PDA

View Full Version : FUCK! Why can't I find a damn vein?

Vico-Dan
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Note: The story below is fictional and is for entertainment purposes only.
Unfortunately, I don't find it very entertaining.

OK, so I get some Dillies from my pain doc again today.

In addition to #120 Norco 10/325's I get per month, he also hooks me up with #30 4mg. Dillies every couple of three months for "breakthrough pain"

I tried to get the Purdue brand today, but the pharmacy was out of the name brand Dillies and I was in pain and didn't feel like driving around anymore as it was afternoon rush hour, so I settled on what I believe are Mallies although I'll have to check. (White, round tablet with an "M" imprint on one side and a "4" imprint on the opposite side)

So I crush up a couple of 4mg pills, add about 70 ml's of distilled water, mix it up, draw it thru a cotton, and then the fun starts.

I can't find a fuckin' vein.

Now, I'm not a regular IV drug user so it's not a matter of not having healthy veins, it's just that they are hidden below the skin.

I tie off and try one on the underside of my wrist as that is the most notable and visible one I can see.

I pull back the plunger, get the nice, pretty, red plume and slowly push the plunger.

The area around the injection site swells up and turns white, which indicates much the solution ended up outside of the vein and not in it.

See the pic posted below.

FUCK!

Next, I tie off again, repeat the process and I try a fat vein on the top of my left hand.

A couple of more 4 mgs tablets grinded up and mixed with distilled water, drawn thru cotton, and re-filtered just for the heck of it, etc...

I hit the vein, pull back a bit on the plunger and a pretty plume of red begins to fill the barrel, I slowly push the plunger in and get a burning sensation and it seems that the vein is bulging, as if the solution is making it's way into the vein, but the more I push the plunger, the fatter the vein gets, the more it burns and the more resistance I encounter, almost as if the vein is going to burst.

When I get near the end, the last 10 ml's or so, the pin actually comes out of my skin as I'm pushing the plunger and it just pops out, so I just end up removing the needle and snorting the liquid solution and then wiping down the injection site with an alcohol cotton swab.

FUCK!

I realize this would go better if I had an "assistant" but that's currently not an option.

I did get a slight rush and a slight nod, but I don't want to waste another 30 Dillies again like I did 2.5 months ago as my pain Dr. is stingy with Dillies and I have yet to experience the full on joy of IV'ng Dillies and having the fun of itching the tip of my nose and getting a nice opiate rush.

I've also heard how the IV'd Dillie rush is the best, and I want to experience it so badly before I get on Subs, but I just don't have a lot of visible veins.

I've tried hot baths/showers, swinging my arms in a circular motion, tying off, etc...

Other than that big, blue monster vein on my Dong, I don't have a good vein to jab.

I have #25 of these 4 mg. Dillies left, and I plan to get on Subs very, very soon and I desperately want to enjoy that much storied rush of injecting Dillies.

It's on my "Bucket List"

Can anyone give me some advice on how to inject these and how to find a good vein?

I'm using 28 gauge, 1/2" insulin pins (Exel brand) that I bought online for about $20.00 or so for 100 of them.

If I knew someone who would trade some OC's for some Dillies, I would do that as well, but I'm not soliciting, just wishfully thinking as these Dillies aren't doing me any good with my inability to find a vein and with the OC's, I know I can crush 'em up and snort 'em and get a nice itch going.

I keep hearing how IV'ng Dillies is the best, and it's so fucking frustrating to have Dillies and to have pins, but I can't get a decent vein to hit and I can't get that much storied Dillie rush.

Both the injection sites are a bit swollen, so I messed up somehow and the Dillie/water solution is under my skin instead of in my vein.

FUCK!

Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Thanks.

Snorting these things are a waste, as is plugging them

Picture of the wrist injection site as taken with a 3G iPhone:

https://qsw7ng.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcMY_xyT0Fv2Zlzle-couiNtra4jCgKPbnjQtD96QlW4UZxin5S1wldTKY1YHg-NuKsr30gnT9ZWTxVh9Id3BsCUxrvTLiAaV/IMG_0377.jpg

You can see the raised "puffy" area where the solution is likely under the skin, instead of it being in the vein on its way to my heart/brain/liver.

