PDA

View Full Version : Subutex Generic/ Monthly Charges/

Cobb
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Opiate Aficionados-

Today was my second appointment with my treatment doctor. I was given a drug test and passed it. Then, the doctor came in and told me I needed to start some type of counseling. I think this might just be because I'm court-ordered. He suggested Narcotics Anonymous- which I'm really not excited about. Seriously, all I've seen in NA the last several times is people whining and telling their stories.

But on to the topic at hand. My doctor give me my sixty Suboxone pills at my last visit. He told my mother (who is helping me with 50 percent of my bills) that he would always be able to give me my Suboxone pills at his office for seven dollars each and that his price is the cheapest in town. So, we obliged and decided to start getting the pills from him. Well, today- he write me a prescription- and my mother says "we are just going to get the pills from you." He then tells us that he doesn't have any pills at the office- and that he only has them from time to time. My mother was nervous at this point because the doctor told her that most pharmacy range from $10-$21 and that his seven dollar price-tag was doing us a big favor. Well, my mom got so upset that she got brought to tears- because the doctor essentially lied when he told us that he would provide us with the pills and we came to find out later he was lying about prices.

So, then- he did us a favor and wrote us a script for generic Subutex. The price of the generic med was $137.00 with no insurance. The doctor also makes me pay $250 for every visit each month. I think that's absurd as well. The good thing is- I was paying $425.00 monthly just for the medication. Now, I'm paying $137.00 and it's a big break. With Suboxone I was paying a grand total of $675.00 a month- now I'm paying $390 a month.

I've decided that I'm going to change doctors soon. One of my friends told me that his old Suboxone doctor charged only $50 for each visit. I'm hoping this is true and works out so I can pay $200 total a month. I feel like I got screwed paying that much the first month. I feel like everyone should be on Subutex generic- epescially those with out insurance. We pay so much extra for that orange flavor and Naloxone (which doesn't really work) it's bullshit.

So- I was wondering:

Does anyone else take generic Subutex? What are your thoughts on this as opposed to Suboxone? (I haven't taken any yet.)

What do you pay for your prescription? How about your monthly doctor visit?

* Also- feel free to add anything you feel related...

PeachJam
03-18-2010, 11:13 PM
dr visit- $50. Counseling visit $50. Subs $7 each. I am taking less than prescribed though, planning to get generic subutex next month.

Cobb
03-19-2010, 01:12 PM
dr visit- $50. Counseling visit $50. Subs $7 each. I am taking less than prescribed though, planning to get generic subutex next month.

See this is what pisses me off. Until April 28, 2010- I have to go to the doctor that the court recommended because the judge is friends with him. This doctor charges $225 for every fucking visit too. It's ridiculous! I know a doctor closer to my house that is only $50 each visit. What do you mean by counseling visit? I don't have those- but he's making me go to NA which I stated is just a bunch of people whining about their problems/a waste of my time.

Yes, definitely get them to prescribed generic subutex. I like the Tex' better and it's cheaper win-win!

PeachJam
03-19-2010, 04:56 PM
They require a monthly dr visit and monthly counselor visit. $50 each.
Still irks me as I could get 180 oxys for $10/month....

kill
03-21-2010, 02:45 AM
yea i hear a lot of the suboxone programs are hardcore...you gotta really look to find the good ones...my doc is 200$ first 2 visits 100$ afterwards...when i first started...with my script...it was over like 500-600$ a month..which is fucking ridiculous if you ask me...especially for people trying to help themselves...now though with my script going down cuz i'm tapering...it should be only like 200$ and 100$ for the visit...thats not THAT bad if you ask me...compared to the fucking money i spent on dope..jesus christ thats like pocket change...i'd spend twice that in one day when it got really bad...

