PDA

View Full Version : best method for crushing pills

909kick
04-06-2010, 10:08 PM
well the other night i was crushing a pill n a stericup with the little plastic handle they come with. i thought there has to be a better way i was thinking a small stainless steel mortar and pastle they can be easily sanitized/cleaned. my other thought was it could be tricky to get all the powder into the stericup without wasting the bit on the surface of the mortar/past.... anyone have proven methods that are sanitary and grind pills into a fine powder?

Chipper
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I use a makeshift mortar and pestle; I alcohol-swab each component.

I use an egg holder for the base and a kitchen appliance with a rounded end to crush and stir.

But sometimes I use two swabbed spoons and crush the pills between them as I grind.

909kick
04-06-2010, 10:46 PM
yea there just is't a easy santary way i think im gonna go with a very small stainless steel mortar/pastle seems like a easy thing to clean just hard to get the product out without leaving some of the valuables behind.

roxi*stardust
04-06-2010, 11:46 PM
well the other night i was crushing a pill n a stericup with the little plastic handle they come with. i thought there has to be a better way i was thinking a small stainless steel mortar and pastle they can be easily sanitized/cleaned. my other thought was it could be tricky to get all the powder into the stericup without wasting the bit on the surface of the mortar/past.... anyone have proven methods that are sanitary and grind pills into a fine powder?

What type of pills are you crushing? The absolute BEST thing I have found for reducing OCs to a beautiful fine powder is this:http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/vivigump/opios/tools.jpg

They seem to work best on OCs but you can grind down any pill with them. Just loosen the screw, unravel it, and turn it inside out

blackwrx
04-07-2010, 12:28 AM
mortar and pestle is the best way...glass or metal is the best. if you have a ceramic one you can eventually collect the residue and get a bit high. but seriously dont use a hose clamp if you have a mortar and pestle. Whenever i used a hose clamp it took like 15 mins to get a semi fine power..with a mortar and pestle it takes 30 seconds to get a powder that is fine as it gets.

on another note..the ceramic mortar and pestles seem to grind finer than metal or glass.

wisegal
04-07-2010, 12:38 AM
I'm pretty sure you're asking because u shoot the pills, right? Just think that cause u wanted it to be as sanitary as possible.

I always just use a durable card like a credit card but without numbers imprinted...like my student ID - and it works perfectly for me! every time!

shoybs
04-07-2010, 01:10 AM
These work pretty well...

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae313/shoybs/MeshStrainer_lg.jpg

roxi*stardust
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
mortar and pestle is the best way...glass or metal is the best. if you have a ceramic one you can eventually collect the residue and get a bit high. but seriously dont use a hose clamp if you have a mortar and pestle. Whenever i used a hose clamp it took like 15 mins to get a semi fine power..with a mortar and pestle it takes 30 seconds to get a powder that is fine as it gets.

on another note..the ceramic mortar and pestles seem to grind finer than metal or glass.

If it is taking you 15 minutes to get a semi-fine powder using a hose clamp, there is something wrong.

Using a hose clamp, it takes my friend between 3 and 5 minutes to grind an entire OC 80 down into the finest powder you can imagine. The powder is so super fine that there is, literally, 2-3X more powder than there is when you just crush it and sand it down with a card and bill.

You are turning it inside out and using the inside to do it aren't you? Because that's where the sharp edges are.

upstate_007
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
If it is taking you 15 minutes to get a semi-fine powder using a hose clamp, there is something wrong.

Using a hose clamp, it takes my friend between 3 and 5 minutes to grind an entire OC 80 down into the finest powder you can imagine. The powder is so super fine that there is, literally, 2-3X more powder than there is when you just crush it and sand it down with a card and bill.

You are turning it inside out and using the inside to do it aren't you? Because that's where the sharp edges are.

I agree completely.

Hose clamps work like a champ as long as you use them correctly. They also do the job quicker than other methods I have tried.