The raised swelling area has since gone down and is no longer visible.

Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my tale of woe.

poppy
04-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I've got no experience iv'ing any sort of pill just H. This sounds stupid but did SWIU remember to loosen off the tie when he saw the 'plume of red'? The fact he had the flush of blood means he hit the spot, the fact he experienced a burning sensation, and swelling at the site obviously means something went wrong and the fact he felt the vein started bulging supports this does he know anyone who has iv experience who could help?

ouaisOut
04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
I just have a couple of common suggestions for getting your veins to pop. I don't have many answers for your other questions, but there's ton of ophiles out there who can help you out on those.

So, in addition to hot showers, tying off… I don't think you mentioned push-ups, biceps curls or weight-lifting.

I'm a chick and have tiny-ass veins in the easiest areas: inner elbow, forearm... I have to get a lot of MRIs and they inject dye with a pin that's a smaller gauge than those horse-needles the nurses use for drawing blood. I'm covered with bruises the next day. Without even the benefit of getting high. Grrr.

I rarely shoot but I decided that I would try push-ups and biceps curls to start with. I don't need any extra evidence of my opiate use even if I'm not shooting. It worked really well. With the added bonus of more definition in my shoulders, biceps and pecs.

I would imagine that it would work better and quicker for you since you're a guy. You can build ropes that I can only dream of. I kind of shuddered when I read your story and came to the part about the dick vein. Oy. (And yeah, I know you were joking.) But you barely use your veins at all. Build up some good arm veins for your occasional use.

Vico-Dan
04-13-2010, 02:15 AM
I don't know any IV users so I'm here asking for more hints like I did last time I had Dillies.

I plan to go on Subs pretty soon and would like to experience the joy of injecting Dillies before I do and I don't want to waste them like I did last time by snorting them and by trying to inject them into non-cooperative veins.

I've got everything down, except the part about finding a vein to inject.

It's frustrating, as I used to have some bulging mofo veins when I was young and thin, but now that I'm older and have a layer of fat, the veins are hiding. (Except for the big veins in my Dong. Did I mention those already? :D)

That and the fact that I'm trying to do this by myself makes it tougher, although again, I'm not soliciting for an IV partner/buddy.

I just want to inject these last few Dillies I have before going on Subs, and to not snort them up while trying to figure out how to IV them like last time.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Swellin
04-13-2010, 04:07 AM
Tie off right above your elbow around your bicep, and try and hit the crook of your elbow, i had the same problem as you at first i could always register at first but then when i went to inject i always slipped out of the vein. Tie off but keep it loose, then swing your arm back and forth you should feel the blood rushing down to your hands then as fast as you can tighten it. The method i use has helped control my shaky hands problem and i dont slip out anymore, what i do is lie down on my bed after i tie off and i have a pillow under my chest my hands dont shake at all and i can keep very steady. After you register, take off the tie and just re-register after you loosen it because this happens to me alot still, after i loosen the tie the vein moves down and the needle slips out so just push down a bit and pull back slightly until you see blood. Then when your finally in and pushing in the solution, re-check a couple times during the process to make sure your still in the vein. GL be safe.

Billy the kid
04-13-2010, 05:08 AM
It's a SIGN man!

Seriously though just RELAX and I think you'll be ok. Dont try and hit one until it looks hittable. Put the tourney on. Open and close your fist until you see a good one. I've never had much luck with showers before trying, ime. Good luck bro!

More Feen
04-13-2010, 05:51 AM
IMO: Getting a good tap is inversely proportional to the desire/excitement of getting the shot.

In udder woids: The more you want it, the more difficult it will be.

My buddy would sometimes wake up the next day looking like a murder victim (lots of dried blood all over his body) because he couldna get a good tap.

Being calm, concentrating, and trying not to worry about being successful can help, as long as you can convince yourself this is the case.

