PDA

View Full Version : Trouble filling Roxi script

Bateman54199
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
So SWIM was trying to fill their script for #90 30mg Roxicodone and ran into a bunch of BS.

Several attempts at large chain pharmacies all had the result of "We don't have these in stock (or not enough in stock) and it'll take 7 days to receive them if we place an order"

Several small pharmacies simply said "We don't carry this type of medication"

Other small pharmacies said "We only dispense these meds to people who live locally" (SWIM was only 15-20 minute drive from their house)

Other independent pharmacies said "We don't fill these meds unless you have insurance"

--Finally after a whole day of trying SWIM drove 50 minutes to a small pharm that was able to fill them. Thankfully for the A215 it only cost $90 to fill the #90 script. There was one other pharm that said they could fill them but it was $180.

Does anyone else run into problems like this?

Actavis
03-17-2010, 05:55 PM
BAH, i have heard of this happening. i have an appt. coming up and hope i don't have these issues again. same time as last year. was a bad month so i do not have the 3 days extra i usually do. will be hurting if i am not able to fill on the day i have my appt. i have just enough to get me there and that is with cutting out one or two a day until then.

EDIT: glad "swim" was finally able to get it filled!

flchub
03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
So SWIM was trying to fill their script for #90 30mg Roxicodone and ran into a bunch of BS.
Several attempts at large chain pharmacies all had the result of "We don't have these in stock (or not enough in stock) and it'll take 7 days to receive them if we place an order"
Several small pharmacies simply said "We don't carry this type of medication"
Other small pharmacies said "We only dispense these meds to people who live locally" (SWIM was only 15-20 minute drive from their house)
Other independent pharmacies said "We don't fill these meds unless you have insurance"
--Finally after a whole day of trying SWIM drove 50 minutes to a small pharm that was able to fill them. Thankfully for the A215 it only cost $90 to fill the #90 script. There was one other pharm that said they could fill them but it was $180.
Does anyone else run into problems like this?
more than likely your doctor has been flagged by the pharmacies for writing too many class 2 scripts,you literally have to drive to a different county where they don't know your doctor

HandMeSomeOpiates
03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
more than likely your doctor has been flagged by the pharmacies for writing too many class 2 scripts,you literally have to drive to a different county where they don't know your doctor
Either that or they are just "dicks". Or maybe even a tad 'jealous' ;)

longduckdong
03-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Never call pharms asking that and expect to get the truth. Just take it in. They will almost ALWAYS give you the runaround when you call. Saying they have oxy is like them asking to be robbed.

You can often see pharms with signs saying "We don't stock oxycontin". (But they actually do)

(Im just assuming you called?)

panda
03-18-2010, 02:31 AM
i was going to say what ldd said, plus another thing.

i had a friend trying to call around different pharmacy's for this lady who had oc 60s, this is when they first came out. he called every pharmacy in the phone book and finally called me and asked if i knew any legit online pharms to order from. i told him stop being lazy and drive to a pharmacy, because they don't want to just give that info out to anyone on the phone. sure enough one of the pharmacy's he called really did have them and told him exactly what i did.

some pharmacy's don't like to carry a lot of oc's and roxis. they only carry enough to fill there normal customers scripts every month. probably why they told you they don't have enough to cover your script. i know the one time i had a script of roxi 15s from the ER, i had a hard time getting 20 of them filled!

the first time i got my monthly script of roxis from my pcp, i told the pharmacy that i will be back every month at around the same day, and if they could have them in for me. the pharmacist was cool about it and thanked me for letting them know that. she told me they only order enough to cover there regular customers scripts and i was lucky they had some accumulate over time.

so your best bet is to find a pharmacy that will order them for you and let them know you will be needing them every month and find one that will have them ready for you!

krinkov
03-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Back in Michigan, I always ran into problems filling both my oxycodone 30mg and my 100mcg/h fent patches. Not one chain pharm had them or never had close to enough. Then, I finally tried a little locally owned pharm and he had them in stock. I went to him and did so exclusively until I move to Kansas City. If he didn't have enough in stock, he'd give me what he had and then fill the rest the next day when he got them. He used to do this kind of stuff all the time! So, find some local that will order them. You may have to wait this time, but they'll probably have them ready to go next time. Go local every time!! Hope this helps. I'm kinda toasted right now and tired (just got home from work) to boot.