anyway i'm really glad all that shits over with...i stopped chipping too...just no point anymore...i gotta shoot 15 bags to feel a high...fuck that shit..it cost me like 130$ for one shot to feel a 5 second rush(which was pretty damn good but still) and get "kinda fucked up, but no nodding"....sorry but i'll pass anymore...my life is finally getting back on track from when i stopped fucking it up royally a year ago...took a long ass time but i'm finally back to where i feel and act like a "normal person", lol whatever that is..it's cool though i really hated the things that dope made me do...once i learned i could control that shit with willpower it got a lot easier to just not do it when i don't want to...still though i know i'm gonna miss it after a while but shit..the longer i wait..and the less subutex i'm on cuz of my taper..the better i'll feel that shot when i do start chippin again...i just think it's good to take breaks from opiates and just chill on my subs for a while..seriously...

there's way too many ups and downs..way too many emotions that just explode out of nowhere...you can be so happy one moment...and insanely raged the next...and crying your eyes out the next...i hate that emotional shit that happens...glad i'm at the point where i know when w/d or opiate's are affecting my attitude and i stop feeding into it and actually listening to it...either way it's still gay...

my one boy got into an accident like 3 months after his first baby was born...bitch clipped him in the back with her side view mirror in a parking lot..doing like 35 so he got fucked up..he's sueing and blah blah blah..anyway they give him small amounts of pain killers and he tries to only take them very rarely cuz he's been my dealer for a long time and he's seen what doing lots of opiates does to people..lol...well he should have known...he's been tweaking out about shit cuz he's broke and has 2 kids now...so i guess he went on an 8 day binge..and when it came down from the binge he went fucking psychotic...had to be admitted to the hospital...fucking crazy shit..but he shoulda known that the crazy shit his brain was thinking was just cuz of the lack of oxy's and that he was probably going through mild withdrawal after 8 days...i think it only takes like 4 days of consecutive usage to have withdrawal symptoms when you quit..

anyway sorry for being off topic..i dunno how i even got into that story..oh well..

yea dood pick another doctor...guy shoulda gave you subutex off hte bat cuz it's cheaper fucking period..he's there to rape you for money..not help you...go find a good doc bro..you'll be in so much better hands that actually give a shit about you and your problem...than these money grubbing junky vultures most sub docs act like....

anon junky: "OMFG@#$@#$ RUN@#$@#$ IT'S THE FUCKING JUNKY VULTURES@#$@#$ THEY COMIN TO STEAL OUR DRUG MONEY AND FORCE US TO TAKE SUB'S WHICH DON'T GET US HIGH@#$@#$@#$ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@@%"

The one type of doctor that i absolutely can't fucking stand is the one that charges ridiculous amounts of money on top of the ridiculous cost of hte script...and when you ask him to switch you to generic subutex cuz it's cheaper they come out saying something like, "well, when you were doing dope you came up with that money almost every day..why can't you do that for this???".....while you think to yourself...fucking cock sucking asshole the reason i'm here is cuz i don't wanna have to do the shit i had to do to get that fucking money to buy dope..dumb ass mother fucker... ;)

BigLou
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
i take generic subutex, it runs me 150 a month for doctors app. and about 353 dollars for 90 count generic 8mg subs

Metrik
03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Swim gets his brand name suboxone off the streets. he spends about 5 bucks in gas to get to dudes house and pays 2 bucks for each 2mg suboxone. he tried goin to the doctor but when he realized swim could get it this cheap off the streets he cut out the middle man. Its not like the doctor did ne thing but rite the script and berate swim for bein a pill junky.

and the mother fucker gave me the same line when i called to cancel my appointment schedule. "this is expensive? you came up with plenty of money to feed that oxy habit this cant be nearly as expensive." stupid fuck just dont understand

BigLou
03-21-2010, 03:04 PM
wow that doctor sounds like a dick, mine is cool as hell. an american too lol.. he has tattoos and shit he's awesome, rides a harley hehe

Cobb
03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
i take generic subutex, it runs me 150 a month for doctors app. and about 353 dollars for 90 count generic 8mg subs

Damn man, that's still pretty expensive. Here- I get my generic Subutex for $2.30 a pill. Your script would only cost $207 for a bottle count of 90 in South Carolina. I get my bottle filled at Sam's Club by the way- I heard they are the cheapest place.