M F

flchub
04-13-2010, 09:14 AM
easiest vein to hit is on the left arm at the elbow of course it helps greatly if you're right handed:),the vein crosses at an angle,best way to make sure you hit the vein and to find other good veins is to start doing bicep curls,i found so many more good veins once i started doing the bicep curls,it also helps the blood flow.i wouldn't try the wrist,the veins are sorta small and really easy to miss(atleast that was my experience)

goodluck and be safe

Poppylvr
04-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Tie off right above your elbow around your bicep, and try and hit the crook of your elbow, i had the same problem as you at first i could always register at first but then when i went to inject i always slipped out of the vein. Tie off but keep it loose, then swing your arm back and forth you should feel the blood rushing down to your hands then as fast as you can tighten it. The method i use has helped control my shaky hands problem and i dont slip out anymore, what i do is lie down on my bed after i tie off and i have a pillow under my chest my hands dont shake at all and i can keep very steady. After you register, take off the tie and just re-register after you loosen it because this happens to me alot still, after i loosen the tie the vein moves down and the needle slips out so just push down a bit and pull back slightly until you see blood. Then when your finally in and pushing in the solution, re-check a couple times during the process to make sure your still in the vein. GL be safe.
Swellin has GREAT tips. I add mine: Take a hot shower first. Make sure you are very well hydrated, drink lots of water or Gatorade or whatever - just not caffeinated bevs - they make you pee too much. You want fat juicy veins from being well hydrated.
Calm yourself when you tie off for that in the elbow crease vein. Try really hard to relax - imagery, progressive relaxation. Practice slow deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth - taking a little extra time to relax before you hit the vein just right will pay off big time.
Be careful when you pull back to register, because that's the time lots of us loose the vein. You want to be certain you're ONLY pulling/pushing the plunger - not the barrel of the syringe & the needle.
I hope you have success and fun!

Vico-Dan
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Three more Dillies wasted by my inability to find a vein.

When I had some blood work done last year, the Phlebotomest had trouble finding a vein as well and she had to use one on the top of my left hand and it took her a few tries and left me bruised and sore.

I just don't have many visible, accessible veins.

Damn, this is really pissing me off.

I have a nice, fat vein on the top of my right foot and one on the top of my left foot as well, but I've heard that it's not wise to use those.

Is that correct?

Swellin
04-13-2010, 09:21 PM
It shouldn't matter that they aren't visible, i have the absolute worst veins in the world and if i can hit on a daily basis so you can you. Once when i broke my arm and i once getting prepped for surgery the nurse trying to put my iv in had to hit me about 14 times before she found my vein this was when i was a kid. Dont use your foot you don't need to.

What gauge is the syringe your using? The first time i started i remember it took me an hour to find a vein, and took about 20 pricks. Then though out the month i would find the vein, push some in, the slip out and have to drink the shot. Lying down has helped me 100% because its near impossible for my hands to slip or shake and let the needle slip out. Also take your pin fill it with water and find a vein you can easily get into, once in the skin pull back a bit to create a vacuum so as soon as you go into a vein blood will shoot into the pin automatically. Once you find that spot try again with out using the suction method and just practice a couple times. Then wait a bit for the bleeding to stop and use the real shot. Patience is really key here, don't get frustrated like my and start jabbing your self like a mad man. Try the crook of the elbow that has been by far my best spot, its my left arm there is a massive vein there and its super easy to hit.

Vico-Dan
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
It shouldn't matter that they aren't visible, i have the absolute worst veins in the world and if i can hit on a daily basis so you can you. Once when i broke my arm and i once getting prepped for surgery the nurse trying to put my iv in had to hit me about 14 times before she found my vein this was when i was a kid. Dont use your foot you don't need to.

What gauge is the syringe your using? The first time i started i remember it took me an hour to find a vein, and took about 20 pricks. Then though out the month i would find the vein, push some in, the slip out and have to drink the shot. Lying down has helped me 100% because its near impossible for my hands to slip or shake and let the needle slip out. Also take your pin fill it with water and find a vein you can easily get into, once in the skin pull back a bit to create a vacuum so as soon as you go into a vein blood will shoot into the pin automatically. Once you find that spot try again with out using the suction method and just practice a couple times. Then wait a bit for the bleeding to stop and use the real shot. Patience is really key here, don't get frustrated like my and start jabbing your self like a mad man. Try the crook of the elbow that has been by far my best spot, its my left arm there is a massive vein there and its super easy to hit.

