PDA

View Full Version : Missed shot..

The_Highwayman
03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
About two hours ago I shot a filtered roxi shot into my left arm. IV. Well I missed and pushed it through and now it's swollen to the size smaller than a dime and hurts a little. Will this simply go away or should I worry about it. There's no burning or sharp shooting pain just sore

Thanks

LuckyNumber13
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
it's probably nothing to worry about, just keep an eye on it.i'd take a warm washcloth and apply some pressure to it, just in case.
you'd be surprised that those missed shots will keep you well longer than one that didn't miss. (no rush though)

GimpLeg
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
while I wish I could say for 100% you'll be alright, but who knows. missing pills is a pretty big way of getting an abcess.

I'd say clean it the best you can with alcohol, maybe throw some neosporin on it and be careful. but hopefully somebody will come along thats had this problem.

I know I 've done this with H (and all was fine after a couple of hours), but apparently the threat of abcesses is greater with pills or something.

Dr.G
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Keep a very close eye on it. If tenderness persists longer than a day or two get yourself into the ER. Not worth the infection.

The reason that an abscess is high is because of the innate immune system recognizing these particles as non-self and sending various types phagocytic cells to engulf the matter. Inflammation is just a response to the suspected invaders, tissue death is the worst case scenario. So hopefully your immune system takes care of it without much trouble.

PeachJam
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I used a heat pack when it was sore and it quickly stopped hurting but there was a bump for a bit. As long as it doesnt get horribly painful and bright red, you should be ok, but if it gets nasty looking, get it checked out.

Citrus
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I thought you use to be an addict? You never had missed a shot before? I just apply pressure and rub in a circular motion, its all good, just fucks the rush up; is all.

Duckfeet
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
All pills are different: I've never shot--and missed--roxis, so I don't know...but most pills I have done, with the exception of barbituates and mpergan, they just hurt for a day or two, then slowly went away...you'll know if it starts getting bad, like an abcess, because the pain, and swelling will get worse...then go to see doc, no way around it...but for now, yeah, just take hot showers and pain medicine ;)

JTDuffet
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
hmmm.. i think the opinions will vary across the boards here... but from my own personal experience of doing a LOT of IM shots...

I never got an infection, until i did stupid shit like putting the syringe in my mouth and sucking from the back end. then injecting into my leg.. after it splashed me in the mouth... got a major infection.

every other time i did an IM shot. i never had a problem. just have to be very clean...

lastly.. one time i was out of dope. and i was sick.. so i started IM into my stomach oxazapams... its a capsule.. with white powder inside. and even filters with cotton, it was thick and chalky.. and it caused NO issues with injecting it all under my skin. and it was around 50 units worth...

just something to think about. BUT. if like others have said. within a couple days, if it doesn't start getting better, feels tender to the touch, feels warm, and looks red, go to the ER..

i have some pics up here of my thigh.. before and after..

-jt

GimpLeg
03-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't think I'e ever missed with pills, maybe a little tiny bit at the end of the shot I might push through the vein.

but I know missing with dope BURNS, and sucks because no rush, but you still get high so its not all that bad. it may even last longer this way. but the part that sucks is that you don't get a rush. and usually you get that red splotchy skin.

upstate_007
03-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I thought you use to be an addict? You never had missed a shot before? I just apply pressure and rub in a circular motion, its all good, just fucks the rush up; is all.

I'll step in for Highway man here for a second. I believe he shot dope when he was active, not pills.

I shot dope for a long time but never pills. If I decided to fuck with shooting pills and missed I might not know what to expect either.

The_Highwayman
03-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll step in for Highway man here for a second. I believe he shot dope when he was active, not pills.

I shot dope for a long time but never pills. If I decided to fuck with shooting pills and missed I might not know what to expect either.

Thanks upstate, I used to do dope during those days and I was actually so good at giving IV and IM shots to myself and others I got the nickname Dr. No (the No part had nothing to do with drugs) anyway yes I did pills this one time and I'm happy to say that it went well, nowhere near what I was expecting, let's just say that subs do their job...

AnywY update, I left that arm Aline when it came to shooting I supplied ice and then heat througout the day and some vitamin E when I went to bed. The swelling is gone, no bruising or redness besides a tiny bruise (usual track mark) at the injection site. However Tha pain is present so I'm taking some Tylenol (no advil) and keeping an eye on it

Thanks for the replies, this was a one time one day relapse and considering the coast and hassle won't be repeated anytime soon, I just don't need a medical problem to end my o e day relapse

God bless

Papa Verine
03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Highway Man, I don't know if this sounds really bad or what, but I was hoping you'd have a good day when you had this planned relapse. You just seem like you needed a break, hwoever you could get one.

I hope you're getting some peace and relaxation in. Enjoy yourself...

Swellin
03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
This happened to me last night at about 10pm, I missed a very tiny amount of morphine and if i miss morphine it will give me huge nasty welts where ever i missed the shot. It scarred the shit out of me actually i have never had a reaction like this before. I used a micron filter this time so i was relived a bit but still concerned. I took a warm compress and used it for 20 minutes and then another one 30 min later. Took some aspirin and a few hours later the swelling was gone, and it wasn't as hot to the touch as before. Its morning now and my arm is 100% fine thank god. That always scares the shit out of me.

chopstix
03-11-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a good idea to massage the area of a miss or a muscle/SC hit, especially if it's a good amount of liquid.. The more it disperses the less likely it is to infect although particulate can cause an abscess regardless.