Ickyuck
03-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Does anyone else take generic Subutex? What are your thoughts on this as opposed to Suboxone? (I haven't taken any yet.)

Don't take Subutex, so I can't compare...

What do you pay for your prescription? How about your monthly doctor visit?My RX initially was 457$. But,

I'm on Medicare and only had to pay 3.11$!!! My first doctor visit was 275$. Haven't had my second one yet, but its gonna be 150$ thereafter.

Poppylvr
03-22-2010, 07:50 PM

Don't take Subutex, so I can't compare...

What do you pay for your prescription? How about your monthly doctor visit?My RX initially was 457$. But,

I'm on Medicare and only had to pay 3.11$!!! My first doctor visit was 275$. Haven't had my second one yet, but its gonna be 150$ thereafter.
I take Suboxone 2mg tabs. Have superb double (me and hubby) insurance which pays for the every two month doc visit for medication management, so my cost is 0$.
The first half of the year I pay 140$ or thereabouts for 120 2mg tabs of Suboxone. After about January, because the insurance has paid so much in my pharmacy bills, I no longer have to pay a copay, and all my meds become free again until July. Weird, huh?:rolleyes:
But nice. Half the year my sub script & doc visit costs nothing.....:D

kill
03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
first two doc visits were 200$...after that 100$...i only go ever month... never had to go more in the beginning like some people...

when i first started this my script was like 500$ something for 105 brand suboxone plus the 200$ doctors visit the first 2 times..fucking killer expensive... thats a decent junk habit right there, i could easily last a month on 3-4 bricks for fucks sake...thank god the generic came out pretty soon after i started going to the doc instead of just getting it off the streets for like 6-8$ a pill...which is what i was originally doing for like 1.5 years-2 years cuz it was insanely cheaper than going to the doc...but i wanted to be legal and so did my family so i did it 50/50 for me and for them. I'm kinda glad i did cuz of where i'm at now with my life...it's almost 100% back, only like 2 more months then i'll be 100% independent and on my feet again..

after generic subutex came out my doc was cool and switched me right away cuz i explained how much money i would be saving... basically my pills then went down to $368 for 105...then i started my taper as slow as i want..but it worked out and i was down to like 3 a day which was $288 for 90...currently i'm only taking like 2 to 2.5x 8mg a day but he still wrote me out 90 pills...because my pharmacy is having so much troubles getting my script in and i got sick and fucking tired of not being able to fill my full script the day i get it from the doctor...i called literally over 25 pharmacies today...basically what i've found is that the big ass chains's like CVS, RiteAid, target, giant...basically 10% of that group will even carry the generic subutex...and the ones who do charge double what my old pharmacy charged...from $288 for 90 at my old pharm up to 450$.....lol at 450-500 for anything generic i thought....at this point...

so i started calling the small mom and pop pharmacies to see if any of them would have it cheaper....i was fucking appalled...1 small mom and pop out of 5 that i called had it in stock..and they wanted $606 for 90 GENERIC subutex...generic!?!?!? $600 for any fucking GENERIC medication is fucking obscene....

then i basically thought about it...my pharmacy normally carries it because they are a larger independent compound pharmacy that does a lot of work for old age homes and the such...the only other pharmacy i knew like that was right on the way home from the docs, so it was convenient too..it was in business for like 30 years..family run...but huge as fuck..they do long term personal care patients who live at home...basically supplying them with whatever they need just like an old age home would i guess..anyway they had my shit in stock...had a huge ample supply that they'd never run out of...and were fucking 28 dollars cheaper than my last pharmacy...so my 90 pills went down to 260$....

next month i'm only gonna ask him for 75 cuz i should have a shitload left over..so that should be only 216$ thats only 316$ total for my doctors visit and 2 and a half pills a month...thats not fucking bad...i spend more on fucking weed a month than that hahahah and the best part is it should keep going down from there...i wanna try to stabalize on a small dose and see how i feel after a lil...