I'm using 28 gauge, 1/2", 1ml/100 unit pins. They are "Exel" brand that I purchased online.
About $20.00 for a box of 100

If I can't find a vein within 3 or 4 pokes, I use a new needle as after that many tries, they don't penetrate the skin as easily and tend to leave more bruising, so I try to use a new, sharp needle as often as possible as I have a lot of needles and don't IV drugs very often.

The "crook of the arm" vein just isn't visible in my case.
Even with an LED Flashlight, those "crook of the arm" veins look to be about half the diameter of my 28 gauge needle.

Even the Phlebotomist had to use the top of my hand veins to draw blood from me and it took her several pokes to find a vein which left my hand bruised and sore.

Also, it's hard for me to pull back on the plunger in an attempt to observe the plume of blood to see if I'm in the vein using just one hand.

I even tried inserting the needle and then taping it to my arm so it would stay stationary so I could then pull back the plunger to check for the plume of blood to see if I'm in the vein.

I've tried everything - hot baths, swinging the arm in a circular motion, lifting weights, tying off with surgical tubing, using a strong LED flashlight to find veins, etc...

I'm pissed off because I had #30 M4's yesterday and have about 15 of them left and I end up snorting the IV mixture because I can't hit a vein.

I plan on getting on Subs in the next couple of weeks or so, so this is probably my last time I'll have Dilaudid scripted to me and just want to enjoy what many opiate users describe as the ultimate opiate high.

I went thru the same thing with my previous script of Dillies a few months ago - wasted them all trying to hit a vein.

What about those big, fat, juicy veins on the top of my feet?

No good?

I could hit those fuckers blindfolded and in my sleep.

Swellin
04-14-2010, 12:13 AM
You can hit them, i never have so im not sure what would happen if you missed but i hear its painful. The very best vein i have is my the top of my left hand i would keep trying with that one, mine is in the middle of my index and middle finger. Lie down and insert pin at a 45 angle i think that's about right, all four of your fingers should be wrapped around the barrel, so when its in your can use your index finger and thumb to pull back. You don't even need to pull back very much if you just pull back very slightly and its in the vein you should see blood start to seep into the barrel, get a lamp and put it behind you so you can see the barrel clearly, i don't even see big plumes of blood anymore because i just pull back gently and wait for the blood to pool at the bottom of the barrel. Also another way to make it easier to pull back is don't use so much liquid so the end of the plunger is closer to your fingers, Practice pulling back with one hand its pretty easy once you get it down. And ive said it twice but lying down makes that so much easier.

1 more thing, the crook of my elbow i cant see the vein AT ALL, not with a flash light nothing, but when i swing my arms back and forth for a bit and tighten the tie very quickly you can feel a squishy bump that's the vein. Oh yea with your hands a major problem could be your veins are rolling, i had that bad with my right hand, also a 28g should be able to hit pretty much any vein with out a problem. I was hitting my hand vein with a 25 g before they are bigger then they look. Another big vein spot is on the side of your arm, follow your thumb down after you have tightened the tie, you should see that sucker bulge out. Best veins for me, Hands then crook of the elbow, then side of wrists/arm. If you got msn send me it in a visitor message i might be able to help out more there.

Vico-Dan
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Can you see this pic:

https://qsw7ng.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcMY_xyT0Fv2Zlzle-couiNtra4jCgKPbnjQtD96QlW4UZxin5S1wldTKY1YHg-NuKsr30gnT9ZWTxVh9Id3BsCUxrvTLiAaV/IMG_0377.jpg

That's what a "miss" looks like as the mixture of drugs/water that was in the barrel pools up under the skin.

I'm going to give it a rest for a while as I'm just wasting the last of my Dilaudid.

I think my last shot went thru the vein as I got the plume of blood, but when I pushed the plunger in, I might have also pushed the needle in a little bit as well and went thru the vein.

The skin from my last shot looks similar to this pic as it is raised up and slightly puffy, as if there is a liquid solution under the skin which again leads me to believe I went thru the vein when I pushed down on the plunger, only this was in the crook of my right arm where I can see the vein with an LED flashlight, and when I pull the needle out, I get some blood leaking from the pinhole which I don't get when I don't catch a vein.