If I was crushing them for IV, I might use a more sterile method.

oxy kid
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Hose clamp is where its at...SWIM used to do the ole spoon to plate method, and has much better results with the hose clamp.

Metrik
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Hose clamp is where its at! i find the smaller ones are sharper and grind much faster takes me maybe 2 mins to grind down an entire 80

909kick
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
so u guys use it like a cheese gratter? i guess dipping it in some iso would sanitize it well

maycausedrowsiness
04-07-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/images/fs/large/5042805044.jpg

If you have a CVS near you, this is the end all be all of pill shavers.

It is a foot care callous remover, basically a cheese grater for your feet. Strip the metal shaver away from the handle and throw the handle in the trash. You will be left with the metal shaver. Hold it by the edge, and grind your pill of choice on top of it just like a cheese grater/host clamp.

Some powder will fall through, the majority of it will rest on top of the shaver, just give it a tap once in a while to get it off. It's not rocket science, you'll get it.

This shaver is BY FAR superior to the hose clamp. The hose clamp used to give me "stringy" pieces that were the size of the rectangular holes in the hose clamp. This shaver produces the finest powder possible, and I agree that it yields about 2-3x more powder than crushing it in a bill. It's so damn fluffy.

$2.99 at CVS

Anybody else use this?

roxi*stardust
04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
so u guys use it like a cheese gratter? i guess dipping it in some iso would sanitize it well

EXACTLY

I think I can dig up a brief tutorial even

ph_
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
lmao a callous remover that's a first.. i imagine it works quite well though!

back when i was into pills i too used the hose clamp. worked real well until you've got little left to grind and ya start grinding away your fingers :rolleyes: what a ritual sucking that coating off and grinding away became..

michellebaines
04-08-2010, 03:27 AM
I use a mortar & pestle style pill crusher purchased from the drug store. To remove pill residue I rinse the inside with the same water I'm using to prep my shot.

opi8
04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
i use a hose clamp always but one of my friends gf's took a grinder used for shaving nuts or something from her mom (a chef) and it seriously EATS 80's. grinds down a full 80 in less than a minute to super fine pow pow

909kick
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
i just watched a commercail for the slap shot that food chopper with that funny guy selling it i thought smaller versionof that with tighter blades would be perfect. i think i am gonna look into that foot care item though although i think a glass mortar and pestle would be the most sanitary.

shoybs
04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Anyone know how well those automatic/power pill crushers work?

http://www.techforltc.org/ltc.cfm?pageid=157&product=4543&careissue=2511

oxy kid
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Just some fantasy talk, but how awesome would it be to throw about 50 80's in a blender or coffee grinder and just grinding them up....I bet that would be a lot of powder....good stuff.

I'm still going with hose clamp.

909kick
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
it would be hard to tell how much weight your working with unless you weigh it that part would suck

Uncle Wiggly
04-09-2010, 12:20 AM
it would be hard to tell how much weight your working with unless you weigh it

<Scratching head> :D :p :D

909kick
04-09-2010, 02:53 AM
just saying theres more there can go wrong in a process that already gets messy i know it sounds dumb

gfiendn
07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
i use a hose clamp always but one of my friends gf's took a grinder used for shaving nuts or something from her mom (a chef) and it seriously EATS 80's. grinds down a full 80 in less than a minute to super fine pow pow

http://0.tqn.com/d/easteuropeanfood/1/0/8/0/-/-/microplane1.jpg
It's called a microplane

Opiofreq
07-25-2010, 07:26 PM

Whoa!!!!

I'm not shaving my nuts with a grinder:)

Whatever works for you though:cool:

mainline
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.zalmo.com/ped/PedEgg5.jpg

ped egg works amazing. the bottom comes off btw. and if your snort your pills, leave the bottom on and take the top off and snort from the bottom holder part.

