PDA

View Full Version : adderall & oxycodone?

wisegal
03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Hey All - a few questions that i hope i can get a few answers to...

Woke up this morning at about 9:00am. Snorted a 30mg oxycodone (my usual morning dose is 90-120mgs.) just to make sure i wouldnt feel sick.

about an hour later I orally took 40mgs. of adderall Immediate Release because I have company and a lot to do around the house and need the energy!

About a half hour ago I was no longer liking the way that the adderall felt, so I orally took 120mgs. of Oxycodone Immediate Release and I dont feel the oxy effects at all!

So this brings me to my first question:

I dont typically dose orally - i snort everything - so how long does oxycodone take to "kick in"? Has it just not been long enough yet or something?

Second:

I know i took a low dosage of adderall, but I also have no real tolerance to it. I do have a large tolerance to oxy.. so how much more is it safe for me to take? Should i even take more? isnt the combination some sort of a "speedball" (I remember the thread on here debating what a speedball actually consists of on here, I guess what I did is a "pharmball") and isnt that dangerous?

I also take 1-2mg. Klonopin daily... if that means anything. Thanks.

Thai_Stick
03-28-2010, 01:41 PM
You will feel a dose of that size. Depending on several factors, 30 minutes is right on the cusp of when you will feel it.

Depending on the speed of your g/i tract, what you've eaten, etc you will get results at varying times (obviously). I have no doubt that you will be feeling it after t+45:00. If not after 60:00 you might want to redose or declare a failure.

duck
03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
40mg IR is a LOW dose of adderall? That is a pretty big dose for me!!

HandMeSomeOpiates
03-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I take 60 mg Vyvanse and 30mg Norco together quite often and love the synergy of the 2 as I am not a fan of the nod. I think you'll feel something soon.

oxy kid
03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
40mg IR is a LOW dose of adderall? That is a pretty big dose for me!!

Thats what I was thinking. That's a pretty large dose. What were they? 2 20mg IR? I usually dont' take more than 15mgs in one dose and I take it 3-4 times a week.

OxyBlowBall2
03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
i know that since ive had my adderall back, 1 20mg xr a day ive had to take a larger dose of oxy to feel it better. i snorted 40mgs and felt okay but i had to do the other half to get to where i wanted to be. i notice this always happens when i take adderall.

wisegal
03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
i snorted a 30 and got a really nice glow and am feeling really good now... i guess the oxy just didnt kick in yet. Shortly after i posted i began feeling it.

Yes, i took #2 20mg IR pills this morning.. that is what my doctor prescribes to me daily. i thought it was low because i know someone who does 4 of those for recreation - but i could have done without the second pill because i didnt like the feeling. I dont care for anything uppers. Give me benzos, opiates, and weed :)

Thanks for the replies... think I'm gonna ditch the adderall in the future. Not fun to me. Just really needed the pep to get me up cleaning, cooking, being a good hostess.

oxy kid
03-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes, i took #2 20mg IR pills this morning.. that is what my doctor prescribes to me daily. i thought it was low because i know someone who does 4 of those for recreation - but i could have done without the second pill because i didnt like the feeling. I dont care for anything uppers. Give me benzos, opiates, and weed :)

I'm with you on that. I don't care a thing for the adderall that I get written to me. It makes me feel like garbage, but it does help me get things done. It will get the wheels moving if I have no motivation whatsoever.

Groggy
03-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Gotta love adderall , oxys , & xanax. the addys seem to accentuate the oxys for me. thinking about blowing off the opanas in favor of more roxis next refill. they act quicker as well as hit me with the love I need. but definitely keepin the addys round Oh yeah By the way reggae lovers check out Burro Banto; Clean Air Living, Millionaire, Badder Den Dem,Boom Wah Dis, Energy Banton just to name a few hot ones oh yeah check out Phenomenum 2 if you recognize the medication we dispense round 4:20

Papa Verine
03-30-2010, 10:31 AM
You're having too much fun wisegal, you're making me jealous...

The_Chef
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Yikes, 40 milligrams of Adderall would probably have me crawling on the ceiling with eyes bugged out like Peter Lorre.

Considering the fact that you only took enough Oxycodone to avoid sickness the Adderall might have been a bad idea as it can exacerbate stress and anxiety, meaning that it might allow some of the unpleasantries of early-stage withdrawal to sneak through in spite of the opiates.

cig3f
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey All - a few questions that i hope i can get a few answers to...

Woke up this morning at about 9:00am. Snorted a 30mg oxycodone (my usual morning dose is 90-120mgs.) just to make sure i wouldnt feel sick.

about an hour later I orally took 40mgs. of adderall Immediate Release because I have company and a lot to do around the house and need the energy!

About a half hour ago I was no longer liking the way that the adderall felt, so I orally took 120mgs. of Oxycodone Immediate Release and I dont feel the oxy effects at all!

So this brings me to my first question:

I dont typically dose orally - i snort everything - so how long does oxycodone take to "kick in"? Has it just not been long enough yet or something?

Second:

I know i took a low dosage of adderall, but I also have no real tolerance to it. I do have a large tolerance to oxy.. so how much more is it safe for me to take? Should i even take more? isnt the combination some sort of a "speedball" (I remember the thread on here debating what a speedball actually consists of on here, I guess what I did is a "pharmball") and isnt that dangerous?

I also take 1-2mg. Klonopin daily... if that means anything. Thanks.

hey WG-- Let's start with Klonopin. This is one of the longest-acting benzos. There are innumerable variables here person to person, but on average, I would think it would totally kill all Adderall effects for at least 1 day. For me, I need to be on the third day post Klonopin to get any good (high, chatty, racy) effects of Adderall. You can take huge piles of Adderall post Klonopin in the first day and get nothing.

You have quite an oxy tolerance. First and foremost, I would think since it is your second dose of the day, it is going to be weaker. Orally, the variables are many, such as previous dose timing, last meal, how much sleep you've had (go without sleep for 1-2 days and see how whacked you get on your normal oxy dose!), etc. Again, I think because it's your normal dose, and it's not the first, you're getting a delay. A meal can totally kill my normal dose as well for me.

As for the speedball, no, it's fine under the maximum prescribable daily doses (check the PDR, but it's different for everyone, especially due to tolerance and no theoretical maximum dose for agonist opioids). I would say the low risk threshhold for those without heart and breathing problems, and are relatively young might be, 100 mg oxy and 60 mg Adderall per day. Beyond that, if you're young and have no preexisting conditions, given these are pharmaceutical lab quality dope, and not intravenous, you are still rolling the dice with a low probability of risks. I certainly can't guarantee anything for anyone, but know your own body and limits, and titrate yourself upward and measure the side effects with proper literature like the PDR and any good doctor would do. When the costs outweigh the benefits, you've found your limit.

Epocrates doesn't even contraindicate Oxy and Adderall, and many doctors prescribe them together.

Good luck. Please don't snort any Adderall unless you like orange boogers. Also Oxy is best PO.

C

wisegal
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Considering the fact that you only took enough Oxycodone to avoid sickness the Adderall might have been a bad idea as it can exacerbate stress and anxiety, meaning that it might allow some of the unpleasantries of early-stage withdrawal to sneak through in spite of the opiates.

I think you are right because when i took my rocksies i felt soooooo much better! it was a wave of relief washing over me as stupid as that sounds :)