Thanks for all your advice and help and to all who responded.

underide
04-14-2010, 01:17 AM
["FUCK! Why can't I find a damn vein?"

easy to be wise(er) in hindsight, but maybe that's a good thing in the long-run..
in fact i'm sure it most likely is much better that you just cannot ever find any vein to hit again - leave it to the docs if it comes to it

BUT- i'm certainly not one to preach or push over-washed-up morals ( healthy though they *might* or might-not be)

took me a while to realize that i did indeed have a rather gripping needle fixation, however, from what i read my fixation was by far not the most desperate compared to at least some of the folks who had shared their experience for that ol' needle-scratching-ITCH

People were posting that sometimes when no dope or coke, or anything that makes any shooting worth the trouble available, they would shoot up vodka or even just plain water...
Never really got THAT bad in my case
But it was pretty bad nonetheless...

Having tried coke IV - just could never EVER go back to sniffing it again
Same with dope obviously, but dope habit of mine was started with an IV shot, so it was a done-deal i reckon

After years of poking around and having fucked up most of my veins - i'm rarely banging anything anymore, especially over the past few months
Haven't touched H in a LOOONG time either..stayed away from coke for a good while too

And overall - just drastically reduced the frequency of injecting anything, including stims
Not that it made me any healthier - in fact - still seem to be deteriorating rather than improving, but that's my own problems and a whole other story

As of late 9past 2-3 months or so i have just been huffing, sniffing and blowing my nose all over town on this crazy-shit nose candy that you can get quite easily and legally...pretty potent shit - doesn't dissolve in water fully though, and had i been banging it instead of snorting it, something tells me i wouldn't have lasted long at all

ah well - just my rusty 2 pennies - maybe a good thing, like i say??

Vico-Dan
04-14-2010, 03:05 AM
The problem is that Dilaudids aren't worth a damn unless they are banged, and they don't exactly grow on trees if you know what I mean.

My Dr. scripts me 30 of them every 3 months or so in addition to the Norco.

The Dilaudid is for "breakthrough" pain, so like I said, I don't get them very often and I don't IV any other drugs and would like to enjoy the rush of IV'd Dillies just once in my life, as I've heard it is the ultimate opiate rush.

I'm also getting on Suboxone/Subutex in the next few weeks, so this is my "last hurrah" so to speak, and I've already wasted many of the Dillies trying to IV them already.

Out of 30 Dillies, I just want to get off one or two good shots to get a nice, warm, opiate rush/glow before I get off opiates and get on subs.

Vico-Dan
04-14-2010, 03:59 AM
The hell with it - I'm going to hit that big, fat vein on the top of my left foot tomorrow.

It's not like I'm shooting street dope that's unclean and cut with who knows what.

These are pharmaceutical grade pills and they will be double filtered before being injected, with clean works and the injection site will be swabbed with alcohol and then a band-aid will be applied.

I'm tired of wasting the last of my Dillies and turning myself into a pin cushion and wasting my dope trying to hit a vein.

Thanks again to all who replied for your help and suggestions.

Swellin
04-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Just me 100% sure your in the vein, i would re-check like 4 times while pushing to make sure you still in. It will probably hurt like a bitch if you miss, and use a warm compress afterward even if you don't miss just to be sure. I doubt you will get seriously injured even if you miss just once. I would still try the hand if your nurse can hit it you can too. Veins can be really deep even if they look shallow, im sure your already doing it, but push the pin in all the way if you have to, just go real slow and if it hurts or you get an electricity feeling you've gone to deep and pull out. Patience is the key here, try sitting by a fire place if you have one for 15minutes that will get your veins popping out.

ceaser
03-05-2014, 11:23 PM
I have mighty ropes the ladies envy :D

normus420
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
great addition to this thread. bravo

dizzle
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
LISTEN MAN!!! If you hit the vein in the foot. DO NOT FUCKING MISS!!!!!!!!!

If you hit anywhere in the foot, or below the waist for that matter, push nice and slow, and re-register several times.

then once you've got the plunger all the way down, and I know this sounds crazy, but flip up your leg in the air, so it's above your body. This will help keep the valves in the veins working properly and get more of the solution to your brain and not lost in the interstitial tissue. Trust me. It looks stupid as hell but will keep your veins alive......

good luck, and did I say DONT FUCKING MISS

Chipper
03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
the topic is current but the thread is old - ceaser brought back it to life.

i haven't had to move to my feet but cannot rule it out.

having a decent tie and using it correctly is the key to my hit rate - still shootin' at 52 ... makes me a proud junkie, hehe

[i sure hope the OP sorted it because it's been a few years ...]

