PDA

View Full Version : Saliva Drug Test Tomorrow - Can I say subs showed up as opiates?

JMill420
02-22-2010, 03:11 PM
I have a saliva drug test tomorrow. I couldn't find how long heroin stays in your system. I was planning on buying a detox kit for it but I was wondering - I have a sub script would I be able to say those came up as opiates? How long does H stay in your saliva?

More Feen
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
You could try it, but subs (bupe) requires a special test--separate from Morphine (Codeine/H)--at least for the urine test.

I don't know anything about saliva.

Good luck,

M F

JMill420
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
You could try it, but subs (bupe) requires a special test--separate from Morphine (Codeine/H)--at least for the urine test.

I don't know anything about saliva.

Good luck,

M F

I know im just thinking they wont know anything about it, its a staffing agency and all I gotta say is its an opiate...Im gonna go buy this U.S.B. detox kit thats supposed to clean urine, saliva, and blood. I dont know though, im nervous.

HistoryofMadness
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
hate to be a downer but i don't think you'll convince them that subs did it. i especially wouldn't say the word "opiates" if i were you. if you know you're going to fail, just say your on some medicine and your doctor said it might show up on a drug test. then show them the subs. pray they don't know better and don't have resources.

i wouldn't hold out much for the kit either. those things never work from what i hear.

good luck.

Actavis
02-22-2010, 04:36 PM
hate to be a downer but i don't think you'll convince them that subs did it. i especially wouldn't say the word "opiates" if i were you. if you know you're going to fail, just say your on some medicine and your doctor said it might show up on a drug test. then show them the subs. pray they don't know better and don't have resources.

i wouldn't hold out much for the kit either. those things never work from what i hear.

good luck.

+1 i would not say a thing... saliva tests have the shortest length of metabolites showing. even pot will not show after a few days if i am not mistaken. if you have not taken heroin for a few days, you will pass with flying colors.

if you do fail then tell them about the bupe and see what happens.

The_Highwayman
02-22-2010, 04:41 PM

good luck.

very good advice...don't get too technical and pray they aren't too smart. Mistaking heroin for buprenorphine on a drug test is crazy. My parents used to give me the saliva drug tests and I was using a tested negative everytime but I guess my parents trying to a drug test is like aonkey driving a car...

JMill420
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah I think those detox things are a joke, I dont see how taking capsules can alter your saliva. Im just going to rub it on my teeth.

panda
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
saliva tests are a joke. i got called for a drug test at work. i thought oh fuck, i have been using for two years every day. been doing 300mg of oc a day, and just dosed before i came to work. i passed! my girlfriend passed one at her work as well.

if you do fail and its done at a screening place, the sub line aint going to work. not only have they heard it before, its their business to know these kinda things.

as far as the detox kits go, i have had friends that have tried them ALL. i have never heard of one working. and each kit was tried more then once. i wouldn't waste your money on a drug detox kit.

JonnyM
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Saliva tests have a short detection period, usually you have to have used within 24 hours to fail.

More Feen
02-23-2010, 08:31 AM
saliva tests are a joke. i got called for a drug test at work. i thought oh fuck, i have been using for two years every day. been doing 300mg of oc a day, and just dosed before i came to work. i passed! my girlfriend passed one at her work as well.

if you do fail and its done at a screening place, the sub line aint going to work. not only have they heard it before, its their business to know these kinda things.

as far as the detox kits go, i have had friends that have tried them ALL. i have never heard of one working. and each kit was tried more then once. i wouldn't waste your money on a drug detox kit.

The typical urine test for OPI usually can only detect Morphine, and those drugs with Morphine metabolites (codeine & H).

There is a special test for Bupe & for Oxy--again, as far as U/A are concerned.

M F

DollaSignAL
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM

I had a similar experience too, I wouldn't trip over a saliva test, it's really not that serious. Now if they wanted you to give a supervised urine, I'd be worried :eek:

JTDuffet
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Industry Leading Cut Off Levels For Oratect III

How many false negatives are you willing to accept to save a few dollars on drug screens?

Cut off levels are a measure of the sensitivity of a drug testing device.

We encourage you to closely compare the cut off levels published by other saliva drug screening companies. If they do not publish their cut off levels there is a reason. If it doesn't say made in the USA, it isn't. Oratect leads the saliva drug screen industry and is made in the USA.

The lower the number the more sensitive the test.

Drug Oratec III vs some Imports
Methamphetamines*** 25 ng/ml 50 ng/ml
Marijuana**** 40 ng/ml 75 ng/ml
Cocaine 20 ng/ml 20 ng/ml
Amphetamines 25 ng/ml 50 ng/ml
Opiates 10 ng/m l 40 ng/ml
Phencyclidine 4 ng/ml 10 ng/ml
Benzodiazepines 5 ng/ml 50 ng/ml

*Concentration in undiluted neat oral fluid
** From the country that gave you lead paint on your children's toys.
***Includes Ecstasy (MDMA) at 25 ng/mL

****Parent THC - Do not be confused by published cut-off levels by some competitors. The only reliable way to measure THC in saliva is by testing for the parent drug.

Some competitors publish cut-off levels as low as 4ng/ml. They are testing for metabolites that do not exist in saliva. The relatively low cut-off levels that they publish are misleading because the substance for which they are testing doesn't exist in saliva.

What drugs does the device detect?
The test device will detect the most commonly used drugs including amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamines including MDMA (Ecstasy), opiates, and PCP. In the future, benzodiazepines will also be available.

It only says opiates, so most likely the bupe will not get detected. When did you do the heroin last?

-jt

panda
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
The typical urine test for OPI usually can only detect Morphine, and those drugs with Morphine metabolites (codeine & H).

There is a special test for Bupe & for Oxy--again, as far as U/A are concerned.

M F

not trying to come off as an ass, but this is about a saliva test. im not sure what you're trying to get at?

most urine tests include oxy now, even the cheaper ones you can get at the store. and testing places will most always include oxy in their test, but not bupe.

infact other then addiction treatment programs, i have only heard one story of someone failing for bupe. i am not even sure if its true. when i was locked up a few months ago, some guy that was in there said he failed his po drug test. he said they asked him if he had a script for the bupe that showed up, and if he didn't, hes getting locked back up.

fizzled428
03-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Heroin metabolites only stay in your saliva 4 - 24 hours, even less if you have fast metabolism. If your that worried drink some water to get bodily functions going then before you go to take in rinse with 50/50 pyroxide/water or on your way in put a altoid in between your cheek and gums, because thats where they put the cotton stick. Also try not produce much saliva if possible. Note: make sure the days leading up to S/A you brush and mouthwash like normal. You should be ok.

rdj
04-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Heroin metabolites only stay in your saliva 4 - 24 hours, even less if you have fast metabolism.

Are you sure about this? I'm on suboxone maintenance but want to do some H today. On thursday I have a meeting where I'll be saliva tested and don't want them to see heroin use.

Tautou
04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Are you sure about this? I'm on suboxone maintenance but want to do some H today. On thursday I have a meeting where I'll be saliva tested and don't want them to see heroin use.

How about blasting off on Thursday after the test. If the results of a negative test will at ALL effect your life, wait 2 more days. Seriously, if youre on sub maint, then just use subs till right after the test...

This is the only SURE bet

rdj
04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
How about blasting off on Thursday after the test. If the results of a negative test will at ALL effect your life, wait 2 more days. Seriously, if youre on sub maint, then just use subs till right after the test...

This is the only SURE bet
Tautou! what a bloody good idea. It is worth attending the meeting, they're letting me take home my subs after I was bitching about missing classes etc bcoz of having to come to the pharmacy to take it every day.

As soon as I take the test and walk out the door I'll get blasted, with the script for take-aways in my hand. some sort of sweet irony to that