PDA

View Full Version : Uptight Pharmacists- Trying to Buy Syringes

Swellin
03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
I got a quick question but first i just want to explain whats been happening. I have bought syringes a total of about 4 times. The very first time i was in a Zellers and asked the lady if they sold them that was a mistake and she said no we don't and gave me a dirty look. So i head over to Safe Way asked if they had 29g he said no, but then said they had 25g to big but i bought some anyways. Those leave way to big of holes so the next day i went to a wall-mart asked for a 27g she was a very cute lady in her 30's she said they did not, but they had ten packs of 29g needles. She sold them to me with a big smile on her face and was very polite. So obviously im going to wall-mart the next time i need them. I go into wall mart last month asked for the exact same type i got last time, 29g 1cc short tip. This was a different lady, a much older one and she gave me the dirtiest fucking look you could imagine, i felt like i just got skull fucked by this lady. She hesitated but in the end she sold them to me. Now today i go into wall-mart i ask for 29g syringes 10pck and its a different lady again this time. I know for a fact that they have them there, she walks back to were they are and looks around for a second and comes back and flat out lies to my face and says they dont sell them. I knew it was bullshit but what could i do? So im standing there with a look of confusion on my face, and apparently her boss was about 5 ft from us and he over heard and told her "we do sell them, look they are right were you were just looking, we always sell them he says." She looks very pissed off that he is going to sell me to me, so i had a good laugh on the inside.

Anyways my question, does anyone know the laws for British Columbia, Canada in regards to selling needles? Im very young 21 while ive had a couple pharmacists lie to me, the majority seem to sell them to me even tho they may not be happy about it.

Sorry for the wall of text. Im just happy because for the past month ive been using really old shitty pins that are so old you can barley draw up the liquid anymore with out the syringe separating from the rubber lock inside the barrel.

Duckfeet
03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
I generally have 'a story', when I'm trying to get rigs in an area I'm unsure of...usually I say I have hepC, am taking interferon on some experimental study or another, and ran out of syringes...I used to say I was diabetic, but they actually can check most of this stuff now, and it's not their fucking business anyway to enforce their own morality on us...but that's basically what this is...another example of why the fiction "It's a disease," doesn't help us in the slightest when dealing with people like this...go ahead, try telling them "I need new syringes to treat my 'illness': addiction..." Make'em laugh...

chopstix
03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah, go in with a story, and the more confidence you portray, the more likely you are to get 'em without hassle, try to act like you're buying skittles or something.

I just walk up and say I need 10 1cc insulin syringes, the finest gauge they have - then they'll usually ask the length, I intentionally act slightly confused at this point (If I'm somewhere I know might hassle me) and say "well, they're for my cat and I don't usually buy them" - then depending on what I'm looking for, I might say "i think half an inch" or something suggestive of the length I want, or I might ask for a suggestion, but saying they're for my diabetic cat and my girlfriend is the one who usually buys them has only gotten me turned down once, in a state that it's perfectly legal to buy them in. Some people are just idiots and can't conceive "harm reduction" and think they're doing junkies a favor by not selling them rigs. Best thing to do is whack 'em over the head with something blunt and heavy, but you might get in trouble for that. Aside from that, just hit another pharmacy and you'll get the rigs..

I used to claim I was diabetic, but that frequently brings more questions than I wanna answer.. Best IMO to just play dumb..

nick
03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Needle exchange??

SHELLEY
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Needle exchange??

not everywhere

i never cared who refused to sell rigs or "gave a dirty look" who cares what some random pharmacist thinks
i just found the couple places who never gave me a problem and always bought my rigs there

Duckfeet
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Needle exchange?? I agree, for Harm Reduction's sake, it's the only compassionate option available...trouble is, it takes a bit of hassle, u know, finding out when xchange will be around--if it's available--and when to go there...
The one here is great, camper comes around 3 times a week for a few hours...but again, a junky when wanting to fix won't wait...nice people tho, and a little online search will let most people find out if their area has one...

irish
03-24-2010, 11:46 AM
My grandmother who passed away last year, had to take chloral hydrate liquid for sleep(they don't make the caps anymore). She was very forgetful with her meds, so I got her a locking motorized pill dispenser with an alarm for her pills and put the chloral hydrate in oral syringes, 10cc per night. One day I went to a pharma-plus store to get new ones because her pharmacy had run out. The pharmacist was a complete bitch, and refused to sell them to me. You can't even attach a needle to them! I don't know what the fuck she was thinking, so I went accross the street to the shopper's drug mart, and asked for 7 of them(a week's supply), and they gave them to me for free! I didn't even really have to explain the situation very much. I don't know what the other bitch was thinking.

seven10kids
03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
^^^ she thought you were going to put them in your butt

hero 1
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Hold onto the emty bag and when you go in ask if they have this type.They will be more inclined to sell them to you if you already have them. Not trying to preach but you should put that needle down and run as far and fast as you can from it. I love drugs and will never stop but imoe this r.o.a is a very quick trip down a harmful road. so step slowley and take care of yourself

PeachJam
03-26-2010, 06:29 PM
I only tried to buy them locally one time and I wont try again. Way easier online.
I was at Target, so asked for them and they asked if I had a script fro insulin. I said they were for my housebound neighbor who asked me to get them. They refused, said it was Target policy.

jimmyfingers
03-26-2010, 11:10 PM
I have had the best luck with WalMarts. They had one by my old college that would sell singles for .10 if their was already a box open. I live in Ga where it is legal for the pharmacist to sell needles w/o a script.
A majority of CVS and Walgreens have turned me down. Their is a local mom and pop in Atl that is pretty well known for selling needles and never turns you down. Walgreens made me sign some form as to what I was using them for and took my license and made a copy. I have never bought them from Target, always turned me down. I go in their and just ask exactly what I need. I don't go in with a story about my cat because most of the time they will either sell them or won't

I always say the best thing to do is order from the internet. Their are a million of places to buy them from and you can buy as many as you want and pick you brand and size. Order enough and you won't have to worry about buying them from a pharmacy for a long time. Getpinz.com ships them very discretely and GPS International is their shipping addy in case you live with your parents.

tui
03-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Needle exchange??