Tea Time
03-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Man I love it when threads get necro'd for no fucking reason at all...

But I guess since we've already dug this rotting corpse up, one of the most important things you can do is stay hydrated. Most people do not stay properly hydrated, and junkies are even worse about it usually. You will be surprised at how much easier it is to fix when you're hydrated.

Also, as much as most people hate to hear it, a little exercise is amazing for bringing those veins up to the surface.

Dutch
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
What is the big deal about hitting ur feet? I did that for a looong time. Actually enjoyed the somewhat delayed reaction. Never had any problems with it. Does kinda hurt tho but whatever.

Fat Pie
03-06-2014, 05:08 PM
LISTEN MAN!!! If you hit the vein in the foot. DO NOT FUCKING MISS!!!!!!!!!

If you hit anywhere in the foot, or below the waist for that matter, push nice and slow, and re-register several times.

then once you've got the plunger all the way down, and I know this sounds crazy, but flip up your leg in the air, so it's above your body. This will help keep the valves in the veins working properly and get more of the solution to your brain and not lost in the interstitial tissue. Trust me. It looks stupid as hell but will keep your veins alive......

good luck, and did I say DONT FUCKING MISS

Yeah, leg veins are a totally different ball game from arm veins.

The best advice I've ever been given was rotate, rotate, rotate. You also need to check to make sure it's going in, any pain or swelling is usually a sign of a miss. The veins around the hand can be small and fiddly, and you can miss without planning to from a seemingly perfect vantage point. This is especially true when you have to keep the needle balanced without going down the full length of the shaft. The arms are better. Even if you can't see the veins, they are there, and tend to be more sturdy when it comes to injecting.

You're also using 1/2" needles. I use 5/8", smaller is better when it comes to veins IME (but not too small).

What about those big, fat, juicy veins on the top of my feet?

No good?

I could hit those fuckers blindfolded and in my sleep.

There's a big difference between a vein that looks good and a vein that is good. IME, those feet veins look tempting, but aren't great for IVing, and you're messing around in an area with less circulation that your arms and hands.

I've been able to make the legs work, but the feet veins are just too close to the surface of the skin, so any inaccuracy will send the needle right through them.

It's not like I'm shooting street dope that's unclean and cut with who knows what.

These are pharmaceutical grade pills and they will be double filtered before being injected, with clean works and the injection site will be swabbed with alcohol and then a band-aid will be applied.

Never found anything in unclean street dope that caused me problems. It's not like they cut it with rat poison. You just boil and filter, same as any other shot.

Shooting anything that wasn't designed to be shot is going to be risky, especially if you miss. If I wasn't hooked on the needle I would've given that shit up by now, it's more trouble than it's worth.

candy
03-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Man I love it when threads get necro'd for no fucking reason at all...

But I guess since we've already dug this rotting corpse up, one of the most important things you can do is stay hydrated. Most people do not stay properly hydrated, and junkies are even worse about it usually. You will be surprised at how much easier it is to fix when you're hydrated.

Also, as much as most people hate to hear it, a little exercise is amazing for bringing those veins up to the surface.

Yes, this is a big one. He is absolutely correct.
Also do something to get your blood pumping. Take a brisk walk, do some push ups, jump around, anything to get your circulation going.
Warm compress or a hot shower is good as well.
If you do miss, take care of it right away by applying a warm compress to help increase circulation to the area where the solution will be absorbed much faster and less chance of infection.
Blown vein, apply ice.

Use a tourniquet.

Chipper
03-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Candy, DO misses actually get into your blood ?

nobody can agree; some say YES it does get in eventually and others say NO, it's called a miss for a reason.

what say you ?

chemicalchart
04-20-2014, 07:59 PM
I suddenly can't hit it sideways. All my veins are hiding somewhere. Just a month ago they were elephant veins. That's okay. I have all the time in the world.

And I'm using wheel filters. I love those fuckers. But yeah, It's 5 or 6 tries and then I squirt it up my nose, sans needle. Couldn't even get a register. Weird.

