pharmacy had to order the pills. Go figure they have only be out for a few months so of course they have 0 in stock. But like previous ventures with most NEWER time release medications It's probably gonna suck and be WAY too little medication for a time release pill to even swallow and be happy. I can take ALOT of Hydromorphone at once even IV'ing it.

It is far from uncommon to see me IV 24mg's at a time. I'm pretty used to doing 3 8mg's in one go without even much of an issue. So 12mg time release aint going to do anything unless I can abuse it somehow. I'm written for 2 every 24 hours which is only 24mg for 24hrs time release. I'm used to being aloud to take to 8mg so 16mg Instant release at a time.

Also if I lose my insurance these pills are coming WRITE off my list of meds because I don't know if anyone else looked into it but they are un-godly expensive for such a small amount of a very very cheap opiate. I get 120 8mg pills with no insurance for $52. These pills are over $1000 for the same thing!

I wonder if these don't work out if my Dr will just up my 8mg's to 180. I used to be on 180 of the 4's for along time. Tolerance has gone up and I really hope they just pull me off these time release ones + the 120 8's I get and just put me on 180 8's. Cheap and effective.

Also has anyone see that OxyContin from Purdue is also supposed to change the formulation very soon to be alot more un-abusable? My Dr. gave me a print out the other day about it.

gameface
05-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Best of luck with ur med situation. I have been thru this with my father for the past couple years. I helped him work his way up from #30 Perc 5mgs/ month to 10 100mcg Fent Patches and #60 40mg OC's a month. And the coc was always pushing him to try MST both IR and ER. Those did not work a bit.

What I am getting at is; it is very very important to convey to ur doc that you "respectfully disagree" with his decision to try the ER versions. Calmly explain to him many of the reasons u have expressed to us here.

Again BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

austinslacker
06-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Jondub, you're right on the price. My pharmacy wants $2000 for 30 16mg! I've got insurance, but it is not covering the Exalgo, wonder why.:rolleyes:

The_Chef
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Bummer... what sort of new anti-abuse mechanism do these things have anyways?

LayinLow
06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Bummer... what sort of new anti-abuse mechanism do these things have anyways?

The cost! ;)

JonWrong
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
The cost! ;)

Haahahahha that made me laugh :-) awesome and so true