In nz we have an exchange in every city, and most have a dispensing machine for after hours.

In nyc i had a lot of trouble initially.

Found this one "unmarked white van" that would (supposedly) park up in a really out-of-the-way (subway-wise) not-the-best neighbourhood for two hours, twice a week. The hours and days were always changing. It was so damned erratic. I tried twice, and it didn't show.

Felt so dodgy... and silly... loitering around a street corner peering into the windows of white vans!!

"Er, sorry, just thought this was my friend's van."

Riiiiight.

Waving down white vans: "excuse me, are you the person... er... my friend... that I'm waiting for?"

(General responses included: :eek: :mad: :speechles )

And shit there were a lot of white vans :o

More Feen
03-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Please do not ever do the following:

* Get an empty bottle of insulin from a diabetic friend/family member, partially fill with water.

* Keep in pocket when attempting to purchase syringes from a pharmacy,

* If they refuse to sell to you, you can tell them that your blood sugar is sky-rocketing, and that you need a syringe to take your insulin (display bottle),

* You can make as big of a scene as you'd like, including fainting/convulsing, but you also run the risk of being taken away in an ambulance (or being given a real shot of insulin by the pair of medics (not good).

Again, don't ever do this.

M F

tui
03-27-2010, 12:22 AM
^^

Heheh you're fantastic at NOT giving advice morefeen :p

More Feen
03-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Of course the responsible thing to do would be to say absolutely nothing and go to sleep, but, that isn't terribly fun.

By adding the disclaimers, I can claim immunity--" Hey, I tolds them not to do such things!"

cheers,

M F

michellebaines
03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I guess I'm just really lucky. I have a prescription for syringes, (along with insulin) as I'm diabetic. I get more than enough of them to cover both my uses.

limitless_euphoria
03-27-2010, 10:37 AM
In Connecticut you CAN buy syringes and only at the discretion of the pharmacist but it is NOT easy. Most pharmacists will insist on seeing an Rx.

If you go to a place like Springfield, MA they ask no questions. It's pure harm reduction and it eliminates the cost of needle exchange programs I'd imagine.

methadoniac1972
03-27-2010, 11:37 AM
in NY no problem...harm reduction. I only once had a problem at a local chain rx. They are owned by a very large very catholic fam. They lied and said i needed a scrip, but you don't. they can ask for i.d. and write down your purchase info/name/add..etc...it is, however, the same book they write the sudafed/pseudo-ephedrine sales with. BIG problem...meth labs are /were big time and police oversight of all pseudo sales are closely monitorerd..and they will see your name/info in the same book (actually a steno-notebook handwritten) for rig purchase.....hmmmmm....not ilegal, but a cops mind has a tendency to wander and sometimes dots connect the dots...just sayin:rolleyes:

909kick
04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
in my area they are sold right on the shelves so anyone can buy them and just go to the cashierunless u need a big fat one for a im then u might have to ask

PeachJam
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
in my area they are sold right on the shelves so anyone can buy them and just go to the cashierunless u need a big fat one for a im then u might have to ask

See, its legal here too, so I wondered why dont they just put them on the shelf? You really think if people see they can buy syringes they are just gonna go start shooting up?

hero 1
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Thats what got me started a box of riggs on the shelf. When I was nine,I said to my self when I grow up Im gonna put them to use

Indy
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
See, its legal here too, so I wondered why dont they just put them on the shelf? You really think if people see they can buy syringes they are just gonna go start shooting up?

Probably cause people steal them.

bigfootlives
04-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Its totally legal and easy to get syringes in any pharmacy in Canada without any probklems

Swellin
04-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Im from Chilliwack bigfootlives, and for the most part ive had no problems getting them, never out right refused but a couple lying to me, Its mostly IMO because of how young i look, i look about 18-19 and am actually 22. To answer my own question i recently found a study on the morality of selling syringes in Kelowna B.C and what pharmacists think about harm reduction. Im not sure if the laws have changed since the study was done, but from what Ive read there is no law saying its legal or illegal to sell them, but what the college of pharmacist seem to agree on is its usually up the discretion of the pharmacy's policy, or the pharmacists selling them. They go on to say they urge the pharmacist to not let there moral or religious backgrounds get in the way and focus on harm reduction.

OpiumEyes
04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I can never get syringes from the chains like CVS and Wallgreens, even though I have a weekly prescribed injection (Enbrel) ergo, a medical reason for purchasing them. Not that they're always used in the prescribed ways :rolleyes:.
Luckily, I get extra glass rigs with the meds.
But I have good luck at Wallmart and the local mom and pops. Also, you can go to tractor supplies co. and other cattle/farm places and buy packs of barrels and and points without any hassle!

Indy
04-04-2010, 05:29 PM
You get glass rigs? Post pics! I know they're used in labs still, but I didn't think they were still used for medicine.

jdub
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
In SF its so easy. I would be pissed if I got denied. Sometimes they offer the red containers for the used ones. Worst thats ever happened is they handed me a flier with some numbers for treatment hotlines etc.

The one closest to me sucks because I always end up buying them from this hot little Filipino girl and I KNOW she KNOWS. She never looks disgusted, just disappointed. Makes me feel like shit.

909kick
04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
i had a young girl that always looked concerned and asked me if im ok blah blah blah i did't really care