PDA

View Full Version : thebaine to etorphine/ oxycodone

northernstar
07-08-2006, 08:39 PM
ok SWIM was working on a movie scipt where SWIM realizes that "Papaver bracteatum" containes thebaine, and prusueing etorphine or oxycodone from this would have a much higher yeild then trying to get M or H in a injectable form from *hordes*of somiferium pods...etorphine in one post seems to be ass kicking, and is reported as 1k-80 k times the potentrency of morphine. Any ideas on how these hypothetical people would 1) extract and purify the thebaine and 2) convert the thebaine to etorphine.
3) convert the thebaine to oxycodone (if easyer)

any ideas?

jacky
07-10-2006, 02:59 PM
get otto snows book "oxy" and you should find all the information that you need, well most of the info you would need to provide at least a minimal description of the process..
this book is produced by thoth press.

I am currently growing a species of papaver called papaver fugax that is reported to contain thebaine, unfortunately the seed for p. fugax is hard to come by, with only 1 known source being a botanical garden that would only sell me 3 seed packets.
this year I am succesful in producing 13 clumps of seedlings, we will see if any more seed is possible with the material that I am raising.
p.fugax also has an alkaloid in the ariel parts that is supposed antideppressant active...

I also notice that p. orientale contains oripavine...which could possibly be of interest to chemists interested in analog research. p.orientale material would be more readily avialable...I myself have a couple armloads of harvested dried p.orientale material.

even thebaine consumed by some people might have a noticeable narcotic effect I would think, at least one study has shown that thebaine is metabolized in primates livers to morphine, and that after the initial stimulant effect, the thebaine seems to metabolize and then stronger analgesia was noticed. of course this doesnt mean that this process can happen in humans, but I would be interested in consuming thebaine containing materials perhaps, in small doses initially. thebaine occurs in papaver somniferum, and I suspect that some effects that I have felt from poppy seed tea seem to fit the description of thebaine metabolism in primates, initial uncomfortable stimulant effects, that within hours give way to stronger narcotic effects.

northernstar
07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
get otto snows book "oxy" and you should find all the information that you need, well most of the info you would need to provide at least a minimal description of the process..
this book is produced by thoth press.

I am currently growing a species of papaver called papaver fugax that is reported to contain thebaine, unfortunately the seed for p. fugax is hard to come by, with only 1 known source being a botanical garden that would only sell me 3 seed packets.
this year I am succesful in producing 13 clumps of seedlings, we will see if any more seed is possible with the material that I am raising.
p.fugax also has an alkaloid in the ariel parts that is supposed antideppressant active...

I also notice that p. orientale contains oripavine...which could possibly be of interest to chemists interested in analog research. p.orientale material would be more readily avialable...I myself have a couple armloads of harvested dried p.orientale material.

even thebaine consumed by some people might have a noticeable narcotic effect I would think, at least one study has shown that thebaine is metabolized in primates livers to morphine, and that after the initial stimulant effect, the thebaine seems to metabolize and then stronger analgesia was noticed. of course this doesnt mean that this process can happen in humans, but I would be interested in consuming thebaine containing materials perhaps, in small doses initially. thebaine occurs in papaver somniferum, and I suspect that some effects that I have felt from poppy seed tea seem to fit the description of thebaine metabolism in primates, initial uncomfortable stimulant effects, that within hours give way to stronger narcotic effects.

you should wind up with a abundance of seeds after your first harvest. lol p.fugax hu? i'll have to look that one up! i was thinking of starting with bractetum and hen,n chicks...