mbu37
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi, a friend of mine is on subutex 8mg up to 3 times a day. He told me that he thought larger pharmacies would naturally have cheaper prices but found out that wasn't the case. I don't know about where you live but up here about 35 south of NYC the large pharmacies (Walgreens, CVS) are gobbling up the "mom and pop" stores. My friend has found that some independent pharmacies "mom and pop" are much more flexible and in his particular case cheaper. He's currently going to a small chain called the Medicine Shoppe - which is a very small chain and the pharmacist there really tries to get him the cheapest price. He also allows him to buy portions of his script since he can't afford it all at once. When he tried to do this at Wallgreens they said they couldn't do it.
Right now, in this area anyway, there doesn't seem to be any generic subutex around.
Sorry, if I've reaped a lot of what was in your original post but my friend's advice is to look for an independent or small chain pharmacy. Let them know of your money and insurance situation. Large chains just follow their rulebook.
Good luck

sexualhealing
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
i lucked out and got a GREAT doc.

just found out today (had my 3 month appt) that he stopped taking patients and i am one of his few sub patients he kept. now they are all going to this indian bastard (the type with the dot on the head, not the peace pipe ones, lol) and i know he is a straight up DICK.

I called in once when i was having a major meltdown and couldnt sleep to just get my doc on the phone to get his ok to double my kpin dose for the few days before i went in to see him. Well my doc was out of the office that week so my msg was returned with a call from this prick saying, "NONE OF MY SUBOXONE PATIENTS ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE BENZOS, LET ALONE IN THE AMOUNT YOU ARE PERSCRIBED!!!"

well, my doc owns the practice so my dose got upped, 4 fold over those next 3 months. LOL. anywho... details details...

my visits are now $60 and i go every 3 months.

my brand name suboxone is slightly more than $6 / 8mg pill, running me like $320 / month for the (50) i get.

on another, interesting note, my doc informs me today that the DEA came into his office and forced him to allow them into JUST HIS records of anyone on "abuseable drugs". He even stressed that he didnt understand why it was just him as hes not taking any new patients for ANYTHING and the Indian who is MAXED out on the sub patients and sees just as many other people, didnt even get asked about a thing.

He said they came in full uniform, to his waiting room, with patients present, and gave him this form that he either had to sign allowing this search, OR they WOULD come back with a search warrant on a scheduled date. He wanted to avoid the scene as he had people waiting and signed off after reading that they could only look, no records could leave, and was sure he was protecting his patients as best as possible.

He said he has a few friends whom this has happened to, tradionally pain clinics, but said that they are really starting this huge crackdown as it seems he hears about another doctor having this happen every week now. He said this has NEVER happened before.

And of all things, he is in this BUM FUCK little down that is literaly not even a MILE long ONE STREET ROAD, and then nothing but farm land. LOL.

I found this very odd, kinda disturbing and ended up taking 15 more min of his time making sure i wasnt in some DEA database or anything and he told me from point A to Z exactly what happened and said he did not leave their side because he feared the same thing could happen and cares too much about his patients to allow their privacy to be violated.

NOT TO DERAIL or hijack anyones thread, but anyone else hear of this???

MethadonBoblow
04-29-2010, 01:02 AM
The doc I've been going to for the past 2 1/4 years cost something like $45 for a consultation to see if they would even take me. Then like $300 for the first visit and then $100 there after but at first I was going once a week then after a month moved up to every 2 weeks and as long as I passed the piss test it would move up to just once a month. And the meds is what really cost though I was getting like 60 at first and it was costing like $500 or $600 a month. I couldn't afford it so I got lucky and got in the RX assist thing and got the meds for free. Then after a year it ran out and I thought it would be the end of that but I got lucky again and they kept sending them free but the doc visit went up to $120 a visit. Now after being on the RX assist for 2 years they tell me they won't give me anymore and they only allow people to do it for a year. And I was like well I've been on it for 2 years well in some cases they allow people to continue for another year but now they don't is what they tell me. But who knows So now I'm pretty much in the place where I have to taper down with what I have left and hope the W/D's aren't that bad when I run out.

doctor diesel
04-29-2010, 05:47 AM
I live in the UK and my monthly sub dose of 30 x 6mg costs me £14.40, which is $22. And my monthly visits to my sub case worker are free.