Krinkov

ox-e
03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
The pharmacy I go to dispenses anywhere from 15-30k 30mg roxies a day which is pretty insane, but they have a large volume of people. Even these numbers dont stop them from running out though if they miss a shipment which really sucks. I started calling or checking before i go into the doctor now just so it isnt a hassle, if they cant fill it then my doctor swaps it for something else i can get.

It sucks when you have to go to another pharmacy for something like oxy, because they REALLY do treat you like shit if you arent a regular or known by them. Like people said before almost every pharmacy will tell you they dont have it if you call on the phone. Sometimes even in person they will deny insurance right off the bat.the trick is dont say anything about insurance until its filled and your about to pay for it. Trying to fill roxy30s AND oc80s at the same time proves even more difficult as most of the pharmacists think its too much to combine them. Thats only with 240 30mg and 60 80mg oc. yet they think they know better then my doctor as to what dose i should be taking.

Either way when it happens just try another pharmacy, for roxies I found chain pharms arent the best places to try unless your getting OC's. I just hope another shortage doesnt come around, last time that happened after all the roxy 30s were taken doctors switched people to 2x in 15's. then to percocets and 5mg oxy IR's, all of which out for weeks. Only thing that seems to be in good supply when it happens is dilaudid and fent.

Bateman54199
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
SWIM learned early on not to call around because just like you guys said most pharms actually have a protocol where they have to deny that they carry them unless you come in. There are 2 pharms in the area that dispense these things No Questions Asked and go through thousands/day but they are run by the mob and are always getting robbed. Sometimes they even have DEA/Cops there checking the records. Anyone who is smart and not desperate tries to avoid going there.

One of the chain pharms yelled at SWIM when they went there trying to fill Roxi 30's. The pharmacist said "We only carry up to 15mg and do so for our regular patients" SWIM said "well if you fill my script then I'll become a regular patient every month" The pharmacist said "Leave now or I am calling the police"

The little pharm that did finally fill them SWIM actually called and the pharmacist was so nice and helpful. He even filled the script and had SWIM in/out the pharm in under 5 minutes. So much better then going to those major chains where they always make you wait atleast 30 minutes. Which never makes sense because they have like 6 pharmacists working at any given time.

--Bateman

seven10kids
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
strange how it is always so hard to get roxies filled. I luckily have a good pharmacy that is in the same building as my doc, and only one time did they have to give me a partial fill (back when everywhere was out of roxies last year) but every other time, no problem what so ever. Before i would sometimes just leave my doc office and go home then a few hours later try to go to a few pharms closer around my pad but had very bad luck. many places acted like they never seen/heard of the medication before, others treated my like i was going to rob the place!!! the crazy thing is that these places fills oxy 40 and 80 scrips all day long every day, they always have name brand ocs on hand, but when you want to fill for roxi it is a big deal! my town especally has only a few pharms that EVER have roxi. I dont get it... all i can think is that they are more likely to be abused (roxis) than other pills because they are a smaller milligram so can be perscribed to more people, and the fact that they cost quite less, maybe more people ask for them when they are in fact not in moderate to great pain... idk i cant really think of anything beyond that,,, of course they all know that drugs like this can be his used... i dont get it but it is making it so people in pain are having to live with even more pain when they have so much trouble filling this stuff.

Uncle Wiggly
03-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Your best bet would be to find a pharmacy located near a hospital. Sometimes there are even private pharmacies located on hospital grounds. Dispensing C-II and C-III meds make up at least half of their business. Think cancer, trauma and CP patients.

Try to find one and start doing all your business there - providing it's legit. You'll eventually get to know the pharmacist and the staff. I've been going to the same place for over 20 years and they've bent over backwards to help me out. In other words they don't go strictly by the rule-book. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I don't know if you have prescription coverage but it's a factor. Most of the time you'll pay a bit more than the chains but the convenience is well worth the cost. I believe it was Nick that once said, "A good pharmacist is worth his/her weight in dope."

jersey_emt
03-18-2010, 03:41 PM
$90 for #90 generic 30mg IR oxycodone? $1.00 per pill.

The full retail cost at my pharmacy is less than that for twice the number of pills. $0.41 per pill.

I'd shop around more. Prices can vary widely.

ox-e
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Your lucky then they are that cheap, I would take $1 blues anyday. Even though I have insurance when my regular one runs out(hasnt happened in a few months), Other pharmacies take cash only so my $10 copay turns into $2 PER blue at the very cheapest. Some places charge 2.50 per in florida, for xanodyne i have seen them charge $5 each claiming they are name brand which is weird. They have called it name brand AND generic before so i think they are fucking people over. Anyone ever had xanodyne filled as brand and generic at the same pharmacy and not accidently?