KingPhillip
07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
A hose clamp turns them into a thing of beauty but I have no patience. Maybe halfway thourgh whatever is getting grinded I just grab my knife and crush the sucker up.

pullmyhair
07-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I can't believe no one mention a pill crusher from the pharmacy. Its kind of like a mortar and pestal. You just throw your pill in, screw down the lid, then unscrew and you've got a fine powder. A little residue builds up over time, but its pretty insignificant. They're like maybe $5. You could probably even find one at the dollar store. Way better than any sort of shaver, and there is no way to lose any of the powder. Oh and a lot of them have a compartment on the bottom to keep your pills in.

Hydrophoria
07-26-2010, 02:54 AM
it would be hard to tell how much weight your working with unless you weigh it that part would suck

An 80 mg Purdue OC weighs 234 mg's, so on a scale commonly used to weigh weed it would weigh 0.2 grams. But on a scale commonly used for coke you could easily target in on the exact weight of the powder. Ahhhh how glorious it would be to have 50 freshly ground 80's lying before you..... :D
Makes me drool! Haha. I've always thought that having a little baggie (like a coke baggie) filled up with oxy powder would be a much cooler way to carry your opies, instead of having to deal with breakdowns and shit, especially if your in a situation that isnt drug friendly, you can just "go to the bathroom" break out your baggy on the sink, turn the faucet on to cover noise, and sniff away!

For instance have any of you guys heard of those "Snuff Bullets" that they sell in head shops? They're supposedly for insuffalated tobacco but of course they are made with cocaine on the mind.... But they work wonders for OC's as well. I grind up 2 or 3 80's, put them in the little glass jar, screw it on and every time I need a line I just twist the handle on the bullet and it pulls up a measured dose (and a hefty one at that) and then you just put it to your nose and inhale like you would with one of those Vicks Vapor Inhalers. Awesome invention, IMO.;)

irish
07-26-2010, 03:51 AM
I have a stainless steel mortar and pestle, though i rarely use it these days as it is pretty bulky. What I find works very well for me is a folded piece of plastic(like a cut-down overhead transparecy), place the pill inside the folded plastic, and use a bic lighter to crush the pill. Comes out as a very fine powder, and is easy to clean and transport.

fizzled428
07-26-2010, 05:44 AM
If you wanna be real cheap and simliar results to a grinder a use a screw :D I know I didn't believe it at

first but it works for the fine powder effect. You could also sanitize is with some iso if you have too.

The_Chef
07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I've always just used the side of a lighter.

ausativa
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
i use one of those pill crushers from walgreens. works fine for me and the fluffiness doesnt really matter because i bang shit so.. yeah.. pill crushershttp://www.myhealthysupplyshop.com/images/healing/640-5439-0000%20Pill%20Crusher.jpgi like how they took the picture with m&m's

SusieQ
07-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Heard of the Ped Egg?? The refill for them is great. It ensures all your goodies don't go everywhere. They stay contained right underneath the file, which has a plastic rim all the way around, about an inch high. Much easier than a hose clamp I think. The end result is the same though. :)

biggermuscles
07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
AM I the ONLY gettto White trash person on here...

OKay 2 dollar bills.. While driving one rolled up and stuffed in heater vert to have easy access... The second dollar bill folded in half the long way? Scratch tix works also get creative while on the road!!! Take pills put in fold on bill .. Place bill against car window take cell phone smash bill against window... Prefect fine powder every time.. Take already rolled up bill steer with knee snort.. The whole process NO LIE> takes me like 10 ..15 seconds...

I know I KNOW dollar bills are dirty.. Black men who touch there penis's touched them ( thats wut my mom used to tell me) Haaaa anywho... You ppl think injceting heroin that was transported up Shahieeen ass from Iran to USA is much cleaner ... Pffffff Gimme a break... Until i get a infection from dirty money thats my dealy YOOO

Be safe ,, Opio Family

And mrs Grillo Wuts the deal.. Am in not cool NE more???