That's quite a stark contrast with you guys in the States, isn't it?

Doc

PS Can't help thinking it should be like this in every country, except perhaps without the £14.40 being involved.

tui
04-29-2010, 07:15 AM
^
I agree Doc. Honestly I can't get over how much people have to pay for healthcare in the States. What happens to those without insurance or the means to pay?

Crime caused by addicts would cost the taxpayer more than providing them free treatment, not to mention the value of having a functional, healthy community. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Methadone is free here in nz, suboxone is relatively new (I don't think subutex is even an option) so it isn't subsidized by the government yet. Sub maintenance is pretty uncommon, 95% of people on a maintenance program are on the 'done.

All addiction clinic appointments are free, as is therapy, detox, rehab etc. My subs cost me $1 a mg, I take 4mgs a day, and by our standards that is shockingly high to pay for meds on a daily basis.

doctor diesel
04-29-2010, 07:21 AM
^
I agree Doc. Honestly I can't get over how much people have to pay for healthcare in the States. What happens to those without insurance or the means to pay?
Crime caused by addicts would cost the taxpayer more than providing them free treatment, not to mention the value of having a functional, healthy community. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Methadone is free here in nz, suboxone is relatively new (I don't think subutex is even an option) so it isn't subsidized by the government yet. Sub maintenance is pretty uncommon, 95% of people on a maintenance program are on the 'done.
All addiction clinic appointments are free, as is therapy, detox, rehab etc. My subs cost me $1 a mg, I take 4mgs a day, and by our standards that is shockingly high to pay for meds on a daily basis.

Yeah Tui, you look at the kinda money these American peeps are paying out for this and all you can see is a massive DISINCENTIVE to try and clean up your act. Where's the sense in that?

Doc

sexualhealing
04-29-2010, 05:13 PM
as americans we def pay WAYYYY too much for our drugs..... ill give u that....

thank god i have the money to pay for it without using my insurance.... i know its kinda stupid not to use it when it would save me a few hundred a month, but... id much rather not let them get my info.....

i feel horrible for those in more dire situations.... i couldnt imagine....

the subs are damn near the cost of a real habit for mild users..... but for people like me, i was literly spending what i spend on a months worth of subs in a day or two when i was shooting dope.

oh man i wish i had that cash back. lol. its insane.

Vico-Dan
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I just started Sub treatment.

Induction visit: $300.00
Monthly visits: $150.00
Generic 8mg Subs: $3.50 each

I am currently at 12mg, but plan to taper down to 8mg per day, so my total monthly cost, including Dr. visit will cost about $250.00 per month.

I'm also going to shop around for a lower price on the generic subutex to bring down my monthly cost, and I'm also going to try to convince my Dr. to see me every other month instead of monthly.

If I don't drop any dirty UA's and he sees that I'm going well, he may go for it, so that would bring my cost down even lower.

I'm in the SF Bay Area and the prices the sub docs charge here are insane.

I've been quoted as much as $1,500 for an induction visit.

The average cost here is about $500.00 for induction, and $200.00 a month for follow up visits.

I did a lot of research and made a lot of phone calls and found my current Dr. who is one of the least expensive and is 20 minutes away from my home.

He is also very knowledgeable about Subs and even Poppy Pods, and is a former opiate addict with 17 years of sobriety.

Kevinyaheard
05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Hearing some of these stories makes me really be very thankful. I go to the VA and not only is my visit and med free, but they PAY ME $75 for gas to go up there. I get 60 8mg Subs and get to see the coolest doc in the entire world, and they pay me. I am truly blessed! I wanted to quit for so long, but didn't know how. I was in the emergency room at the VA and the doc just happened to be looking through his computer at the time and seen me. He called the Psychiatrist I was talking to and told him to send me over. I was one of the first patients in the new Suboxone program that the VA started. If miracles are real, it was surly one of them!!!