Uncle Wiggly nailed it as far as that goes too, the first few times when the shortage hit I was able to get brand roxys on insurance at hospital pharmacies since they never ran out from what ive seen. some places denied filling me unless i was a patient or it was a script from the hospital docs.

The_Highwayman
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
This was years ago but when I got scripted roxis I had the hardest time getting them filled. One time I even had to go to 13 pharmacies to finally fill them. I think it had mostly to do with the doctor as he had a bad rep and later got busted. But one pharmacist who I was friends with told me that his and some pharms order all the oxy and dispense it for one random day per week. This was to avoid robberies

jersey_emt
03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Your lucky then they are that cheap, I would take $1 blues anyday. Even though I have insurance when my regular one runs out(hasnt happened in a few months), Other pharmacies take cash only so my $10 copay turns into $2 PER blue at the very cheapest. Some places charge 2.50 per in florida, for xanodyne i have seen them charge $5 each claiming they are name brand which is weird. They have called it name brand AND generic before so i think they are fucking people over. Anyone ever had xanodyne filled as brand and generic at the same pharmacy and not accidently?

Uncle Wiggly nailed it as far as that goes too, the first few times when the shortage hit I was able to get brand roxys on insurance at hospital pharmacies since they never ran out from what ive seen. some places denied filling me unless i was a patient or it was a script from the hospital docs.

Xanodyne makes the brand-name Roxicodone. The imprint is 54/199 for the 30mg.

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/RoxicodoneWoodgrain.preview.jpg

panda
03-19-2010, 05:43 PM
^ jersey is right

i have had those two times, and they are in fact the name brand roxicodone.

around my area though, you never see them. i have had people tell me the white ethex ones are the name brand. and even people tell me the actavis ones are the name brand and think the A on them is an R, for roxicodone.

the worst was the guy with the ethex though. the script was in his name and he really believed he got the name brand ones. him thinking this way made him try and sell them for more money. i didn't even bother trying to educate him because i hated the ethex brand.

Actavis
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM

yes, xanodyne bought the right from roxanne labs. so technically xanodyne are the brand name pills now.

Indy
03-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Never call pharms asking that and expect to get the truth. Just take it in. They will almost ALWAYS give you the runaround when you call. Saying they have oxy is like them asking to be robbed.

You can often see pharms with signs saying "We don't stock oxycontin". (But they actually do)

(Im just assuming you called?)

This.

Just like when a doctor's office has a sign that says "WE DO NOT PRESCRIBE NARCOTICS" when they OBVIOUSLY do, it's just a deterrent. Or the worst: "I'm sorry, I'd love to help you but there's nothing stronger I can give you, it's the LAW" <-- after you tell them that 12 5/500 hydrocodone isn't cutting it. Yeah there's a law against prescribing schedule II medication, sure. If you don't feel comfortable giving it, FINE, I CAN UNDERSTAND, but don't lie to your patient, that's just cowardly.

PeachJam
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
You're making me drool! The only problems I had was Walgreens. They only had 86 out of 180. I think the guy was lying, he was always a jerk. How could Walgreens, the only 24 hr pharmacy around, not have enough of a very common med?

I agree with the hospital pharmacy someone mentioned. I like the pharm there now. Fast to fill, CHEAP, and nice people. I got my 180 30's there for $68!!!! usually insurance covers it, but not that month....

Anyway, youre making me cry now that I dont get them anymore... :(

http://www.pharmer.org/files/images/RoxicodoneWoodgrain.preview.jpg[/QUOTE]

stinkersdaddy
03-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Im in nj too and almost every pharmacy around me has them, I was going to a small place until this week I went to walgreens because my usual place wouldn't take the prescription drug card i got online. I suggest you try using it, it made my usual $90 script $40 which was awesome. yourrxcard.com is the site i got it from.

Young Professor
03-19-2010, 10:27 PM

Yes, I've heard (and seen) the issue the OP describes re: OC, but never Roxicodone. If these places aren't carrying Oxy IR, then they must not carry many CIIs.

Maybe because it was because you had a script for the 30s and they don't carry that particular sku for some reason. Do you think your lack of insurance scared them off by chance?

Regards,

YP