The welts from missed M are a histamine reaction, completely normal..

The_Highwayman
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey Highway Man, I don't know if this sounds really bad or what, but I was hoping you'd have a good day when you had this planned relapse. You just seem like you needed a break, hwoever you could get one.

I hope you're getting some peace and relaxation in. Enjoy yourself...

Thanks Papa...

Problem honestly was two things..first was the worry. I was so worried about getting caught I almost couldn't enjoy myself. Second is that the cost of the pills were so high that I really couldn't use enough to get me good. I only bought ten at $25 each so I did three two bangers and the rest single shots, there'd be an initial rush then nothing, not even an elevated mood. Oh well I guess it's better that it wasn't too good ya know...

The drugs have let me down, suicides my only way out

GimpLeg
03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
It's a good idea to massage the area of a miss or a muscle/SC hit, especially if it's a good amount of liquid.. The more it disperses the less likely it is to infect although particulate can cause an abscess regardless.

I always did this anyway to a missed shot like in the crook of my arm to try to get the drugs to soak in quicker, heh.

OrangeLude
03-16-2010, 09:35 AM
in a way it sounds like a good thing it didn't work out to your best satisfaction...glad you're safe and back on the road....

i said in your other thread that I'm not sure if you needed to get it out of your system or why you needed the one day...prolly not my business...but for me setting up lines for my self that I propose not to cross...sometime makes it harder than letting the situation be organic and go with what seems best....

in any & all events my best ....

JTDuffet
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
so your all set there now.... no infections that lasted...

-jt

The_Highwayman
03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Everythings a-ok!!!

tui
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM

WHat about when you get welts and you HAVEN'T missed... that histamine reaction too? I always put those red splotches down to citrus. Not sure why...

thx

Woody Bear
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
What length of needle are you using Highwayman? I'm only asking because if the needle went right through the vein, perhaps it was too long?

I'm interesting in knowing which length needles people find are too short or too long. So knowing which length you used, and the fact that it was long enough to go all the way through the vein, matters to me.

Logistics
03-16-2010, 11:55 PM
What length of needle are you using Highwayman? I'm only asking because if the needle went right through the vein, perhaps it was too long?

I'm interesting in knowing which length needles people find are too short or too long. So knowing which length you used, and the fact that it was long enough to go all the way through the vein, matters to me.

I use 1/2" rigs and I've poked through before. But my veins are generally popping out of my arms so that probably plays a role there too.. depends on how visible they are I think.

footclan
08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Today I missed a shot of oxy. This is the first shot of a pill I've missed with out using a micron filter and it hurts a bit and is tender which I've never had before.

I crushed an 80, mixed my shot with sterile water and no heat and double filtered it with cotton. I shot in the crook of my left arm. I registered, and pushed down the plunger and at the end I could see my skin rising a bit. I applied a warm cloth to it but it wasn't immediate. I also took 7.5 mg of meloxicam.

It doesn't seem to be raised, just a bit tender. Will warm water still help? Is there anything else I can do for it or just watch it very closely?

Swellin
08-13-2010, 05:26 PM
The best thing for a missed shot, IMO anyways is to apply a warm compress on the area you missed, i just get a hand towel soak it in really hot water and because i just shot up the hot water doesn't hurt my hands very much when im soaking it haha, anyways then i just wrap the towel around the hand/arm or what ever keep it there for 10 minutes or until the towel cools down, then i repeat either once or twice more. My swelling has always gone away after about 15-30 min and i shoot morphine. Once i think i had an infection because it was red and tender for the next day thank god the redness and swelling went away tho. Check it in a few hours to see if its still red, and if its tender go from there.

footclan
08-13-2010, 06:21 PM
It isn't red. I thought I saw some redness appearing but it vanished so it was probably from me touching it.

Swellin
08-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Dont sweat it then, usually from my experience anyways, if an access is going to form, the area you missed in will be red and tender, if this is not happening you should be fine, the swelling should be gone now and the hives as well if it was a histamine reaction ( I use to get those ALOT, from my morphine shot, and i mean alot and i now only get how dangerous it was, i use to shoot into my hand vein but i wasn't releasing the tie and i didn't know this at the time, but my vein was leaking and it would cause massive hives all over my hand/arm. Now i know better, thanks to this site, and when i shoot my morphine as long as i don't miss i have zero hives or any reaction at all, just the pin prick. Im amazed i never got an abscess because that went on for over 2 months multiple times a day.

footclan
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Cool thanks for your help. I shot it on friday and it was tender which I hadn't experienced with a missed shot. On saturday I noticed it became a little red and by sunday it wasn't anymore and the pain is gone.

I scored some morphine ampules before and the guy I banged them with doesn't release the tourniquet and I watched his arm swell pretty damn big. Gave him a diphenhydramine and it vanished.