Makes me miss binkies.

Der Alte Krieger
04-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Makes me miss binkies.

Just out of curiosity, what size needles are you using?

I have trouble hitting sideways, nowdays, too.

Do you tap the rig in like a binky?

I have discovered that binky's wont work with smaller than about a 27 GA needle, the pacifier wont pull a shot up through the cotton and it would take forever to push the shot in.

I used to use mostly 26's and in the main shooting areas of my arms there was a band of scar tissue around my veins that I could tap the point into and through and then angle the rig down a little and withdraw u ntill I could feel it click when it would come back into the vien and automaticly register. That was an easy way to shoot up.

lorcetman
04-20-2014, 10:20 PM
If u had one of those foot long porn dicks u see that has all those big veins running everywhere like a road map u would never run out of veins or miss.

Thats all i got since i dont iv.

Comedy session over

Duckfeet
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Yeah, once veins are gone, for me, they never come back...and none of the alternatives are ever quite as good as mainlining. Knowledge of jailhouse foreplay, however, turns out to be useful.

chemicalchart
04-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, what size needles are you using?

I have trouble hitting sideways, nowdays, too.

Do you tap the rig in like a binky?

I have discovered that binky's wont work with smaller than about a 27 GA needle, the pacifier wont pull a shot up through the cotton and it would take forever to push the shot in.

I used to use mostly 26's and in the main shooting areas of my arms there was a band of scar tissue around my veins that I could tap the point into and through and then angle the rig down a little and withdraw u ntill I could feel it click when it would come back into the vien and automaticly register. That was an easy way to shoot up.

I have insulin 1cc 29GX1/2 AND Terumos 3cc 25Gx5/8. I was striking out with the insulin syringes. I think I'll go with the big guns instead since they veins are being shy. The binkie will be the last resort.

No, I don't binkie tap. I slip it in at a 30 degree angle like always. Maybe one tap when I feel the vein. I usually hit it BANG, register and go, pause, register, then finish. But lately no go. I know exactly where the vein is. I think I might have blown it.

Oh well, if she don't want me, I know her sister will. I've been doing a lot of Gaba to detox off insufflated generic oxymorphone. Today was the last day so I'm going to wait and see if any thing changes. I was banging IR oxymorphone with no problem at all. Now that I have these Kadians it's just heartbreak.

EDIT: It's not a matter of life or death. I use kratom to stay well and take little vacations every little whip stitch. Just pisses me off. Maybe I'll try that laying on my stomach with a pillow in my chest to steady my old hands.

underide
04-21-2014, 12:40 AM
to whoever mentioned dick shots -
terrible advice, mate.
Fyi - shooting into a dick ( no matter how big I'm sure) just plain don't work.
all you end up with is a swollen bruised-up horrendous looking monstrosity that in the best case scenario will just look ugly for a week or so.
and in the worst -the site might turn sceptic and away with your schlong they go.
Seriously -no dick shots! EVER!

candy
04-21-2014, 02:05 AM
Candy, DO misses actually get into your blood ?

nobody can agree; some say YES it does get in eventually and others say NO, it's called a miss for a reason.

what say you ?

I just saw this Chipper. I can answer that.

I would say yes, what passes in the tissues. The fluid is injected into that layer of fat between the layers of skin and muscle. There is not much blood flow is fatty tissues, so Sub Q injections are great for drugs given once a day or a few times a day. It will show up in the blood if tested for.

If you miss, don't just inject the fluids into the skin at the injection site. Most of us use a different angle to inject and if you do miss and just inject into those tissues, you are increasing your chance for infection.
Always put heat on a missed shot. And if after a few days it hurts, is red, and is swollen, get to an ER right away.
No home treatment. That is a huge mistake to push some pin into an abscess or even any sharp instrument to open it up. You are forcing the infection further into the tissues, making it harder to treat. I know there are those lucky enough to not get sicker, but why chance it, especially if it looks bad.

Go to the ER and if you have to deal with some shit, it is better than a home remedy and the possibility of making it worse. At least visit an Urgent Care. They can lance it and swab it for treatment with antibiotics or whatever else has grown in there. Believe me, they have heard it all before and any excuse you try to use if going to fall on deaf ears. It is not hard to spot someone who uses, especially the IV route.
But, that gives no one the right to act like an asshole, especially a healthcare professional.
You have to make sure to take care of an infection before it really gets out of hand.

