PDA

View Full Version : Refilling Subutex: One day early?

Cobb
05-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi-

As of now, I've got one and a half Subutex pills left. My original prescription of 60 pills was filled on 4/19/10/. On the way out the nurse made my appointment for 5/21/10. I called about a week ago and made a new appointment for 5/19/10- seeing that would be my one month.

I'm wanting to call tomorrow (5/22/10/)- and change the appointment to the 18th. The cliff-hanger is I just start work at at a new part-time place tomorrow. If they do grant me the appointment on the 18th- which I'm sure they will. I'm going to have to ask to come in late on my second day, or be off that day.

So- my question. Granted that I do get the appointment and my script wrote on the 18th- will I be able to get it filled on the 18th? I sure hope so- cause I'm running mega-low and now I'm throwing work in the mix- their is no way I can work and shit my guts out. Please give me some 411. My thinking is the doctor will write that days date on the script- so it can be filled- however, the pharmacy might know and refuse the re-fill?

Anyways- I'm just nervous as hell- I get nervous starting new jobs. Then, this on top of it- plus the fact my doctor's office is far away and so is the only place that fills my sub generic script.

Poppylvr
05-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi-

As of now, I've got one and a half Subutex pills left. My original prescription of 60 pills was filled on 4/19/10/. On the way out the nurse made my appointment for 5/21/10. I called about a week ago and made a new appointment for 5/19/10- seeing that would be my one month.

I'm wanting to call tomorrow (5/22/10/)- and change the appointment to the 18th. The cliff-hanger is I just start work at at a new part-time place tomorrow. If they do grant me the appointment on the 18th- which I'm sure they will. I'm going to have to ask to come in late on my second day, or be off that day.

So- my question. Granted that I do get the appointment and my script wrote on the 18th- will I be able to get it filled on the 18th? I sure hope so- cause I'm running mega-low and now I'm throwing work in the mix- their is no way I can work and shit my guts out. Please give me some 411. My thinking is the doctor will write that days date on the script- so it can be filled- however, the pharmacy might know and refuse the re-fill?

Anyways- I'm just nervous as hell- I get nervous starting new jobs. Then, this on top of it- plus the fact my doctor's office is far away and so is the only place that fills my sub generic script.
My insurance and pharmacy let me fill my sub scripts 5 days early.

lespaulpower
05-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi-

My pharmacy is extremely laid back with me when it comes to filling my Subs... Funny thing is, It's a big chain ;). One day early is no big deal at all, the only reason I could see them giving you a hard time would be just for the sake of giving you a hard time..

I fill my subs one day's worth at a time; so I waltz in there every day and tell them how many I want.. They know damn well I'm taking more than prescribed, but they've never said a damn thing. I'm sure they just like my business. My pharmacist even knit me a beanie recently, I think she likes me. Haha

Sorry to get sidetracked... anyhow, when I had insurance, I always filled about a week early, never a problem.

Cobb
05-16-2010, 01:50 PM
My pharmacy is extremely laid back with me when it comes to filling my Subs... Funny thing is, It's a big chain ;). One day early is no big deal at all, the only reason I could see them giving you a hard time would be just for the sake of giving you a hard time..

I fill my subs one day's worth at a time; so I waltz in there every day and tell them how many I want.. They know damn well I'm taking more than prescribed, but they've never said a damn thing. I'm sure they just like my business. My pharmacist even knit me a beanie recently, I think she likes me. Haha

Sorry to get sidetracked... anyhow, when I had insurance, I always filled about a week early, never a problem.

What's good-

I appreciate it very much guys. I'm just nervous as hell about asking my manager to come in late on my second day- but I can't make it to the 19th like this- I've got to get that appointment the 18th, yo. Hope the manager doesn't get pissed.

seven10kids
05-16-2010, 03:00 PM
usually when you get hired somewhere, you are just an extra person so you can learn for the first few days/weeks. Insurance usually lets you fill every 25 days, some are 28.

909kick
05-16-2010, 03:42 PM
My pharmacy has been pretty good like that with me i have only asked once or twice they phone the doc then they say i can come in one day early i am not on bupe... but i am on a good amount of narcotics.

