PDA

View Full Version : Promethazine?

njp2525
02-28-2010, 08:30 AM
So my doc scripted me promethazine cuz i have a fucked up stomach and it helps a lot. Anyway I was recently told by a different doc (I was in a detox facility) that it's a opioid potentiator and he wouldn't even give it to me while I was in there which sucked cuz my stomach was fucked. (I have been on 140mg of methadone maintenance for 7 months). Now I'm back on the promethazine 25mg twice daily and I was just curious if I can get a nod going or w/e. How much would I have to take? I could also throw in some xanax:rolleyes:

Ickyuck
02-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Try searching a bit, there's quite a bit of info about promethazine (http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=24129&highlight=promethazine)floating around.

erica
02-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Use the search engine, you'll find PLENTY of the information you're looking for.

You'll be able to get a nod from 25mg no problem, but if not, try 50mg.

paroxetina
02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Are you still on methadone, or was that stopped in detox? Promethazine will definitely make you sleepy and make you nod, but I've never found there to be any euphoria from it alone.

njp2525
02-28-2010, 08:54 AM
The reason I'm asking is because I can't find an accurate dose to fuck me up. I take 25mg twice every day and I don't feel shit (and I am on 140mg of methadone).

njp2525
02-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Are you still on methadone, or was that stopped in detox? Promethazine will definitely make you sleepy and make you nod, but I've never found there to be any euphoria from it alone.

I was in detox to get off mad klonopin, not opioids, I still got my dose while I was in there,

Dolofinell
02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Ive been on 130mgs 'done for 6yrs now. I take 10mgs. of valium 3x daily for my extreme anxiety as well. < 3yrs now. Promethazine knocks me on my ass. I took 25mg about 7:30 last night and was out by 8. I cant take it, knocks me out!

b00ty_m4n
02-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Well Im on 130mgs. of done and 25mgs. of phenergan(promethazine) knocks my dick in my watchpocket it just fuks me up not euphorically but just cant keep from nodding off bigtime and its not that enjoyable to me but maybe to some!!:p

Dolofinell
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Well Im on 130mgs. of done and 25mgs. of phenergan(promethazine) knocks my dick in my watchpocket it just fuks me up not euphorically but just cant keep from nodding off bigtime and its not that enjoyable to me but maybe to some!!:p

Exactly what I was sayin ^

Tylercwxzy
02-28-2010, 09:46 AM
My mom use to have a script for promethazine awhile back when I was living with her, I always took between 25-75mg without much results. There was a mild increase in nodding and feelings of being relaxed but thats about it. Also when I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago and the 7.5 hydro's didn't work that my dentist gave me, so he tried demerol/promethazine mixed together which was nice. I hear it complements demerol better than any other opiate for some weird reason. Idk, you could try it though. With methadone, always used xanax and dextromethorphan. They work the best for me....

Papa Verine
02-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I don't like promethazine being called an opiate potentiator. I've tried it several times, and instead of increasing the effects of my opiates (definition of potentiate) it just made me very tired. Antihistamine-like tired... not the enjoyable benzo tired.

This stuff sucks... and it's no potentiator. Not for me. I take opiates for energy and motivation, and to not feel the cold... I don't enjoy them so much when I'm glued to a lazy-boy.

b00ty_m4n
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I didnt know bout dextro potentiating done! I did bout the Xannies but not dextro could ya please elaborate on this please!

Count Zero
02-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Exactly what I was sayin ^

Completely agree. I was only on done for a year and top dose was 80 but phenergan totally knocked me on my ass. I would dose at the clinic in the morning, do a couple Phnergan around noon, and around 12:30-1 go "out to lunch" and pretty sleep for an hour, not nod, no real euphoria, just completely dial it down for an hour. It wasn't all that much fun and in retrospect I wonder why I bothered but I guess I was trying to recapture a little of what came before that, kinda lame.
Also, it was so prevalent they tested for it at the clinic so no THs for me (probably a good thing at the time).

Restharrow
02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I am not sure if you were asking for experiences, but we keep the suppositories in the refrigerator all the time --25 mg. rectally knocks me out and also relieves nausea which it is scripted for.

I had an upset stomach last week, got 1 suppository and slept from 2:00 PM to 5:45 AM (14 hours plus). It also stopped the nausea.

I realized when I got it out of the fridge that it had 5 refills we had not gotten and it was expired. Expired meds. with 5 refills tells me no potential for euphoria.

Will

Tylercwxzy
02-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Actually there are reports of high doses IV'd (75-100mg range) of producing euphoria, not very common orally though. Also about the dextro, I take about 45-60mg/day about 1 hour after dosing at the clinic and I notice a much stronger glow. Dextro and methadone are both NMD antagonist so there is a combined synergy effect, also because they are both synthic opiates.

panda
02-28-2010, 01:35 PM
i never could understand why people like that shit. its the money thing that gets me, they pay so much for it. even the green syrup that is just promethazine, goes for $20 a zip around here! and mixed with weak ass codeine, they pay $25-$30 a zip!

promethazine just makes me feel weird and tired. almost like drunk but weird and not very fun.