A miss- Use heat
A blown vein- Use cool.

If you think you have an abscess beginning, make sure to apply heat to the area at least 4 times a day for no longer than 20 minutes.

If you want to try and find veins:
-Get and stay hydrated.
-Exercise before injecting
-A nice warm shower (have your shot ready to go!)
-Make sure you are not rushed or in a place where someone might wonder what you are doing. You don't want to feel rushed or have people pestering you to get out of the bathroom. If you don't live alone, plan injection times when you think you will be alone. Getting yourself anxious can cause your veins to disappear really fast.
-Use alcohol wipes. It makes feeling a vein easier as well as clean the site.

I know it can be really hard to hold off on that morning shot, but if you can wait a few hours, your blood pressure will be higher and therefor the possibility of finding veins. If you have bad veins, those morning shots are not the best time to inject. Better to hold off, than to poke and possibly blow a good vein that you could of used if you had waited.

Sorry I am just rambling on. I do that when I am stoned and today is no different.
I just hope that the information and things I post here are helpful to you guys. I do tend to get wordy when I am stoned.
and I am always around, so if you have something you want to discuss, please send me a message.

Make sure you are not using dull needles. The start to dull after the first use, so be careful how many times you poke with one rig and if you can,
make that only a few times.

I only have to say one more thing and that is; Eventually, you will have no place left to inject. Depending on how brave you are injecting in certain areas, people really get screwed once they have nothing in the hands and arms.
Preventing infection will also save your veins. Wash your hands really well before injecting and clean your equipment pretty regularly.

I hope this helps you. Good luck and maybe start thinking of another route of administration.

Chipper
04-21-2014, 04:21 AM
thanks candy !

i have only ever had one shot go bad so i must be doing something right.

i use the light and look for vein shadows under pressure - works well but requires much repositioning.

i alternate sides too.

i am running very low on options ... but you get that.

dougrounds
04-21-2014, 04:47 AM
I don't know any IV users so I'm here asking for more hints like I did last time I had Dillies.

I plan to go on Subs pretty soon and would like to experience the joy of injecting Dillies before I do and I don't want to waste them like I did last time by snorting them and by trying to inject them into non-cooperative veins.

I've got everything down, except the part about finding a vein to inject.

It's frustrating, as I used to have some bulging mofo veins when I was young and thin, but now that I'm older and have a layer of fat, the veins are hiding. (Except for the big veins in my Dong. Did I mention those already? :D)

That and the fact that I'm trying to do this by myself makes it tougher, although again, I'm not soliciting for an IV partner/buddy.

I just want to inject these last few Dillies I have before going on Subs, and to not snort them up while trying to figure out how to IV them like last time.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Many times I find that when hitting veins in a spot like your hands or wrist, it is beneficial to release the tie after registering but before administering. Without a whole lot of space for the solution in your outfit to go, I find that failing to release the tie leads to 'bursts'

does that make sense? I know staying in the vein after releasing the tie can be tricky... but i have done a shot in this area without releasing it.... halfway through, the plunger became harder to push, then BAM!! i blew that shit out.

I remember it vividly, as there was some meth mixed in with that one. probably a .3 BTH and a .2 of speed.

BURNED LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. my hand was fucked up, huge, and swollen as hell for a day or so. it was bad

Chipper
04-21-2014, 05:40 AM
true but if you keep a *little* back pressure up, it's a good compromise.

under-wrist shots are notorious for burning when shooting meth, it's normal.

Zoops
04-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Just get a dumbbell and pump up your muscles for a few reps, repeat as necessary until you get a good pump going. Works for ladies too. The best way to get your veins to pop, in my experience. Also, stay plenny hydrated.

And the OP said he "drew up 70ml of water" Bullshit. That's 0.7ml. 70ml is like two ounces, plus.

Can't stand it when people think each gradation on a 1ml syringe is "1ml" or "1cc"

For the record, people:

1ml=1cc=0.001 litre.
(that's 1 cubic centimetre of water, because the density is 1g/cc and 1,000cc of WATER but most of the time it's not an issue, between ml/cc conversions)