PDA

View Full Version : Oxycontin-Sublingual Administation

PRIZEFIGHTERINFERNO
07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Im wondering if many people here have administered Oxycontin Sublingually. If so what is the preparation method you used and were you succesfull?

handsome rob
07-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I have never tried it because like heroin, oxycodone has a very poor bioavailability through sublingual absorbtion. Here is a link to a study with different opiates administered sublingually and their boiavailabilty.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2458208&dopt=medline

handsome rob
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Another site stated that the bioavailability was under 18%. This would make it a waste when oral administration provides 60-87%.

PRIZEFIGHTERINFERNO
07-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I am very surprised...i had no idea. Im glad i did this forum...im am interested to see some other posts as well. Thanks for the link it should make for some good reading later. thnx for the reply.

Hammilton
07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Well... No, actually it doesn't. You're reading it wrong. 18% is absorbed sublingually. Why is this? Oxycodone doesn't absorb well this way, but around 20% of it still makes it to the brain this way- and will do so quicker than orally.

Sure, if you spit it out after holding it SL for 10 minutes or whatever, you'll waste 80% of it. If you swallow it, you get the same oral percentage PLUS the SL percentage, providing a faster onset.

I always snort the pure 5mg oxy pills and chew up the OCs, holding it SL for a bit before swallowing. Much better than just breaking it open and swallowing.

Just my two cents