PDA

View Full Version : Acetyl L-Carnitine / Acetylcarnitine raising bioavailability

dugwylor
02-25-2010, 10:41 PM
So on another board, a guy wandered across this patent:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4731360.html

It describes the use of Acetyl L-Carnitine to increase absorption in mucous membranes by a great deal... apparently far better than chitosan (for those familiar with the chitosan + morphine insufflation studies and the resulting increase in BA for a drug that otherwise has worse intranasal BA than it does oral due to low lipid solubility). In the paper it says it should work for just about any drug absorption, including opioids...

The guy who discovered it tried it out and has been very happy with the results so far. He's done it with snorting, plugging and possibly sublingual as well.

A bottle of this stuff can be picked up most places for under $10. I don't presently have access to anything I could plug or snort and am trying to cut way back anyhow, but I figured I'd throw this out in case anyone would like to try it. Again, the guy is claiming that the BA is increased monumentally, as in approaching IV levels when you mix this stuff in. He uses about 3mg of powder (capsules are generally 500mg or so) and that's enough to make it work.

Let me know if you have any luck with it. I'm also wondering how well this could work with cocaine and other stimulants...

JonnyM
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
I didnt see anywhere about opiates or opiods.

Can you point me in the right direction?

dugwylor
02-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Ah, doesn't mention them directly, but it does list about 8 different kinds of drugs, and then add, "The enhancement of drug absorption in accordance with this invention is not by any means limited to the above drugs, but are in general applicable to other classes of drugs such as analgesics, anabolics, androgens, anorexics, adrenergics, antiadrenergics, antiallergics, antibacterials, anticholinergics, antidepressants, antidiabetics, antifungal agents, antihypertensives, antineoplastics, antipsychotics, sedatives, cardiovascular agents, antiulcer agents, anticoagulants, anthelmintics, radio-opaques, radionuclide diagnostic agents and the like."

Essentially, it's an almost universal aid for absorption. It works with almost anything because it doesn't work in tandem with your drug... it just does its work as it stands, and then if you happen to throw a drug that you want absorbed more efficiently on the same spot, that's just what will happen. That coupled with the anecdotal evidence suggests it'll do the job.

JonnyM
02-26-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't know I have my doubts especially when it comes to anecdotal evidence because its so subjective from person to person.

However like you said you can pick it up for under $10 so you don't have much to lose and quite a bit to gain... I hope it works.

Paregoric Kid
02-26-2010, 09:08 AM
I might have a bottle of this lying around, if so I'll give it a shot and report back.

kyito
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I picked up some NOW L-Carnitine and Acetyl L-Carnitine and am trying the ALCAR now. It burns slightly when sniffed but I think it is helping absorption. I also ordered some pure pharmaceutical grade powdered ALCAR. I will post any findings. I am really hoping this works as ALCAR is great stuff. It helps with fat metabolism and is beneficial to the heart and brain as an antioxidant.

harmonik
03-09-2010, 01:45 AM
If this shit is real, maybe I can finally put down the rig...

Swellin
03-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I have a huge fucking tub of this stuff, i was taking it while i was working out, im pretty sure its the same shit. From what i remember after taking it it made my body tingle quite a bit for a short time. Not sure it would feel very good snorting this stuff. I will digg out my supplements and give this a try tonight as well. Will post back tomorrow on the results if its the same stuff i have.

kyito
03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
This stuff works by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondria where they are burned as fuel. It seems to make sense that it will work by 'transporting' the opiate through the mucus membrane of the sinus.

kyito
03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
According to SWIM, he says "I have noticed an increase in potency and efficiency last night and today. SWIM did 100 mg less morphine insufflated today than yesterday and feels BETTER on the lower dosage that was used with some ALCAR. I don't think its placebo. I will definitely continue to observe and experiment."

l4l5
11-11-2010, 08:14 PM

It describes the use of Acetyl L-Carnitine to increase absorption in mucous membranes by a great deal... apparently far better than chitosan (for those familiar with the chitosan + morphine insufflation studies and the resulting increase in BA for a drug that otherwise has worse intranasal BA than it does oral due to low lipid solubility). In the paper it says it should work for just about any drug absorption, including opioids...

The guy who discovered it tried it out and has been very happy with the results so far. He's done it with snorting, plugging and possibly sublingual as well.

A bottle of this stuff can be picked up most places for under $10. I don't presently have access to anything I could plug or snort and am trying to cut way back anyhow, but I figured I'd throw this out in case anyone would like to try it. Again, the guy is claiming that the BA is increased monumentally, as in approaching IV levels when you mix this stuff in. He uses about 3mg of powder (capsules are generally 500mg or so) and that's enough to make it work.

Let me know if you have any luck with it. I'm also wondering how well this could work with cocaine and other stimulants...

very interesting L-carnitine helps your body digest fats, and or switch your body from using your sugar reserves into tapping into your body fat to convert it to energy, so this is interesting.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

very interesting L-carnitine helps your body digest fats, and or switch your body from using your sugar reserves into tapping into your body fat to convert it to energy, so this is interesting.
actually the same would also happen for Lecithin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecithin)

sweetpoppygrrl
11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Is this stuff a supplement?
Otc?
Body building stuff?
Sounds like it could be a double edged sword...

Swellin
11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Pretty sure its a suppliment, I use to use it while working out and was planning on trying it with my morphine, but never found it again after i moved. I have a massive tub of it somewhere in a box, it can be bought in bulk fairly cheap online, but im not sure how effective it is. Since i IV my morphine i doubt ill end up trying it, even if i find it again.