If they don't let you just try to last as long as you can run in early in the morning.

RifRaf
05-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I almost always get my scrip 2-3 days early and I'm allowed to get it 5 days early (BCBS Insurance). There are two main Pharmacists who I have known for the past 3 years, ever since being on Suboxone, and I know their schedules. Twice I was really early on a re-fill, like 10 days, and they just let me get 3 (which is actually enough for about 2 weeks if you can manage) and paid by cash instead of pulling it through my insurance.

So the answer to your question is: Yes. Almost all Insurance companies and pharmacies let you get it a day early, most let you get it 3-5 days early. If they do not, for some odd reason, you can always ask the pharmacist if you can pay by cash and just get enough to hold you over until the insurance covers it (when you pay by cash the insurance won't be notified so it will not add any extra time to your wait).

sexualhealing
05-16-2010, 04:41 PM
my rule of thumb is if with insurance, 3 days grace period is pretty much the common practice....

ONE DAY is a must in some cases as most docs write scripts for 30 day months, while some have 31 or 28/29 ..... so there has to be some play regardless of how u pay, what the drug is, etc....

if cash, u can bet a lil early isnt going to be a big deal, if insurance, expect more hassles.

with this all being said, now may be the time to hit up ur doc to maybe start giving u a (2) month supply instead of having to worry about going in at exactly one month each visit.... seeing as how u got a job i would bet the doc would be most receptive to this at this point in time.

explain to him what u had to go through and then stress u dont want to mess up ur job and let him post date a script for you.

mine does it for me every 3 months and while at first he couldnt just hand them to me on the spot (this was years ago), now because of law changes i guess, he is able to give me 3 scripts of suboxone, postdated for the scripts i dont need to fill right away as he can't right the script as a true refill like my klonopin....

go fucking figure!!!

sweetpain
05-16-2010, 04:54 PM
No problem getting your script filled one day early. If they do give you a hard time, throw a fit and tell em your are taking your business elsewhere. There's too much ocmpetition in the pharm business. They'll fill it for sure.

Narcotics are alittle different. But, my pharm fills those 2-3 days early.

Cobb
05-16-2010, 05:05 PM
As of now I don't have insurance- I'm paying $140 cash for the generic Subutex? So, I'll be good? That sure is a relief to hear you guys! I just hope that I don't come up short.

I need 8mg's to feel good all day- fact. I can't go below 8mg right yet for some reason. From 16 to 8 was easy now 4mg is hard on me- not terrible but not completely well.

Something- that infuriates the hell out of me- is the fact that I just started this job- it's part time- and they always hold back your first check! That's why I want to get decent hours this week- so when I get my first week of pay on week 2- it will will be as close to 200 as possible- I don't wanna drop a below 100 check for over 40 hours. I've always thought the holding back thing was complete bullshit!

Vico-Dan
05-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Call the pharmacy in advance and explain the situation to them.

Call at a time when they are not busy.

Also, once a week, save 1/4th of your usual dose.

It shouldn't affect you and after a few months you'll have a couple of days worth "just in case"

sexualhealing
05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Call the pharmacy in advance and explain the situation to them.

Call at a time when they are not busy.

Also, once a week, save 1/4th of your usual dose.

It shouldn't affect you and after a few months you'll have a couple of days worth "just in case"

after my 4 years on bupe i have enough to get me throgh for AT LEAST a few months if i werent to taper.....

very good advice.....

im scripted 12mg but typically take 8mgs in the morning, save the other 4 for the evening and most of the time may end up doing 1mg or so and save the rest...... THATS ON TOP OF MY STOCKPILE.

i know for most hardcore opi users this is very weird to even feel but trust me, on subs, u will be able to obtain this level of comfort and security!!!

MetalJake
05-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I just started subs and they gave me a weeks supply and i go back Thurs. Will I have any trouble filling since ill be going to monthly maintenance now?

Kevinyaheard
05-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I just started subs and they gave me a weeks supply and i go back Thurs. Will I have any trouble filling since ill be going to monthly maintenance now?

No you will be fine. You will have to pay whatever your co-pay is though. My friend got a week's supply and his co-pay was $100 then he got a month's supply right after that and it was still $100.