PDA

View Full Version : grapefruit juice and valium?

opiobsessed
07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I did a search on this and can't understand why my pharmacist told me to make sure I dont eat gf or drink gf juice while on valium. Hmmm I started wondering, why? would it potentiate the valium like it does opiates? or be a bad, bad thing to do? anyone know what happens when gf juice is taken with valium 10mg?

HistoryofMadness
07-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I have read that it does, but I think its a disputed claim. Someone may know better, but according to what I've read, it will inhibit the enzymes that metabolize valium. This is bad because valium has such a long half-life, which means gf only prolongs that half-life and increases your risk of an OD. So if you do drink if for some reason, take less valium over a longer period of time.

The problem with trying to potentiate valium, as opposed to opiates, as I see it, is that benzos ruin your memory and fuck you up, which really makes things dangerous if you start forgetting how much you've had.. .

Anyone with experience?

slugbone
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
when i gave up drinking my doctor gave me tons of valium and naltrexone, esp for the first 30 days. i never tried oj, but i don't think it would matter because your tolerance goes so high up that you can go from 1/2 a valium to get a feeling to 3 or 4 every 8 hours and not really anything. plus you can't smoke while taking it or your buzz goes south by the time you finished your smoke.

Levity
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Lots of questions about grape fruit juice today...

Grape fruit juice inhibits the enzymes that metabolize certain drugs, in this case Valium or Diazepam. This, in turn, streches out the affects of the drug, as it will stay in your system longer before being metabolized.

I've used grape fruit juice with Temazepam (30mg) with no ill effects. I've dosed up to 120 mg with predicable effects

As a side note, I would advise that you be very, very careful. Valium does cause sleep. If you take too much, you do run the risk of falling asleep for a very, very long time.

Try it with a typical dose and scale up from there.
Best of luck.

opiobsessed
07-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys,
I will tread very lightly on this trip, I'm going on vacation tonite for a week and I have a lovely stash of goodies to make my vacation even more fun lol. Well the family things we do together can get boring as my brother is an obsessed fisherman, however sitting in the boat stoned and talking about good old times just can't be beat. Price of valium $1, price of vicodin $1, time spent with loved one while stoned, priceless!!

repeek
07-16-2006, 12:10 AM
I took 40 mg of valium and chased them with 1 quart of 30% grapefruit juice, and pissed alot for the next several hours. I have been drinking grapefruit juice with bezo's for 30 years (I really like ruby red grapefruit juice) and have never noticed anything different from taking them with water.

I heard about the grapefruit thing many years after I had all ready been doing it for years. But I might be an odd case. Be careful anyway!!

Levity
07-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Needs to be pure, White Grape fruit juice... More flavonoids to affect your enzymes.

JahRed24
03-05-2007, 11:33 PM
So how much grapefruit juice should i drink?? 1 glass at the same time i take my valium? HOW MUCH DO I DRINK!?!

ProdigalSon
03-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Its the acids. The acidity in the grapefruit juice is too much for some meds to take, therefore making them less effective

ProdigalSon
03-06-2007, 09:25 AM
So how much grapefruit juice should i drink?? 1 glass at the same time i take my valium? HOW MUCH DO I DRINK!?!

Depends on yur size. Im 5'10", 180 lbs. About a half hour or 45 min before id do an oxy orally(which quickly went out the window when I found the toot pipe and pins), chew em up and swallo. Its actually a big difference. That is fer opiates....Valium, I dunno...

TokinDerrick
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
i've never had valium scripted to me so I don't know about that grapejuice thing, but on my xanax paper that came with the script it said not to eat grapefruits or drink grapefruit juice as it may increase the amount of drugs in your bloodstream, so its most definetley true with at least xanax that it will potentate it, so I'm guessing it would work with valium if your doctor said something. it doesn't make it crazy stronger, so don't worry about ODing unless you're taking enormous amounts of diazepam.

Diluted
03-18-2007, 01:23 AM
You guys must be lost.. grapefruit juice kicks any benzo and some opiods way UP. Read this, http://www.fhma.com/grapefruit.htm

or anything with 'grapefruit juice diazapam' .. dont' take, raises blood contrentation level = alot fucking higher. " Tons of research on that all over google.

Diluted
03-18-2007, 01:26 AM
http://www.globalrph.com/gfruit.htm

This may sound crazy, but I live in FLorida too and tons of grapefruit - just pick them off tries and juce them. Get tons of gallons - everytime I take methadone, oxycodone or benzos.. I drink GF, and even take a tagament, helps even more. I'm stock piled with tagament and GFJ. :) I drive my gf nuts about it, but she agrees too,

JahRed24
03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah it says on my bottle of valium "don't take with grapefruit juice" or something like that... I've tried the GFJ thing a lot and never seems to work or do anything... yes i've tried it all. white, red, the pink all 100% juice, at all different amounts i think its a bunch of nonsense and isnt worth the nasty taste of GFJ to do nothing to effect my drugs

TokinDerrick
03-24-2007, 07:55 PM
shit is disgusting, and I must agree I've never noticed a difference.

my potenators include benadryl, and robotussin.

JahRed24
03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
true DXM is the only one that actually worked for amping up my opies...but im disappointed that the GFJ doesn't work for my valium... and i mean its like a fact that GFJ will potentiate the valium but for some reason i have never really noticed any difference....!??! BTW Does Tagament work for valium/benzos in general?:confused: