PDA

View Full Version : Adderall XR & Vyvanse

Nonphixion
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Swims has taken both in the past and present. What would you choose if you had a choice between the two, either Vyvanse_40mg or Adderall30mg_XR?? Need Input... Thanks

Opuim4TheMasses
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Personally Adderall has always worked best of me, whether it be for my actual add or just getting high....but thats just me....

maycausedrowsiness
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
only one of those two breaks out into fluffy white powder. those damn xr beads suck... while the adderalls may be a little bit stronger, i like how vivanse breaks out into fluffy white lines ... i personally prefer insuff. as my roa so this naturally appeals to me lol

vyvanse is supposed to be better, less side effects... also breaks out into fluffy powder.. at least the ones i've tried did...

i have an rx for adderall xr 20mg though

wisegal
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
only one of those two breaks out into fluffy white powder. those damn xr beads suck... while the adderalls may be a little bit stronger, i like how vivanse breaks out into fluffy white lines ... i personally prefer insuff. as my roa so this naturally appeals to me lol

true. vyvanese does break down sooo much easier and if you wanna snort - then this is what u should get HOWEVER - snorting it doesnt do SHIT for me. just parachute the lil balls of the xr cuz that is really what you should go for here. waaaay better med. imo...

eta: thought i'd make this a little more clear since i am faded atm...
hands down, i'd take the adderall xr. and tell them they"re too expensive can i get the ir? I'm working on getting ir instead of xr from my psychiatrist on thurs.

duck
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I fucking love adderall, I really prefer the straight amphetamines and dext. instead of the stupid pro-drug cra like Vyvanse. I just like simple drugs that have been used forever and everyone has a pretty good idea just how bad it's going to screw you up.

If I ever get back full steam on the drug use train, I am gonna go with daily opiates and moderate doses of amphetamines (prob. aderall) every day as well.

Restharrow
02-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I fucking love adderall, I really prefer the straight amphetamines and dext. instead of the stupid pro-drug cra like Vyvanse. I just like simple drugs that have been used forever and everyone has a pretty good idea just how bad it's going to screw you up.

If I ever get back full steam on the drug use train, I am gonna go with daily opiates and moderate doses of amphetamines (prob. aderall) every day as well.
The main problem with adding stimulants to opiates, is it makes most people take a lot more opiates. I hate to knod so I prefer stimulants with the opies.

Adderall for me, but a straight amphetamine is even better.

Billy the kid
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Snorting vyvanse does not work! It is lisdexamphetamine so it needs to be digested (eaten) to activate it. If you do feel something from snorting it is just because some went down into your stomache.

eukodalic
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
The main problem with adding stimulants to opiates, is it makes most people take a lot more opiates. I hate to knod so I prefer stimulants with the opies.

Adderall for me, but a straight amphetamine is even better.

++1, Will. I'm envious of all you guys who are scripted or otherwise receive Addy's, or even the "designers" like Vyvanse...my doc will only go as far as Provigil or Nuvigil. Which are wildly expensive w/o good insurance and don't work too well for me, anyway. My dream would be a nice single entity amphetamine, like the old SK and F orange triangles (pure dex) or the "spansules" of old...for now
that stuff is just a FAR distant memory.:( Way back to the college days!:rolleyes: I remember an awesome "cocktail" amphet. product (from the 60s) called Obetrol. A favorite of Andy Warhol in his New York days and a knee-buckling product by any description. Had four different amphets; compounded into one orange pill.

Paregoric Kid
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not positive but I think a 40mg vyvanse contains 16mg of dextroamphetamine. I've read that 50mg of vyvanse is molecularly equal to 20mg of dextroamphetamine but also that hydrolyzing 70mg of vyvanse only yields 20mg of d-amphetamine. anyways a 30mg adderall xr contains 22.5mg dextroamphetamine and the remainder is the levo isomer which helps the d-amphetamine last longer by slowing metabolism but this can cause unwanted side-effects too. the adderall xr time release mechanism is simple to defeat but vyvanse requires you to either swallow it and wait for it to be metabolized before it can take effect or by hydrolyzing the lisdexamfetamine into d-amphetamine in a lab. basically unless you really like vyvanse you should probably go with the adderall xr because you are going to get more d-amphetamine out of the adderall xr.

eukodalic
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Excellent information ^^^ PK. Thank you; not to hijack, but I am going to ask for Vyvanse at my
next refill appointment, coming up later this week. He will not allow Adderal, but since Vyvanse is slightly different chemically, he may allow me to try a low dose formulation of it. I am really getting the "opio sleepies" lately, esp. in the late afternoon and have not raised my authorized dosages of my around-the-clock and BT products. I'll make a comment thread about it in Stimulant forum, if I'm successful.

Nonphixion
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Snorting vyvanse does not work! It is lisdexamphetamine so it needs to be digested (eaten) to activate it. If you do feel something from snorting it is just because some went down into your stomache.

Yea, I was under the impression you could Not-(or stupid) Snort Vyvanse because it's a Pro-Drug and has to pass through ur liver, mixed with some enzymes or some shit before it starts working...

metric man
02-23-2010, 12:17 AM
I get the Addrerall 20mg IR's. I don't really get high from them but I like them. I used to get 20mg Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) which I think worked better for me. After about 8 months of taking them before getting switched to adderall I figured out an ingenious way to cook up and shoot the dexmethylphenidate. IT IS INSCREDIBLE!! So much better than shooting coke. So good in fact i'm glad I got switch to adderall or else I think things would have gotten way way way out of control.

Import
02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Metric-ive heard good things about dexmethylphenidate. Is it also nice when eaten or snorted, or just IV?

I was prescribed 54 (or 56...cant remember) mg concertas for about 4 years. 54 mgs of methylphenidate over 8 hours is pretty crazy...those things got me LIFTED every day during highschool. Gave myself a heart murmur during a coke/adderol/concerta binge. Lost my mind on the coke and amp., and started popping my concertas like candy to try and get the coke high back. I musta eaten 15 of those fuckers in one night. I was high for the next week (literaly) and gave myself minor heart damage. I fucking hate stims.

goodgirlgonebad
03-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I have an appointment this Friday with a psychiatrist (first time ever) about my ADD, which has recently been interfering with my work BIG time. To the point where ive almost lost my job a few times over it. Stupid shit, like interrupting people, not being able to sit still and work, etc. So I have done a lot of research, and am EXTREMELY interested in Vyvanse. I have taken Adderall many many times (from friends) and it makes me cracked out, but not in a good way. Like I felt when I use to do coke. That "OMG I NEED MORE!" feeling. Constant feinding for more, know what I mean? A friend of mine took Adderall for years and recently switched to Vyvanse and said it has been a God-send. That she never craves more and she feels "together" and "normal" instead of feeling coked up all day.

Im just wondering how I approach the doctor with this. Being that I have never been officially diagnosed with ADD and have never been treated, is it unreasonable for me to even request Vyvanse? Im really hoping he wont want to start out with fucking Concerta or something. I have tried that (recreationaly) and HATED it. But of course I can't tell him that..I can't tell him ive ever tried anything! What do most doctors rx initially for adults if they truly do have ADD? I have to get this shit under control.

Sorry for turning your thread into my own question...I didn't want to open up a new one since this is on the same subject! :-)