DollaSignAL
02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
i never could understand why people like that shit. its the money thing that gets me, they pay so much for it. even the green syrup that is just promethazine, goes for $20 a zip around here! and mixed with weak ass codeine, they pay $25-$30 a zip!

promethazine just makes me feel weird and tired. almost like drunk but weird and not very fun.

Yea man same here, I hear all these rappers hype the shit up like it will have you fucked up for days or somethin. Promethazine isn't that easy to come by here in CT, but when I finally got my hands on some I got the big ass glass bottle that the pharmacy gets. Aww man I was sooo excited! I even had my Lil' Wayne styrofoam cup and everything. Long story short, me and buddy split a good amount of that bottle and both didn't feel anything but a stomach ache. To say the least I was disappointed :(

panda
02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
^ was it the "purple" or "green"?

green is just promethazine, but people still love it. i remember i told some kid that loves the shit, it didn't do anything for me. he was like "was it the purple? it got to be the purple! that shit will knock you out!"

im thinking i wish i could get knocked out with codeine!!

i have also been told that the lighter colored pink shit is stronger, but really its just a different brand. its made by qualiquest or however you spell it.

DollaSignAL
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
^ was it the "purple" or "green"?

green is just promethazine, but people still love it. i remember i told some kid that loves the shit, it didn't do anything for me. he was like "was it the purple? it got to be the purple! that shit will knock you out!"

im thinking i wish i could get knocked out with codeine!!

i have also been told that the lighter colored pink shit is stronger, but really its just a different brand. its made by qualiquest or however you spell it.

I had the lighter colored red/pink qualitest shit. I've been doing my research on promethazine and I came across this quote on a forum: "Try and avoid qualitest at all costs. It was made with intentions of stopping syrup sipping. It yeilds bad side effects while the other brands don't..." After I read that I've come to the conclusion that I was a victim of this new & improved promethazine :mad:

Indy
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
I've had the qualitest before, it's a bid hard on your stomach (because of the sorbitol i think), and it can give you diarrhea but with opiates that's not really an issue. I only use codeine syrup to keep me from withdrawing, and if i chug the whole bottle i can usually feel pretty good for a little while, but the promethazine overpowers it too much IMO. 25 mg of promethazine is my preferred dose if i use it, though i usually don't, and chugging the whole bottle is way more than 25 mg.

it's weird that the doctor didn't want to prescribe it though, i've never had any trouble even asking for it by name. it's not really even a potentiator, IMO it's just a bit more powerful version of benadryl, i can barely even tell the difference between the way they both make me feel.

it's just stupid that the doctor sees it as an "abusable" drug, because without opiates it's definitely not recreational IMO. I guess from what other people are saying though some people DO like it on its own, which is gross to me, it just feels soooo dirty, if there was some way to separate it from codeine syrup i would, because the ONLY time i actually take it on purpose is if i'm nauseous from a really large dose of poppy seed tea or any other opiate, and since codeine isn't nearly strong enough to make me nauseous off the standard size prescription, there's no reason i'd want to take it if all i had was codeine.

one thing that i do like about the codeine/promethazine syrup is I can take it for nausea from poppy seed tea, and the codeine in it also helps it kick in a bit, while the promethazine helps with the nausea from the PST. but that's incredibly rare because if i have PST i'm not really going to bother trying to get codeine/promethazine anyway...just if i already have it around for some reason.

HandMeSomeOpiates
03-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Sip Sip Sip Sippen on some sizzzurrppp! That's all I have to add :p

Cobb
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Well...

The bottom-line here is that promethazine is not going to get you either "fucked up" or give you a "nod". Now, it might make you tired- and make you fall asleep- but that's not what I consider a nod. Basically, you are just going to end up sedating yourself and going to sleep. Methadone- already made me mad tired mid-day so I can't imagine taking promethazine on top of that- I'd be down for the count.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but maybe you should just get off the methadone program. In your last topic you were asking for ways to break-through the methadone- but said you just wanted to know- and were never going to do it. Now, you are talking about promethazine- and trying to get a nod-from it.

It seems that you aren't really ready to get off of opiates- so maybe you should just get off of methadone- your not going to get the high you are looking for- and plus this treatment is for those who want to get off of opiates. I'm just saying- like I said- I'm not trying to be a dick but just speaking on what I've read- this seems to be the case. Sorry if I have misunderstood something. Anyways, good luck in life man.

Restharrow
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Sip Sip Sip Sippen on some sizzzurrppp! That's all I have to add :p

Sippen With or Without (Codeine)?

Many years ago I think they used to sell Prometh / codeine mixture OTC in my state (actually Sched. V). A person could buy a couple of bottles per month.

With or Without HMSO?

Will

paroxetina
03-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Sippen With or Without (Codeine)?

Many years ago I think they used to sell Prometh / codeine mixture OTC in my state (actually Sched. V). A person could buy a couple of bottles per month.

With or Without HMSO?

Will

Lol, I don't know what HMSO is so I googled it - the first thing that came up was Her Majesty's Stationary Office. Hah!

DollaSignAL
03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Lol, I don't know what HMSO is so I googled it - the first thing that came up was Her Majesty's Stationary Office. Hah!

HMSO = HandMeSomeOpiates :cool: